The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

My Home is "Stuffed" with Wax - November 2020

Good morning all!!

Mag - a 96 oz candle?! Oh my goodness!! That will last for months! ❤️

Michele, congrats on organizing the wax!  That is a great feeling.

Susan, best wishes for organizing your wax also, let us know how that goes.

Doing laundry this morning.  Going to Lima Ohio for two days this week to train my successor.  

Last night it was:

Diptyque Fig Tree - under the lamp - such a gorgeous scent.  Huge throw under the lamp.  Not so much when I tried burning it, but that's fine because the scent is unique and woody and tart and I love it.

Take care all and Happy Sunday!! ❤️

Good Monday Morning. [smilie=th_316785e4]

Susan...good luck with the wax reorganization. Always fun![smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Amy...I've had that candle for years! I'm so sporadic with burning candles that's it's taking forever but it's so beautiful that I love it lingering around. I ordered it when they used to let you pick any artwork on the front. Its a black label with gold font and says " BELIEVE Life is full of glorious miracles". They also upgraded a second candle so I've got lots of wax to burn. LOL. Good  luck with the training today! 
It's from my newest delivery of 1803...Lavender Sugar. [smilie=cloud_9]

Have a good day.

Good Morning!

Amy-I’m glad you are only traveling 2 days this week.  

Susan-Good Luck with the wax reorganization.  

Maggie-Glad you are enjoying your 1803 wax.

The wax organization is going well.  I have a few candles left to find a place for and then I’m done.  

Today I'm melting the last of SGA Salted Caramel Pretzel Waffle Cone.  I’m trying to finish up all my brittles with hardly any wax left.

Have a great Monday everybody!!

Good morn ladies. Melting today: Blue Skies by Hayden Rowe

Pina Colda by HR

Strawberry Cream Soda by CFOW

I see a lot of chopping wax in my future, lol. Have a great day.

Hello all and Happy Monday,

Summer has returned and I have all the windows open - WFH today and then traveling early tomorrow to Lima, Ohio, which at only three hours' drive will seem like a hop, skip and jump. 😎

I see people putting up their Christmas decorations but gee whiz, it's 76 F so I'm having trouble imagining Santa and the sleigh.  Hopefully the cooler weather will return soon.

Susan, if you are imagining yourself chopping, this must mean loaves have arrived?  Details please! 😄

Mag, that huge candle sounds so beautiful with the black and gold, and beautiful sentiment.  And you say your "latest" order of 1803... How many were there, did you say? 🤣 If you tell, I will share how many Empire Alchemy orders there were in the last few months...

Michele, well done, you've got it all organized!!  That must feel so good.  Now you know what's what.  You've got this.  It seems like we've all slowed down again which is really good (for the moment anyway).  And very smart to finish the brittles with just a little left.

Well today it's:

The Bunny Sisters The Evil Dead - woods & earth, Olive Branch, shaving cream - I love this - The shaving cream and Olive Branch are strongest.  Nice and fresh and not cologney or evil in any way.  🎉

We had a mouse in the house - the fields were just harvested and the little creatures have nowhere to go - and I'm here to report that it has been caught and dispensed along the back fence.  I hope the word is out to all his cousins and friends.   Clemmie is useless in this regard.  She used to be a good mouser, but it has been a long time since one came in the house, and she is far too pampered and doted upon now to be required to work.

That is all I know - take care all - enjoy the beautiful weather if you've got it - and stay safe.  Hugs to all!

Good Morning!

Amy-I am glad to hear that the mouse has been caught!  I am not a fan of them at all.  I’m pretty sure I have TBS The Evil Dead.  I need to go dig it out.  

Today it’s Cranberry Great Pumpkin. This is one of my last melts left from The Great Pumpkin Sampler.  It’s 2 years old. Hoping it does well.  It’s another gorgeous day here.  It’s supposed to reach 72 degrees. Beautiful weather but it’s not Fall.  I love it.  

Have a great day!

Happy Tuesday!

Amy....lololol....no, I don't think I mentioned how many orders there were from 1803...[smilie=th_giggle]. But seriously...I only ordered twice! The second delivery was doubles of everything. Boo.  Now...don't ask me if I ordered from anywhere else...I'm hiding wax in the drawers now. [smilie=th_foolish1] Safe travels today!

Susan...cutting up loaves? [smilie=yes]

Michele...you have inspired me to put all my candles into the cabinet! I ended up giving away candles that I really don't love....the girls gave them to their friends who loved them. All is well.[smilie=th_thumbs20up]

This morning it's The Bunny Sisters mini loaf in Dessert at Grandmas - Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, Sugar Cookie, Cinnamon Cream, Toasted Marshmallow & Bakery Blend. I'm not always a PPW lover but this blend is exceptional. 💕

Have a great day.

Maggie-I am glad I have inspired you to put your candles in the cabinet.  I am still in an organizing mood and just sorted out more candles.   I have way too many and might try listing them on Ebay.

My VCS Cranberry Pumpkin didn’t have much scent.  Couldn’t smell a thing. Switched it out to Destination Wax Lavender Sugar Cookie and this is outstanding!!!  Love this!  Thank you CF friend.  I am so glad I had placed an order with this vendor on Amy’s recommendation. This was in a beautiful Owl shape. I have it in 3 melters and it’s gorgeous! 

Good Wednesday Morning!

Michele...listing the candles on eBay sounds like a good idea although I've never tried it. What vendors do you have the most of?

This overcast morning it's Melted Confection in Jack the Pumpkin King. Waiting for it to melt. I've been getting more telemarketing calls in the last week than ever before. My phone is literally ringing every 3 minutes...usually the same few callers. I've started silencing the ringer and using the "blocker feature" for the first time. Ugh. 

Have a good one.

Hello!

Maggie- I have mostly Yankee Candles.  Some are very very old.  I also have BBW candles and a few from Gold Canyon and Village Candle. 

I hate those telemarketers. I have been getting a lot on my cell phone now as well.

Just got back from a very nice lunch with my friend.  Changed out my warmers to SMT Vanilla Hazelnut Mocha.  I was finishing up the last of Destination Wax Lavender Sugar Cookies which was excellent!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Good Evening!

Michele...If you have some scents that are discontinued, you may be able to get a nice price! 
That Jack the Pumpkin King melt wasn’t very strong at all. The first one from the Melted Confection that was a dud even though they were pretty elderly...lol. Added Southern Twang’s melt in Zucchini Bread, Berries and Vanilla Smoothie.

Goodnight all.

Good morning all,

Haha Mag!  I also have some wax tucked away in the coffee table now.... We do what we have to do!  As for numbers of orders...I think I ordered 7 times from EA... It's a sickness.... I'm glad the Bunny Sisters blend worked for you and I'm right there with you on the PPW.... Seem to be tolerating it better this year, though.  I love all the pumpkin scents except the heavy caramels but I do need a break.

Michele, that Destination Wax Lavender Sugar Cookie is one of my faves!  That's one I will buy over and over.  You've done  such a good job with reorganizing and slowing down the orders.

Well today it's:

BH&G Pumpkin Lemon Shortbread - really delicious and good throw.

Rainbow Melts Pumpkin Caramel Crunch Cookie - it's strong and delicious but I can't go too long with the caramel, just not my fave.  Very very very very sweet.

Well two mice were caught, and now two days of nothing in the traps, so I am encouraged.  Clemmie continues to be oblivious.  Her staff is taking care of things and that's what counts.

Have a lovely day all!  Frost on the pumpkin this morning - 30 F.  Ahhhhhhhhh!

Her staff????[smilie=th_LA839B1117] Does Clemmie pay well??? You are too funny! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

It's a yucky day today...waiting on some sunshine....even a couple of rays would do. In the meantime it's Lilac Sensations in PPW & SCD....this was a custom from 2015. It smells so good in the bag but not much once warmed. Think I'll give it a bit more time and then move on.

SCD...I should know this... Sugared Cinnamon Donut? 😬 Salted Caramel Decadence?  *help Mag*

So tonight it's:

Sonoma Marshmallow Candy Cane candle - under the lamp - this is my most favorite minty candle and was sent as a gift - it's not overly sweet and the marshmallow is just so creamy.  Perfection!  I'm so happy to have this because Kohl's didn't issue it again this year and now they are recalling half a million candles due to high flame issues. 😱 But under the lamp - gorgeous.

As for Clemmie....lol, she pays her staff nothing, hunts not at all, is a picky eater, interferes with my typing on the computer, shreds parts of the furniture, and makes deposits of an unmentionable odor, so one might argue, why is she here?  All she is good for is her enthusiastic, un-catlike greeting when we come through the door...her sweet warmth in my lap...the raspiness of her whiskers as she rubs her face against mine...and the trusting depths of those great green eyes.  I guess she can stay.

I hope everyone has a lovely night.  Stay safe all! ❤️

LOL Amy....she sounds like a keeper! [smilie=th_catkiss]
Good morning to all...happy Friday....although every day is the same here. Another rainy day. I think we will float away soon.

Amy...SCD is Sugar Cookie Dough. There was a time I mixed that with EVERYTHING! 
It's VCS Cookie Monster in Jackson - SCD, Buttercream Frosting, Sugar Milk and Blueberry Cobbler. This smells delicious! It's two years old so I'm glad it's throwing!

Have a nice day all. [smilie=yes]

Hi everyone. Melting today:Candy cane by K's Kreations

Mini Candle: Willow by woodwick

A Woodwick Trio: Crimson Berry, Frasier Fur, white tea.

Earlier in the week this is what I melted: Chestnut Spice by Swan Creek

Dessert Sage & ceder wood by Swan Creek

Fresh twisted cranberry by Frebreze

Festival vibes by Scentsationals.

I have 2 loafs for L 3 that need to chop up from 2 mystery boxes plus some bigger pieces from her.  I hope everyone has  a great weekend.

Happy Saturday!

Susan...I love your holiday type scents! I was gonna put on some Christmas candles today just because I love them so much, then I decided to go in a different direction. 😀

It was Avas Vanilla Bean Wafers and Zeeps Not Your Mommas Waffles

And now it's...

Kale Salad from DW, 4 Leaf Clover from NA and Sweet Pea Vanilla from NA...all from a sweet CF pal. [smilie=th_teks0311] Smells wonderful!

Good Sunday Morning. [smilie=th_316785e4]Hope all are well.

It's Homemade Carrot Cupcake Vanilla Frosted Grahams from a long ago sweet CF pal. ❤️ And SGA The Haunted Mansion - bakery, sweet spices and vanilla batter. Glad I'm finally using up some of these older Halloween/Fall blends. Upstairs it's Country Walk by Country Lane Keepsakes.

Have a good one.

Good Morning!

I know what you mean Maggie.  I’m working on using up older Halloween/Fall blends too. After Thanksgiving I start to go with Winter/Christmas blends. I don’t think I will finish them though.

Yesterday I melted RM Pumpkin Frosted Animal Crackers from the Pumpkin Sampler. It was delicious.  Today it’s an oldie from the VCS Pumpkin Sampler from 2 years ago -

The Great Pumpkin Zombie: Pumpkin Layer Cake Cream Cheese Frosting Mac Apple Birthday Cake Whipped Cream.

We are going shopping today for some baby things.  It’s getting closer.

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Good Monday Morning!

Michele...I'll also start my Christmas scents after Thanksgiving and I definitely won't get through it all....but I'll enjoy it thoroughly. I love Christmas scents most of all! 💕 So exciting to go shopping for your new grand babies on the way!! Do you have a preference as to what they will end up calling you? My daughters best friend just had her first baby four days ago...a little boy. ❤️
It's Blueberry Pumpkin Patch from Nellies Acres...this was from last years fall order.

Have a good one.

edited: Sadly....my palm tarts from a year ago aren't throwing. :crysmiley1:I'm shocked because I had a few of her wax cups from 7 years ago that I melted this year and they threw like a champ. I'm wondering if the bags they came in are wax safe? They don't feel correct but you can't always tell. 
I'm trying a different scent to see...Celtic Moonspice! This smells super strong on cold...let's see. 

Good Morning!

So happy to see the sun this morning.  It’s a nice day but a little crisp.  

Maggie-Sorry to hear your palm wax aren’t throwing. Are those the one’s from NA?   The new babies can call me Grandma.  I don’t have a preference.  Congrats to your daughter’s friend.  I love newborn babies.

Nice scents Susan!

Yesterday I melted VCS Pumpkin Coffee Coffee Coffee. Nice scent that lasted all day. Today it’s SB Birthday Cookies.  Thanks CF friend.  

Have a good one everybody !!

Hi everyone. Melting today: Black Currant by Mystical, love this

Black Linen lord of misuse by That smell good shop, first time ordering from them

Blue Sugar Van Sandlewood by HR.

Have a great day.

Happy Tuesday!

Michele...I was just saying to my girls how this morning is strange...grey and looking like dusk. Definitely no sun here....lol!  But if you have it...it must mean it's in its way over here soon! [smilie=th_aa17]
Susan...nice scents! Whatcha think of That Smell Good Shop? I like her stuff a lot...have an order in the works from them...some customs. :thyay:
I'm happy to report that my Celtic Moon Spice palm wax is throwing perfectly! Yay! Maybe the other scent was just a dud. Here's hoping. I rewarmed  the CM this morning since it was still good and I think I'll try some more NA this week.

Have a good day.