The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Scent of the Day: February 2021

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well. 
I’m trying to go through some older wax and finish up partially used bags.  

Today  it’s VRC Caramel Coffee Cupcakes from a 2019 Coffee Sampler and EA Witching Hour. This is Dragon’s Blood, Coffee Grounds, and Toasted Chocolate Tobacco.  

Enjoy your day all!

Good morning everyone,

Michele, that was the year we bought all those VRC samplers - loved them all and I thought the coffee blends were so delicious.  

Just got back from my walk and soon a t-shirt will be enough.  Just a month ago we had thick ice.

My DH is starting to get distanced music jobs again so he is very happy.  I'm so glad for him.  This last year he has missed doing shows so much, and missed seeing his friends.  It's also good because soon I would have had to put him on a slow boat going somewhere. 😵

Today it's:

Destination Wax London Mist - described as floral, earthy, moss, mist.  Very springy and I'm enjoying it.  Medium high throw in multiple warmers.

Have a great day all.

Good morning all,

I hope everybody is well.  I've just fed the three dogs and one cat... They all eat different foods due to age, health, etc, but - just like people - the best food is always what the next guy is eating.   There is a certain amount of jostling.   Just so everyone eats something, I am happy.  🙄

This morning it's

Sparkles Downy April Freshest - just like the fabric softener and throwing well.  This is a new to me vendor and I purchased a small mystery box.  I am always a sucker for mystery boxes and samplers. 🤦

We have a wind advisory today so I will hold onto my hat when walking.

Take care all!

Hi All!

Amy- I’m sure feeding time is very busy in your house. Sparkles is a vendor I haven’t heard of.  Where did you hear of it?  Loving my laundry scents lately.  I love mystery boxes too because it lets you try scents you never would. 

Today it’s another oldie- ST Poseidon.  This is Blue Sugar, Cotton Candy, Sea Salt and Beachwood. The throw on this is weak but it’s over 3 years old.  Update: This started out weak but it got very strong!  Love this!

Have a great day!

Good Friday Morning!

oh Amy...your post as cracking me up! :sSig_rofl: I'd love to ask mine to hop on that slow boat to somewhere too...think there's room??  Yes, it's been pretty crazy here...plus it's the week before spring break so there's lots to do at work...parties...crafts. Life is tough. :sSig_heeheehee:

Michele...I feel for you. I remember those days with twins and having some time to myself was so important...when I should have been sleeping, I just wanted to sit and relax....let my mind be mine. It should be getting a tiny bit easier each day now! 🤞🏻
Susan...hope you're feeling better now. 
Ive needed some strong tarts lately so I've been using homemade ones from a dear pal...(miss you!)...they've been wonderful! Now it's VCS from 2018...Ice Cream Time Warp Man - pumpkin cupcake, marshmallow, buttercream frosting and ice cream.❤️
Have a good one.

Good morning all!!

Mag..🤣🤣🤣...a slow boat to anywhere is sometimes needed... Definitely room for multiple occupants! 😉 Your work sounds very busy with the parties and crafts - I hope you will get a chance to have some fun on break!

This week flew by, not that I'm sure I was all that productive, but it was a good week of walking / music / wax fun, and the full moon was gorgeous last night, so much to be glad for.

I have Clemmie on a new type of cat food with greater protein and it has done wonders for her energy level.  She is flying around the house like a wildcat and I must say, she is cracking me up.  She slides around the corners on the new floors and it is a bit like NASCAR in here.

Well today it's: 

Scentsy Strawberry Basil - from the new Life Is A Garden collection - and while this is a pleasant enough candied strawberry, I'm not sure I'm getting any basil.  Maybe it needs to cure.  The rest of this collection is spectacular (Chamomile Daisy, Apple Parsley, Pineapple Mint, Lavender Violet).

Have a good Saturday everyone!

Good Morning [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Looks like a bleak rainy day today. Wasn't expecting that. 

Amy...glad to hear Clemmie is doing well! [smilie=th_catkiss]NASCAR? [smilie=th_giggle] LOL! Those are some interesting blends from Scentsy...happy you are pleased with them.

Michele...that Poseidon sounds nice! I'm still enjoying Blue Sugar blends a lot! 💕

Well, I've turned on my warmers with whatever was in them before I left on Friday. I'm having terrible allergies this year so I smell nothing (which is not necessarily a bad thing right now Lolol)...maybe they need some new scents....so it's Apple Sage by Sassy Girl Aroma...let's hope I can smell them. 🤞🏻

Have a nice day.

Good morning all!

Well, the weather here is the same as up by you Mag (and I imagine Michele also), very grey and gloomy, but the birds are in lovely voice so this is all good.

Mag, I am sorry your allergies have acted up and are interfering with your sniffing!!

We have finished watching all of the ancient seasons of St. Elsewhere, a favorite of mine, and have moved to Britbox for MI5.  So far we are enjoying this, very edge-of-the-seat exciting.  I am hoping that Doc Martin and Shetland will release new seasons soon.  What is everybody watching?

Today it's my favorite tea and cakes blend:

Empire Alchemy Earl Grey Cookies (floral tea, creamy biscuits) - divine - as always a beautiful balance.  That was the last of a loaf, sadness.   Anna has a customs going on but I have no business ordering, not that has ever stopped me before.

Enjoy your weekend all!!

Hi Everybody!

I had almost finished typing a very lengthy post but it just disappeared.  I really don’t understand what happened. 

Yesterday was RG Mrs. Claus Nightgown and it’s so good!  

We went to my son’s for dinner yesterday.  It was my DIL’s birthday.

Today is ST Granny’s-This is Cappuccino, Pie Crust and Sugar Milk.  

Happy Monday!

Hello all!

Michele, I know how frustrating that is when you have typed a long post and then it disappears.  Ugh!!  A very happy belated birthday to your son, and I'm so glad you were all able to be together!  The Super Tarts cappuccino blend sounds delicious.

I found a longer walking route today and it took about an hour and a half... I'll only do that one a couple times a week, lol!  The other three paths I walk take more like an hour.  But perfect sunny weather for walking today and not too warm.

So today it's:

Scentsy Just Breathe - eucalyptus, lemon zest, and mint medley - beautiful!  It's similar to Bath & body works eucalyptus mint, but that lemon zest takes it to another level.  Love!

Have a great day everyone!

Good Afternoon All. Sitting outside at my Dads. It's a beautiful day here.

Michele...ugh...I hate when that happens! I think it has something to do with backspacing....I used to be able to shake my iPad to get it back but that doesn't seem to work anymore. 😑

Amy...good for you! You'll be the healthiest gal in town! 😁

Well my poor Dad has shingles. I am happy that he got them on my first day of Spring break...not what I was anticipating but the best care for him. He has so much of them...poor guy....but so far the itching and pain isn't too bad. I'll be staying with him as long as he keeps getting fevers. 😢

This morning I put on SGA Pumpkin Pecan Waffles Cranberry Cookies, SGA Cranberry Pumpkin Pecan Waffles ZB, and VRC Old Fashioned Cranberry Bars.

My house smelled Awesome before I left. lol.

Dropping in to say hello! :hello:

Hope you are all doing well. From the few posts I’ve seen, looks like that is the case! [smilie=yes] We’re doing well, still in Arizona, but again in positioning for going back to New Mexico. Last year, the project was cancelled, but this time it is full steam ahead. 

Maggie ~ Sorry to hear about your Dad, and sorry it’s at the beginning of your Spring Break. [smilie=th_empathy] Hope he recovers quickly!

Amy ~ Nice to hear you’re enjoying the fresh air! We’ve gotten a lot of use out of our bicycles this past year, in fact, mine is starting to look old. Lol

Michele ~ I always hate that when a long post disappears into cyber land. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

I’m curious what the scent notes are for Mrs. Claus’ Nightgown. [smilie=th_scratch]

Beezy Tarts ~ Pink Sugar Bread

CFTKR Lavender Mallow Zucchini Fluff

CFTKR Nectar & Mojito

Have a great day! 

Good morning all!

Mag, how is your dad feeling? Again I'm so sorry.  Your family has had one thing after another for quite some time, it seems... Praying for better days to come this year. 😘🙏

Valerie!  It's good to hear from you.  Wow, the move to NM is happening - I hope it all goes smoothly.  Very exciting!  It's good you'll be closer to your girls.  Your scents remind me that I am all of of CFTKR...hmmmm.... Welcome back!

Michele, i can't believe the babies are three months old.  It seems like they were just born.  

Sharon, I hope you are well and glad for some sunny days in Wales.

Susan, You are quiet, I hope you are doing well and that everybody is healthy.

Deb, long time no see you here!  Step up and be counted!  🤣🥰❤️

Well this morning it's

Empire Alchemy Cuddle Weather - icy rain, cardamom, rosewood, mint, bay rum, moss, vetiver - lovely and earthy from the cardamom, woody and calming.  Anna may have a restock going on right now.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi All!

I hope everyone is doing well. 

Valerie-It’s nice to see you posting again. The Mrs. Claus Nightgown is Macintosh Apples, Garland and Clean Laundry.  It’s a beautiful scent.  I’m glad you are going back to New Mexico. I’m sure you will love being closer to your girls. 

Amy-I’m glad you are enjoying your cardamom. I don’t think I have ever melted that note. I might have to try it. 

Maggie-I’m sorry for all you are going through.  Hope your Dad feels better.  

I am melting VRC Loopy Lemon Ice Cream.  It’s Fruit Loops, Fruity Pebbles, Lemon Curd and Vanilla Ice Cream. Yesterday was RG Chocolate Covered Cherries and Roasted Marshmallows which was a sample and RG Campfire Marshmallows from a generous CF friend. 

Enjoy the rest of your day!!

Hi Valerie!![smilie=The_Hi]So glad to see you posting!  I hope you are pleased moving back to New Mexico...sounds like good news! 

Thanks everyone about my Dad! He is on day 4 and holding steady...no better, no worse. The doctor said about 7 days so he's halfway there.🤞🏻

Amy...."Anna may have a restock going on right now" you say? :sHa_sarcasticlol:As though you were unsure...[smilie=th_giggle].....I do believe you know everything that happens with that vendor!! [smilie=th_aa17]

Michele....you're reminding me that I haven't melted any lemon scents in a very long time! 🍋

So it's time to change the warmers...

Empire Alchemy Rogue - silver birch, vintage tee, laundry, Apple, fir

Empire Alchemy Gambit - cedar wood, lovespell, dark musk (I'd love this in a perfume[smilie=cloud_9])

Have a good one.

Good Morning!

Its more from the oldies stash this morning...

Swanky Blueberry Lemon ZB

L3 Cupcake Factory Blueberries and Cream

Have a good one.

[smilie=th_hello]

Amy ~ You reminded me to take a peek at my Empire Alchemy stash. I have a good amount. [smilie=th_paper-bag] Need to start melting because looks like it is a wax that leaks. 😕
Michele ~ I wouldn’t have expected those scent notes in the Mrs. Claus tart. Sounds good though! 
Maggie ~ Good news about your Dad. [smilie=yes] 

As for the move, it’s complicated. We value our freedom, and New Mexico is one of the Soviet states. Neither of us have bought into the lies since last March, and we’ll not be participating in the experiment, so not sure yet if being closer to the girls will matter much. We are excited to get ourselves situated on our land and in a better position in case my DH is forced to retire early. That’s basically our strategy. 
(I apologize if that’s more than any of you wanted to know. Just being real.)

SGA It’s My Party ~ Hello Lover Birthday Cake

SB Heart-Shaped Cookies

CFTKR Cinnamon Donuts

Okay, I’m off to check the mail for my Teddy Bee’s. As if I need more! [smilie=th_laughing]

Have a great weekend!

Well good morning all!!

Mag!  I'm so glad your dad is doing better!  And yes...🤣🤣🤣...I suppose I do keep a close eye on Empire Alchemy🤣🤣🤣...I was going to hold off on this must recent restock, all about tropical summary citrusy goodness, but Anna's beautiful descriptions wore me down and I did place a smallish order.  🤷 I agree with you that Gambit would make a gorgeous perfume.

Michele, I have always enjoyed VRC lemon and lemon curd oils so that Loopy Lemon sounds very nice.  How are things at the beach house?

Valerie, I hope the move will go smoothly.  What kind of home are you planning?  And are you enjoying Teddie B's?  I've heard a lot of great reviews!

Well winter has come back for a brief encore, but I hope the stage manager gets the hook and throws him out on his ear.  All the flowers are blooming and now we've had two nights of freezing temperatures.  

This morning it's still stuff from two days ago which has been long-lasting:

Empire Alchemy Sleigh All Day - limoncello, honeydew, cotton candy cocktail, mint sprigs - a lovely citrusy, minty melony mixture and it had great longevity in my Scentsy element warmer.

Scentsy Squeeze the Day - creamy fresh lemon - so strong and refreshing, and I love the creaminess.  

Have a beautiful Easter everyone. ❤️

Good Morning!

The sun is shining but it's cold as can be...I love your description, Amy![smilie=th_thlaughter]That stage manager seems to be running late!  Thanks about Dad! I'm shocked that you ended up buying at EA! [smilie=th_jaja] They did sound like amazing scents! 
Valerie...thanks about Dad! You are finding that leaking problem with Empire Alchemy? Ugh. I haven't seen that but I'm relatively new to this vendor...4 years? (New...lol) So far so good here. I'm hoping she changed her wax since this doesn't seem to be soft at all. The last of my LSC is turning into a big mess...I have to bag all the cups. 
Still working from the oldies bin and there's only about a quarter of the bin left. Plus I've also been taking from the singles jar which is amazing for me...I always neglect them probably because most are freebies and those are old as the hills...nice to make progress.

I am enjoying yesterday's scents soooo much that I'm keeping them on for now...

SGA Woodstock 69' and SGA Woodstock Boogie (from a dear pal- [smilie=th_teks0311])

Upstairs it's My Dear Watson by Kae's

Have a good one. 

Hi All!

Valerie-It’s good to see you posting. I haven’t had any leaking issues with EA so far. LSC was a leaky mess for me. Great wax though. 

Amy-I am enjoying the beach house. Easter should be nice here. I’m just preparing the lasagna now.  We are also having a spiral ham.

Maggie-I hope your dad continues to improve.

Today was Swanky Iconic Hard Candy Let Them Eat Cake. Great scent but didn’t last long.   

Happy Easter to all!

image.thumb.png.09ad5cd485d9988c012c25a8cbfefc3f.png

Happy Easter everyone!

Michele, I love your picture above.  Lasagna sounds like a beautiful choice to me for the holiday meal.

I also have had no leaking with Empire Alchemy - in fact, everything is very dry.  Everything I have purchased from this vendor is one year old or less, not sure if that is a factor.  If they should ever choose to weep, I shall dry their tears and comfort them, because I must have this vendor in my life.

Mag, 🤣🤣🤣 yes it is shocking that I participated in the restock!  I hope your father continues to improve.  Good for you, working on those samples!  Same thing - I had amassed a huge amount of them, and last year when I was traveling, I would take a big bag with me each trip and power melt with two melters and multiple dishes - each sample getting one hour - then switch.  I finally got through them.  If there was something I particularly loved, I would keep the dish and melt it some more when I got home.  It was madness. 😱🤣🤣 What we do for our addiction....

I do remember one time when I had samples spread out all over the other hotel bed and the smoke alarm started chirping.  I had to call the desk to get the battery changed and two ladies came to the room.  They stared at all that wax -  and I stammered, oh that, it's just my hobby, I love scented wax, it's like candles.  They giggled politely and I thought well, now I'm the crazy lady on the fourth floor.

So!  Today it's:

Empire Alchemy Black Currant Fig - fig, cedar, currant, dark amber - gorgeous and unusual, with all notes that I love combining to make something entirely new.  The fig and the currant are very happy together, not sweet, and woody with the cedar.  Medium throw in 40W Edison bulb Scentsy  warmer.  Still not sure which wax does best in this warmer...I still think EA does better in lower wattage.

Scentsy Coco Lime - oh, be still my heart - such a beautiful scent.  Creamy coconut followed by the juiciest, most realistic lime, as though you had just cut one in half and have juice on your hand.  Strong and not overly sweet.  It has been going since yesterday.  This is a favorite.

Well I don't feel like cooking so we are ordering in Easter dinner from Bob Evans, all the fixings and serves six, so we will have leftovers.  Getting ready for the daily walk now.

I hope everyone has a peaceful, loving holiday and hugs their families today, or holds close in their hearts those who can't be present.  ❤️💐

🌷Happy Easter and Happy Passover to All! 🌷

Michele....that lasagne sounds delicious! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]Have a wonderful day at the beach!

Amy...very cool to think of ordering Bob Evans! [smilie=th_cc8]I love your story of the extras on your bed at the hotel! Priceless! And only us "wax lovers" can understand! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] 

It's Fried Pear Cake by TSGS....OMG....excellent. Pear, birthday cake, ice cream. :toppoints:
Wonderful blessings to you all...let's hope 2021 improves and life can get back to some normalcy! 🤞🏻🙏🏻

Good Morning!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. It looks like a beautiful day here at the beach. 

Maggie-I like your idea of pulling from the samples and oldies.  I have quite a few drawers full. 

Today it’s SGA Jelly Bean, Bubblegum, Grape, Cotton Candy and Starburst.  This is a very old one. I think it’s from the Cotton Candy Sampler from years ago.  Hoping it throws. 

Hope you all have a great day!

Good morning everybody,

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!  Bob Evans did a good job on the meal and we have plenty of leftovers.

Mag!  That Fried Pear Cake from TSGS sounds divine.  I have finally used up all of my wax from that vendor which I bought when I visited their store in Florida on business.  That was a dangerous visit indeed. 😮 Love the little Chiclets pieces they make and always great throw!

Michele, your Easter pictures on IG are beyond lovely and the babies just bring me to my knees... The smiles!!

Well today it's a strong and beautiful one-

Destination Wax Kale Salad - green kale, green apple, red currant, pineapple, coriander.  It is fresh, crisp, lightly sweet, and full of snap.  It started out strong and has just increased... Strength and throw now about an 11 in the house. 😮❤️ This is even in my wimpy warmers. This is one of her signature scents and I still have about a quarter of a loaf.

Have a beautiful day all!! 

Hi Everybody!!

Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter.  

Today is RG Grandma Got Run Over by a Chain Chomp. This is Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies, Cotton Candy and Waffle Cone. 

Enjoy your day!