The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

A "Gust" Of Fragrance - August 2020

Good Morning!

Susan- That Bourbon Salted Caramel smells wonderful. 

Today it’s all VRC-

Lavender Cotton Candy in the Main area.

Dorrie in the bedroom.  This is from the Game of Thrones Sampler. It’s Sun Kissed Lemon, Herbal Lavender, Eucalyptus, Antique Rose and Musk.  

Enjoy your Saturday!

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well!  It was a hectic week at work even though I was home.  Next week I travel again.

Also the compressor went out on the a/c-heat pump outside and it had to be replaced, ouch expensive, but these things happen!

Mag, the new puppy sounds so wonderful and of course she is a good girl! ❤️ Look at her mom.  I love that VRC Patchouli Coast!

Michele, you are making a dent.   It looks like we are all sticking with some summery scents for the time being.

Susan, I have haven't tried Kringle but I'm glad you got a good deal on those daylights!!  You have been melting like mad also!

Well today it's

Rosegirls Blackberry Cream Puffs -so juicy and delectable with the flaky pastry note. I wish I could eat this!

Have a good night all!

Hello all[smilie=th_wave]

Amy...sorry you had such a busy work week even though you were home! You were missed! [smilie=th_cha69] I hope next week is better for you even though you'll be traveling! You are sweet about little Cannoli, but I must say... I had nothing to do with it...she's came to us like that.

Michele...lavender cotton candy always smells so nice!
Susan...sweeetttt graaasssss! That's a big favorite of mine! 💕

Changed the melters but they either turned themselves off or they are duds...I'll have to check on that...cause they are very old...from June 2017. Yikes.

Milky Pistachio Cotton Candy Cake by VRC...the melters turned off...there is hope! On they go. Edit...Oh this Smells wonderful!!!!

Have a good evening all.

Good Morning!

The VRC Dorrie is still going strong in the bedroom.  Just put on Rainbow Melts Coffee Maple Sugar Donuts. This is Coffee, Sweet Maple Sugar and Sweet Fried Dough.  

Amy-Sorry about the expensive repair on the compressor.  

Have a great Sunday and stay safe!

Hi everyone. Melting today: Pink Sugar by Satin Suzie

If I only had a brain by CFOW

Vanilla Mocha Cafe Latte by Mystical.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is doing well today.

Amy-Have a safe ride back to work today.

Melting SGA Southside Serpents.  This is Leather, Tobacco, Marshmallow and Bakery.

Enjoy your day !!

Good Morning

Gosh Amy....I'm sorry I missed your post about the compressor!! That's a big headache....I hope you didn't have to go without A/C too long....or it wasn't too hot if you did. You are right...ya never know when things will break...and they always do. [smilie=grrr] Safe travels to you.

Michele...I do love that Southside Serpent...It's so unique and wonderful!

I've still got my OPT Peace in the Grass/Good Vibes going today. Amy...you a right...it's different. I think it has more buttercream and less grass. I like it more with the stronger grass note and just a bit of buttercream to sweeten it. I also don't smell much pear anymore. [smilie=th_cry2yw3] I wish I had a lot more of my original version.

Upstairs it's a EA Sample in Oceanside- clean cotton, aftershave and coconut milk. 💕

A few with coughing and sore throats around here. Thinking allergies but off for testing just in case. Gotta stay ahead of the game. 
Take care & be well.

Greetings ladies!

A beautiful drive yesterday through the mountains, with variable weather - sudden downpours and then brilliant sun.  The mountains were misty, and as usual I got goosebumps coming up over some of the rises.  There is one little ranch house in particular - all by itself,  perched above an enormous valley with the hills beyond - and I always want to go up to their door and haul them outside, and say, please tell me that you are still seeing this astounding view, that every day you come outside and drop to your knees.

Mag, I do hope all your tests are negative... You truly have had enough...This year has been over the top.  I'm so glad that little Cannoli continues to bring love and joy to the family.  As for OPT Good Vibes... why, why change such a beautiful thing... Right, hardly any pear and the grass note muted... it's still pretty but... not the same.  Thank you for the kind words about the compressor.... It went out with spectacularly loud noises, and the new one is great so it's a good thing. 

Michele, the SGA Southside Serpents sounds lovely with the tobacco note.  I will have to try that one! I hope things are going ok with your daughters and all the changes in plans.

Susan, I hope you are doing well and that your clients continue to be healthy.  I salute you for being on the front lines throughout this pandemic!

Well this morning it's:

Rosegirls Pond Scum - the name 🤣 -very fresh, green, and watery - so right up my alley.  Extremely strong here in the hotel but I'm loving it.

Take care all and wear your masks, this thing isn't over till it's over.  Hugs to all. ❤️❤️❤️

Hello Everybody!I

I ordered that Southside Serpents because it sounded good when Maggie was melting it.  It didn’t disappoint!  I loved it. Just that note of Bakery made it great!  The other SGA scent I love with the Bakery is Woodstock Boogie. I definitely recommend them both. I know Maggie loves Woodstock Boogie also but not sure if you have tried it Amy.

I need to get a bag of that OPT scent  I think Amy sent me a sample and it was so good.  I need to order a bag of that under its new name. 

Today it SGA Gidget’s Beach Party. Maggie reminded me that I had that the other day and it was really good.  I am happy to report it still smells beautiful.  I have this in one of my infamous chunk bags that I am trying to get through. It is Toasted Coconut, Lemon Vanilla Orchid with ozone, salty sea spray, seaweed, driftwood and water lily. 

I am also melting The Bunny Sisters Camp Crystal Lake. This is Marshmallow Fireside and Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.   I don’t like the Strawberry Rhubarb Pie note   It was a sample but the scent is not for me. I’m liking this vendor more and more.

Maggie-Hope all the tests turn out negative for everyone.

Amy-I am glad you enjoyed your drive. Hope you have a good work week.

Stay safe all!

Good Evening everyone

Thank you Amy and Michele. I have a feeling they will be ok...I've heard allergies are wicked this year.

Amy...I just love your description of the drive to West Virginia. You have a way with words. I know what you mean...so many times we can take God's beauty for granted. I hope those people in that sweet little house appreciate what they have. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Today has been VRC Tobacco Barn....[smilie=th_cc15]and SB Goodnight Baby Blue.

Goodnight

Good Morning!

Maggie-I love that VRC Tobacco Barn! My allergies have been terrible this summer.   Didn’t realize that they were bad this year.

Melting HM Vanilla Cedar Wood in the bedroom.  Excellent!

In the main area it’s SB Resting Beach Face.  It’s Pink Sugar, Fresh Ozone, Clean Cotton, Sheer Musk, Amber, Seaside Breeze, Ocean Sands and Beach Grass.

Have a great day!

Hello and good afternoon. All have tested negative here. Good news since a  friend was positive and had no symptoms. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Michele...I didn't realize the allergies were  bad either....until my family got so sick. No one used to get Fall allergies in my family until a few years ago. Spring used to be the only rough season. And...omg...you are right....that Tobacco Barn is soooo good! 
Today I used up the rest of my Scoopable Tart Wax jar in Mango Frosting...delicious. 
Have a good one.

Good Morning!

Maggie-I’m glad to hear that everyone tested negative.

Susan-What does the Greek Island smell like?

My melt this morning is VRC Pink Grapefruit.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hello all,

Very hectic at the plant.  But that's good... It's fun when there is lots to do.  

Mag... Thanks. ❤️❤️❤️. And I'm so so glad that all of your family tested negative for this virus. 🎉🎉🎉

Tobacco Barn sounds right up my alley.

I have two melts going in the hotel which are so good I can't bear to pour them out -

Destination Wax London Rain - rain, citrus, florals and wood - oh such a beautiful combination!  I really love this vendor...

Kae's Blackberry Sugared Violets - oh I love this so much! 

Hoping everybody down south will come through the hurricane safely, but it looks very tough.

Hugs to all, stay safe. ❤️❤️❤️

Good Morning and thanks Michele and Amy! Testing seems to be a reoccurring thing around here. :icon_rolleyes:

Amy...glad you are keeping busy at work! Always makes the days go by quicker! Do you head home today?

Michele...sometimes a nice grapefruit scent is perfect in the morning! 💕

Today it's Cotton Candy Eclairs by VRC...another one of the many loaves I bought two years ago...not quite finished with this yet. Another round of wax in the warmers left to go.

Yes Amy....I hope all are safe down south! 🙏🏻 

Good Morning!

Rewarming the wax that's already in the melters and adding some candles on this dark, rainy day. 
Shorties Teakwood and Violet...one of my favorite scents. 💕
Goosecreek Lemon Cake Batter

Goosecreek Storm Front

Edit: changed the warmers to Bohemienne Life in Sweet French Herbs- linen, sage, bergamot, lavender and current

Have a good day.

Hello all!!

Lovely to be home again.  I had to focus more than usual driving home yesterday as there was some rain in the mountains.  A whole different kind of beauty.

Today we picked up groceries and paid bills, and we had new tires put on DH's car.  So the checkbook is a bit lighter, but it feels good to get this stuff done.

Mag, it takes awhile to get through these loaves, doesn't it? I have a few as well...😳

Last night I had strong fruity scents so today I needed something refreshing:

L3 Amber Noir Bamboo - heavy on the bamboo, which I love - and Amber Noir is mandarin, jasmine and amber, so this is just gorgeous.  I would say I'm mainly getting the bamboo and the jasmine, and it's very strong. Love! 💪❤️

Take care all.  It might actually be getting a little cooler!  ❄️🌨️🏔️

Good Morning!

It’s a beautiful day! We had rain the last couple of days but now the sun is out and it’s just gorgeous.

Melted VCS More Cowbell.  This was Bourbon Chai.  Very strong, great scent and it went for over 24 hours.  
Melt for today is VCS Celebrity Jeopardy.  This is Fizzy Pop with Black Currant Purée and Cotton Candy.  I rarely melt fizzy scents but I can see now why they are popular.  This is super strong. I have it going in the bedroom and can smell it all the way in the main area.  

Amy-That scent sounds gorgeous!  Thanks for introducing me to L3.

Maggie-I love all the different vendors you melt from.  That Sweet French Herbs sounds beautiful.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone! 

Good Afternoon!

What a beautiful day it is! A PERFECT  78 degrees F here....this is my kind of weather...and a bit cooler would be even nicer! I mean, I love summer too but without being able to do the normal summertime things....I'd rather move on to Fall. But I'm gonna still try to use up my summer wax until it gets very cool.

Michele...thanks...I tend to neglect my BL tarts but she really blends beautiful and interesting scents. She is really known for her soaps which are amazing as well.👌

Amy...I'm glad you got home in one piece...driving long distances in the rain makes me anxious. And...omg...the loaves! I cut all of my loaves up thinking I would help me use them quicker....ahhhh. Nope. 😉

Today it's Ramble On Wax in Whole Lotta Love (yay Led Zeppelin! 🎶) fireball cinnamon, cantaloupe and cherry slushee. Weird combo but it smells nice.

Have a good one.

Hi everyone. Just got back from a mini vacation. We went to West Va, for a couple of days. A family friend has a cabin there. We went to Smoke Hole caverens, very nice and also Spruce knob. Had a great time with my family and laugh alot.

Michele, the greek island is citrus with ozone and water notes. Very nice.

Did melt: Bobbing for apples by K's Kreations.

A woodwick candle has lavender, and I can't remember the other two scents.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Good Morning...was up extra early with the pup today...need a nap. 😴

Susan...sounds like you had lots of fun on your trip! Everyone needs those getaways once in a while. [smilie=th_sign0162]

Trying a new to me vendor...Sassy Wax Melts in Grateful Bread- fresh baked bread, iced lemon cookies, buttercream, whipped cream.

Have a good one.

Good Morning!

Susan-I am glad you enjoyed your vacation.  The Greek Island melt smells very nice.  

Maggie-The Sassy Wax Melts sounds wonderful.   

Todays it’s EA Camping at the Beach from a lovely CF friend.   This is Ocean Breeze, Toasted Mallow, Caramel Woods, Tobacco and Vanilla Donut.  Smells really nice!  Thank you!!  I’m really enjoying this vendor.  

Enjoy the day all!