The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

September’s Soothing Scents - September 2020

Hello All...

Yes Michele, summer is dwindling away. We closed the pool today and packed up the bottom deck. Sad. I'll wait to pack the top deck until sometime in October unless it calls for snow before then...doubtful. Although one year it snowed right before Halloween and collapsed my original gazebos. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]I'll have to keep an eye out. It's nice to sit outside even when it's chilly.

Thinking of you all....hope you are safe.

Its Sassy Wax Melts in Earthen Ninja- bamboo, oranges and patchouli. I'm not usually a big bamboo person but this combo is lovely.

Good morning everyone,

I hope everyone is well.  It sounds as though you all are melting beautiful scents.  

Another 8-hour drive yesterday but the weather was beautiful.  And there's the first hint of leaves starting to fall.  I'm reluctant to let go of summer this year.

Mag, I do understand your rationale behind the tiling. 🤗 That's a lot of hard work... As well as putting the pool and patio to bed for the year.  I can't believe you slept through an earthquake but that just shows how tired you must have been!  As for Empire Alchemy... I'm in love.  Beautiful blends!  I'm so glad you found her for us!

Michele, my heart goes out to you, packing up your father's house.  That's a lot of work and it is heart-rending... And that generation saved every little tiny piece of everything.  Hugs to you. 

Sharon, your wax sounds beautiful.  Update on the haircut please!  Mine continues to grow... And a very belated Happy Birthday to your DH!!

I have two melters in the hotel - one in the bathroom, one in the bedroom - and it's:

Empire Alchemy Get Lost - Febreze Hawaiian Aloha, Gummi Bears - another gorgeous and unusual combination - the laundry in the Febreze saves this one from being overly sweet and I love it.  

Destination Wax Lavender Manuka Honey - lavender, bergamot, and New Zealand honey - this is herbal and beautiful.  Another vendor I can't get enough of, and it's a good thing the website is closed until October.

I'm on a "ban" again bit I guess it's more of a "low buy"..…lather, rinse, repeat!

Debra, Valerie, Susan - hello to all of you and don't be a stranger....❤️... like I have been...

Work will be busy for the next few months, but that's a good thing.  I am renting the car by the month since it's going to be every week again... The only thing they had left last week at the little rental near us was a huge minivan, lol, which DH has named The Lusitania.  They said I could switch it for something smaller, but now that it has a name, I've grown a bit attached to it.  It's the same price for any size because it's through work... Anchors Aweigh!

Take care all and happy melting. ❤️❤️❤️

Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe 

Amy... Can't believe you travel 8 hours...you are a trooper! Even when the scenery is lovely....it must be draining. I hope you can look forward to your work load lightening up at some point...as for your minivan....[smilie=th_slider_brent]The Lusitania?? [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] Toooooo funny!! I used to drive a minivan....OH.....I hated that thing but with four kids...I had no choice in the matter.  At least you are a bit safer inside there...anchors aweigh for sure!! [smilie=th_aa17] 
Today has started off chilly and wet as these September days do around here so I decided to pull from the fall box...and I'm glad I did because it's delectable...

Empanada by Bohemienne Life....Pumpkin, Cream cheese, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. 💕

Have a nice day all and stay safe. 

Good morning all,

Well the week is going by quickly.  So far so good and tomorrow I drive home.  Having the keyboard and guitar along really help me relax in the evenings.

Mag I think it's so funny that you hated your minivan... They're just so...big and ungainly.  But yes, with four kids you truly needed it - with all their backpacks and clothes and sports gear - you had to.   I've gotten used to this beast now, and at least I can always find it in the parking lot.

It also comes in handy in another way... I've been taking boxes to the Salvation Army en route.  We have a storage locker with things we have not looked at in years and it is time to lighten the load.  I'm taking three or four boxes a week and my goal is to get out of that locker.  We were going to do a big garage sale but it just seems like too much work.  

It's much cooler in the mornings now and I'm actually looking forward to fall wax.  Yesterday I was in the Walmart here and I did wander down the wax aisle but didn't buy anything, wonder of wonders.  WoodWick has some lovely new melts - Spiced Blackberry, Pumpkin Butter, and Wood Smoke - all beautiful, but it's fair to say I already have a few things just like those.  *Sigh*

Well I don't know if it's the airtightness of the hotel room here or what, but I only need a tiny piece of wax to fill the room.  So I'm not making much of a dent this week.  However, there have been some great scents.

This morning it's a repeat because I like it so well:

Empire Alchemy Get Lost - Febreze Hawaiian Aloha and Gummi Bears - fresh and lightly fruity and laundry, really love this.

Last night was:

TBG Teaberry Bubblegum - wintergreen and bubblegum - and I liked it a lot at first but I have to say I needed to move on within a couple of hours.  If you think about the old Teaberry gum, it's that same effect and it's fun, but it's kind of biting and a short time was enough.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday.  Are you folks starting to haul out the fall decorations?  I think I will get out the pumpkin warmers next week. 🎃 Take care everybody! 💖

Good morning all

Amy, 8 hour drive! Oh wow!  Putting that into perspective for me is that you've driven from Lands End which is the furthest point in Cornwall to 2 hours before you get to John O'Groats which is the furthest point in Scotland. That's about 10 hours I think! I admire you greatly. Your wax sounds lovely as usual. Hair update, had it cut yesterday and I feel 10lbs lighter, lol. 

Hope everything is well with everyone. We've had a mini heatwave these past few days, in the late 60s to early 70s degree wise. To us, that's a heatwave! It's been rather lovely to be able to not wear a coat again. 

This morning I'm melting Lavender Bellini by Darley Lama. Very calming but fruity as well. 

Good Morning!

Amy-That’s some drive every week!   

Sharon-Glad you got to get that hair cut lol. 

My Dad’s house is finally empty.  The closing is set for Monday.  

Yesterday I melted VCS Ya Filthy Animal.  This was Hot Cinnamon Orange Danish and Cream Cheese Frosting.  Great scent throw and lasted all day. Today it’s TBG Banshee Dreams. It’s Frosted Pumpkin Cupcakes, Rich dark Expresso coconut and white vanilla Marshmallow.  It’s a nice scent but not that strong. 

I am meeting some friends for lunch this afternoon.  

Have a good day all!

Good Friday Morning!

Amy...great idea to bring the guitar and keyboard with you when you travel! I'm sure that helps with any stress that might pop up. Safe travels to you today!

Sharon...congrats on your haircut! I know that feels sooooo good! I can't wait to get mine properly styled by my hairdresser since my own cutting is pretty bad...however, I'm still trying to wait a bit longer.

Michele...make sure you take lots of pictures and good luck at the closing. I hope you had a nice lunch with your friends.

Today I'm rewarming what I had on last night...it's CFOW Washing Day in Paris -  BBW Sweet On Paris (blackberry, lemon, vanilla), clean cotton and blackberry.  This is so lovely and super strong....I could have used one chunk in the entire house. [smilie=th_1_bigone110]
Have a nice one.

Good morning all!

Taking a quick break on the drive back to stretch my legs.  I've been on the road for about 4 hours and since it is very cloudy and foggy, my view is not the most spectacular but it's an easy drive without much traffic.

Michele, I know it is a big relief to have your father's house finally cleared out, but it is a bittersweet moment as well and my heart goes out to you.  I love the name of that VCS Filthy Animal blend. 😂🤣

Sharon and Mag, congratulations on your haircuts...Doesn't it feel like your head will just float away, when it's been a while since the last trim? Lol. I don't have the courage to trim the back of mine by myself so it continues to grow. I actually am liking it a little longer but I need some help with the layers and the bangs and the angling of the bottom... and that will just have to wait.

This morning I have in the car a little silicone liner cup that I use sometimes on the road from my wax because it makes it easy to change, and in it is:

Destination Wax Lavender & Manuka Honey - from the other day... This is just such a gorgeous blend.  I have the little liner cup sitting on the dashboard by the air vent and it is blowing the lovely scent through the car.  Ahhhhhhh ❤️❤️❤️

I think I have about 4 hours to go and I am listening to an assortment of music...lots of classic rock and fusion guitar that I will never be able to play, lol!  Jeff Beck...I got to hear him live about 20 years ago and ohhhhhh...🎵🎶🎵

Have a great day everybody and happy Friday! 🥰❤️💖

Good Morning!

It’s quiet here.  Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weekend.

Thank you Amy and Maggie about my dad’s house.  I will take the good memories with me.  

Amy-I’m glad you enjoy your ride.  I’m happy you get to listen to your music during the ride and really get to enjoy it.   Safe travels this week!

Yesterday I melted a great scent from VRC.  It was Warm Patchouli.  This was Vanilla Pumpkin Pie, Rich Vanilla, Black Pepper, Bergamot, Patchouli. This morning it’s a sample from VCS-Hello Lydia.  This is Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow and Cinnamon Sugared Donut.  Smells wonderful.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Good Morning all...been busy with more house chores. Painting the hallways from downstairs to upstairs...it was a comedy show trying to paint above the stairs...lol. Couldn't find the roller extension so I built myself one....which, as you can guess, fell apart while the roller was filled to capacity... :sEm_oops2: Thank goodness my DD was there to grab it before it came crashing onto the carpet. Finally found the extension but now the question is....how do I get the ceiling line? Day three and I'm hoping to figure that out. Think I'm done painting after this. [smilie=th_a136]

Amy...you saw Jeff Beck? That must have been awesome! I'd love driving to those solos any day! I'm figuring you are on the road again...I hope you have a lovely drive.

Michele...that's a beautiful way to put it...taking your memories with you. [smilie=th_LOVE] Your scents sound wonderful...glad you enjoyed them.

The mornings have been so chilly here but by afternoon it's still short sleeve weather...so I'll try to wait a bit longer to switch out my scents for cooler weather ones. Found some lovely earthy ones in my summer stash that's perfect for now...

L3 He Who Shall Not Be Named- Lord of Misrule & Pomegranate Noi ...I could get a loaf of this....I love LOM and I love Pom....so the combo is amazing. 

Have a good one. I hope all of our friends are safe and well.

Good morning, all! 

We are changing the process for taking SOTD thread title suggestions as of this month. We'll have one running thread that we will just add the suggestions to each month. Please see the new thread here & leave your suggestions for October: 

Thanks & hope everyone is staying safe! 

Good Morning!

Maggie-Do you have your scents sorted by season?  I never thought of doing it that way. Mine are all mixed together by vendor.  

The closing went well yesterday.  I’m glad for that.  

Melting today L3 Fresh Baked Bread Brown Sugar Sweet Cream.  Smells great. I have a few older melts from this vendor to get through and then I will start melting all my newer orders I bought this summer. 

Have a great day everyone and stay safe!

Good Afternoon.

Yes, Michele...I can only fit half of my wax in my wax cabinet in the family room so I've decided to keep the summer/spring wax separate from the fall/winter wax. I change them out when the season changes...and keep the wax I'm not using in tubs in the closet. My goal is to be able to fit ALL of my wax in the cabinet at once! That would be amazing but unlikely unless I stop buying wax for 1,245 years. [smilie=th_yellow5]

Its SGA Funnel Cake Cookie Monster Strawberry White Cake

and upstairs it's Swanky  Lavender Paris

Good morning all!

Another week is moving briskly along.  I'm so happy for the cooler mornings. Driving home tomorrow rather than Friday because we should finish today.

Mag... Please be careful painting up so high...I know you are cautious but gee whiz... We are not 25 anymore... And not buying wax for 1,245 years is maybe a long time, when I can't even get through one month...I love LOM from L3 so that must be amazing with the pomegranate!  And yes - Jeff Beck was incredible.  I actually went to see Santana, and it was spur of the moment... This must have been 25 years ago... And Jeff Beck was opening for him. I wasn't familiar with him and I just lost my mind over his playing... For me, his part of the concert surpassed Santana, who I love... The soaring melody lines... His tone... And I love him to this day.  I was so lucky to get to see him.  Maybe again...❤️

Michele, I'm so happy the closing went well.  Also yes... We carry the memories with us. ❤️ Big hugs my friend.   Your L3 sounds like one from her bakery sampler - amazing.  Enjoy!!

Cyn, thank you for keeping us rolling... You do a lot behind the scenes and I know we all appreciate it!! I hope you are doing well.  What are you melting or burning these days?

So it's been:

Destination Wax Lavender Mint - herbal and gorgeous - and so strong.

Rainbow Melts Warm Sweater - brown sugar, fig, cotton - this is lovely but it needed a little something something - so I added one cube of YC Spiced Pumpkin and it is perfect for me now.

I've been playing music every day in the hotel and this is really helping me keep my spirits up.

Take care everybody and stay safe.  Susan, Sharon, Honeybear, let us know how you are doing. 💖💞

Good Morning!

Amy-I am glad you are heading home tomorrow. You seem to be becoming quite a blender.  Sounds delicious. 

Today it’s VRC Pumpkin Nog from her Fall Sampler of last year. I found I still had almost the entire Sampler.  Lots of melting to do.

Enjoy the day all!

Good afternoon all, we've had a week of lovely weather and today it's raining. I'm feeling quite chilly today. 

Today I'm melting

Illusions by Scentsationals

Unicorn Farts by the Enchanted Wisp Wax Emporium 

Have a lovely day everyone 

Hi Everybody!

I hope you are all doing well.  

Today I’m melting VCS Autumn in Salem which is Pumpkin Cinnamon Sugared Donut.  It’s 2 years old and has a very strong throw.   Love it!

Hello All.

Michele...isn't it wonderful when old wax still throws great? :sFun_mango:

Sharon...are you feeling ok? I hope its just the change in the weather and you're not getting sick. [smilie=yes] 

Amy...I hope your drive home was nice and uneventful. Welcome back! Yes...I was very careful with the painting...no ladders....just long extension poles this time around. It's not the best job but it's done and it looks....ok. [smilie=th_cha66] Well....it looks "good enough". Lol You went to see Santana too? Holy moly....lucky night! I love Santana! 
I've been melting Vanilla Sandalwood by Rockets.

Time to change the wax...Empire Alchemy in Wanderlust...💕❤️💕 Fresh Mint, Cotton Candy, Mint Mojito and Coconut. ❤️

Goodnight.

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well.  

Maggie-I love when old wax throws great.  It’s great not to feel like I wasted my money by letting it sit too long  

Today I am melting SMT Vanilla Hazelnut Mocha.  This is wonderful.  Very strong throw. Most is what I have melted from this vendor threw very well.  

Happy Friday!

Good Morning!

Where is everybody? It’s very quiet here.

Melting today SGA Pink Chiffon Zucchini Sugar Cookies and in the bedroom it is CFTKR Sweet and Yummy.

Enjoy your Sunday all!

Good Sunday Morning!

I hope all are well! 
I was trying to burn the last of two BBW Fall candles and the wicks were so puny and kept going out...so I decided to cut them up. They are doing great as melts!

Leaves is one of my favorite scents ever and I’m glad the chopping worked. Still going after 24 hours...Have a good one.