The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Screaming Scents of October (October 2020)

Yes Maggie it was fairly sudden but not unexpected. Bangor, our small city is a University city so every September we get an influx of students. In England there have been local lockdowns in cities that have Universities that have sudden spikes in cases, students can't leave their campus etc. So, I think our numbers are okay ish so as far as I'm aware it's a precautionary measure which is good. 

Good Morning!

Overnight and still going is L3 Eye of Odin-Palo Santo Chrome Type and Ozone.  This is a very nice scent.  In the main area is VCS David S. Pumpkins which is Carmelized Pralines, Cupcake’s at Tiffany’s, and Creamy Pumpkin. 

Have a wonderful day!

Hello and Good Afternoon all.

Sharon...I'm glad it's just precautionary and not the beginning of something big. Good news!

Michele...so happy you had a nice time with Amy and your hubbys! Sounds like a lovely day! Your lavender scents sound awesome. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]And...[smilie=th_thlaughter] to the David S Pumpkins tart name! I love it! What a funny skit!

Susan...yes, wonderful to see you![smilie=th_c55]

Its Little Blue Coop in BlackBerry Waffle from my newest order...it smells strong and lovely. It's that floral fruity blackberry and I'm enjoying it very much. I only used 3 tiny pieces so I have half of the waffle left. Pretty great for $3.50. [smilie=th_th3de3a8c4]I think I'm in trouble.

Have a great day.

Good Morning!

Maggie-Is Little Blue Coop another vendor that you found on Etsy? I’m glad you are enjoying your order. 

Today it’s VRC Apple Pumpkin Pecan Zucchini in an adorable turtle shape.  This one smells strong !  In the bedroom is L3 Strawberry Sugar. It’s been going awhile so I will be changing it out soon.  

Just changed the bedroom to RG Ice Palace.  This is Snow Powder and Cool Mint on a bed of Tonka Bean and Creamy Vanilla.  Thanks friend! Love it!

Enjoy your day all!

Good afternoon!

Yes Michele...Little Blue Coop is from Etsy...I am very impressed with this company...which is not a good thing for me since I'm ready to place another order. [smilie=help]

Still digging through the oldies...

Melted Confections Pumpkin Breakfast...truly miss this vendor. 😢

Woofwicks Funnel Cake Pie Crust...should place an order here sometime soon. 😉 Both of these are pretty old and yet throwing beautifully. 
Have a great day.

Hello Everyone!

Maggie -I’m always impressed by the wonderful vendors you find.  I’m going to peek at Little Blue Coop.  I love when the wax is older and you still get good throw.  

Today I finished off RG Fireside Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting. Wonderful!  Changed out the warmers to VRC Driftwood. This is Spicy Citrus Green Notes, Moss and Woody Musk.  Who would ever think I would enjoy Earthy scents??  

Thank you CF friends!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Hi All!

It’s very quiet here.  

The VRC Driftwood lasted over 12 hours. It was really nice. 

Melting RG Singing in the Rain.  I couldn’t find the scent description but I love it!  Just a beautiful fresh smell with some floral to me. 

Good Night Everyone! 

Good Morning[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Yes...very quiet here.

Michele...driftwood is such a beautiful scent. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Its been Cranberry Peach Cider by OPT upstairs

And downstairs it's Raspberry Cream Patchouli and Cranberry Kettle Corn from a talented and kind CF pal. Thanks!
Have a nice day.

Happy Monday...[smilie=th_roll]

Its going to be a busy week! Puppy gets her last set of shots which allows her to get her first grooming! Hooray....she is soooooo fluffy and messy and looks three times her actual size. She's reminding me of a sheep. I'm having the same issue so I'm finally getting a haircut too! (But not at the groomer...lol) I'm not sure what my hair dresser can do after I chopped off about 6 inches and now I look like I'm wearing a helmet. :sFun_crazypilot:I might end up with a very  short do....but it'll grow back so I'm good. 
I have been melting Hot Apple Pie from Nellies Acres....I love the way palm wax slides right out of the melters when it's cold. 
And Pumpkin Cider Doughnuts from Nancy's. Now it's The Headless Horseman from She Loves Cake. (pumpkin Pecan waffles, chocolate covered cherries and zucchini bread) So sad both of these vendors seem to have disappeared. [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

Have a nice day all. [smilie=yes]

Good evening all, all your melts sound gorgeous, too many too mention. 

Maggie, the puppy sounds adorable. 

Today its been YC Grilled Peaches and Vanilla. Delicious. 

Well, as of 6pm this Friday Wales is going into lockdown again. 🥴I'm relying on you all to keep me sane, lol. 

Good Evening.

I'm so sorry Sharon! Ugh! :th_crying: I hope you can keep getting mail so some waxies can arrive to keep you company! 😉  I hope your lockdown is short lived. 🤞🏻Thanks about Cannoli.
Just changed up the melters...

The Bourbon Orleans Hotel by VCS-Cider Lane Pumpkin Cupcake Marshmallow Birthday Cake Noel. I smell maple? :sFun_ahohno:

Hi Maggie, yes it's going to be short lived, 17 days. It won't affect mail, lol. Non essential shops will close, bars and restaurants too. Places can stay open if they do takeaways or deliveries. Stay at home but can go out for exercise, don't travel far. Halloween and Bonfire Night is cancelled, and the border between Wales and England will be closed unless you have to travel over it to work, care for someone or anything medical. 

Oh well, we can do it! 

Hi Everyone!

I am back.  Went to Ohio last week to check on my DH’s apartment. We ended up driving back in 2 cars because not sure when he will be working from the office again.  It was a nice week. 

I listened to some YouTube on the way back and bit some ideas of how to get through some of my mega wax stash.  It’s giving me anxiety.  I have been very much on an ordering frenzy.  Still waiting on quite a few orders to ship with no place to put anything.  My goal for 2021 is to make a considerable dent in my wax. 

Sharon-I hope your lockdown is successful.  

Maggie-You are too funny about your hair. 

Amy-Where are you?  We miss you here. Used to love waking up to your posts.  

Yesterday I melted SMT PPW, Zucchini Bread and Caramel Latte.  Very good and long lasting. 

Overnight and still going strong is RG Goodnight Moon! What a beautiful scent!

Just put on from SM-Circus Animal Stuffed Sugar Cookies. Smells great!

Have a great day !

Good Morning! I'm missing you too Amy! [smilie=th_cha40]I give up. Hide and seek is over! [smilie=th_cha69]

Yes...Sharon...You can do it! [smilie=th_23_32_7]My daughters work has closed...3 cases in one week. She has tested negative which is great news.

Michele..I hear you....I've been thinking of how nice it would feel to start fresh. I love my timer warmers but I slowed down the "wax switch out" once I started using them. I'm gonna try to really pay attention now that I'm stuck home. I will join you on the "2021 Stash Clear-out/Mega Dent" endeavor. Although I am going to start today....I have plenty of Christmas Inventory and I've got a few orders already pending so I'm ready to roll. [smilie=th_yahoo]

This fine (actually dark, cold and rainy) day its Tobacco Leaves by Bohemienne Life. Perfect. 
Edit: Figgy (Figs & Cassis) by Little Blue Coop

Have a good one.

Thanks ladies, yes, I can do it! We did it before and we didn't know at the start how it would be for (I think it was for 4 months) so 17 days is nothing. 

Today, even though its damp and miserable but quite warm, I'm melting Coconut Vacay by Scentsationals and Vanilla Ice Cream Milk Shake. Very summery. 

Have a lovely day all! 

Hello!

Sharon-yes you can do it.  Hope the 17 day lockdown puts the brakes on the virus. 

Maggie-Glad your daughter tested negative. How are you liking Little Blue Coop?

Today it’s take 2 of VRC Autumn Leaves from last year’s Fall Sampler.  Had to turn it off yesterday because it was just too strong. Overnight and still going is TBG Deadly Sleeping Draught.  This is a lovely combination of French Lavender, White tea and Thyme essential oil. 

Enjoy your day!

Hello All...

Busy day here. Got the hair cut super short! Yay! [smilie=th_giggle]I've never colored my hair but I told her I'd like to be a blonde (don't think I can pull that off [smilie=th_laughing]) or auburn. So maybe next time! Lolol Then off to the doctors. Toe is indeed busted and after two weeks walking on it, it's pushing on the nerve which is causing numbness as well. He gave me a cortisone shot and a wrapping and he says I'm good to go...until/if  it bothers me enough...then I can get surgery to take one of the bones out. We shall see.

You ladies have some nice scents going.

Michele....I am very pleased with Little Blue Coop. I am getting a great throw. I loved the Blackberry Waffle scent....the Fig and Cassis was a bit floral for me although pleasant. I have a 10% off coupon from them...I know was supposed to start my Stash Clearout/Mega Dent endeavor right away....but....ummm.....[smilie=th_Whistle]

Today it's CFOW Velvet Pear - Fresh Pear, Vanilla Bean Noel and Clean Cotton. Really liking this one and it's a lovely bright green.

Upstairs it's been BL Tobacco Leaves but I added Rockets Raspberry Butterscotch Rum Brittle to weaken it a little...was so strong...and I really like this blend.

Have a nice evening.

Well hello everyone,

You all have been busy melting so many beautiful scents.  It's lovely to read through your posts.  I'm sorry to have been MIA.  I haven't been feeling quite myself, a bit sad about the coming retirement, and missing the hospital group which is on pause due to Covid.   But life is all about change... This too shall pass!  Two full months of work yet to enjoy, music to learn, and wax to melt.... And, most importantly, friends to talk with. Please forgive me for hiding away for so long.

Mag, Cannoli is growing so fast!  I hope she is doing well.  And I think short hair would look amazing on you.  I'm so glad your daughter tested negative for Covid.  I'm happy you made a dent in your summer stash and are getting good throw from some older wax, amazing!  You always find interesting vendors for us to try.

Michele, it was fabulous to get together with you and your husband.  We had a beautiful day and the timing was great with the weather letting us eat outside.  I'm sorry you are closing up the beach house for the winter. You've been getting through a lot of wax, too - and I'm glad that VRC sampler from last year is nice and strong.

Sharon, I'm sorry you are in lockdown again.  I guess this is happening all over the world in various spots, and I'm sure that after our elections the US will do it too, as our numbers are trending the wrong way again.  Hopefully there will be a vaccine in due time and I'd rather they get it right than rush.  Strange times, but this too shall pass.

Susan, it's lovely to see you and I hope you are doing well.  I hope that you and your clients are healthy and I can imagine it's tough with long hours of mask-wearing.  I hope you have some beautiful wax to keep your spirits up.

I'm still traveling for work most weeks, and we continue to be in masks full time, necessary as numbers everywhere seem to be increasing.  I had a reprieve this week and have been enjoying the time at home, kind of a dress rehearsal for the months ahead.  I walk for an hour every morning and the leaves are so colorful, and falling more every day.

I've slowed down my melting and typically change the melters only once a day.  I'm enjoying it much more this way and am appreciating the scents in more detail.  As you may know, I went on an ordering frenzy recently ("retirement wax" is the current excuse) and the drawers are nearing capacity, so with slower melting I truly do need to slow my roll.  But so many beautiful vendors!  So much wonderful wax!

Well yesterday it was:

The Bunny Sisters Campfire Tales - suede and Tabac, marshmallow fireside, wood and earth - such a beautiful smoky, earthy scent and it lasted forever.

1803 Vineyard - thank you Mag for this beautiful wax, you are too kind! - the site doesn't list the scent notes but I'm thinking there must be some grape there, sweet and STRONG and it lasted for hours and hours, wonderful!  Ruh roh, another excellent vendor!

That's it for now.  Some work calls today and then next week back on the road.  I've been taking my guitar with me, and sometimes my keyboard, and it helps keep my spirits up.

Hugs to all of you. ❤️

Happy Sunday everyone. Meltng: Ginny by L 3 waxy wonders

Coffee Pumpkin Pecan Waffles Don't cross streams, by L3, if you like coffee this scent is for you. Both of these were in her mystery box.

Candle: Fig by Woodwick.  Have a great day.

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is well. Michele, we are thinking about you and your family and I hope the memorial for your dad went well yesterday.

Susan, it's good to see you! That L3 Don't Cross Streams is one of my favorite scents and it blends with everything.  

I'm making carrot cake for Steve's birthday and I forgot that this is a little bit labor intensive.  The kitchen looks like a bomb went off so I have some cleanup to do. I also see that I have forgotten confectioner's sugar for the icing so there is a little trip up to the store involved. 😒However it smells good in here and for once it's real food rather than wax.

Take care everybody! 😘❤️

Hello!

It’s been a very busy week!

Chaotic week here. My son in law has been in the hospital since Wednesday with stomach issues and he’s finally feeling better and on the road to recovery.  I think he might be coming home later. 

We finally had a memorial and a luncheon for my Dad yesterday. It has been 6 months since he passed away.  We finally had some closure. It was a beautiful day.

My husband and I are heading out to dinner soon.  We are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary which was this past Monday.

I have been melting some great wax.

Right now it’s The Bunny Sisters Stranger Things.  Great scent.  I’m enjoying this. It’s PPW, Coffee, Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies and Cornbread.  I love the Blackberry in this.  Upstairs is RG American Cream.  Beautiful and going almost 24 hours.  I have found RG to have a great throw and long lasting.  Thank you generous CF friend!!

Yesterday was ST Charlie.  This is Cream Soda, Pralines and Caramel Pecans.  Yesterday my DH was looking for something and found a missing Sterlite shoe box of ST clamshells that I thought had disappeared.  I looked for them for quite awhile.  The mystery is now solved.

i also melted from Bohemienne Life Mere. This was a beautiful scent.  Thanks you CF friend for the introduction to another wonderful vendor.

I also enjoyed VRC Raid the Fridge. I bought this in her store when Amy and I took a little road trip last year. This combo of a Mexican Fried Iced Cream, Cornbread and Caramel Mac Apples was super strong and lasted all day.

Lastly was VCS Ghosts & Apparitions which was Pumpkin Cookie Monster.  Wonderful!

Happy Sunday!