The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Santa’s Scrumptious Scents - December 2020

Adorable Thread title Michele!! [smilie=th_yahoo]

Its SGA Candy Cane Vanilla Delicious Sugar Cookies from a sweet pal and...

Wax Workshoppe Fresh Cut Wood and Fire Roasted Marshmallow

Smelling wonderful here.

Goodnight all.

Good Morning!

Maggie- Your scents sound so good. 

Today is Teddy Bee’s Vanilla Balsam Circus Cookies.  So strong and so good.  This is a new vendor for me.  

Enjoy the day all!

Hello everyone!

Michele, I love this title!

Busy week at work.  It looks like I will travel through Dec 18 and then possibly WFH the last two weeks of the month. 

Mag, how did the Wax Workshoppe hold up over time?

Michele, glad you're enjoying Teddie Bees!  I don't dare look over there.

Well I'm not melting much this week due to work, but I'm enjoying the Empire Alchemy Advent Calendar very much.  Today was:

Simmering Potpourri - orange, clove, cinnamon, tangerine - smells like a pomander ball and it was blowing me out of the hotel room this morning.  Gorgeous spiced holiday scent.

Take care all!

Good Morning!

Thanks Maggie and Amy about the title!

Amy-It’s almost the end of travel! I’m so happy for you.  

Maggie and Amy-How is Wax Workshoppe?

Today it’s EA Broomsticks.  This is White Birch, Maple Leaves and White Winter Linen. 
Update: I had to turn this off unfortunately  it was making my daughter nauseous. Her husband even commented that it was a beautiful scent.  I was enjoying this.  Maybe I can try again later.  It’s definitely a florally perfume scent.   
I have a feeling I’m going to be very limited in my melting for awhile.   

Have a good day!

Good Evening!

Awww...Sharon..I was wondering where you’ve been!!! Glad to see you posting..lol. Are you melting? [smilie=goodposting]

Michele...I’m sorry about your daughters nausea. That’s so uncomfortable when your expecting. And I’m sorry that you are having trouble melting in your home now...that does sound like a beautiful scent.

Amy...sounds like you’ve been busy, busy, busy!! It should be nice getting some time at home before you’re big day!!! The Wax Workshoppe threw nicely considering is pretty old.

It’s from 1803 today...Mistletoe Kisses!🥰

I am going back to work in January. Full time in another preschool. Looking forward to it.

Happy Friday. Just got back from a 5 mile walk through the rain. Warming up.

Still melting Mistletoe Kisses by 1803...just freshened it up with new wax.

Upstairs it's a gift from a pal...Jack Frost by Nellies Acres. 💕💕💕 Strong peppermint scent...thank you friend! 

Have a good day. 😀

Hi Everyone!!  

Hope everyone is doing well.

Maggie- Happy to hear you found another position.  Glad you are looking forward to it. 
I was out most of the day today.  Now I am relaxing with a candle from PartyLite.  It’s Pointsetta and Musk. Beautiful scent and excellent throw.  

Sharon-It was nice to hear from you. 

Enjoy the evening. 

Thanks Michele.

Tonight it's a gift from a sweet Pal...Merry & Bright from The Burning Mitten...so happy to try this new-to-me vendor! It's smells amazing ! [smilie=th_teks0311]

Goodnight all.

Hello everyone,

Well, that was a week.  Busy in WV and then we had a job in Ohio yesterday... Lots of driving.  So I am glad it's the weekend!  Two more travel weeks...

Mag, I'm so happy for you, that you will go back to teaching - I know you've missed it.  Congratulations and I hope it's with a great group of colleagues.  The little ones are so lucky to have you coming as their teacher. ❤️🥳

Michele, I'm sorry that the melting was making your daughter nauseous but yes, I remember some green moments during pregnancy 🤢 so it's understandable!  As for Wax Workshoppe, I thought they had lovely, strong wax but unfortunately they are OOB. 😭 

Sharon, LOL, it's good to see you! 🥰

I'm working my way through the Empire Alchemy Advent Calendar and the scents are so beautiful and strong.   Today it's:

EA Velveteen Plum - plum and pomegranate wine, fig, marshmallow fireside - and it's a juicy sweet plum with that biting fig balancing it out, and then the soft, sweet marshmallow fireside in the background.  Very strong.  Love!  Yesterday's chai blend lasted 24 hours in a hot warmer. 🎉

I have to clean up this house today!  A little worse for wear.  Take care all and stay safe!

Good morning all, 

Maggie, so happy you've found another position. 

Michele, hope your daughter has got over the nausea. I remember that feeling. 

Amy, sounds like a hectic week you've had. 

Its quite cold here these past few days, the temperature has really dropped, snow on the moun nearby. Looks beautiful but hope it stays there. I'm not ready for snow. 

Not been melting much this past week, need to clean a couple of meters and start afresh. 

I did burn a candle over a couple of days though, Nutmeg from a department store. It was quite lovely. 

Keep well everyone

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is doing well. 

Sharon-I’m not ready for snow yet either.  

Susan-That Lumberjack scent sounds good.  

Melting from VCS Central Park Snow Globe.  This is Peppermint Creme Noel.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Good Sunday to you...I hope everyone is well.

Thanks Amy and Michele. I do hope I'll be working with a nice group of people. Fingers crossed.

Had a scary day yesterday. Was out in the morning but when I got home our little puppy threw up a little bit...not too worrisome since she tries to eat pine cones and sticks and bugs (ew)....we are always chasing her around getting things out of her mouth. But then she went to sleep and seemed exhausted for hours. Didn't care who walked into the room (usually she greets everyone like she hasn't seen them in years although she saw them 5 minutes ago) Hard to know what she may have gotten into with the DH "watching" her and Christmas decorations out. Didn't have a fever or any more digestive issues but when I was about to call the vet she rallied and seemed fine. Since people are up at all hours and in and out of the house all night around here...I thought she just could have been truly exhausted. I'm glad she  is perky and fine this morning, but I was pretty nervous seeing her so lethargic. [smilie=th_huganimal]

Today is The Melting Duck in Something Christmas This Way Comes

Have a good day.

Mag, that's so scary and I'm happy that Cannoli seems herself again.  Hopefully it was just too much excitement and she just needed some sleep. ❤️🐕🐾❤️

I am definitely ready for snow - parts of New England had 6" last night, jealous - so please send any snow you don't want to SW Ohio or NE West Va.

Susan, hi!  How is that Kringle candle throwing for you?

Michele, that Peppermint Creme Noel sounds lovely!

Today it's Scentsy Marshmallow Mint - absolutely gorgeous! - and it reminds me a lot of the Sonoma marshmallow mint candle, which wasn't available this year, so doubly happy.

Back on the road tomorrow but this is the last two weeks of travel I will probably ever do for this kind of work.  🍾🎉🥳

Take care all!! Stay safe!  ❤️❤️❤️

Thanks Amy. She was also shivering which was really scary. I think figured out what it was. She got into someone's garbage and was chewing on a cotton ball that had been used for polish remover. Why???  It's smells horrible. We all need to be careful about closing doors now. 
[smilie=th_congratulations]Congrats you on your last two weeks! :sFun_mango:Yay! I hope you have a pleasant two weeks with no drama and can truly appreciate it. [smilie=th_blij40]

Good Morning!

We woke up to 28 degrees this morning. It’s getting to feel like winter for sure.  

Maggie-Poor Cannoli.  My daughter had a similar situation with her Lab puppy on Friday. They think she swallowed a dog toy. They rushed her to the vet and he induced her to bring up her stomach but no signs of it. They did find a piece of plastic though. These puppies are like babies.  Just have to be so careful what’s out for them to eat.  Glad Cannoli is feeling better!!  So scary. 

Amy-Safe travels this morning. 

This morning it’s L3 Eskimo Kisses.  This is Pink Sugar/Vanilla Kisses/Candy Cane. 

For someone who did not have many Christmas scents they sure did accumulate quickly.  

Have a great day!!!

Good Morning!

Hope everyone is doing ok. 

Today it’s L3 Palo Santo Cafe Vienna Santo’s on Keto.  This is Palo Santo, coffee, vanilla, caramel, brown sugar, vanilla  ice cream, vanilla wafer, vanilla cookies and brown sugar butter cookies. 

Have a great day!!

Good Morning!

Oh gosh Michele....I'm so glad your daughters puppy was ok! Yes, they are like little babies for sure!

I understand what you mean about accumulating Christmas scents! Lolol[smilie=th_giggle]I only melt them for about a month and a half but I end up with enough to last a year...they're just sooooo good!

Yesterday was Candy Cane Cupake by LBC...surprisingly not very powerful. [smilie=th_scratch]Everything from them has been pretty strong and with this being a mint scent...I'm surprised. 
This morning it's Rarified Air by Golden Willow Wax - Douglas Fir, Sun on Snow, Pendleton, Santa Lane and Beach Hair. I [smilie=th_LOVE] this one! 
Have a nice Tuesday.

Maggie, glad Cannoli is OK, also, same wishes to your daughters puppy Michele. 

Amy, hope you het to enjoy these last 2 weeks of travelling and the next time you travel, it'll be for pleasure. 

Exciting day here in the UK, the first Covid vaccine in the world was given this morning. Its been great watching all these people on TV getting it. Interestingly, the second person to get it was called William Shakespeare (I kid you not) from Warwickshire (just like the bard himself) It's great news and certainly a turning point. 

Hope you're all well, melting Pink Snow Fairy by Darley Lama, it's lovely on this cold, wet, miserable December day. 

Stay safe everyone 

Good morn everyone. Melting: Old Fashioned Cranberry Bars by VRC

Pumpkin Sugared Donuts by Yum Yum wax, new vender to me

Dashing thru the snow by Yum Yum wax, we had a dusting of snow on Monday.

Hello all!

Good to see everyone!

Sharon, that is indeed exciting that the vaccines are beginning to be given in the UK! And who better to receive one of the first jabs than William Shakespeare!! Do they have an idea when the bulk of the population will be vaccinated?  I know you are enjoying that beautiful Darley Llama wax. ❤️

Mag, ohhhh that Golden Willow melt sounds beautiful.  How is it that I keep forgetting to order from her?? I certainly have not forgotten anybody else...🤦

Michele, your Palo Santo blend sounds perfect. I have really enjoyed getting to know that scent this year.  I know you are getting very excited with the babies coming soon!!  

Maggie and Michele, I'm glad all the doggies are doing ok.  They will get into everything 🤬 and give us grey hairs, won't they??  I also found our beagle Georgia working on a cotton ball I had used to soak up some wax. 😱 She was none the worse for wear but I was on edge until the next day.

Susan, your melts sound lovely! I love cranberry scents so much.   I'm glad you got a dusting of snow - same in Ohio and West Virginia - so beautiful.

Well I continue to work my way through the beautiful Empire Alchemy advent calendar and today it is:

EA Pom Poms & Mittens - vanilla ambrette, Madagascar vanilla, lavender, and olibanum - started out very light but now it is filling the hotel room, very sweet and perfumey, very body care.  It's pretty.

Mag, thank you, there has been very little drama at work, so let's hope I can ride off into the sunset with that being true!  This week has been going very well and I will start driving home at noon tomorrow. The way it stands now, one more business trip next week and then wrap it up WFH.  

We are going to have hardwood floors put in and that was delayed, thankfully, by the flooring people, due to illness in their family.  We found out yesterday that they will start on our floors immediately after the new year.  So not only am I greatly looking forward to this, but the timing is perfect to transition over into retirement.  Over the holidays, I must declutter in earnest so we can move furniture back and forth more easily.  🥳🎉

Take care all and stay safe out there. ❤️❤️❤️

Good Afternoon and thank you Sharon and Amy regarding the pup. She is currently at the vet getting spayed. What a week for that poor girl. :crysmiley1:I'm happy that they are letting us take her home today...I hated to leave my previous dog there overnight...so scary for them after surgery. 
Susan...lucky you! I love snow...as long as I don't have to drive a sedan through it. 
Sharon...my son just told me today that you guys are first in line with the vaccine! That's great news! And to think William Shakespeare was second in line...lololol. [smilie=th_giggle]
Amy...how wonderful about your new floors! And perfect timing to beat! Any particular shade you are liking? 
Today it's some wonderful mint scents from the UTC sampler a pal sent...Peppermint Marshmallow Bean Noel, Peppermint Lavender Pink Sugar & Blueberry coconut Peppermint. [smilie=th_teks0311][smilie=th_slider_flirt]

And upstairs it's Mrs Claus Christmas by Wax Workshoppe. 💕

Have a great day.

Good Afternoon all....it's been a tough night. Poor little Cannoli had her spaying done yesterday and she's having a tough time. Gotta run back to the vet for stronger meds. Poor baby!

I put on my Rainbow Melts Yuletide - palo santo, Christmas tree and fireside. Sounds amazing but shockingly enough  I can't smell anything. ☹️☹️☹️☹️ I added the rest of the bar so I'll see how it goes.

Have a good day....off to the vet.