The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

My Home is "Stuffed" with Wax - November 2020

I love this title Maggie!!!   It’s so true.  

Today I’m melting SGA Untangled.  This is Hazelnut Cream Pretzels.  I feel like I have been neglecting this vendor. This used to be what I melted most of the time until I went crazy ordering from so many great vendors.  I hope this has a good throw because it might be 2 years old. Need to start melting my older wax.

The sun is finally out.  It’s been cold and rainy here.  

Happy Monday!

Good Morning!! Thanks Michele...true here too!

It’s sunny but chilly here today...a perfect day for a walk.[smilie=th_806e4b7f]

Amy...I hope the issue with your Jeep was fixed easily! 

Michele...I hope your attendance at the bridal shower went well and everyone wore their masks.

I’ve been melting Spiced Pear Donuts by CFTKR since yesterday. [smilie=cloud_9]Added Baked Apples, Sweet Pumpkin Strudel & Buttercream by Southern Twang. This is 4 years old...hope it throws.

Have a good one. 

Good Morning All. My body is still on old time....exhausted by 9pm and up at 5am. Hope I adjust soon. Someone....who I will not name....lol...bent my toe back in his sleep this morning....:th_crying:definitely re-broken....starting all over again. :sAng_explosive:

Susan....that Swan Creek scent is very nice! I've got to pull out my SC....now off to find it. 
Its SGA in The Addams Family - blueberry, vanilla,  strawberry cream batter, zucchini

- And -

She Loves Cake in Carolyn Stoddard- candy corn, caramel apple pie, cotton candy

Smells great and throwing perfectly! ! Have a good day all. [smilie=th_c032]

Hello all!!

Mag, I love this title - so true! 😳

The Jeep is making a terrible rattling noise under the gearshift, so I suspect something in the transmission..🤬.. We won't know until Thursday.  I took it in early due to travel.  Still this car has nearly 200k miles and has been the soul of dependability... So no complaints whatever it is.

This morning I melted Portlandia from the Bunny Sisters and it had no scent 😭 which is unheard of from this vendor.  It would have been a woodsy, airy scent.   All is forgiven because this vendor usually fills the house.

Take care all.  

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all enjoying your day. 

Today I’m melting from a new to me vendor-Blended With Love Bottle of Tears-Palo Santo snd Sugar Cookies. This has a very good throw.  I’m smelling more Palo Santo then Sugar Cookies. Nice scent though.

Good Evening!

Thanks Amy....ugh.  Somebody sleeps like this--->[smilie=th_Hnh5]

I'm sorry about the Jeep....it's nice when you have a dependable car but shocking when something goes wrong. Knock on wood....we have a few like that....like the energizer bunny...going and going and going! And no scent from a BS wax tart?? That's shocking too! 😉

It's  been a candles evening....BBW Apple Pumpkin Pancakes, BWW Caramel Pumpkin Swirl, BBW Pumpkin Apple & Goose Creek Pumpkin Patch. 
[smilie=th_offtobed]Goodnight

Mag, I'm so very sorry.  And it was just starting to heal.  🤬 Maybe a soft boot to sleep in... With spikes on it, purely for defense.

I remember when you all were melting She Loves Cake and I loved the name.  I'm glad it's still throwing so well for you!

Susan, how is that fig Woodwick candle doing?  I enjoy that crackling sound.  Is the fig strong?  I love that scent.

Michele, ahhhhh Palo Santo! and yes I'm hearing good things about that Blended With Love.  I'm trying not to look... 😳

Well, the week is proceeding nicely, after a rocky start in the hotel.  I left late on Monday due to morning webcalls, so it was well into the evening upon arrival.  I checked in, unpacked, hung up the clothing, put out the toiletries, laid out the all the wax in admiration, got two melters rolling, settled down to play the guitar and...the smoke alarm started chirping.   It would speak every five minutes or so.  I guiltily moved the bigger melter into the bathroom and turned on the fan, but yep, after about five more minutes, chirp.  So I called the desk and in a little while, two ladies in masks arrived with new batteries.  After exclamations of how good the room smelled and examining the bags of wax ("oh!  Look at all your pretty soaps!!) the manager asked if she could lay a towel on the bed and stand on it to reach the smoke alarm.  Sure, deed done, off they went, wax retrieved from the bathroom, mask removed, settled back down, and...chirp, chirp, more quickly now.  I gave up....turned off the wax, let it cool, packed everything back up while the chirping continued, went downstairs and asked nicely for a new room.   They said the maintenance guy needs to blow out the smoke alarm with compressed air.  But that would not be now.  They couldn't have been nicer about the whole thing, gave me an upgrade and a bunch of points.  It was 10:30 before that was all finished and peace was reestablished.  I'm just grateful that the scent I had going when those ladies came in was an acceptable herbal lavender and not some condemning burnt pumpkin patchouli. 

I had a run of melts I didn't like the last few days, through no fault of the vendors, since they were all heavily scented and blastingly strong, just not my preference. Gingered Bergamot for one, oh my goodness...to me, those two don't belong together, but maybe I'm just being contrary.   Anyway I went with something simple today:

Rosegirls Campfire Songs - from the Let's Go Camping Sampler,  just a gentle smoky embers scent, not particularly strong but it's very pleasant.  And no comment from the smoke alarm, so we're good.

Take care all, stay well.  Hugs all around.

Good Morning!

Amy-Monday sure did start off rocky.  I’m glad you are all settled in.  Sorry you had a run of melts that you didn’t enjoy  it happens to all of us sometimes.  Today it’s VRC Butterscotch Bourbon.   This is Butterscotch Brûlée, Kentucky Bourbon, and a Rich Vanilla.  Whenever I melt a Bourbon scent it reminds me of when we visited the Bourbon plants in Kentucky.  Fun times.  

Maggie- Sorry about your toe.  Hope it’s feeling better.  

Susan- I love Woodwick Candles.

Enjoy the day all!  

Gosh Amy...what the heck? I'm sorry about your rough Monday! As if Monday's aren't bad enough. I can't imagine the melters causing the smoke alarm to chirp...I guess it was just bad and I'm glad you ended up with a nicer room and no chirping to disturb you! Monday morning was weird here too! At 5 am something crashed loudly in the house....didn't know what was going on. Started looking around and found a picture frame clear across the family room downstairs. No people, pets or wind to disturb it. [smilie=th_confused3]

Thanks about my toe Amy and Michele! Amy...your comment about the boot with spikes...lololol! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Its been Nancy's Wax in a big pie of Pumpkin Sugared Donut...yum. [smilie=th_Drglar]

Goodnight all.

Mag - the picture frame - that's completely bizarre - maybe you have a poltergeist?!

You may think I'm kidding... My dentist said the objects on his hutch cabinet would be all rearranged each morning... And he lived alone.  I love this so much.  Please keep us updated!!

As for Pumpkin Sugared Donut - yes please!

Michele, I'm glad you have a bourbon scent to remind you of our good times in Kentucky - a great day.

Tonight it's Destination Wax Palo Santo, heavenly, calming and strong.

Sleep tight all!

Good Morning!

Maggie-that’s bizarre. Similar thing happened to me at the beach house this summer.  A plate I had sitting on a stand on the dining room hutch just fell on the floor and shattered.  This was when nobody even was around to touch it. 

Amy-Great memories!

Yesterday I sorted through some of my wax.  I organized what I had bought this summer.  I don’t know what I was thinking.  Goal of 2021 is to try to go through a lot of my “collection” so I can see a dent. Maybe if I limit myself to one small order here and there I can do it.

Melting VCS Blueberry Great Pumpkin.   It’s 2 years old and still throwing!

Have a good one everybody!

Morn ladies.  Melting: Autumn Eats by Vintage Road Candles

Fall Nights by VRC

Butterscotch Bourbon by VRC

Italian Biscotti Almond by Mystical

Cake Macaron by Ami=Escents

Finishing candle; Fig by Woodwick, this was a ablong candle, burned wonderful.

Good morning ladies! 
Oh Amy...have I got stories!! The latest picture frame thing was just odd but it could have been moved during the day by vibrations of the floors, doors or whatnot. The odd thing was where it ended up. Some of the things that have happened to me I wouldn't believe if anyone told me them....I'd say "oh really" and think the person was nuts.  [smilie=th_Whistle]One day I'll tell you all about them! I've really got to write them down. I've had lots of things happen to me but I'm actually very skeptical of a lot of stuff like that. However, I do live on Revolutionary War battlegrounds. 

Susan...you've got lots of nice scents going there! 

Michele...that great that you went through your stash! I know it feels a little better knowing what you have! I still have two boxes under my end table that I have no place for...and I'm filling them up with new wax every time a new order arrives. No more ordering for me...I say once again. Lololol

This lovely morning it's TSGS Rock & Roll - aged bourbon and rustic cedar. (Bourbon just like you Michele!) This smells so nice...but it seems like it has a lot more in there. 

Have a good one.

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

Hope your toe is feeling better Maggie!!

Nice scents Susan.  Everyone seems to be in a Bourbon mood.

I have another order from Empire Alchemy arriving today and then just 4 more orders I’m waiting on.  I’m really going to try clearing out wax here in 2021 with a select order here and there. Hope I can do it.

Today I’m melting a gift from a CF friend- SGA Coin Wash  This is Fresh Dried Laundry snd Amber.  Smells good already.

I’m also on a mission to get through my very many SGA chunk bags.  Today and yesterday is Sisters in Pink. These are rather old so I’m putting them in a jar on a wax warmer and letting them go for a day or two.   This way there’s no waste.  Thanks Amy for the wonderful idea!

Enjoy all!!

Good Morning all!

Its an old favorite...Nenes' Cinnamon Glazed Fritters....one of my most adored fragrances. This is the last of it so "next year" I'm definitely placing an order with her! I miss her wax...it's been a long time.

Also Vanilla Crumb Donut by Empire Alchemy. Thought I picked this up in a pair but only ordered a cup so it's perfect for the empty warmer in my family room.

Michele....that's a great idea! [smilie=th_cc8]Amy! I have some OLD loaves/bags too and that would be a perfect way to melt them! You can do this wax clear out! [smilie=th_sign0162] And thanks about my toe...it's feeling better.

Have a good day all.

Good Morning!

It’s a beautiful day!

I am melting Wonderberry Caramel Coffee Bread.  This is Coffee Ice Cream, Salted Caramel, Toasted Marshmallow and Zucchini Bread.

Have a good one!

Good Morning!

Its Savannah Blue this morning...Angel Food Cake with Mulled Cider and Macintosh Apple Cake Crumbles.:toppoints:

Added Stay Awhile from EA- Snuggable Laundry, Sweet Amber, Berries and Sandalwood.

Burning...Hot Apple Pie by Crossroads Candles..this is that 96oz candle they sent me because they ran out of the smaller size...still got lots of wax left!!!

Enjoy your day.

Happy Sunday.

Its Witching Hour by Empire Alchemy - dragons blood, coffee, toasted chocolate and tobacco. It's pretty new but it's throwing.

Have a good one.

Hi everyone. Candle for today: Sugared Snicker Doodle by BBW. Smells really good so far.

Hope to reorganized my wax this week so I know what I have.  Have a great Sunday.