The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Screaming Scents of October (October 2020)

Hi All!

Great title Maggie! I love it!

I am trying to get through my last year's Fall Sampler from VRC .  It’s Cinnamon Sugar Corn Pudding today.   This is Funnel Cake and Sugar Corn Pudding.  

Have a nice day!

Thanks Michele! 😉

I can't believe it's already October! Wow...times sure flies.

Michele and Amy...you two are so lucky to be able to visit together. What a fun time you will have![smilie=th_aa20]

Its Blue Winter by Empire Alchemy...Twisted Winter (twisted peppermint, patchouli, black pepper, vanilla, toasted marshmallow, smoldered woods) and Blue Sugar. Trying to scavenge any cooler weather scents that have found their way into my summer stash. This fits the bill and smells wonderful! 💕

Have a great day! 

Great title Maggie. That Blue Winter sounds lovely, as does yours Michele. 

We've just got back from a few days away, it was nice to have a change of scenery. 

Not melting today, recently I've rediscovered incense sticks, so I'm burning Egyptian Musk. I can smell it through the house. 

Good Saturday Morning![smilie=th_blij51]

Thanks Sharon. Now you've got me thinking about incense sticks...I used to love those scents. So calming. [smilie=cloud_9]

My eldest DD came home yesterday and needed some Fall wax...so I lugged out the boxes...I wish she took more. LOL [smilie=th_aa17] This morning it is very chilly...about 45 degrees so I pulled from those nice cozy scents...

Ten Digit Creations Witches Brew/Patchouli/Cabin in the Smokies....I'm gonna miss her wonderful earthy blend creations. 
Have a nice weekend.

Good Morning!

That TDC scent smells wonderful!
Melting a great scent today from EA-Headless Horseman. This is Charred Pumpkin Flesh, Burnt Marshmallows, Dry Sweeping Leaves, Amber and Santal. Love this!  I am loving everything from this vendor. Such unique scents!  Thank you Maggie. 
It’s a chilly 55 degrees at the beach house. We are getting the house ready for winter today.  I hate having to put all the furniture away and covering everything in the house. It’s sad. We will try to come down a few times over the winter but something always comes up. It’s beautiful down here this time of year. 
Maggie-I’m glad your DD took some of your Fall wax. I told my DD that’s living with me now to please take lots of wax with her when she moves. It would help me out and she could get to enjoy it. 
Happy Saturday to all!

Happy Sunday!
I hope everyone is doing well today. It’s been awfully quiet here. 
Today I am melting a very old one from  CFTKR - Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake. It’s still throwing. Carol’s wax lasts a long time and it still smells good.  Overnight and still going is a sample from EA- The Autumn People which is, Wet Leaves, Autumn Squash, Oak, Sage and Greenery. Wonderful and strong !

Hope you all have a great day!

Good Monday Afternoon.

Michele... that sounds like an interesting scent! [smilie=th_happy096]

I spent the morning switching up my wax. Always fun and I was happy to see that I made a slight dent in the summer wax...I didn't need to stuff the plastic boxes to the gills that are going into the closet. Of course, the fall wax is really jammed into the wax cabinet...and I have some more on the way. [smilie=th_Whistle] 

I started the day with Pumpkin Pecan Waffles by Nancy's....surprisingly it had ZERO throw...and since it's a paraffin and "only" 3 years old...I was shocked. I hope all of them aren't duds....I have a lot of stuff from her still...I might try to melt them ASAP to see. Dumped that quickly and now it's Glazed Cinnamon Donuts by World of Wax and Sudz. This is throwing like a champ and it's from 11/2014! I can't believe this is 6 years old and smells great. This must be one of my oldest tarts...and I have a few more scents from that order to use so I'm glad they still throw. I bought them in giant bags of gingerbread men so it's slow going to use them up.

Have a great day.

Hi All!

Maggie-I spent the morning going through some of my newer wax and pulling out some Fall scents to melt.  I have to go through my older wax and get more. Hope I can make a dent because there is a lot.  

Melting VCS The Great Pumpkin’s Post from 2018.  Still a pretty strong throw.  This is Pumpkin Layer Cake Cream Cheese Frosting Zucchini Bread VBN. This was from The Great Pumpkin Sampler. Still have a few left I need to dig out. 

In the bedroom is a sample from EA-Trampled Linen. This is Clothesline Laundry, Fresh Dirt, Torn Grass and Ozone.  This vendor has such great blends!

Evening all! 

It's been a dreary rainy day here today. And chilly. 

Decided to go for fruity today, strawberry in fact. 

Strawberry Bon Bon by The Little Big Wax Co 

Strawberry White Cake by The Enchanted Wisp Wax Emporium 

Hope every one is well. 

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is doing well. It’s a beautiful day here.  I love this time of year.  

Today it’s L3 Pumpkin Cream Cheese Rolls Butterbrickle Nilla Wafers. 

Have a great day all!

Hello All.

I love this time of year too Michele...it's sunny and 68 degrees....a perfect day for short sleeves or a light jacket...either way works...so lovely. :flirtysmile4:

Sharon...your strawberry theme sounds nice....I decided on apple today. 🍎

All Vintage Road Candles

Apple Butter - apple berry, bakes apples, cinnamon and vanilla spices

Applewood & Pearberry- applewood, fern, apple berry and pear berry 

Baked Apple Pie - hot buttered blueberry muffins, baked apple pie

Smells wonderful in here. Have a good one.

Good Morning!

Maggie-Were all your VRC scents from the Fall Sampler?  I think I have all of them.  I melted the Applewood & Pearberry the other day and it was wonderful.  

Today it’s SGA Coffee with Friends. This is Coffee house, Lattes, soft baked pretzels and hazelnut cream. 

Overnight it was The Bunny Sisters Salty Succulent. This is Cactus and sea salt, sea salt and Yuzu, Fresh florals.  Wonderful and strong after almost 24 hours.

Have a great day Everyone!

Good morning!

Michele...I think I was from the Autumn Harvest Sampler from a few years ago....maybe 2018? 

I pulled some Swanky tarts that have been in my rotation for years...finally getting to melting them and they seem to be throwing fine....Pumpkin  Pecan Waffles and Pumpkin Cheesecake...however, the cheesecake is the sour kind so I'm changing them for some other oldies...Scentfully Addictive in Pistachio Pudding Cake and Apple Caramel Crisp Zucchini Bread. Let's see how they do.

Have a good one. 

21 hours ago, MaggieMae said:

Hello All.

I love this time of year too Michele...it's sunny and 68 degrees....a perfect day for short sleeves or a light jacket...either way works...so lovely. :flirtysmile4:

Sharon...your strawberry theme sounds nice....I decided on apple today. 🍎

All Vintage Road Candles

Apple Butter - apple berry, bakes apples, cinnamon and vanilla spices

Applewood & Pearberry- applewood, fern, apple berry and pear berry 

Baked Apple Pie - hot buttered blueberry muffins, baked apple pie

Smells wonderful in here. Have a good one.

All the apples, lol. That Applewood & Pear Berry sounds delicious. 

Greetings

Sharon...I think that one smelled amazing...I'm on a pear kick lately!🍐

Michele...omg...what an adorable name for a tart! What does that smell like?

Today I finally dug into my Nellies Acres tarts from last Fall...
Spiced Pumpkin Pie...her tarts are sooooo stinking cute...can't wait till it fully melts.

Have a great day.

10 hours ago, MaggieMae said:

Michele...omg...what an adorable name for a tart! What does that smell like?

It’s Bear Claws mixed with a Sweet Pumpkin Blend. 

Good Saturday Morning

Thanks Michele...sounds delicious!

Its very quiet around here lately. [smilie=th_thsecret]

Well....I was wrong...I found tarts older than 2014.[smilie=th_paper-bag] My clams from 1803 Candles are from 2013. I've been saving half of the clams because I didn't want to run out and just realized they'll go bad if I don't use them...didn't realize they were that old. I put on Wood Stove Pie and it's super strong! Since they are still in business, I'll use up what I have cause I can get more. [smilie=th_aa17]
Have a good one.

Good morn everyone. Melting today: Amber Vanilla by Mystical.

Candle: Lemon Butter Pound Cake by Cheerful Giver

Hope everyone is doing ok. Have a great Saturday.

Afternoon all

Melting Under the Sea by The Enchanted Wisp Wax Emporium today

How are you all. My nearest town has gone into lockdown🙄 I live on the outskirts of it, we are not in lockdown, just the built up areas. We can only enter for work, school, college or University or if we need to go to the doctors. 

My parents and sister live there so I don't know when I will see them again. 

Hope you're all well 

Good Morning and Afternoon all.

Sharon....I'm sorry to hear about that lockdown! :icon_cry:  Was it sudden? I hope you will be able to see your family very soon. I suppose their numbers are going up again... they are here too.  [smilie=th_cha66]

Today it's wonderful tarts from a talented friend we haven't seen in a while..[smilie=th_cry2yw3]
Gingersnap Pumpkin, Drunkin Pumpkin and Toasted Pumpkin Marshmallow SCD

[smilie=th_cc15]Thank you!
Have a nice Sunday.

Good Morning to all!

I had a lovely day yesterday visiting with Amy and her husband Steve. My husband and I met them for lunch and then we took a ferry boat ride to Kentucky and walked around.  We later went to Amy’s home where she cooked us a great dinner which we ate outside and enjoyed on a beautiful night.  Great day and we enjoyed every minute.   Thank you!!

Sharon-I guess the virus has gotten worse and the town where your parents and sister live has gone into lockdown. Hope it improves soon.  This virus is difficult to control.  Just when we think it’s getting better the numbers increase again.  

Hi Susan-It’s good to see you. You are melting some lovely scents.  

Maggie-Glad your clams still had lots of scent.  It’s always hit or miss when they are that old. 

Today I am melting from RM-Coffee Made Me Do It.  This is Cafe Espresso, Lavender, Sugar Cookie and Whipped Cream.  I love this scent.  This was a sample I received.  Overnight I melted RG and it’s still going - Alice in Slumberland.  This is Sweet Lavender, Cotton Candy and Whipped Cream. This was a gift from a lovely CF friend.  Just beautiful!

Have a great Sunday all!!