The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

CFTKR

Thanks Fleur.

I do like patchouli, especially when it's blended with other scents, so this is great.

Let us know if you order... I do like patchouli mixed with other scents... Haunted House by CH is a favorite... it has a touch of patchouli... I have also melted Honey Patchouli... can't remember from who... but I did like it... [smilie=th_00000020]

Would someone please try to remind me of what patchouli smells like? When I google it, I get "fruity" and "earthy" neither one of which are very helpful. Does YC have a patchouli that I can go smell?

Hi toberetired. Patchouli is more of a pungent earthy spice. Yankee has their Halloween Purr-Chouli scent out right now that is my favorite straight patchouli.

It's good blended with honey, pomegranate, or other scents that can soften it a bit.

Lush's Karma is another example. CandlesDippers has Karma too.

Thanks, Jules. At lunch, I will be at the Mall sniffing YC jar lids!!!

[smilie=th_bb20]

Sounds like a great lunch - and no carbs. :lol:

I went ahead and finally placed my first order with CFTKR today. I got a couple of sample packs (including the Patch) and Merlin's Forest too.

Also some egg nog , egg shaped tarts. I'm kind of regretting that one but I was in the moment. I hope it smells good since I apparantly have 6 tarts coming in it. That was totally an impulse buy. Has anyone smelled Carol's egg nog?

Hehehe...of course I have that one. :lol: Carol's Egg Nog is good especially if you like vanilla or cream type scents. I find that this one needs either a 24 watt combo melter or tea light melter. It didn't throw in a 40 watt bulb melter.

Would someone please try to remind me of what patchouli smells like? When I google it, I get "fruity" and "earthy" neither one of which are very helpful. Does YC have a patchouli that I can go smell?

remember scratch 'n sniff stickers in the 80s?

the black one with the skeleton on it was Patchouli

Hehehe...of course I have that one. :lol: Carol's Egg Nog is good especially if you like vanilla or cream type scents. I find that this one needs either a 24 watt combo melter or tea light melter. It didn't throw in a 40 watt bulb melter.

Thanks, LLVV. It's not something I would usually order. I don't know what came over me. At least I know you approve. It must be good. :lol:

Littlegoblin, it is funny that you mention that. The other day when I took a whiff of my Purr-Chouli tart, I instantly thought of those Scratch N' Sniff stickers and thought of Halloween. I couldn't remember which sticker it was, but smelling it took me back to the 80's instantly!

remember scratch 'n sniff stickers in the 80s?

the black one with the skeleton on it was Patchouli

Oh, I remember that one! I loved those scratch-n-sniff stickers! I had a huge sticker collection when I was in elementary school and those were always my favorite.I guess my scent addiction goes way back. [smilie=th_bb20]

Thanks for that link. Talk about a trip down memory lane. [smilie=th_bb20] Kind of makes me wish I'd held onto my sticker collection. I remember the birthday cake one. I had a couple of teachers that would put scratch-n-sniff stickers on graded papers.

Guest Anonymous

I order & reorder Carol's Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies, Bear Claws, Sweet Potato Pie and Caramels. Also her sugar sampler is fantastic.

Guest Anonymous

Also some egg nog , egg shaped tarts. I'm kind of regretting that one but I was in the moment. I hope it smells good since I apparantly have 6 tarts coming in it. That was totally an impulse buy. Has anyone smelled Carol's egg nog?

Jules - I have Carol's egg nog too. If you like the eggnog you buy in the dairy isle around Christmas in the grocery store, I think you'll like hers, too. It smells really good, a little on the light side (to me), but still yummy! If you don't like it, let me know and I'll swap you something for it.... [smilie=th_confused3]

Ok, feeling a little bit embarassed. Everyone has a favorites list this long, right???

LLVV~ Don't feel bad....I have a "binder" full of favorites...I am mocked mercilessly by my family for it. :shock:

There are a lot of CFTKR threads floating around. ( I was not sure which one to post in, but this post is about fragrance so...)... I wanted to leave my impressions of a scent that I just tried from Carol... it is Merlin's Forest... when I first got it and sniffed it cold, it reminded me of something... could not put my finger on it... I decided to melt it today... I finally figured it out... I think it is Dove soap... my grandmother always had Dove soap in her bathroom (at least I think it was Dove, this was years ago... not sure if they have changed the fragrance)... this melt reminds me of that...

I thought I would post my impression... does anyone else think it smells like Dove soap?

... and it is not Dove soap... it still reminds me of my grandma's soap... [smilie=th_angry7]

oh my gosh Fluer that is funny because when i melted Merlins Forest my daughters said it smells like grandma's powder. So I think you are right about the soap smell.