The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

Fave CFTKR scents

OK, so I was wondering what all of your favorite scents for CFTKR are. Seems like a lot of you like it, and would love to know what's popular. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Ok, you asked...here goes:

Acorn Harvest, Almond Biscotti, Almond Pastry, Amaretto Chocolate, Amish Friendship Bread, Amish Harvest, Amish Quilt, Apple Cinnamon, Apple Jack Peel, Apples & Red Oak, Autumn Pear (best pear), Autumn Spice, Baked Vanilla Crunch, Balsam & Cedar, Banana Berry, Banana Nut Bread, Banana Walnut, Bear Claw, Berries & Bread, Birthday Cake, Bits of Honey, Black Forest Cake, Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies, Blueberries & Cream, Blueberry Cheesecake, Blueberry Cinnamon Strudel, Blueberry Cobbler, Blueberry Muffin, Blueberry Patch (dupe of YC’s Blueberry), Burnt Cream, Bushels of Fun, Butter Drop Cookie, Buttermilk Pancakes (light but delish), Butterscotch, Candied Apple Pomander, Candy Cane, Candy Corn, Caramel Corn, Cane Sugar Cookie, Caramel Apple, Caramel Apple Cashew, Caramel Latte, Caramel Clouds, Caramel Nut Cluster, Caramel Sugar Crunch, Caramel Sticky Buns, Caramel Swirl, Caramelized Apple Praline, Caramelized Praline, Celtic Moonspice, Cherry Pie, Chestnuts & Brown Sugar, Chocolate Covered Cherries, Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Orange Truffle, Chris’ Spiced Sugar Cookie, Christmas Cookie, Christmas Kitchen, Christmas Morn, Christmas Time (dupe of YC’s Christmas Wish), Cider & Stix, Cinnamon Apple Strudel, Cinnamon Bread Pudding, Cinnamon Breakfast Cake, Cinnamon Bun, Cinnamon Cranberry Harvest, Cinnamon French Toast, Cinnamon Glazed Baklava, Coconut Cream Cake, Cookie Dough, Crème de la Crème, Cornucopia, Country Berry Hotcakes, Country Sweet Bread, Cranberry Cobbler, Cranberry Orange Spice, Cranberry Sugar Cookie, Crème Brulee, Danish Pastry, Dewberry, Dutch Apple Crunch, Egg Nog, English Lemon Curd (best lemon ever), Lemon Sugar, Flapjacks, Flip Flops (smells like suntan lotion), Fresh Picked Strawberry, Strawberries & Cream (my favorite strawberry), Frosted Grahams, German Chocolate Cake, Ginger Pumpkin Snap, Frost on the Pumpkin (dupe but better than YC’s Frosted Pumpkin), Gingerbread Goodies, Gingerbread Noel, Pumpkin Pie Noel, Gingersnap, Gourmet Chocolate Fudge, Granny’s Pumpkin Spice Cake, Halloween Spice, Harvest, Heaven’s Scent, Holiday Cranberry Noel, Home for the Holidays, Honey, Hot Apple Pie, Hot Orange Danish, Hummingbird Cake, Icebox Sugar Cookie, Iced Cherry Chip Cake, Italian Rum Cake, Jam & Scones (similar to YC’s Berry Crumble), Key Lime Pie, Lemon Chiffon, Lemon Sugar Cookie, Lemon Meringue, Lemon Noel, Lemon Snap Cake, Lemon Pound Cake, Luscious Vanilla, Macintosh Apple, Maple Brown Sugar, Maple & Pecan, Maple Walnut Sticky Bun, Oatmeal Raisin Cookie, Orange Caramel Crumble, Peach Jam Cheesecake (my favorite peach), Perfect Caramel, Pineapple Upside Down Cake (best in the world), Pistachio Ice Cream, Pizzelle, Plum Rhubarb (YC dupe), Pumpkin & Chestnuts, Pumpkin & Sugared Hazelnuts, Pumpkin Apple Cake, Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Spice, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Pumpkin Crunch Cake, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Nog, Pumpkin Flapjacks, Pumpkin Zucchini Bread, Pumpkins & Pralines, Raspberry Zinger, Rhubarb & Berries, Royal Vanilla Cream, Sweet Vanilla, Serendipity, Caramelized Banana Cake, Sock it to me Cake, Southern Style Vanilla, Spiced Apple Pecan, Spiced Cranberry, Spiced Muffin, Spiced Mulberry, Spiced Persian Pear, Spicy Gingerbread, Sugar Cane & Vanilla, Sugar Cookie, Sugar Milk, Vanilla Cake, Summer Vacation (dupe of Sun & Sand), Sweet & Yummy, Sweet Berry Cake, Sweet Cakes, Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, Sweet Pumpkin Harvest, Sweet Potato Pie, Sweet Pumpkin Bars, Noels of Vanilla (Vanilla Bean Noel dupe), Vanilla Cake, Vanilla Hazelnut Brulee, Vanilla Iced Cinnamon Roll, Vanilla Lime, Vanilla Pumpkin, Vanilla Sugar Cookie, Vanilla Waffers, Holiday Relish, Watermelon, Wedding Cake, Zucchinni Bread, White Cake, Whole Wheat Bread (smells like a croissant), Wildberry, Wildberry Crisp, Wildberry Scone.

These are just my favorites. She has a ton other that I like and use quite often.

This is what LLVV posted in the forum under: Candle/melt Fragrance Inquiries. I think she likes Carol. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

I am making my list. :oops:

[smilie=th_76d65c2f] Yep, one of her biggest fans. This list is from almost 3 years of melting her tarts so it's a weeee bit long. You all understand, right? :oops:

Y'all are making me sooo excited! I got some paypal the other day for completing some surveys, and decided to try CFTKR. I got the fall breakfast mini tart sampler - country berry flapjacks, pumpkin cappucino, fresh baked bread, bear claw, glazed pumpkin danish, glazed apple danish, and zucchini bread. Oooh, I can't wait! I'm hoping they'll be here possibly tomorrow. [smilie=th_316785e4]

You will not believe her TAT and CS. Nothing like what you have experienced in the past!! Hope you will like your 24w as much I do. You may find that the scent will be shorter in time, but the throw should make up for it.

You will not believe her TAT and CS. Nothing like what you have experienced in the past!! Hope you will like your 24w as much I do. You may find that the scent will be shorter in time, but the throw should make up for it.

I have a question about your above statement. Are you saying the higher the wattage the stronger the throw plus shorter time and the lower the wattage the weaker the throw but longer scent time? I was considering getting a melter that uses a 40 watt bulb and according to your statement it would burn the scent out faster. Is that correct? I guess I was always thinking the higher the wattage the better the throw but I NEVER considered the fact that the tart wouldn't last as long. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

JCB - I find it really depends on the vendor. Some last longer than others but for me, typically, the higher the wattage the shorter time of the scent. Then again, I have never been able to get a tart to last 12 hours or more as some of the posters have. You will also find that it depends on whether you use tealights, combo melters or the bulb melters you are referring to. I have no experience with those - except the Scentsy ones (which I had no luck with unless I used Scentsy melts) - but it depends on how far away the bowl is from the bulb, how many holes are in the base which allow the heat to escape, how large the holes are and dozens of other variables. I think several users have the 40w bulb burners so hopefully, they will chime in and give you their results. We have found also that things like where the melter is placed makes a huge difference. A lot of it is finding the right burner for you and then where in your home you get the best results. It truly is a lot of "trial and error" but once everything clicks, you are hooked.

24 watt is definitely stronger than a 40 watt bulb burner. I had trouble getting some scents to throw in a 40 watt bulb burner, however, I didn't have trought in the 24 watt one with those scents. IMO, the scent lasts for slightly less time in the 24 watt one but I don't care about that because I get bored after 6+ hours of the same scent.

Guest stardustgirl

The 24watt styles I'm familiar with are all hot plate type melters - definitely give the best throw for me.

I have a 40 watt bulb melter but think that the number of holes in the base make too much heat dissipate (I'm burning mostly non-soy waxes, so that likely factors in) and I don't get as good a throw from it.

I've had melts last more than one day in a 24w, but it very much depends on the scent. Even with one vendor, it varies from tart to tart depending on the scent.

I get much better results with a 24 watt hot plate burner. I've gotten some very hard to throw scents in the 40 watt bulb burner to throw strong in the 24 watt hot plate burner.