The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

If I may butt in, Jason, because I got it, LLVV, and had a good chuckle. And because I'm bored doing laundry all afternoon - I'm interrupting.

In the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding, the Greek father of the bride was hilarious using Windex on everything. He would even spray it on a scrape claiming that it was a cure all. :lol:

Great funny movie. I laughed my tail off at the grandmother's scenes.

[smilie=th_confused3] You got it! DH loved watching that movie because he said that it reminded him about my dad's side of the family and me. I didn't think he was so funny but I do loooove Windex!

Sweet&SpicyGirl - I saw that basket on Yankee's website this morning! It's so cute and has some very good scents in it. Enjoy your goodies. I'm burning my way through Autumn Gold too.

I love Starbucks' Pumpkin Spiced Latte and Gingerbread Latte. I don't like the Egg Nog one but I do love the egg nog creamers that they sell in the stores around Christmas time.

Today I'm melting Cider Snap (not my favorite but I bought it and can stand it so I want to use it up instead of being wasteful. I know a lot of people love this one but I'm just not a red hot cinnamon type of girl) and Cinnamon Raisin Bread (yummy, now that's my kind of scent).

Just got in from all my errands today. Burning PI pumpkin pie. Melting YC pumpkin pie. I understand the trauma with the 4 yr old. In the store today my child was acting like a hethern and my oldest tried to "help" me as I was paying by dragging and twisting the 3 yr olds arm across the room. I had to stop what I was doing and get them. The bagger boy laughed and the sweet checker said "it's not funny" I said no, it's not and turned to the bag boy and said " how many kids do you have?" It sounds like I was mean but we all were joking with each other and they could see I was at my witts end. I have made a new vow to not take them to the store. Let's see how long that lasts with my husband working nights.

Cheryl

Busy Bee... Pumpkin Spice Latte (the cold smell on this is just like the Starbucks drink... my favorite fall coffee beverage... I become a frequent Starbucks visitor in the fall)

Fleur - I've never tried Starbucks (one of the last hold-outs! lol). I think I need to try the

pumpkin, tho. Question is ....they have lots of different drinks, right? Do you get this in a latte, capuccino ....what? Thanks!

I used my Yankee coupon yesterday and got several new scents and since I bought more than $9.00 (shocker, huh? lol), got the free little basket, too. So cute!

Melting Autumn Gold...love this...it's wonderful! :lol:

What free little basket??????? I spent $50 and I didn't get a free little basket [smilie=th_create]

Awh Cheryl, I know exactly how you feel. So you have a 3 year old and a 4 year old? Wow... [smilie=th_create] and at the store together :lol: [smilie=th_cray]

Guest Anonymous

Melting Sweet Maple & Wood Violets (CH - only a couple left) and also Cranberry Vanilla Nut Bread (from CFTKR sampler)....Also burning Orchard Pear (YC).

Earlier today it was CYS Into the Woods. Now it's Candledippers blackberry sage in two melters. Today I was in Marshall's, Ross, and TJMaxx. I saw the cutest fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving decorations ever.

Awww Cheryl, I can soooo completely relate to you. My kids are 12, 9, 6, and 4, and are not always sweet little angels when we go shopping. It's better now that they're a little older, but when Seth was a newborn, I had a 2, 5, and 8 year old, and thought I'd lose my mind. [smilie=th_create]

This evening, it's glazed pumpkin danish from CFTKR. OMGosh!!!! Now I know why you all rave about these tarts. It smells absolutely amazing!

Have a wonderful evening!

Good evening everyone! It's my first post of the day so I'm trying to play catch up. To all the moms dealing with tantrums and crazy shopping trips, I can sympathize!!!

The only thing I'm melting is YC Macintosh in my front room and Nene's Orchid Rain in bedroom. I have cakes galore baking in the kitchen today because my husband volunteered me to make a birthday cake for someone to feed around 85 people :lol: And my neighbor volunteered me to bake a lot of baked goods for a school meeting on Monday. So lots of baking, and the house smells nice! I'll be glad when it's all over, though [smilie=th_create]

Have a great night!!

Sharon

Okay-so you are not alone-we have made the "I'll never take you to another store again!!"

vow,several times. I have 2 eight year old girls, one 15 yo girl, and a 4 yo girl-so I do feel your pain!

I just got home from soccer all day-melting Paradise Island-Can Do, Brandied Pears- Melissa's, and Citrus Cilantro-CFTKR

Hope everyone has a restful night.

BTW- we also have a family joke in reference to the Windex of the movie. We use this stuff called Nature's Fresh for everything under the sun-from mosquito bites to cleaning-so we call it our own Windex! So I totally got your joke-loved it!

I had a wild day--thought I was going to the mall to visit friends ( a mother and daughter). However, on my way down I get a call from an ambulance driver saying the daughter is being taken to the ER and can I come and bring the 91 yr old mother. I ended up being in the ER most of the day before taking them both home and ended up driving 170 miles--I am wiped out.

I came home and put on Yankee Orchard Pear.

I didn't get any free baskets either but I know each store has been choosing a promo this past week and ours was a chance for a $50 gift card if you bought 2 large jars. Since I only got tarts I didn't get in on that. I do know that for Christmas Yankee is going to have a free Christmas tin with tarts purchase. Don't know the details but keep your eyes peeled for it.

Guest Anonymous

Hi everyone. I am melting a Swan Creek cinnamon candle that I found on sale for 5 dollars. They sell online for 15.00. It is really nice.

Guest Anonymous

What free little basket??????? I spent $50 and I didn't get a free little basket :lol:

Awwww geeze, I'm sorry you didn't get the basket! [smilie=th_cray] Did you buy tarts? You spent enuf money to get something free, that's for sure! Maybe it was just my store w/that promotion, but I do see it on Yankee's home page, too. [smilie=th_create]

Guest Doe

I also bought stuff at Yankee today and did not receive a free basket : ( oh well

Today I have on Yankee - candied apple in two warmers and a watermelon votive.

What free little basket??????? I spent $50 and I didn't get a free little basket :lol:

Awwww geeze, I'm sorry you didn't get the basket! [smilie=th_cray] Did you buy tarts? You spent enuf money to get something free, that's for sure! Maybe it was just my store w/that promotion, but I do see it on Yankee's home page, too. [smilie=th_create]

Did I buy tarts you ask???? ONLY 50 of um!!! The only thing they had that day was a leave tote bag for $5 if you spend $20 I think. Thats okay though, I'm glad somebody got something for free!

I can't smell the Starbucks at all. I'll leave it on. Maybe it's too soon to tell.

I added Huckleberry Layne Pumpkin Cheesecake. I smell this one right away. Instant gratification. [smilie=th_create]

Eileen, How is your Pink Satsuma? That's a favorite here.

I would have to chalk it up to being just OK. The strength and throw are great, it just is not one of my favorites. Isn't it strange how we all differ so much on our likes and dislikes? :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Today I burning "Carmel Apple" Tart from Carol's Candle Keeping Room..this is my first order from the keeping room and I think I'm in love with theses TARTS!! they are SO strong..Burning the tart in my bedroom, and you can smell it all over my house! WOW [smilie=th_create]

Just Curious..does everyone here mostly burn tarts?

I do melt mostly tarts. On the weekends, I feel I can devote more time to burning my candles.

Melting frenzy yesterday, but the winners were:

Cloud Nine - Blackberry Sage and Coconut Peach

Bloomwick - Sandalwood and Sweet Pea

Kreations by Kathie - Hansel & Gretel and Lavender Sage

Yes Sunshine, I burn tarts almost exclusively....when I have time to really sit, then I light the candles! :shock:

Sunshine, I do both....alot! If I am home, either a tart is melting or a candle is burning and often times, I have both going.

I received a package of goodies from my old CF buddy Scentsnob today. I miss her around here. Any way, I'm melting some stuff she gave me tonight. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!