The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Sizzling Scents of July - July 2020

Great thread title Michele! 💕 And from what I hear...it's supposed to be sizzling in our neck of the woods for July! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]
It's been Lovely from a sweet CF pal mixed with SSA in my bedroom. She's a magician with wax! Thank you!

Downstairs it's been the same thing for days....can't even remember what. LOL

Now it's SGA Strawberry Raspberry Guava Beach Nights and Zeep Welcome to Stepford. I haven't melted Zeep in a long time...cold sniff is delicious.

Take care all...hope all are well. 

Hi All!

I hope all is well.  I can’t believe it’s July already. 

Thank you Maggie re the title. 

Melting VCS As If - a lovely blend of Cotton Candy and Strawberry Passion. 

Stay safe!

Michele I love your title!! I'm glad you ladies are creative because I am usually not.... Usually get stuck on some variation of Magic Melts... Amazing Aromas.. And then I draw a blank.

Mag, LOLOL, that happens to me too, when I can't remember what is melting... I have misplaced the clamshell or bag and have no clue...

Hi Cyn!!  How are you?  What are you melting?

So today it's:

ST Nightmare Before Christmas - herbal lavender, candy cane, and cotton candy. I absolutely love this and don't think it is necessarily a holiday melt. Throwing well in the new Yankee Scenterpieces.

Two more clams from 2019, hurrah, then we can move on to 2020 wax which is, ahem, a lot.

Stay well all - getting hot here in Ohio...❤️❤️❤️

Well good morning all,

I hope everybody is well.  Steaming up around here.  I'm walking earlier and earlier in the day to avoid the heat. 

Today I'm trying a new-to-me vendor which was a gift from a generous CF friend (and thank you thank you! ❤️❤️❤️)

Empire Alchemy Seashells - Driftwood, lemon, sea salt, vetiver - so right up my alley and this is JUST SO GOOD!!! It's absolutely strong and I can smell it out in the yard... The driftwood and Vetiver together make for a bright, woody, oceanic gorgeousness and I feel like I'm sitting by the sea somewhere...I LOVE this.  Danger, danger if this vendor is always this fabulous!!

Have a great day all. ❤️❤️❤️

Good Morning [smilie=th_blij51]Hoping for a sunny day with no rain.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

I'm melting an oldie from SGA Big Bird and Cookie Monster- Cotton Candy, lemon poppy seed, sweet bakery dough.

Take care.

Good Morning!!

Amy-It’s getting very hot here as well.  

I am melting an oldie here too.   It was a gift from a CF friend. It’s Colonial Jazz Fest.  I can’t find the scent description anywhere.  Smells good though. 

Enjoy the day!

Good Morning Everyone!

I've got loads of candles going today...

In Kitchen it's Buttered  Maple Syrup by Crossroads..haven't melted this in a while

In Family Room it's Lemon Cake Batter by Goosecreek

In Living Room it's Paris Noir by Goosecreek

In Dining Room it's Lavender Vanilla by Yankee

Outside on Deck it's Storm Front by Goosecreek

Have a nice day...it's a scorcher today.

Hello!

Maggie-You have a good assortment of candles going there.  My candles have been getting neglected. 

Today is an older SGA.  It’s Pennywise.  This is Pistachio Crunch Berry Crisp Cannoli.  Very good and a nice throw.  

Enjoy your day all!

Happy 4th of July to All!!

Overnight I melted TBS Beach Underground. It was such a beautiful scent!  This is Seaside Fruit with Salt Beach Notes. Glad I have this one coming in my next order.  I just changed this out to VRC Strawberry Blonde Birthday. This is Sweet Strawberry, Blonde Moment, Birthday Cake, Cotton Candy and Sugar Cookies.  This is another great one from her Strawberry Sampler of last year.    

In the main area it’s VCS Weekend Update which is Cafe Mocha swirled with Funfetti Creamer and Boom!  Dynamite! Which is Coffee and Chocolate, Spicy and Sweet.  

Throw on these is great.  

Enjoy the holiday everyone!

Good Morning!

I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July yesterday.  It’s a beautiful day here. 

I’m melting SGA Summer Vibes- Pink Sugar with Mandarin, Coconut Water, Floral, Amber and Musk. 

Have a wonderful day and stay safe!

Sounds like you've got some nice fragrances going Michele!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY FOLKS! I hope everyone has had a nice relaxing weekend. I hear ya about the noise of the fireworks...my poor Daisy would hide under the bed shaking like a leaf. They've always been illegal in my state and they recently lifted the ban on certain types but I can't believe the level of "boom" generated this year! [smilie=grrr] It was the loudest sound I've ever heard and they weren't professionals. [smilie=help] Poor little fur babies.

Its been Midnight Fairie Lights by TBG...lovely.

I hope everyone is well and safe. Haven't seen you in a long while Honeybear! 

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.  

Maggie- my SGA from yesterday was strong. It was a good one. 

Today it’s VCS Lavender Cream Cookie Monster in the main area and VCS Dr. Sleep in the bedroom.  That is Lavender Vanilla Palo Santo. It’s good.  I should have let it cure awhile but I was anxious to try. 

Enjoy the day!

Good morning all,

The 4th of July was extremely loud here in the countryside of SW Ohio.  The large fireworks displays were cancelled and so people bought large quantities for personal use.  I felt like we were on the middle of a war zone, and it went on for over three hours. I had gotten medication for Eli but it was of no use, as he was terrified. Next year I will take him on a long drive in the car to get away. Clem hid under the bed and the beagles were unconcerned.  This is my least favorite holiday.  I know that people have been cooped up and were just blowing off steam...I get that... But for the pets it is just too much and I wonder how many die of fright.

Mag, you really are working on your candles and I need to do the same...I have slowed down on that.

Michele, slow and steady wins the race and I see you melting with purpose, so many lovely scents!

Susan, Sharon, I hope you both are well and enjoying your summers!

Well today it's:

The Bunny Sisters Grape Soda - I have to laugh because this is so strong and juicy - I have it in three different Scenterpiece warmers and the whole house smells like a happy childhood memory.

Have a great day all.  It's been thundering for about 24 hours around here with no rain. I wish it would get the show on the road. ❤️❤️❤️

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is well.  

Amy-I am sorry your Fourth of July was so extremely noisy.  That’s so sad how scared Eli and Clem were.  Next year I agree that a long ride away will be better for them.  I’m glad your are enjoying TBS Grape Soda. 

Well for me today it’s Swanky Peppermint Sugar Cookie Birthday Cake Marshmallow Noel which is a sample I received with my order in the bedroom.

In the main area it’s Rainbow Melts Beach Bag.  This is Sun Drenched Apricot plus Beach Linen plus Gingham.  This is my first time melting from this vendor.  

Both smell beautiful and are very strong!

Have a safe day!

Good Evening!

Awwww Amy...I'm sorry about poor Eli! [smilie=th_huganimal] And I love when a scent brings me back to a childhood memory. 💕

Michele...I love Rainbow Melts too! 

Well...it's been Storm Front by Goosecreek burning. I never used to burn candles outside in the summer...I really thought I wouldn't be able to smell a candle outside but it's strong. Wow. 
Inside it's Watermelon Cake by Savannah Blue.

[smilie=th_sml29]

Hey all, you're all melting some lovely sounding wax. 

Hope you're all well, for the last few days it's been rainy and stormy here, we had some lovely warm sunshine on Monday and it was lovely to get out and about. 

Melting Seaside Doughnuts in the living room by the Little Big Wax Co. 

I've a candle in my kitchen, All is Bright by Yankee Candle. 

Good Morning!

Sharon-Hope all is well.  Glad you were able to enjoy the sunshine.  

Melting here Wonderberry Sugared Cherry Wonderland. 

Have a nice day!!

Hello and Good Afternoon!

Sharon...I like a nice rainy day once in a while but too much makes me sad. I hope the skies clear up for you soon. We've been having strange weather for us...quick thunderstorms and then blue skies with low humidity... unusual for this area. Today though....very humid. [smilie=th_dd5] ( I don't know where the sweating emoji went!)

Michele...do you go back and forth all summer or stay at the beach? You are a lucky gal. I think I'm gonna start making plans to get away soon.

Today it's Supertarts in Finn & Jake....grapefruit and pink sugar. [smilie=th_aa20]

Hi again!

Maggie-I go back and forth for a few days to NY once in awhile.   This year I’m mostly here at the beach because everyone is working from home and no need to worry about airports and schedules. If you ever come to my neck of the woods please stop by. It’s so peaceful here. I’m heading back Monday for 4 days then back down here again. 

That ST sounds delicious. 

I melted Savannah Blue from a Sampler I bought.  It was Delphina - Bubble Gum, Cotton Candy and Sweet Pineapple.  Unfortunately it had zero throw.  I think it was too old.  

Changed all my melters out to VRC Pumpkin Coconut Latte.  We will see how this does because it’s a year and a half old and was starting to melt.  

Where are you Amy, Susan and Valerie???

Stay safe all!

Hello hello, I'm here! Michele I am also ready for pumpkin but I'm trying to hold off.  I have *lots* of summer scents...

Mag, how was your Savannah Blue?  Michele, you said the one didn't throw very well... I have heard that she increased her fragrance oils this year and that the throw is much better... Have any of you found that to be true?

Sharon, Seaside Donuts sounds very interesting and tempting!

Today is a Palo Santo day:

CFTKR Palo's Strawberry Patch - just like it sounds and absolutely beautiful.

Homemade Palo Santo Lemon Colada Fresh Picked Strawberry from our artist-in-residence - this is fabulous!! Valerie, truly you are a gifted blender, and I'm really enjoying this.  Thank you so much!!

Hotter than the hinges outside.  I am very grateful for A/C.

Take care all! ❤️❤️❤️

Good Morning![smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

I don’t get out that way much Michele..but if I do I’ll stop and beep! Lol  Sorry to hear about the zero throw on your SB. Hate when that happens. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]
Amy...my SB has been doing ok. So far no zero throws but no super strong either...except for her “My Boyfriend’s Truck” with the root beer...that’s strong and amazing.  I may try another this morning to see. I love her blends but a bigger kick would be excellent. Mine are all from Jan-July of 2019.

So far it’s my Goose creek Honeysuckle candle outside while the warmers heat up inside. Plus Burning...Paris Noir, Lemon Vanilla Cake Batter and  Shorties Teakwood & Violet.

ok...put some SB Fairy's Path in the warmers...Satsuma, cucumber and fresh cut grass...love it and it's throwing. 💕

Have a good one.

Hi everyone. The last couple of weeks have been very stressful. On my way to work a deer decided to hit my car, I am fine. The car is drive able, so I bought it back. Other than that I'm doing fine.

This is what I have been melting:Coconut Leaves by CFOW

Agave Nectar by CFow

Juicy Watermelon by Hayden Rowe

Glenda the good witch by CFOW

Ursula by CFOW

Lavender, Pink Sugar, Vanilla Lace by CFOW

Toto by CFOW.

Take care everyone.

Hi Everyone. 

Susan- I am so sorry you had a run in with a deer.  Glad you are okay.  That mist have been very scary. Looks like you melted some wonderful scents. 

Thanks all for your feedback on SB.  Sampler is probably at least 2 years old and that could be part of the reason I got zero throw.

Amy-I love Palo Santo scents.

Today I melted SGA Chocolate Lavender in the main area   This was French Lavender with hints of milk chocolate and Amber  I loved this.  In the bedroom it was a sample from The Bunny Sisters-Deep Blue Sea.. This is a beautiful mix of pineapple, pink sands, suntan and salty sea air.    

Good Night All!