The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Sizzling Scents of July - July 2020

Oh gosh Susan...I'm sorry about the deer! I'm glad you are ok but the car damage isn't fun...even if the car is drivable. Scary. The animals seem to be out and about more than ever...maybe because the humans have been quarantining.  [smilie=yes]

Michele and Amy...I'm a Palo Santo lover too! 💕

Today has been...

Coconut Lemon Cupcake candle  by Goosecreek
And I rewarmed the SB from yesterday...Probably time for something new.

The edge of the hurricane/tropical storm has been here since early morning...rainy and windy all day. Funny how my DH is playing softball one state away and it's hot and sunny. 

Good Morning!

The sun is trying to come out today.  Yesterday was nothing but rain and wind.  

Today is SGA Twinkle Twinkle. This is Twinkies Vanilla Lace Marshmallow.  Overnight was VCS King Tut.  This was Egyptian Musk. 

Have a nice and safe day!!

Good morn ladies. Going to be hot here today. This morn I got my headlights fixed on the car, I helped a little bit. Melting: Black Raspberry Vanilla by Mystical. I hope everyone has a great weekend

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is doing well.

Susan, I'm so sorry about the deer!! I'm so glad you are ok.

Mag, I'm glad the Savannah Blue have been doing ok so least some of the time!  

Michele, all your scents sound beautiful.

This morning we saw the comet in the pre-dawn sky, very exciting!

Today it has been

CFOW Butterscotch Coke Float - a summertime favorite. So sweet and delicious.

Take care all. ❤️❤️❤️

Good Morning and Happy Sunday!

It’s going to be another hot one here today.

In the main area it’s VCS Midway Treats- Salt Water Taffy, Gooey Marshmallows, and Cotton Candy Frosting.  In the bedroom it’s VCS I’m on a Boat. This is Fruity Limoncello, Pineapple, Sugared Mint, Tropical Flowers, Coral and Volcanic Rock.

Have a great day and stay safe!

Hello and Good afternoon all! 
That tropical storm sure left a lot of debris in the pool....glad the vacuum worked long enough to get everything out. 
Susan...happy to hear your headlight is fixed...[smilie=th_blij81]

Michele...that "I'm on a boat" blend sounds so unique! Whatcha think?

Amy...a comet? Cool!! I didn't know about that...is it still going to be around to see tomorrow?

Its Rosegirls from a generous pal...

Koopa Troopa Assault, Petey Colada and Pear....all smell fantastic! (The pear is so creamy!) [smilie=th_Drglar] Thank you!!

Miss Mag (and everybody)!

Yes the comet is supposed to still be visible Monday morning between 4:15-5:00-ish in the lower part of the NE sky.  He is best seen with binoculars and he has a lovely trailing tail.

The name of the comet is Neowise - your local news might have more specifics for your area.   For me, I took the binoculars and scanned the lower part of the sky very slowly.  It took awhile for me to find him but then suddenly whoops there he was!  Very exciting.  

Now let's hope for no clouds in the morning.  I was reading that later in the month, we will still be able to see him, but at dusk.  Good luck and be patient...i was reading one of the astronomers describing comets as being like cats... One minute they're there, and then they're not...a bit elusive. ❤️❤️❤️

Good Morning!

Amy-I’m glad you got to see the comet.  

Maggie-The “I’m on a Boat” was wonderful. I just turned it off. I loved the scent and it went over 20 hours.  

Today it’s ST Love Actually. This is PPW, Sweet Lavender Cream and VBN.  I really like this one and yesterday it was Cherry Coconut Cream Pie Birthday Cake created by a very talented CF friend.  Thank you!

I am also now melting a sample from VRC-Beach Sage & Mint.  Wonderful!

Stay safe!

Good Afternoon all! It's back to being a beautiful sunny and low humidity day. Nice. 😊

Thanks Amy...I didn't read this until today so I'll try tomorrow morning!

I did some blending this morning...OPT Island Slurpee and OPT Sun Kissed Summer Grass. I really need to get through these quicker. 

Good Morning!

It’s another beautiful day!!

I am melting the last of Wonderberry Vanilla Glazed Soft Pretzel. This was a good one.  

Enjoy the day!

Good Morning!

Hope everyone is doing well. Another lovely day here...can't complain. Went to the beach yesterday and felt like I was cooking...yes, I'm the person hiding under the blanket. Boy, the sun was strong and the sunscreen didn't seem to be doing anything. Felt like I was spraying water.

Today it's Storm Front candles by Goosecreek outside in the deck.

And inside I'm warming Empire Alchemy in "Girl, Let That Man Go!" - baked pineapple, banana cake, mango slices and twinkies. Mmmmmm!

Have a good one! 

Hello everyone!

I'm enjoying being home, next week back on the highway.   It's ok.  I've enjoyed three weeks in a row at home, heavenly.  I have seen the comet six times, always with binoculars...where we live it is very dark at night and he is more or less in our front yard. ☄️❤️

Susan, your melts sound lovely, especially Gain Fresh and Lemon mint leaf, mmmm.

Mag, I'm glad you got to go to the beach, even if it was hot.  And that EA sounds delicious... Also the name...🤣🤣🤣

Michele, I loved that Wonderberry Pretzel scent so much -that's the one you sent me - so beautiful. ❤️. You are making steady progress through your wax!

So today it's:

Rosegirls Strawberry Shortcake- throughout the house in various warmers... Absolutely scrumptious and making me hungry.

Have a good day all!  

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is doing well.  I didn’t melt anything yesterday.  I had a busy day. I went shopping for a dress for my daughter’s wedding which is coming up in November.  Whether it happens then or not due to COVID I need to be prepared.   Happily I found a dress right away  I am so happy. I then visited my daughter and future son in law at their new home.  They closed on a house last week and my daughter will be moving to NJ.   It’s close by though.

Today I’m melting CFTKR Lace and Pearls at Tiffany’s.  Beautiful scent but I can’t find the description.

Amy-Glad you enjoyed your 3 weeks home.  I didn’t realize work travel started up again next week. 

Maggie-I’m glad you got to the beach.  Last week was a scorcher and our AC here in NY was broken.  We stayed extra at the beach house.  Heading back tomorrow afternoon. 

Susan-Hope you are doing okay.

Valerie and Debra we miss your posts.

Have a great day all!!

Good Afternoon all!

Ugh Michele....no air conditioner during these steamy days? I'm glad you had the beach to go to! Hope it's fixed now. Congrats on finding a dress! :confettistars:What color did you decide on? And the kids are in NJ? [smilie=th_cc15] LOL

Amy...I'm so glad you got to spend some time at home and slow down a bit. I'm sure that driving can get tiring even if it's beautiful.

So it's GWW upstairs in Sissinghurst - hyacinth, rose, cyclamen and foliage

Downstairs it's VCS in Hopelessly Devoted to You...Supposed to be blackberries, honeydew and cotton candy frosting but I smell nothing. Absolutely nothing. I know these are old...about 2 years but I would hope to smell something...even with my nose to the warmer. Sad. :icon_confused:

Think I'll add some Jackie O Visits Her Family by VCS...also old. I've got two big loaves from 2017...they may be ready to chuck too since they're even older. Oh gosh. 
Have a good one. 

Good Morning!  It's cool and overcast today...but supposed to get over 100 this weekend. [smilie=th_dd5]

Well, I changed the warmers to VCS Blueberry Backwoods Barbie and they threw. Strange since these are from 2017 so they are even older! I still haven't gotten a handle on this vendors longevity....some last, some don't. Does she switch her wax often? [smilie=th_scratch]In any event, I need to use up what I have in the summer cabinet...I think I'll pull them this morning.
I hope everyone is well.

[smilie=th_c55]

Hello everyone. This is what I have been melting: Bookworm by Hayden Rowe

Coconut Vacy by Scentsationsals

Enchanted by Scentsationals

Vanilla Sky by Hayden Rowe

Flamingo Shore by AmbiEsents

Cotton Candy by AmbiEscents.

Good Morning All! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Quiet here lately...[smilie=th_cha66] Helllllooooooo!

Susan...you've got some nice sounding scents going! What does Bookworm smell like? [smilie=th_pardon]
So...I changed to VCS Cannoli and Day Tripper and it threw great. A delicious jelly donuts scent mostly. That was also from 2017...[smilie=th_scratch]Idk.

This morning it's a gift is from a sweetie...CFTKR Sea Island Grapefruit...mmmmm! I love this delicious and realistic scent....💕💕filling my house like crazy! [smilie=th_teks0311]

Have a good day and stay safe all. 

Hello Everybody!

i hope you are all doing well.  

Maggie- two of my 3 children are in NJ now.  Not far though. My dress is Emerald Green with a black lace overlay.    I’m happy I was able to find a dress so quickly.

Susan-you are melting some nice scents. 

Today it’s VCS Sugar Cookie Dough Great Pumpkin.  It’s throwing well. It’s from 2018.   In the bedroom it is VRC Wood Sage & Sea Salt.  This is a lighter scent. I got it as a sample and not sure if it cured long enough.  It was poured a month ago.  

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. 

Take care and stay safe!

Good morn ladies. Melting today: Black Roses by K's Kreation

Fresh Strawberries by Mystical

Apple Blossom by BHG

Festival Bliss by Scentsationals.

Maggie, the bookworm has ceder and musk and leather in it, that all I can remember.

Hope everyone has a great day, stay safe.

Good morning all!

It is so steamy outside so we are pretty much staying in.  I will drive to WVA tomorrow.

Michele, your dress sounds beautiful and I love emerald green.  I'm glad your younger daughter has found a house they are happy with!

Mag, yes VCS is a mystery... To me, there was a period of about a year there where something was amiss, very little throw - but before and after that, it was much better.  I've been reading some folks say (and I think Michele said this too?) that she has changed her formula over the past six months or so and the throw is much better again.  I hope so because she has some gorgeous blends!  🤔🤯 I would never be a wax vendor... Yikes what if the base wax changed from the supplier... Up a creek... Anyway, Mag, the CFTKR Sea Island Grapefruit sounds gorgeous!

Susan, you are making steady progress. I love, love, love that Vanilla Sky from Hayden Rowe!  I hope you're doing well these days. ❤️

Well I've been trying to remember that I do have candles waiting patiently, so the two candle lamps have been pressed into service in the evenings:

Sonoma Marshmallow Candy Cane - just fabulous, so creamy and authentic, just right to combat the heat outside. 

Homeworx Root Beer Float - oh, there are no words - It's like having your head in a frosty mug of A&W Root Beer - so strong I had to turn the lamp off after a few hours.  Fabulous.  I will buy again and again.

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!  Stay safe out there.❤️❤️❤️

Good Afternoon!

Susan...thanks for the scent description of Bookworm...the name is adorable.

Michele...your dress sounds gorgeous!! I love emerald green too! 

Amy...thanks for that info on VCS...it makes sense now. It could be that her 2017 wax was stronger and had more longevity compared to her 2018...interesting and that's what seems to be going on here. Glad you get one more day off...tomorrow is supposed to be the worst of the worst in these parts.

This morning it's an oldie from Southern Twang called Shameless - rice crispy, sugar cane cookie and funnel cake. Throwing great!

Have a good one.

Hi All!

It’s been hot here too. I’m inside in the air conditioning. I’m not a fan of the heat.    

Maggie and Amy- Thank you!  I am very happy with my dress. 

Today it’s SGA Absolutely Fabulous Latte and it is fabulous!  Love this one!  It’s white cake, white chocolate and Sweet cream, toasted coconut with sweet vanilla, caramel and coffee.  Delicious.  In the bedroom it’s Roseanne, Roseannadanna.  This is Strawberry Musk.  

Take care and stay safe!

Morning all, up early today. Not melted anything new over the last few days, just whatever is already in the meters that still had a scent, lol. 

Michele, another wedding, how lovely, your dress sounds beautiful. 

Amy, the comets sounds exciting. A few weeks ago we had things flying over, cant even remember what they were, meteors? Comets? No idea! I went looking but didn't see them. One was called Dragon I think, a series of lights following each other. I've seen the International Space Station a few times, that's surreal, thinking there's actual people in that bright thing in the sky!

Susan, that scent called Bookworm sounds lovely. I have one called Library Books, I'm sure it's similar. 

Have a lovely day everyone.... I know you're all sleeping as I write this tome!! 😄