The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

Front Porch - Mountain Lake

Candle Haven - Mint Angel.....I have always liked this scent.

Wish I had ordered CH Mint Angel. CH cinnamon sticks still hasn't lost its strength from yesterday. I sure would have stocked up if I had known Lessie was leaving.

Sunshine, I mostly melt tarts now, but before joining candlefind I mostly burned candles. I usually have a candle going in the evening on the weekends.

I'm melting HOT's Peppermint Noel Cake.

A Lemon Chiffon soy candle from an ebay member in LR.

I'll have more melting soon to get the cinnamon out of the air even though I loved it.

Jules and others who like Starbucks scents ~ I am still searching for a good melt. I didn't get anything from Brown Bag's tart. The combination coffee scents seem to win hands up over any Starbucks melt I have tried.

I hope everyone is getting a peaceful night's sleep. :shock:

I think my friend is doing OK--she was last night but I'll have to check with her today. I did have a relaxing evening but I am still tired this morning--it was quite a day.

This morning I am starting out with Mainstays Fresh Cotton. Hope everyone's Sunday is very nice.

Sunshine, I pretty much just burn tarts. I do have a jar of YC Macintosh in my spare room, which I rarely light because the cold smell strong. That jar I got for free at te flagship store, but the only other jars I have were given as gifts, and I'll sometimes put one in the basement or something.

Good morning everyone!

I have Nene's Amish Harvest melting right now. It has really cooled off here due to a cool front that came through, it feels very fallish. Of course when I say cool I mean lows in the low 70's and highs in the low 80's:lol:

Sunshine, I use both tarts and candles. I love the strong scent of tarts, but I also have to have the soothing light of a candle.

Well, another day of baking and cake decorating for me :shock:

I hope everyone has a nice day!

Sharon

Nene's Amish Harvest is my VERY favorite scent......have bought that scent since i started buying from her. Every single order, I have to add that scent. LOVE IT!!

Sunshine, I'm a candle girl. I melt tarts too but even then I use tealights. I love pillars too. I don't think there are as many pillar fans around here, but I'm one. I've got one going right now. - Full Moon canldes Jamaican Spice

I don't always list all the candles that are burning.

Trep, I hope your friend's DD is doing better today.

Heart, I agree about the coffee blends being the best. I really like HoT's White Chocolate Pumpkin Cafe

Floridamom, You must be a great baker to be called upon so often for cakes. Have you done it professionally? And what's your specialty? I'm hungry. can you tell?

And I miss scentsnob too.

TS Chestnuts & Brown Sugar

YC jar Ginger Citrus

YC mini jar Island Spa in the loo

FM - Jamaican Spice

Sunshine, I burn/melt tarts and candles...love them both! This morning it's GHBT home sweet home and country home. I'm going to place another order with her soon...want to try her holiday scents! :shock:

I'm also a Blue Moon pillar fan! :P

Good morning! I'm not melting anything yet, since we're leaving for church shortly. But, I can still smell the glazed pumpkin danish from CFTKR that I melted yesterday. Wow, that was one strong tart!

I had been nursery director at our previous church for 5-6 years, so when we started at our new church, I didn't volunteer for nursery duty to give myself a break for a few months. I start in the 2 year old class today. Wish me luck! I much prefer little babies, but they put me where they needed me. I'm a little scared. :shock:

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Happy Sunday everyone! Heidi~ Good luck, but you really don't need it and shouldn't be scared at all. You will do fine. You're a natural and such a good Mommie. :P

Jules ~ happy to know about HOT's Pumpkin Cafe. I have that on the way along with 3 other coffee combos from HOT.

CFTKR Cranberry Peppermint

Tuscaderos Cedarwood Mint in LR

Crosscreek's Banana Split in the kitchen :shock: smells like the real deal!

Heidi, I think you will really enjoy those two year olds! Don't know if I mentioned I went to the YC store yesterday to use the 1.00 coupon. Today is the last day for it. I got a bunch of the new scents. The lady said the orchard pear had been really popular!

Nancy, it sure sounds like you had an exhausting day yesterday, and I'm sure everyone was quite upset. I hope your friend is doing better today. I am sure they appreciate you so much.

As for going to the store with kids...Uh Huh :? .....Been there, done that. I have three girls, ages 15, 12, and 11. They used to make me nuts at the store. Now that they are older, I can leave them home when I grocery shop. Just started doing this over the summer. When I take them to the store now, I can get away with letting them walk around by themselves since they have each other . I am ashamed to say that I let them get into mischief and even laugh about it. They have a game called 'bathroom duty' where they go into a stall and wait for people to come in. When the person is 'done' they sing a song reminding the person to wash her hands. It's the funniest song as it instructs you to wash as long as it takes to sing Happy Birthday To You. Supposedly, they learned this song in school. I am so proud that they are doing this very important community service ! :?

Boogie! That's a riot! :?

It tick's me off that grocery stores put toys hanging from every aisle and candy at kid level at the checkout. I know why they do it and I don't appreciate it. I made sure early on never to buy candy at the checkout. My kids don't even ask anymore. They know it's never gonna happen. (mean ol' mom)

I added more smellies. :?

Norman's - Cappuccino Ice cream from a CF friend

and a whopping big Colonial Honecomb jar in the br

Good morning! This morning I'm melting Carol's Banana Nut Bread and Pumpkin Pie Spice. Both are wonderful.

Ditto on the candy thing! I NEVER buy it at the checkout counter. 95% of the time that the ice cream man drives by I tell her that he's going home to get more ice cream.

Boogie! That's a riot! :?

It tick's me off that grocery stores put toys hanging from every aisle and candy at kid level at the checkout. I know why they do it and I don't appreciate it. I made sure early on never to buy candy at the checkout. My kids don't even ask anymore. They know it's never gonna happen. (mean ol' mom)

My kids enjoy sugarless gum so I sometimes promise to get them a pack at the check-out if they behave themselves. They usually ask me for other things at the check-out, and sometimes I cave on a Hershey's bar( After all, they are girls, and should learn from an early age that chocolate and women naturally belong together ! ). :?

A little bit off topic, but if you're stumped about what to make for dinner tonight, I just posted a fabulous recipe that DH and I tried last night. It's BBQ Brats Heros. It's very easy and very delicious. It will not take more than an hour from start to finish. It's in the What's for Dinner thread.

Guest Anonymous

Trep - you're a good friend! Hope she's doing 100% better today.

Melting CFTKR apple zucchini bread - wonderful!

This morning I am melting Mandarin Carmel Crumble from Candle Haven. I am off to work again, but the family enjoys this scent and they will be home for most of the day. Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!