The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Scent of the Day: February 2021

Good Morning!

Maggie-I am so happy my VCS is doing well and I have loads of wax from her.  Lots of Fall scents because they are great. Haven’t touched a lot though because there’s so much to melt.
Today it’s another VCS oldie-Home Alone.  This is Buttercream Cupcakes topped with crushed peppermint. 

Your melts sound great Maggie!

TGIF!  

Good Saturday Morning!

So good to see you posting Sharon! :hello:

Yes, Michele....I know the feeling! LOL So much wax! :sSig_agreed: But the idea that you and Amy had about using a mason jar for the low throwers is a good one! It could really make a dent.

It's Pumpkin Cupcake by Haley's Heavenly Scents...soooo old and throwing like a champ! This loaf has got to be THE oldest wax in the stash....at least 5 years and possibly 10. I can't find the receipt in my records so it's aged. I'm guessing 8.
Pumpkin and Apple Strudel by SGA...4 years old and still haven't used it all. I think my constant loaf ordering caused a back jam in the wax usage....[smilie=th_sign0162]

Have a good one.

Happy Tuesday

I've been using the same scents since Sunday Night and it still smells great. I'll change it up after work.

Swanky Pumpkin Noel from 2015. Oh gosh, I think my stuff is older than I thought. [smilie=th_anyminute] This is my favorite pumpkin scent...strong and sharp...with that little bit of mellow. 💕

OPT You're the Apple of My Pie, Pumpkin...wonderful as well.

Have a good one.

Hello all....

It's two gifties from an old pal...found it in my singles jar and they are so strong!

CFTKR Pumpkin Sugared Doughnut and CFTKR Pumpkin Soufflé [smilie=th_teks0311]

And over the weekend I melted a few tarts from our talented tart maker...they were amazing and threw like crazy! [smilie=thank_you] Missin' ya pal! [smilie=th_wave]
Goodnight all.

Happy Thursday

Its Woolen Blanket (rosewood, cedar, clove, vetiver, dark amber) by Little Blue Coop upstairs

and Empire Alchemy downstairs...Bradbury (barbershop 1920, crushed sage, smoke and lavender) and Better off Undead (woods, black pepper, musk, dryer fresh towels, green iris verbena, ambergris)

Good Afternoon

Its pulling from the oldies today...I'll have a while home to melt more.

Apple Crisp Marshmallow Fireside for a sweet pal. Her own homemade melt and it smells wonderful. 💕

Pumpkin Scones by The Kissing Booth...oh dear...this one is almost 8 years old. But it's throwing well so all is good. 
I do think I have to make a special point of melting my old stuff this week. Definitely get it done within the next few months before I switch up my wax to summer....usually around May.

Have a good one.

[smilie=The_Hi] Hi Susan! So good to see you! Hope you are well!

Good Morning...day two. Same scents as yesterday but I am changing them up. If the DH goes out today I will take a peek at my stash and weed out the oldies. For now it's...

Super Tarts in Starfleet and VCS in an unnamed clam...the label must have fallen off because both of these are in clamshells that are disintegrating. The bottoms are soft and mushy. Let's see how they throw. It will be nice to get through some of these oldies and start fresh while I've stopped ordering.

Have a great Saturday.

Good Evening.

Those earlier scents threw ok but it's time for something different.

Swanky Blueberry Sugar Cookie Dough Waffle Cone...this smells so good cold...I hope it throws. It's "only" two years old. Lol

I managed to get through my winter/fall stash and pull most of  the much older wax. Hopefully I can make a dent now that they are separated.

Hi All! 
Sorry I didn’t post this week.  It’s been busy.  
Maggie-Hope your husband is doing well.  Is he ready to go out already?  

It’s great that you are getting through some of your oldest wax. I have some really old stuff in my basement.  I can probably throw some out because some of it is a melted mess. I think I’m going to try to go through it this week. I have some wax that old also Maggie.   
Susan-Hope you are doing well. 

Today it was RG Singing in the the Rain. I love this one! It’s probably one of my favorites. 

Like Maggie I’m trying to get through some older wax. I did melt some vintage VCS this week.  
I had company today so missed out on L3. It’s probably for the best. I’m still missing my last order from there. It’s hasn’t moved for a week.  I’m hoping it’s not lost. 

Have a great night!!

Good Morning! 
Michele...I'm sure you are very busy but so good to see you posting! I hope your grand babies are doing well! I admit I did throw out about 7 or 8 tarts...they weren't my kind of scent and I knew I'd not enjoy them so out they went. Don't need to hang on to stuff that's not for me. I have a 12 x 12 fabric basket  in my coffee table that's full of the oldies. I'll be picking from there for a while. [smilie=th_aa17] Of course I haven't gone through the oldies for the spring/summer tarts yet but I'll worry about that when I do my yearly swicharoo. 
This morning it's SGA from a Fall sampler from a 2018...Halloween Night, Sweet Potato/Gooey Marshmallow/Toasted Marshmallow and Cider Lane/Whipped Cream/Graham Cracker/Marshmallow Fireside. 
I do hope your package shows up...the mail is a bit wonky lately!

Edit: added a freebie from a new to me company...Kae's  in Sundrenched Apricot Rose...Have a good one. 

Good Afternoon

It's Zeep Cookie Cakery - homemade cookies, sugar spice, buttercream and bday cake in two beautiful large Bundt cakes that smell wonderful.
Upstairs it's a freebie from Wicked Wax Studio in Carry On Wayward Son - black ice, tobacco and leather. I'm actually enjoying this very much.

Have a nice day.

Morning!

Michele...I just saw your question...sorry bout that. Yes, he's been up and out since day 5 after surgery. He left to get gas and get a haircut. Off he went with his cane. Today he sees his surgeon so he'll be back to work tomorrow. I'm totally amazed by his recovery.

This morning its Taras Candle Cottage in one of my favorite scents...Citrus Glazed Pumpkin Carrot Cake...I love this one.:toppoints: This is from 2016 and it looks like it's still got lots of "umph". We will see.

Have a great Tuesday.

Good Morning!

Your husband’s recovery is amazing Maggie. I wasn’t allowed to drive for 2-3 weeks. I had a good recovery too but certainly not that quickly. Good for him!!

I’m glad you are getting a good throw from Zeep. Not much luck for me here. Carry on Wayward Son sounds like a good one.  Kae’s is on my list to try eventually. Love anything pumpkin.  Glad Tara’s lasted for you.

Do you put your Fall and Winter wax away ?  I’m guessing you separate by season. Do you date your wax when it arrives?

Earlier this week I continued melting through my older VCS. It lost it’s actual sticker with its name but it was a blend of Salted Caramel, Eggnog and Marshmallow Pound cake   It still had a good throw. Yesterday was ST Magically Delicious, Blackberry and Tea and Cakes   This was super strong   Really enjoyed this.  

Today it’s SGA Vanilla Frosted Pumpkin which is going on a hot plate.  I’m trying to use up my older chunk bags.  Downstairs is RG S’mores Cookie Cups from a wonderful CF friend. This is really good.  I’m on an RG kick lately. RG is quickly becoming one of my favorite vendors along with L3, VCS and EA. 

Miss seeing everyone posting here.  I hope you all have a great day!

Hello!

Hi Michele...yes, it's quiet here now. ☹️ Your scents sound wonderful! 
My DH surgery was on his left leg so they said as long as he's not taking any pain meds he could drive as soon as he felt able. I thought he was going to lay around complaining for weeks but I'm happy I was wrong. [smilie=th_giggle]  I separate my wax into hot and cold seasons. Right now I have too much to fit all of it into my wax cupboard, so this helps. My goal is to be able to fit it all in the cupboard without moving anything out. If I keep up on my "no buy" I may have a chance one day. (But first get rid of the oldies.)  I don't date my wax but I look up when I bought it in my mail and I'm always surprised at how old things actually are. Yes, I finally changed up my warmers and my Taras did fantastic. It was still throwing but I wanted to move along. That scent is one of my favorites ever. 
Now it's 

TSGS (Wilmas) in Gooey Apple Zucchini from 2015!! 🙄

And from 1/2019....

Savannah Blue in Bourbon Barrel, Pumpkin Marshmallow Fireside & Mac Apple

Savannah Blue in Cider Lane, Mac Apple, Leaves & Toasted Marshamllow

Have a great day. 

Good Morning. Day 7.

Today its  a tart I've been saving for 4+ years...I actually thought it was longer. Sniff My Tarts Cinnamon Glazed Doughnut...[smilie=cloud_9]...omg...this smells so realistic. It's a giant donut shape and you can smell the sweet cinnamon glaze and fried bread. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] Amazing. I hope I'll be able to find more like this since a lot of vendors have a strange yeasty smell in their donut scents.  [smilie=th_puke]I'm also melting OPT All The Bakery. 
Burning candles this morning...

Hot Apple Pie by Crossroads

Vanilla Pumpkin Waffle by Goose Creek

Sugared Cinnamon Donut by Goose Creek

Have a good one.

TGIF

Its oldies from Front Porch today...

Bread Gone Crazy and Raspberry Sugar Cookie Dough Bread. I can't even imagine how old these are...

Upstairs it's  Buried Treasure by Ten Digit Creations

Well...tally ho to all. I guess no one comes here anymore. ☹️ I've been posting to myself for a couple weeks while on quarantine but it looks like no ones home.  

Take care to all and have a good one! 🤗

Hi everyone. This is what I have been melting this week.  Bourbon Salted Caramel by Satin Suzie.

Candle: Honeysoaked Apples by Swan Creek

Beach Nights, Downy April Fresh by L 3

Mallo, Fireside, Palo Sanot, Butter Cream Frosting by L 3

What dreams may come true by L 3

{omegranate Sorbet by DD, Hobby Lobby is where I got this from.

I am doing fine, I was able to get my cov 19 vac in February since I work with older people. I just had a very sore arm.   Our Library is this area is still closed, they are doing curb side pick up.   I will post when I can.  Love you all and hope you are keeping safe out there.

Hello Susan and Maggie!

Susan - I’m glad to hear you got the vaccine. I got the first dose.  Second dose in 2 weeks. your scents sound so good. 
Maggie-Glad to hear your husband is doing so well. I miss everyone posting too. I like your idea of separating the wax into hot and cold seasons. My goal is to fit everything all into one place. I just need to stick to a no buy which I’m having trouble doing right now. You sound like you are doing well.  
I am at the beach house tonight to check on things. Melted an oldie -CFTKR Blueberry Zucchini Bread. Still could smell it.
I am hoping you are all having a good night. 

Come back everyone!!  

Good Morning!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. 
This morning it’s RG Moon Mario. I have heard a lot about this one. I got it in a Big Kahuna box. So far it smells great. 

Enjoy the day all!

Good Morning!

Today I’m melting L3 Strawberry Satsuma Cotton Candy from a CF friend.  This is 2 years old and it’s doing great!

It’s beginning to look a lot like Spring!  It’s beautiful out.  

I hope you all have a great day!

Good Morning!

Hello!

Now I feel like I’m talking to myself here.  

This morning I’m melting SGA Snack Bar.  This is White Chocolate Tres Leche Sugar Cookies. As with other SGA lately I don’t feel this vendor has wax that lasts a very long time. Throw on this is light.  It’s about 2 years old.  

I will give it 4 hours and then change it out. 

Have a good day all!!

Good Morning!  

My SGA lasted all day.  The scent actually got stronger as the day went on.  I was so happy for that since I have a lot of wax from that vendor. 
Today it’s VRC Cream Soda, Vanilla Lace and 7Up Pound Cake.

Enjoy all!