The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

May Melting Soothe Us

Awww thanks Mag!  I love all those little singing faces. ❤️😘  I hope you had a beautiful Mother's Day!!

[smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7dAmyjo, hope you have a wonderful day.

I have two candles that I am burning: Sugared Wildflower by YC

Lovely Lilac by YC. Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe.

Thank you so much Susan!! Those florals sound so beautiful.  I love lilac and our big old lilac bush in the yard was glorious this year.  Big hug!

Hello All!  And thank you Amy.
Oh...ladies...I love the scent of lilac as well....my mother gave me a lilac bush when I bought my first home and it grew beautifully. When I moved I tried planting new lilac bushes  here but they didn't take. [smilie=th_cray] Maybe the soil here is too acidic. 
Today it's Water Hold me Down by SGA....coconut mango SSA. [smilie=th_cc15]

Have a nice one. 

[smilie=th_8d1933ff] Amy! Enjoy your day! :thwetkissf:

Michele - Thinking about you and sending hugs.

Maggie - I also love lilacs since I grew up with them all around me in Chicago...those and peonies. In our last two houses I made certain to plant a couple and they are tricky, but if they can take in the desert soil of New Mexico, I’m sure they can take by you. Check with a nursery! [smilie=th_aa17]

Speaking of New Mexico, looking for property is a time-consuming process! Also, my daughter‘s new car was just stolen last week, so that’s been a real bummer.

Hope everyone’s had a good Mother’s Day. Mine was rocky, but it’s okay...to be expected. What I can say is we’re happy things are beginning to open. We don’t wear masks, nor do over half the people we see. For those in hotspots, yes, it may still be a necessity for now, but we’ve got to get this economy moving everywhere else. The whole point of shutting down everything was to flatten the curve and prevent overburdening our healthcare system. That happened weeks ago. I’ve been watching Sweden since the beginning. They are the only country that didn’t follow the rest of the world, and though they may have a higher death rate than neighboring Denmark and Norway, many other countries who did lockdown have higher death rates, including Belgium and the Netherlands. Belgium’s death per 1 million population is more than double!  Sweden chose a public health policy they felt would be sustainable over the long term. All along they have emphasized the need to protect society from other health problems, like those that come with a spiraling economy. The only thing that appears to be true is that there’s no rhyme or reason to any of this. It’s all just a giant experiment.

Salt Mountain Berry Go Round and There’s Always Money In The Banana Stand

Really loving this wax and planning to get in on the pre-order this Friday! 

Have a good week. [smilie=th_balloons]

Thank you Valerie for the birthday wishes!  🥰 And I'm so sorry your daughters car was stolen, ugh.  Good luck on the property search... Sounds exciting but I know these things are always a little scary at the same time. 🙏❤️

Well this week is very busy at work so I fell into bed early last night.  This morning it was:

ST Jack Frost - herbal lavender, fresh mint leaf, and lemon curd.  I love this so much - the lemon curd is just delicious and I would like to eat a lemon bar now.

Have a great day all!

Good Morning!

Amy-I hope you had a Happy Birthday.  

Valerie-Hope the property search is going well.  I guess that your daughter’s car wasn’t found.  That’s such a shame. 

My melting has been going well. I’m melting VCS Big Brown Bag today. It’s Salted Caramel Egg Nog, Marshmallow Birthday Cake Vanilla Bean Noel.  

Recent Melts-

TBG Death Becomes Her

VCS Margot’s Great Pumpkin

SGA Coffee with Friends

Have a good day all and stay safe!

Good Morning!

Melting today Wonderberry Caramel Coffee Bread which is Coffee Ice Cream, Salted Caramel, Toasted Marshmallow and Zucchini Bread. 

Stay safe!

Good Afternoon

Oh no Valerie!!  I'm sorry that your daughters car was stolen! I hope it works out for her in some way.

Michele...sounds like some great scents!

Amy...love me some lemon! 💕

I'm melting all homemade tarts from a talented pal...they are all kicking!! Cannabis and Exotic Hemp, Flowering Cannabis and Black Cypress & Cassis. [smilie=th_teks0311]

Good morn everyone. This is what I have been melting: Strawberry Passion, Pink chiffon by CFOW

So White by Rosegirls

Coconut Coast by Hayden Rowe

Strawberry Jam by Satin Suzie

Alaskan Wilderness by Mystical.

[smilie=The_Hi]

Thanks everyone for your thoughts for my daughter and her car. I actually got a call in the middle of the night Tuesday from a police officer (not conducive for a good night’s sleep 😩) that it was found. It’s looking like they will total it out because of the use of hard drugs in it, as well as considerable damage. It appears the work of females (well, maybe not) based on all of the make-up, hair care products, curling iron, etc. found in it. 

On a positive note, we found an acre of land in Corrales, and a purchase agreement is being drawn up at this moment. I was asked when I would like to close, and looking at the calendar, decided on June 22. That’s the 29th anniversary of the day we met, and the day before is our 28th wedding anniversary. What a nice gift to give each other, don’t you think? [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

ST Granny’s - Cappuccino, Pie Crust, and Sugar Milk

Salt Mountain Crunch Berry Pound Cake

Swanky Lavender Paris Vanilla Lace Pink Sugar Marshmallow

Have a nice day everyone. 😊

Good Morning!  

Hope everyone is well and safe!

Melting SGA Bateman this morning.  This is So white Lord of Misrule.  Just started so no scent yet. Loved this. Also melted SB Lavender Cream Puff. It’s was excellent and lasted all day. 

I'm getting my hair cut soon.  My girl is paying a visit.  I’m so happy. 

Good Morning!I

I actually wrote the previous post yesterday and thought I posted.  

This morning I’m melting Boo, You Wh*re! This is Marshmallow Mermaid Pie with  a teeny bit of Apricot Jackie O.  

Stay safe and enjoy this beautiful day!!

:hello:

Michele - Your VCS tarts sound delicious! [smilie=yes] 
Glad you were able to get your hair done. [smilie=snoopy]

Swanky Lavender Marshmallow Pink Sugar something or other (can’t remember exactly and too lazy to get up to check 😂)

We got the police report the other day and saw the crazy story about my daughter’s car. It was a male and a female after all, and I’m happy to say they are behind bars. 

Today we are going to lunch at a bird sanctuary/restaurant we love. Ought to be interesting!

Have a nice day! 

Good morning all!

Well, it has rained for 40 days and 40 nights, and warmed up, so the grass is growing before our eyes, and the wildflowers in the field are starting their color displays.  I do love the changing of the seasons.

Michele, I'm happy that you scored a haircut, lol.  I'm not sure what to do with mine... Maybe we'll go for more of a Rapunzel look this year...

Valerie, the dinner in the bird sanctuary sounds so beautiful, just so they don't fly over the table, lol!  And I'm glad the car thieves were caught.  Your land purchase sounds so exciting... New adventures. ❤️

So this morning it's one I buy every year:

CFOW Butterscotch Coke Float - oh this is so delicious - and it filled the house within minutes of hitting the warmer, no curing.  I love her new little bubble shapes and they stay intact in the bag better than most of the breakaway bars do, at least for me. 👍❤️

I rearranged all the wax again yesterday, back to by vendor.  I had had it by scent family, but I was having trouble finding things.  I think it's just an excuse to get it all out and play with it.  There has been some upward creep in terms of quantity. 

I hope that everyone is safe and healthy and able to start enjoying the out of doors!

❤️❤️❤️

Hello! Got home late last night...the girls are moved. I am achin. I asked the hubby...at what age can I stop moving furniture and boxes up and down three flights??? Yep...think I passed that age many, many years ago! Of course...one car broke down on the way home...completely packed with boxes and had to be towed.  And my car broke down on the way UP on Thursday but at least I could drive it home to switch it...you’d never know my DH is in the car business. [smilie=th_insane]

Amy...welcome home. I hope the trip was nice and uneventful[smilie=yes]

Valerie...I hope you had a lovely and relaxing evening out. Restaurants still aren’t open here...and I keep forgetting that. By the time I remember...they’ll all be open again!! Congrats on finding that property...sounds like it was meant for you.[smilie=th_sml29]

Michele...How’d the haircut come out? Did she wear a mask? 😷

Well...I’ve been without melts for days...but the house smelled great when I came home and fantastic now. Just don’t remember what’s in the warmers. Edit: Ok...figured out what was in them because they had so much power...had to be our own CF wax scientist! 💕 Finally, changed them up...so now it's Blueberry Cobbler by Bohemian Life. Yum.

Have a good one.

Hi All!

Maggie-I am very pleased with my haircut.  My girl came over and cut and colored my hair outside in the yard.  We both wore masks.  Shes’s very worried she might have to close down her business.  

I agree that out CF wax scientist’s melts are super strong and long lasting.

i have been melting CFOW Carnival by the Sea all day. Not super strong but still can smell it a bit.

Enjoy your evening all!

Morning all, its damp and dreary here, can't complain as we've had some fantastic weather here lately. 

Michele, glad you've been able to get a haircut. My hair needs it too. It's not too bad at the moment, usually my hair is about just below my chin, without realising we were about a week away from lockdown I went and got my hair cut very short, almost pixie cut. I'm so glad I did. That was mid March. 

I'm glad we are still in lockdown. England has eased it a bit, people are allowed to travel anywhere in England for their exercise as long as they don't stay overnight anywhere (no hotels or holiday parks open for them to anyway, and definitely not with friends and family or to a second home either) They're not allowed to cross the borders into Wales or Scotland as we are still being strict with our lockdown. Northern Ireland is too but you'd need a boat to get there. Over the last few days there's been a lot more police around as people from England seem to think they can come here to our beauty hotpots, they are being sent right back. 

Anyway, melting today

Relax by Darley Lama 

Carrie by Darley Lama from last years Halloween box, it's mystical, quite strong, maybe patchouli in there somewhere. 

Have a lovely day. 😁❤️

Well good morning all!

And a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our Debra!! 🎂🍰🎁😘🥰🍰🎂 I hope you will have a glorious day my friend!

Mag, I cannot believe you have been moving furniture down three flights of stairs... And with car breakdowns?!?! This sounds dreadful and I can only imagine how sore and tired you are!! I'm glad that is behind you!  And yes, that happens to me when I can't remember what was in the melters when I return home after travel... Yes it smells good.... But what on earth is it?! 🤣😂 The Blueberry Cobbler sounds like a beautiful choice! 😘

Michele, I'm glad the haircut was a success and I'm sorry your hair cutter is worried about her business.  It's a tough time for so many people. Also this year's version of CFOW Carnival by the Sea is much stronger - I had heard that she increased her fragrance oils and this seems to be true to me.  

Sharon, you made a good choice with that short haircut, LOL! Glad you can get out to exercise.  Your Darley Lama Carrie with the patchouli sounds lovely and mysterious.  

Well lovely as this is to visit with all of you, this isn't getting me on the road, so I am off.  Have a lovely day and stay safe however that works by you.  Hugs to all.❤️

[smilie=th_blij40]Happy Birthday Debra!![smilie=th_8d1933ff] Hope you can enjoy it and get some "you" time! 

Amy...safe travels to you! And I love blueberry....never disappointed. 💕

Michele...so happy you like your haircut! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] I'm sorry to hear your hairdresser is worried about loosing her business...I hope that doesn't come true. 

Sharon...your haircut sounds lovely! I love changing my hair all the time...long, short, straight, curly... and I really enjoyed a pixie cut as well. My only complaint  was having to get a haircut so often! I found out yesterday that they are easing restrictions a bit here as well...I didn't have to wait in line to enter the grocery store and they are staying open past 8 now. I am glad for that....but I hope people don't go hog-wild now. Slow and steady.

Melting a new to me vendor...Empire Alchemy in Blue Monday. I am sooooo into earthy scents now...more than ever. Thank you kind CF pal for introducing me to this vendor. 💕💕

Have a nice Monday. 

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is staying safe. 

Debra-I hope you had a very Happy Birthday!

Sharon-It seems it was a good idea to have your hair cut short. 

Amy-Hope you have a good work week!

Maggie- Wow, you must be sore! That moving furniture must have been a lot of work. 

Restrictions are easing a little bit here. Stores are extending hours and more restaurants are opening for takeout. Yesterday was the first time in 2 months that 2 of our hospitals didn’t have any new admissions for COVID.

It’s going to be a different kind of summer at the Jersey Shore.  Things haven’t really opened there and social distancing is being practiced everywhere.  I would rather be safe than sorry.  Everything will be back to a new normal in due time.

Melting VCS Princess of Monaco.  This is Lemon Curd Marshmallow. 

It looks like a beautiful day. Have a good one! Stay safe!

Hello All. [smilie=The_Hi]I am shocked at the winds around here for the past 3-4 weeks. They are wicked and completely unusual for us.  My gazebos look like they're ready to lift off and fly into the sky. Even when it's sunny the winds are chilly and crazy and makes it hard to enjoy the outdoors.  What is going on? Ugh.

Yeah, Michele...looks like it's gonna be a very different summer at the beach. I'm assuming they will only allow a certain number of people on and they'll probably higher the price for a badge. Although I'm only 20 minutes away from the beaches...I may travel down south where the beaches are much bigger so I can actually get on them. 

It's Scarlet Raine Lime in Da Coconut upstairs and downstairs....I haven't changed yet...loving the Blue Monday...but it's time. Let's see.....ok...Coney Island by the Bunny Sisters. Mmmm....Salt Water Taffy, Vanilla Ice Cream and Cotton Candy Frosting.

Have a nice day.

Good Morning!

We are heading to the beach house tonight.  It will be good to have a change of scenery.  

Melting SGA Woodstock Boogie.  It’s patchouli, nag champa and sugar cookie.  I love it!

Be safe!

Oh...you are so lucky Michele! I love to sit by the water...winter or summer...cold or hot! Enjoy! And I 💕 that Woodstock Boogie...great one!

Found a super oldie in the wax cabinet...Xanadu by LSC....it's a cut up loaf from years ago and it's still throwing like a champ.

[smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]Goodnight!