The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

September’s Soothing Scents - September 2020

Thanks to candlelove for this month's scent of the day thread title! I've posted this thread a little ahead of time. Feel free to continue to use the August thread and start posting on this one on Tuesday, September 1st. Enjoy! 

Good Morning!

I can’t believe we are in September already!  

Time sure does fly.  

I am melting SMT Blackberry Caramel Latte in the main area and VRC Lavender Cotton Candy in the bedroom. 

Enjoy your day everyone !!

Perfect thread title Michele! [smilie=yes] I need some soothing scents!

Its scary to think that 6 months have passed since I left school abruptly due to this virus. Time sure does fly!

Its TSGS in Cabin Fever - pineapple, strawberry, vanilla, coconut & orange juice.

Have a good one.

Morning all, every month I keep saying I'm going to be more active on here then life gets in the way! 

This morning I'm in a Darley Lama mood so I'm melting 

Apple Blossom & Sandalwood

Bite Me (from her Halloween box from last year) 

Avobath

Have a lovely day everyone 😊

Good Morning!

LOL Sharon...that's how it is, right? I hope you're busy with good things!

Today it's...

The Wiltern by Empire Alchemy - Midsummer Night Type, Smoked Vanilla, Pink Sugar...this is earthy and lovely...not very cologney which is good.

Rain Barrel & Cucumber by CFOW...nice.

Have a safe and happy day.

Good Morning!

Sharon-Glad to see you posting.  

Today I'm Melting VCS Lavender Cream Cookie Monster. This is throwing beautifully. I’m shocked at how strong this is after almost 2 years old. This wax just gets stronger the older it is.   

In the bedroom it’s The Bunny Sisters Campfire Tales. This is suede and tabac, Marshmallow fireside, wood and earth.  

Have a nice day!

Good Morning!

Melting SGA Coffee House Pretzels. Need something here to wake me up.  

In the bedroom melting the last of the VCS Lavender Cream Cookie Monster.

Enjoy the day all!

Morning All.

I started the morning with an oldie from March of 2016!!!!! It was Avas "3 Ring Circus"....that wax was soooooo strong that I got a massive headache and needed to turn the melters off. Crazy. It's a very sweet blend which didn't help but I am amazed. The only other wax that has stood the test of time for me is CFTKR[smilie=th_happy096]

So now it's VRC Olive Lavender Shaving Cream...this wax is gorgeous....pale green with chunks of pale blue and lavender. 💕 Smells lovely and clean.

Have a great day. 😊

Good Morning!

Yes Maggie I agree.  I have some CFTKR that’s about 10 years old and it’s still throwing. My VCS has been holding up as well.  What were the scent notes of that 3 Ring Circus?

Today it’s VRC Bourbon and Oud in the main area and an L3 sample Lord of Misrule Sugar Cookie Royale Don’t Cross Streams in the bedroom.  I’m loving all these scents today.   

Enjoy your day !

Good morning all,

Well, that week went by in a flash.  We had the house treated for termites yesterday... It was a preventive measure because we had had a leak under the fridge which was repaired a few weeks ago, and we had some damp wood removed that had some little bugs in it, not sure what they were, but I panicked.  The technician yesterday said he saw no evidence of termites but I'm in the camp of "an ounce of prevention...". I love this house and it's probably the one we will stay in for the rest of our lives.

Mag, can it be six months since you were at your school?  In some ways time has stood still and in other ways the weeks have just disappeared.  All your wax sounds lovely...VRC, CFOW, EA.  I remember that VRC Olive Lavender Shaving Cream. ❤️

Michele, I'm glad the VCS is holding up.  I haven't ordered from her in awhile but in the spring I want to order some of her ginger ale scents.

Sharon, lovely to see you on here and I keep hoping that one day we all will somehow meet in person... Once this virus is under control...I am not planning on flying until that's true.

Well yesterday I had a melt from RG with beautiful base notes - Herb Patch and Oak Moss - but which had some amber in it that was way too strong for me.  So I ended up trying lots of other scents with it and making a scent shot cup sampler - combos with Cranberry, Rosemary Mint, Satsuma, Lemon Confection, Campfire Marshmallow, or Vanilla Ice Cream.   I have never played with blending before and it was so much fun!   What other scents would you have tried here??  Of the bunch, I would say that the Cranberry and the Rosemary Mint were my favorites.  Mag, you are our expert Blender-in-Residence and now I see why you enjoy this!   I felt like the mad scientist... The termite man was in and out of the house and didn't say anything about all the different aromas...🤣

So all night I've had a candle under the lamp:

Homeworx Farmstand Strawberry - and this is a very realistic sweet strawberry and very strong, delicious.  

I hope everyone will have a beautiful Labor Day weekend, and stay safe out there. Hugs all around!

Hello All!

Amy-I have missed your posts!!

It is good to do preventative maintenance on your house. You don’t want a problem that could have been avoided.  I give you credit for trying your hand at blending. I know I would be terrible at it. Glad you had success and that you enjoyed it. 

Melted for 24 hours straight and it could have gone more. This was a new to me vendor called Blended with Love. The scent was Ocean Pearls. This was Palo Santo, Vanilla Lace and Golden Sands.  Just beautiful. 

Tonight it’s L3 Pink Sugar. Pink Chiffon, Vanilla Clean Cotton.  This was a sample I received and it’s pretty so far. 

Good Night All.  I hope you are all enjoying your holiday weekend. 

Good Morning all...I hope all of our friends are safe and well.

Amy...glad to read your posts...missing them. [smilie=yes]Sorry to hear about a new house expense ...there are so many termites in my area...probably because of the woods. We've needed to treat both of the houses we've owned here. And...Good for you with the blending!!! [smilie=th_shewiggle]Did you find something you'd like to custom? 
Michele...nice with the 24 hour wax life!! [smilie=th_dancing_smile] I love when that happens!

Well...it's been a very busy weekend so far. We ripped up the laundry room floor on Friday and laid the membrane. Yesterday I painted the room and laid the tile that the DH cut. I think we will have to wait until tomorrow to grout and then install the washer and dryer that's currently in my DD bedroom. Can't wait to finally get my laundry room back with a washer that doesn't overflow!! Thank goodness this little puppy is so good....she took a nap while I was tiling. I must admit...I am too old for this...we've got other rooms to do but my body can't take it. Cheapskate DH doesn't want to pay for labor, but I'm the one laboring too hard. Lol.
I also cut my hair off....lol. It was dry and had too many split ends. Now I have a helmet. :sFun_crazypilot:It's all good.

Yesterday and today it's the last if my own blend from OPT called Flower Child - Patchouli, lavender and Winter (Orange, lemon, allspice, clove, pine, cinnamon and moss).💕

Have a good day. 

Good morning all! 7am and up early ish today, didn't sleep well last night so when my Oh got up at 6 for work I thought I'd get up too. Eating breakfast watching some wax hauls from over your side on you tube. 

Maggie, busy weekend for you by the sounds of things, glad it's all sorted now. Speaking of hair, I'm in desperate need of a cut to sort my lockdown hair. Remember last time I cut it really short because we were going into lockdown in March. I'm in need now though. Plus, one benefit of lockdown was it made me do something I've wanted for while, and that is embrace my greys, lol. Last colour was March. 

Amy, glad the termites have gone. 

Second melting of Apple Blossom and Sandalwood by Darley Lama today, its quite strong, its beautiful. 

Hope you're all well ladies. 

Good Evening All!

Sharon...[smilie=th_23_32_7]Embrace those greys! I'm sure you look [smilie=th_fabulous1]! Any good wax hauls you can recommend? I used to watch them constantly but most of the folks I used to love watching don't do them any more and some of the newer people are kinda annoying. [smilie=th_fear8]

I decided on some coffee scents this morning...a lovely change of pace and I'm rewarming them this evening.

Dr. Finkelstein by She Loves Cake - sugar cookies and pumpkin caramel latte

Mrs. Claus Coffee Bean Noel Boo Berry by Haleys Heavenly Scents...[smilie=th_cry2yw3]...missing that dear woman. 
Have a nice evening.

Hello all!

On break at work.   Thank you for the kind words about the termites.  We also have a relatively wet area which used to be farm fields, with a high water table, and the little guys love moist conditions.  I was happy when the termite man (I should call him something better but don't know what) said that our crawl space is lovely and dry.   The house is guaranteed for 5 years now and I will retreat after that.

Sharon, I strongly believe we should embrace our grey hair.  To me, grey hair is very pretty and I've been delighted the last few years when grey was actually a trendy color.  My mother's hair went completely white as she aged and I always thought it was beautiful.

Mag, I can't believe it's your job to lay tile... This is a big job... Hard on the back... I'm afraid I would go on strike... I'm glad your little puppy is there to give you comfort!!  So many beautiful scents, also.  And congrats on trimming your own hair!!  I have no ability in this area..😱 my hair is also getting long but I may leave it for awhile.  Thanks on the blending encouragement...I have a few ideas but as usual they involve peppermint and marshmallow fireside. 🤣🤦

Today it's

Ava's Sunny Buns - piña colada with added banana, very tropical and I love it - strong throw and perfect for end of summer vibes.

Stay safe everyone!

Good Afternoon...

Its Rosegirls Zen and Biolage today. [smilie=th_cc15] Thank you friend! [smilie=th_a194]
[smilie=th_thsecret]Amy...well...if he does it....it will not look like I'd like it to look :mad:....and the clean up would be immense. [smilie=th_a043]I think this way is better on my marriage. LOL
Have a good one. 

Good Morning!

Maggie-I’m impressed. You sound like you are very handy.  

Amy-Glad you are still enjoying your summery scents.  I am still melting them but not ever day. 

Going to get my hair colored and cut soon.  Nails this afternoon. My sister and I are boxing up my dad’s house for the VVA tonight.  They take a lot of household items.  We have a dumpster for whatever nobody else wants.  The closing is next week. It’s very sad.   My parents lived in that house for 55 years and we grew up there.

Melting today in all melters is VCS Heat Miser Man. This is Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting Noel Gooey Marshmallows.  

Enjoy your day all!

Good Morning! Woke up to news of a minor earthquake in my area...lol. Didn't wake or feel a thing [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep] although my DH said the entire house rumbled and there was a giant "POP" and he jumped out of bed and said..."what was that?" And he said I replied...."musta been a plane." [smilie=th_scratch]No recollection.

Michele...I'm sorry you are feeling sad...although I can imagine how you're feeling. My Dad is currently living in the house I was born in too...I imagine the day I will be packing it up would be very difficult. [smilie=th_bighug-1] 

Still melting the scents from yesterday...they are gorgeous. Added another RG gift of Palo Santo. Thanks pal!

Have a good one.

Good Morning All...I hope anyone is the line of those terrible fires are ok. It's frightening to see. So much devastation and sadness in the world right now. 😥

I am melting my new "favorite vendor" Empire Alchemy in 5 Star Hotel - Basil Sage Mint, Lemon Verbena, Lavender Sprigs and Winter Linen. This could also be a nice cooler weather scent but the lemon is prominent so I decided to go for it. Lovely. I think I could order for this vendor every single week. Her blends are flawless.

Have a good one and stay safe everyone. 

Good Morning!

Glad you are enjoying EA Maggie. I have a pending order from there. Thanks for the intro.

Melting SGA Salted Caramel Pretzel Waffle Cone this morning.

We got a lot done at my dad’s house last night. We are back at it again tomorrow.

I’m finally meeting my friends for lunch today. So excited to see them.  We haven’t seen each other since March except for on Zoom .

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Praying for you all in the line of the fires! 🙏🏻

I have been melting Empire Alchemy in Inhale/Exhale -melon, temple smoke, dried pipe tobacco, pear & pomegranate and Malachite - winter linen, crisp pear, lime & hyacinth. You are right Amy...this is wonderful.

Maggie, it's old hauls I'm rewatching. Brandy from Super Tarts is very enjoyable to watch. She hasn't posted for about 3 years or more but I enjoy revisiting her channel. I also watch Shopping and Scents, she is fabulous. She used to do Yankee and BBW hauls and reviews, now she just does hauls from shops, mainly Dollar Tree. I love watching her. 

Not long got back from a meal out, Chinese. Its Mike's birthday tomorrow so we decided to go for a meal today as they don't open at lunch time on a Sunday. It was delicious. 

Now I'm melting Vanilla Ice Cream Milkshake by The Little Big Wax Co. Deliciously creamy. 

Good Morning All...

Sharon...thank you for that info....I will go take a peek! And [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d to your DH!! I love Chinese...I hope your had a lovely time!

Melting CFTKR in Lemon Ice Cream Scoop Bread....oh dear....this is delicious! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Thinking of you all...stay safe. 

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is well. I attended a backyard baby shower yesterday. It was so nice to see everybody.  Had a very nice time. The weather was perfect.  Crispy 65 degrees.  Love this weather!

We are back at the beach enjoying the last few weekends of summer.  It’s really starting to feel like Fall.  

Happy Birthday to your husband Sharon!

My sister and I finished cleaning out my dad’s house.  The last of the furniture and remaining things are being cleared out tomorrow.  We are probably closing later in the week.  Good memories were made there.  It’s sad to let go.  

I got my EA order yesterday and all smells wonderful cold.  I can’t wait to melt these scents   They are very unique and wonderful.   Thanks Maggie and Amy!

This morning it’s SGA The Haunted Mansion.  This is a fresh bakery with sweet spices and creamy vanilla batter.  In the bedroom it’s a sample from L3- Lush Linen White Clouds.  Lovely.

Have a great Sunday everyone!