The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

CFTKR

I keep reading so much about Candles From the Keeping Room.

I want to try this vendor. I keep checking it out on Ebay but I back out.

What is the average shipping cost here. It looks like every item you select has it's own shipping charges. I want to choose a selection of scents. Do they get combined?

[smilie=th_12E9EC16]

What are your favorite scents here?

Does Carol ever have special sales?

Are there single tarts available?

I'm counting on you, my CandleFind friends.

[smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20waving]

What do you recommend here? (scents or ordering tips)

Hey Jules! I've been buying from Carol for 2+ years now. Her shipping is very reasonable. You order what you want and then email her to send you an invoice. The invoice will contain the real shipping charge. My orders are usually in the $100 - $200 range and my shipping never goes above $9 and is almost always under that amount. She charges you what she is charged for shipping.

Once in a while she has auctions where you bid on her tarts but I don't like to do that becuase a lot of time all of us tart addicts go nuts and the prices of the auctions end up being more than the Buy Now price. Sometime, you get a great deal this way but she's such a popular tart maker now that the auctions become bidding wars very fast.

Once or twice a year she has a clearance sale where she puts on sale the leftover seasonal scent bags.

Jules, Carol's shipping is very reasonable. Just request an invoice once you are done shopping and she'll send you a combined invoice. As far as her scents, she has so many!! My favorites from what I have tried are

Laundry Day

Clean Morning Glory and Honeysuckle

Autumn Magic

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

Almond Biscotti

Her sampler packs are great, too! I have tons of other favorites that I just can't think of right now. Her TAT is really fast and she throws in lots of samples!

Sharon

Guest stardustgirl

Does anyone who knows Carol know if she's considering having her own website? eBay is making lots of changes soon and they are taking away the option for a buyer to pay via check or money order.

I'd love to try her stuff... I just don't care to support eBay any longer.

Jules, I've orderd from her a couple of times. I just called her with my order. I don't like to use e-bay either. But my favorite scent from her is Mulled Cider. Another way you can order is just e-mail her she will then send payment request.

Jules, I highly recommend these tarts. The shipping thing confused me at first. I didn't email her about shipping before I ordered the first time and thought the shipping was going to be outrageous, but Carol actually corrected the shipping without me even having to ask! Also, the TAT is AMAZING! Lots of free samples included. At first, I didn't like the idea of not being able to get single scents, but I found that the sampler packs that include themed scents are great for someone like me who doesn't want a bag of the same scent. I can't recommend the tarts enough. I think you will be happy with them.

twinsmom - thanks for the information. I have considered ordering from Carol but I'm just not familiar with Ebay. A long time ago I set up a userid & password but never used them and now I don't know what I did with them.

I may get a list together and send Carol an email as you suggested. I would like to try her products at least once.

You can also pay by check or money order if you want to. Email her if you don't want to use Paypal. She always works with her customers.

olive, Carol is really nice. I love her cider snap if you like apple scents. I drool over her site on an almost daily basis :lol:

I am waiting for a new order of Fairy Garden, Lime Bubble Gum and Christmas Garland.

I also love her Spiced Plum.

[smilie=th_happy096] I am a huge Carol fan!!

She is awesome! Been ordering from her forever and I am waittin on one as we speak! I got Sour Mac Apple, Lady Apple, Orange Cranberry, Pumpkins and Pralines, Sweet Pumpkin and the Fall Fruit Sampler!! Some of these are repeats for me, and some are new to me!!

You can never go wrong with her, and she ships lighting fast.. :shock:

Thanks for all the tips. That fall fruit sampler sounds interesting. I think I would like the sampler kind at first to get a feel for scents.

Jules, I started typing my favorites last night but DD started complaining for attention so I had to stop. Are you still interested in my list of favorites? It's a huge list of mainly bakery and vanillas with some fruits.

Jules, I started typing my favorites last night but DD started complaining for attention so I had to stop. Are you still interested in my list of favorites? It's a huge list of mainly bakery and vanillas with some fruits.

LLVV, If you have a minute, I would love to know your favorite bakery scents, or anything else outstanding from here. I want my first order to be tried and true favorites. I value your opinion.

Ok, you asked...here goes:

Acorn Harvest, Almond Biscotti, Almond Pastry, Amaretto Chocolate, Amish Friendship Bread, Amish Harvest, Amish Quilt, Apple Cinnamon, Apple Jack Peel, Apples & Red Oak, Autumn Pear (best pear), Autumn Spice, Baked Vanilla Crunch, Balsam & Cedar, Banana Berry, Banana Nut Bread, Banana Walnut, Bear Claw, Berries & Bread, Birthday Cake, Bits of Honey, Black Forest Cake, Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies, Blueberries & Cream, Blueberry Cheesecake, Blueberry Cinnamon Strudel, Blueberry Cobbler, Blueberry Muffin, Blueberry Patch (dupe of YC’s Blueberry), Burnt Cream, Bushels of Fun, Butter Drop Cookie, Buttermilk Pancakes (light but delish), Butterscotch, Candied Apple Pomander, Candy Cane, Candy Corn, Caramel Corn, Cane Sugar Cookie, Caramel Apple, Caramel Apple Cashew, Caramel Latte, Caramel Clouds, Caramel Nut Cluster, Caramel Sugar Crunch, Caramel Sticky Buns, Caramel Swirl, Caramelized Apple Praline, Caramelized Praline, Celtic Moonspice, Cherry Pie, Chestnuts & Brown Sugar, Chocolate Covered Cherries, Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Orange Truffle, Chris’ Spiced Sugar Cookie, Christmas Cookie, Christmas Kitchen, Christmas Morn, Christmas Time (dupe of YC’s Christmas Wish), Cider & Stix, Cinnamon Apple Strudel, Cinnamon Bread Pudding, Cinnamon Breakfast Cake, Cinnamon Bun, Cinnamon Cranberry Harvest, Cinnamon French Toast, Cinnamon Glazed Baklava, Coconut Cream Cake, Cookie Dough, Crème de la Crème, Cornucopia, Country Berry Hotcakes, Country Sweet Bread, Cranberry Cobbler, Cranberry Orange Spice, Cranberry Sugar Cookie, Crème Brulee, Danish Pastry, Dewberry, Dutch Apple Crunch, Egg Nog, English Lemon Curd (best lemon ever), Lemon Sugar, Flapjacks, Flip Flops (smells like suntan lotion), Fresh Picked Strawberry, Strawberries & Cream (my favorite strawberry), Frosted Grahams, German Chocolate Cake, Ginger Pumpkin Snap, Frost on the Pumpkin (dupe but better than YC’s Frosted Pumpkin), Gingerbread Goodies, Gingerbread Noel, Pumpkin Pie Noel, Gingersnap, Gourmet Chocolate Fudge, Granny’s Pumpkin Spice Cake, Halloween Spice, Harvest, Heaven’s Scent, Holiday Cranberry Noel, Home for the Holidays, Honey, Hot Apple Pie, Hot Orange Danish, Hummingbird Cake, Icebox Sugar Cookie, Iced Cherry Chip Cake, Italian Rum Cake, Jam & Scones (similar to YC’s Berry Crumble), Key Lime Pie, Lemon Chiffon, Lemon Sugar Cookie, Lemon Meringue, Lemon Noel, Lemon Snap Cake, Lemon Pound Cake, Luscious Vanilla, Macintosh Apple, Maple Brown Sugar, Maple & Pecan, Maple Walnut Sticky Bun, Oatmeal Raisin Cookie, Orange Caramel Crumble, Peach Jam Cheesecake (my favorite peach), Perfect Caramel, Pineapple Upside Down Cake (best in the world), Pistachio Ice Cream, Pizzelle, Plum Rhubarb (YC dupe), Pumpkin & Chestnuts, Pumpkin & Sugared Hazelnuts, Pumpkin Apple Cake, Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Spice, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Pumpkin Crunch Cake, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Nog, Pumpkin Flapjacks, Pumpkin Zucchini Bread, Pumpkins & Pralines, Raspberry Zinger, Rhubarb & Berries, Royal Vanilla Cream, Sweet Vanilla, Serendipity, Caramelized Banana Cake, Sock it to me Cake, Southern Style Vanilla, Spiced Apple Pecan, Spiced Cranberry, Spiced Muffin, Spiced Mulberry, Spiced Persian Pear, Spicy Gingerbread, Sugar Cane & Vanilla, Sugar Cookie, Sugar Milk, Vanilla Cake, Summer Vacation (dupe of Sun & Sand), Sweet & Yummy, Sweet Berry Cake, Sweet Cakes, Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, Sweet Pumpkin Harvest, Sweet Potato Pie, Sweet Pumpkin Bars, Noels of Vanilla (Vanilla Bean Noel dupe), Vanilla Cake, Vanilla Hazelnut Brulee, Vanilla Iced Cinnamon Roll, Vanilla Lime, Vanilla Pumpkin, Vanilla Sugar Cookie, Vanilla Waffers, Holiday Relish, Watermelon, Wedding Cake, Zucchinni Bread, White Cake, Whole Wheat Bread (smells like a croissant), Wildberry, Wildberry Crisp, Wildberry Scone.

These are just my favorites. She has a ton other that I like and use quite often. :oops:

Perhaps I should have asked which ones you don't like. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Thank you so much LLVV. I see lots of Fall and Holiday scents. Perfect! Didn't you mention the Pumpkin Zucchini Bread before on another thread? That one really sounds good. Along with about 30 more possiblilities.

[smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Guest Anonymous

so..........LLVV..Are you saying there are a few scents I might like to order? [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Guess I will reorder since I have tried her in the past and wasn't disappointed! [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

All of Carols baking and spicy/cinnamony scents are incredible!! I have been buying from her since i started ebay in 2000. Not a big lover of flowery scents, but i know all of her baking scents are great

[smilie=cloud_9]

Guest Anonymous
Ok, feeling a little bit embarassed. Everyone has a favorites list this long, right???

Um....welllll....... I don't think so..... :lol: I've been buying from Carol since 2001, but my list isn't quite as long. I have to admit, I keep a list by the computer to write down all the good stuff you post about in the daily scent thread so I can check it out when placing a new order from Carol. :lol:

LLVV.....you are the Keeping Room Queen ..... :lol: