The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Scent of the Day: February 2021

[smilie=The_Hi]Hi Michele! So glad to see you posting! I gave up for a bit since no body has been here. It's sad. [smilie=th_cray]I had been out of work for 2 weeks due to a positive testing in 1 of the kids but I'm back to work now. Glad to be back there. 
I've been getting through a good portion of my cool weather oldies...being home helped a great deal. Happily most of them threw wonderfully. 
This morning it's single medallions of Vintage Road Candles...Tobacco Barn, Apple Strudel ala Mode and Carrot Cake. All smell great on cold but the colors are turning. Weird. The center of the tarts are white and the beige is around the edge. No matter to me but I've never seen that before. They seem to be throwing!! 👍🏻
Hope your babies are doing  great and sleeping for you guys Michele! 
Have a good one! 

Happy Saturday everyone. This is what I have been meting this week.  Beach Nights by OPT

Lemon Berry Twist by OPT

Roseberry Sorbet by YC

Strawberry Pound Cake Salty Sea Air by L3

Breakfast with Mickey ?

Floridian Lobby by ?

Liberty Square by ?

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Good Afternoon!

Susan...those Disney Inspired scents sound so cute!

Although my VRC tarts are still going strong I'm ready for something new. 
Brown Sugar Pears by Rockets

Have a good one.

Hello dear all,

I'm sorry I've been MIA and I have no excuse other than I see you ladies on other forums and then I don't come here and then I feel guilty and then I don't open this up and then I hide my head...🤦

Mag, I'm so glad your DH has done well with the knee recovery and is up and about.  Having our DHs up and about is always a good goal. 🥳🎉 I know you are busy with school and it has to be challenging with Zoom classes!  I admire your low-buy and can say that I have not been as disciplined. 😬

Michele, your grandbabies are growing so fast and they are beyond adorable.  I know they keep you busy but you all seem so happy together and they are very lucky babies to have so many loving arms about to hold and comfort them.  It is lovely to watch all of you together.

Susan, I hope you are doing well and that your clients are healthy.  Maybe we will see an end to this pandemic in a few months if we are diligent.

Sharon, I hope you are well and as I write this it is UK Mother's Day so I hope you will enjoy visiting with family in whatever form possible!

I continue to be very happy with my decision to retire and the days are flying by, giving truth to the statement "I don't know how I ever had time to work." 🤣 I am grateful to no longer have my stomach in a knot worrying about the details of my former job, even though I loved it.  I've been getting the house in order following the remodel - next comes drawers and cupboards 😱 and am enjoying downsizing the possessions (except wax, which continues to go in a dangerous direction). 

Best of all, I have heard from the hospital, and we can start up the singing and bingo groups again as soon as I am fully vaccinated.  I'm so very grateful for this and my first shot is this coming Friday.  It has been difficult to get in but lately more appointments have come available.

As for melting, I am currently working on the new Empire Alchemy sampler (boba tea) and the Spring Scentsy collection.  I have been getting through some of the older stash but it is slow going... As soon as I make a hole, I find a way to fill it. 🙄

Big hugs to everyone and Happy Spring!! 🌷💐🌸🌼🎍💐

Good Morning Everyone!

It has been a busy couple of days celebrating my birthday. I enjoyed every bit of it. 

Yesterday I melted CFTKR Vanilla Lace Cupcakes at Tiffany’s. It was a beautiful scent and it lasted the entire day.  Today it’s VCS Kenosha Kickers. This is Honey Pear Cider. Nice scent and throwing well. Working on some of my older VCS from 2018.  I have so much from this vendor from 2018 when I went a bit crazy.  Still have a lot but I didn’t order in 2019 from here. 

My wax collection has been growing rapidly lately.  Time for real to stop.  It’s taking over my closet now and down here on the first floor. I just enjoy it so much.  

I hope that you enjoyed your Mother’s Day Sharon.  

Susan-Hope you are doing well. 

Amy-I’m glad you are enjoying your retirement. I want to go through my kitchen cabinets and throw things away.  I just can’t seem to find the time lately. Glad your first vaccine is Friday. I go for the second on 3/25.  Maybe life can get back to normal soon.

Maggie- I’m still amazed at how well your DH did with his surgery.  Hopefully if I do the other knee it will be a quicker recovery because I will be able to drive sooner. I had my right knee done last time.

Have a great day!!  

Good morning all,

Michele, glad you're enjoying the older VCS.  I love Honey Pear Cider.  Like you, I have strayed on the wild side and have too much.  I was able to share out some doubles/overage with some newer wax fans from Instagram and this helps reduce the load.  I'm trying to order smaller portions but I still fail regularly. 🤷

I'm still walking every day and a neighbor friend has joined me.  I have mixed feelings about this.  It's nice to have company but I also like the solitude.  She loves it, so now the challenge is how to say, "Um, we don't have to walk together every day..." 😬

Last night I melted Scentsy I'm Snow Over It, which is berries, sage, and cedar 🤢 and that's the one I just don't think goes together so I'm glad to be Over it.  

In general, though, I'm really enjoying Scentsy.  They have some beautiful scents and the wax is soft, which I love.

In other news, I just received the Empire Alchemy Boba Tea Sampler and it's beyond wonderful - Anna can really blend!!  

That's it for now.  Take care all. ❤️❤️❤️

Hello Everybody!

Amy-It is so nice to see you posting again.  I missed your daily posts.  I looked forward to them everyday. It’s nice to have a walking buddy sometimes but I would miss the solitude as well. Aldo you have to be on a schedule a bit and that I wouldn’t like.  
I agree Anna from EA has some beautiful blends.  She announced  yesterday she was 5 months pregnant. I don’t know if you saw that. 

I went with my daughter to the the pediatrician with the twins today.   They have grown so much. My grandson is the larger at 8 lbs. 14 oz.  My granddaughter is 8 lbs. 2 oz.  I am glad they are doing so well.

Today  it’s SGA Woodstock Boogie   It was about 2 years old and has an ok throw.  It used to be stronger.  It’s a favorite blend of patchouli, nag champa and baked sugar cookies.  

Hope you all are enjoying your day!

Hello all!

Michele, thanks, I do feel a bit scheduled with the walking.  However, my friend said she is enjoying it so much and getting away from her caretaking duties - so I'm glad for that.  And we agreed that Friday, Saturday and Sunday we will be on our own to do as we like.  So it's working out.

Your grandbabies have more than doubled their weight - such a wonder.  I'm so happy for all of you.  They were so tiny in the beginning.  Absolutely adorable and such a loving family.

I remember Woodstock Boogie!  That was a beautiful scent, so earthy.

Thanks for telling me about Anna from EA's pregnancy!  How exciting!  I hadn't seen that -  taking a little social media break from IG.

Mag / Susan / Sharon, I hope you are doing well and enjoying springtime.  It's funny how this Daylight Savings Time can throw you for a loop with just one hour off.

Well today it's:

Scentsy White Woods & Lavender - so lovely and calming.

Yesterday I received a small order from a NTM vendor, Love FAT (For All Things) Wax, and everything smells great on cold.  Her chunky frogs and hearts are adorable and I'm looking forward to trying these out.

That's it for now.  Stay well everybody! 

Good Morning!

Amy-Thats the perfect walking arrangement! Thanks about the babies. They are doing great!

Melting some older VCS today.   It’’s Viva Las Vegas. This is Sugared Peanut Butter Cookies and Banana Crepes. Not the strongest but still has scent.

Enjoy the day!  

The VCS lasted most of the day.  Changed it out to L3 Jareth/Children of the Corn.  This was a gift from a lovely CF friend.  This is Pretzels, Blueberry Cornbread, Brown Sugar Poundcake and Sweet Berries.   It smells strong already.

Hello All!

Michele....wow...the little ones are doing GREAT! So glad they are thriving! :sHa_thumbgoodjob: Thanks for the update on EA! I wouldn't have known and I would guess she will close up for at least a while once they are born! P.S. I absolutely love Woodstock Boogie....I have some from a pal and I've been looking at it but don't want to use it up! 
Amy...so happy to see you posting! You must be super busy in your retirement. Lolol Not a bad thing when you're doing things you enjoy!  It's nice you have someone to walk with but I know what you mean...sometimes it's nice to just walk with nature. Your compromise sounds like it might work just fine. I know what you mean about over buying...once this pandemic started I was buying wax left and right but I haven't bought any for a while and Ive gotten halfway through my oldies bin...feels good to make a tiny dent.

Tonight it's from one of my purchases from December....recommended by Debra....[smilie=th_teks0311]

Wicked Esscents in Intuition -clove leaf, plum, cardamom and amber. This smells beautiful. :thwetkissf:

Have a good evening!

Good morning!

Mag, good to see you!  Oh, well done, to make a big dent in your oldies bin!  I need to follow your good example.  I can't say I'm super busy in retirement, no, but somehow the days are flying by - not that I know what day it is anymore - "every day is Saturday." I do have this sense of "What is my next task?" which is a hangover from working.  On the whole, though, this new chapter is wonderful, especially with the hospital opening up.

Michele, I love L3 Pretzels in any blend so the Jarreth one sounds amazing to me!

When I retired, at my request people donated money to our hospital group in lieu of a gift.  So I've been able to purchase a lovely new acoustic guitar which has an electronic pickup and can be plugged into a small amp.  The little amp will lift the guitar above the hum of the ice machine, without being too loud.  We have money left over so I will also purchase a keyboard that will stay at the hospital.  I can't say how happy I am with all of this, and how grateful to my colleagues.

So tomorrow is my first Covid shot and I'm very glad to be finally getting this done.   

So today it's:

EA Oolong Tea from the Boba Sampler - earthy and comforting!

Scentsy Sugared Strawberry - it is supposed to have lemon in it but so far I'm just getting the sweet strawberry.  Hoping the lemon will make an appearance.

Take care all! ❤️

Hi Everybody!!

Maggie-What a good feeling that must be to make a dent in your oldies bin!!  I need to follow in your example as well. I’m getting there. My wax is making me anxious so it’s time to put the brakes on. I’m trying to go through some of my older wax too. 

Tonight it’s SB Lemon Cream Puffs.  I have melted most of my SB wax. I have only a small bit left.  It’s on the older side so I’m hoping it throws well. 

Amy -I’m glad you were able to purchase a new guitar and keyboard you can use at the hospital. That was a great idea for a retirement gift.  I’m sure you will use them well. 

It was a busy day so I’m tired. Heading to bed now.  

Good Night all!!

Hi Everybody!!

Maggie-What a good feeling that must be to make a dent in your oldies bin!!  I need to follow in your example as well. I’m getting there. My wax is making me anxious so it’s time to put the brakes on. I’m trying to go through some of my older wax too. 

Tonight it’s SB Lemon Cream Puffs.  I have melted most of my SB wax. I have only a small bit left.  It’s on the older side so I’m hoping it throws well. 

Amy -I’m glad you were able to purchase a new guitar and keyboard you can use at the hospital. That was a great idea for a retirement gift.  I’m sure you will use them well. 

It was a busy day so I’m tired. Heading to bed now.  

Good Night all!!

Good morning all!

Well, this morning I had the first Covid shot so I'm very happy to have this process underway!  I got there early and was in and out in no time, which was lucky because by the time I came out, there was a long line.  Three weeks until the second shot and then it looks like my first day back at the hospital will be April 25th.  So yay! Yay!! Yay!!! 

Michele, I remember that SB Lemon Cream Puffs and I hope it threw for you.  I seem to remember liking that one...hmmmm... Memory....

Well this morning it's 

Scentsy Swept Away - ocean air, limestone, driftwood, and pink lemon.  This one is very different and I like it a lot. To me it smells like you're sitting on a hot sandy beach with a lemon grove nearby. 😎

And 

EA Boba Flan - very different and lovely.   These haven't cured and while they were very light in the Yankee Scenterpiece (15W), they are doing beautifully in the Scentsy warmer which allows an Edison bulb (40W).

Have a great day everyone!  Colder but beautiful sun today. 🌞

Afternoon all, hope you're all well. All is good here, finally feeling like spring. Yippee! 

Amy, glad you've had the Covid jab. Same for all you ladies that have had it. 

Melting Pink Marshmallow by Darley Lama all downstairs today. 

Good Morning!

Sharon- it’s the first day of spring here. Beautiful  and sunny!  Looking forward to the change of weather. I love Spring too!

Amy-I’m glad you got the first shot. We get the second dose on Thursday. My oldest daughter and son in law are getting it today.  

This morning I’m melting RG Koopa Klaus needs a Latte. This is Espresso, Gilligan’s Brew, Zucchini Bread and Royal Sugar Cookies. I’ve heard great things about this one.

Happy Saturday!

Good morning everybody!

I hope you all are well on this Sunday. It's been beautiful and sunny here, cold in the mornings but then so warm in the afternoon that you can step outside with no jacket.  Lovely!

Well the first Covid shot went fine, with just minor discomfort - headache, mildly upset stomach, sore arm, all the first day.  But the fatigue was pretty strong, lol, for the first and second day - I just wanted to lie down.  Today I feel much more myself! In any case I am glad to have this process begun.  Five weeks from today I will return to the hospital with guitar in hand. 🎉

Michele, I'm happy that you and DH will complete your series this week.   That Koopa Claus is a good coffee blend, isn't it?  

Sharon, your Darley Llama Pink Marshmallow sounds lovely.  I always love marshmallow in wax.

Well yesterday my enormous Zombie head from Britta's Creepy Treasures arrived, and it has surpassed expectations, lol.  It is in a minty blend - since it's so big, I chose a blend I knew I would love in quantity.  I don't want to cut it up, but I will nibble away at it. 🧟🤣

This morning it's:

Love FAT (For All Things) Wax Eggnog Frosted Sugar Cookies Latte - this smells delicious and is throwing right away.  I'm enjoying this vendor and as mentioned the background scent of her wax is luscious.

Going to resume walking this morning after a couple of slothful days.  Take care everybody and continue staying safe.  One day we will be able to meet.  ❤️🥰

Good Morning!

Amy-I am glad you are feeling better. One down and one to go. That’s some big piece of wax and the scent sounds wonderful!

Melting here an older VCS I’m trying to use up- Cozy Jackie O from 2018. This is Warm Spices and Birthday Cake Noel. 

Happy Sunday!

Hello all and happy Sunday.

Amy...I'm glad you are feeling better. Those vaccinations are so funny because they affect each person so differently...strange. I'm completely vaccinated and feel so good. It's nice to be out of the rat race. 
Michele...yay...less than three weeks and you're out too!

Ive been melting a lot but haven't been keeping track...I know I have Baklava from Nenes in now but it's been going since yesterday so it's going to be...

Draper Lane by Golden Willow Wax...this is a BIG bag but I'm throwing it all on since it's pretty old and I wanna clear old the oldies. This is potent so we will see if I can stand it...lol

Have a good day.

Good morn everyone.  This is what I have been melting: Monkey Smooche by OPT

Frosted Cake by Candle Warmer

Peach Belline by Country Candle

Roasted Espresso by Candle Warmer

Lemonade Pops by Ambiescents

Blue Harbor Cove by BHG

Dream Catcher by That smell good shop

Lavender by Mystical.

Amy sorry you had a reaction to the shot, hope you are feeling better. I hope everyone has a good week.

Hello everyone!!

Susan, it's good to see you.   Thank you for your kind words.  Did you get your shots / have any reactions?  You have been melting away!  How did your Country Candle do for you?  I just bought a couple on sale but didn't try yet.

Mag, I'm so glad you are fully vaccinated and feel great. 🎉🥳🥰 Can you imagine how great it will be, when (if) most people get the shots and we can actually relax?!  I remember GWW Draper Lane - loved that one.  Come to think of it, I haven't ordered from them for a long time...hmmmm...

Michele, I'm glad you continue to make your way through the older VCS.  I love the background scent of her wax.  I saw your grandbabies' picture with their St Patrick's bibs, so adorable!!  Fingers crossed that your second shot will go well this week. 🤞

Well I feel 100% today so that shot wasn't so bad after all.   Had an excuse to lie around, lol.  Today I have been practicing with the new amp and I sound like 💩 but am working on it. 😬

Well today it's:

Homeworx Matcha Green Tea

Scentsy Thunderstorm (floral, dewy greens)

... And both are lovely.  I am in a floral mood.

Take care all!

Hello All!

it’s very late for me and I can’t sleep.  I have been so busy everyday that I tend to just get some time to myself at night. I will regret it and be a zombie tomorrow but it feels good. 

I melted some older VCS again today. It feels good to finally use these up-Sweet Lavender Smoothie with Creamy Pumpkin Overpour and It’s a Wonderful Pumpkin Life.  These were both strong and lasted all day. I can melt Pumpkin anytime of the year.

Overnight it’s The Pharmacist’s Daughter - Flirt. This is Cashmere Glow, Hipster and Salt Water Princess. This smells great. 

Amy-Glad you are feeling better. I am a bit anxious about the second shot this week but will be happy to be fully vaccinated. 

Susan-Nice to see you posting. You are melting some beautiful scents. 

I rearranged some of my wax yesterday.   It made me nervous.  I have ordered so much wax during this pandemic. I’m actually thinking of destashing some but not sure how those websites work. I need to do some research on it. I probably have quite a few dupes to sell. I don’t even know what I have.  That’s bad. 

Hope everyone is having a good night’s sleep.   🛌 💤

Good morning ladies,

Michele, you have been burning the midnight oil.  I completely understand, though - sometimes you just want some quiet time all to yourself.  I also love pumpkin at any time. 🎃

Susan, I guess that arm was pretty sore, wasn't it? Almost everyone seems to be experiencing that.  I love the sound of your peach scent. 

Mag, I hope you are well as I know you are extremely busy with many things right now.  😱  Do you even have time to melt??

The music is going a bit better with the new amp.  I like it but I as I don't have to pluck the strings as hard to be heard, it is taking some time to get used to playing a bit differently. 

Well that candle I was working on yesterday just didn't turn out the way I had hoped - I love green tea, but the sandalwood together with it was not for me. 🤢 So I will ponder what is next as I am trying to go through some older candles..

Today it's:

Scentsy Marshmallow Mint Cocoa - so heavenly - the chocolate is like a dry cake and so perfect with this airy cloud of marshmallow.  I could just bathe in it, lol.

Have a great day everyone! 😘

Hi All!

Amy-I do enjoy my quiet time. It’s relaxing. I wish it was earlier though. Alarm went off this morning at 5:15 am.  

Another VCS oldie today- Finishing up a bag of Cookie Monster’s Post from 2018. Nice scent  but not too strong. 

Enjoy the evening!!