The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

May Melting Soothe Us

Cute title Michele!! 💕

Today has been Monster French Toast by Rosegirls...wow!  This is super strong! Fished some RG out after being  reminded of how wonderful it is!! :thwetkissf:

Hope all is well with everyone....I can't believe it's May!!

Michele, I love your title!  Very clever! 😘 Your SGA melts sound so good.  I have been neglecting those.

Susan, mystery and romance books sound awfully good right now.  Very impressed with your library.  And I just received a little CFOW order - I know we are both fans! ❤️

Mag, yes I agree, RG packs a punch, and it just gets stronger the longer it sits...I really like...❤️❤️ 

Home today and so happy.  I had an easy drive yesterday.

So today it's been:

Southbound Spring Break - a fruity SSA blend and while it was lovely, the scent didn't last very long. 

RG Ice Palace - a buttermint scent that is becoming one of my "crawl through oil" scents.

RG Berry Creme Brulee - ohhhhhhhh now this just makes life worth living.  Juicy berry, not overly sweet, and the cream rounding it out... Sublime.

I hope everyone is doing well!  Warming up a bit at last after a cool and rainy week.  Stay safe, all.

Good morning!

It’s a gorgeous day here. 

The melting continues.

It’s been VCS Vogue which was Pink Chiffon and Fresh Picked Strawberries. Unfortunately not much throw on this.  Also melted CFOW Say it with Flours- French Baguette Fresh Baked Pretzel Fresh Pie Crust Zucchini Bread.  Little to no throw on this either.  Today it’s SGA Blueberry Lemon Cream Dough Boy Bakery.  Hopefully this throws well.  Overnight melt was HM Vanilla Honey Love Dust by our talented CF friend.   This was still going strong after 24 hours and still has life left!!  Beautiful scent.

I burned BBW Strawberry Pound Cake candle   I’m loving this candle.   

Amy- I’m glad you are home. Are you home this week as well?

I hope everyone stays safe.

Hello and a beautiful day here as well! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Finally saw my girlfriends today after 6 weeks...went walking at the park...of course we kept 6 feet apart and we were all wearing masks!! It's hard to walk in the hot sun for miles while wearing masks but it was worth it. 
Michele...so frustrating when the tarts are duds. :mad:
Found an unbelievably wonderful smelling tart....L3 Rita Repulsa....plum and Lord of Misrule.  O. M. G. :toppoints:
Hope you are all staying safe.

Good morning all!

This has been a very rainy weekend but as you know I love that. It just seems to calm everything down.  Except for the grass, which is lush and deep green and growing visibly every day.  Yesterday I heard my most favorite bird, the wood thrush, in the trees in our side yard.   Lots of owls and coyotes at night and I think everyone must be handing out cigars, because there are so many young voices.

Mag, I'm so glad you got to see your girlfriends and take a long walk together.  I think out of this lockdown has come a huge appreciation for our friends and being together.   And yes the mask is hot.... But good for you.  It's for the best!  And plum with LOM?!  Oh come to mama, that sounds sooooo good!

Michele, I'm sorry those older melts have lost their scent.  It is what it is.  Happily you have newer wax to enjoy!  I need to pull out some SGA...I have some Jack the Clipper left... Yes...😍

Well yesterday it was:

Hayden Rowe Lemon Tranquility - a pleasant cleaner lemon scent in the adorable little duck shapes.  Sadly this was very light and didn't last very long.  This was over a year old but other HR scents of that age group are doing fine.

RG Shy Guy - Spearmint, Pine, Shaving Cream - oh, now where has this been all my life??  Gorgeous, beautiful throw.  I suppose this could be called a winter scent, but since pine trees are fragrant all year long, really we could melt this at any time, couldn't we?  The shaving cream... it's that 1920's note without being cologney.... Perfection.

So today I guess DH and I will wrap up Season 1 of Goliath on Netflix, with Billy Bob Thornton.  The language is very rough...they really need to expand their vocabulary...but the story is so gripping that we are hooked.

I hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday.  Stay safe.  Hugs to all.

Good Morning!

I am melting this morning SGA Tea with the Dames. This is Tea and Cakes, Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies, Cotton Candy sweet lavender. This is a Brittle Bar and not that old so I hope I have better luck with this one. I’m going to try melting through some of my chunk bags this week. Hopefully I will have better luck with them.

Amy-Maggie’s scent sounded so wonderful but I couldn’t find it on L3’s website.  

Maggie-I’m glad you got to see your friends.  

Stay safe everyone and Happy Sunday!

Michele yes, I totally agree, L3 puts out so many new blends all the time and she uses all those wild names, so the only dependable way to get a beloved scent again is to ask for it in her customs. I have done that before and she will mix anything for you. That one sounds great, doesn't it? ❤️❤️❤️

Good Morning!

Amy-That scent sounds wonderful!  It’s good to know L3 does customs. Safe travels today. Your 2 new videos were wonderful! I enjoyed them very much!

Melting this morning TBG Mummy Munchies.   This is wonderful!  It’s Sweet apricot jam, vanilla caramel cupcakes, and crunchy fruited cereal.  

Stay safe!

Good Morning! A bright sunny....cold....morning here but it's supposed to get warmer! Got a lot done setting up all the outdoor furniture/gazebos and whatnot yesterday. Of course no one will see it but us....ugh. Just found out no more work for me this year...cases are still rising so school is closed for the year. So sad I won't be seeing my students anymore...an abrupt ending. 😞 
Been melting Sweet & Sour by OPT...love this blend...wish I could get more. And Friday Milk Tea by Empire Alchemy💕...never heard of this vendor...gonna go look....thanks CF pal! :thwetkissf:

Have a nice day.

Good Morning!

Maggie-No school for the rest of the year here either. It is still not good here. We did a lot of work in the yard this weekend also. 

Melting this morning SGA Toasted Marshmallow,  Tea & Cakes, Buttery Croissant and Sweet Lavender Frosting. I went a bit overboard with my chunk bags a couple of years ago and I’m finding these aren’t giving me the scent throw I usually get from this vendor.  Hoping this scent throws better than the last few I have melted.  These are about 2-3 years old. I’m so mad at myself. 

Stay safe all! 

Good morning. Looks to be a pretty yucky day today. [smilie=th_fear8]

Sorry about the lack of scent you're experiencing Michele....that's so frustrating! Don't be so hard on yourself....I say what's done is done...you can enjoy the newer, more smelly tarts now! [smilie=yes]

Amy...hope you are all settled in your weekly location! 
It's been Sweet & Sour by OPT all day yesterday and I've just changed it to Palo Santo by Swanky....another wonderful vendor. 
Have a good one....hope all is well! [smilie=th_happy]

Good Morning!

Maggie- it’s not nice here either.  

The scent from yesterday actually went all day.  I guess those bags are going to be hit or miss.  Love that Palo Santo scent.  I actually did a large order from Swanky a while ago.  I need to pull some out.  

Melting SMT Cookie Bread, Peach, Sugar Milk, Pretzel.  I’m enjoying everything from this vendor. 

Stay safe all!

Morning all, not been around here for a while, hope you're all okay. All is well here, getting used to it all now. 

You're all melting some lovely sounding wax, not melted anything in about a week so I'm starting afresh today. In my living room I had 4 melters with wax in, all very faint so lit them all yesterday to finish them off. Smelt quite pleasant even though I couldn't remember what was in there, lol. I could detect pink sugar somewhere. Anyway, all burners are now free of wax and washed. 

Melting this morning

Living room....Strawberry White Cake by The Enchanted Wisp Wax Emporium, a new to me vendor and melting for the first time today so we shall see how that goes. 

Kitchen....Capri Olivio by CFTKR

Have a lovely day everyone. 

Good morning all!

Sharon, it's lovely to "see" you.  I love Strawberry White Cake in any form, from any vendor.  I hope you enjoy that new vendor.  And I agree, I'm kind of used to the mask and the social distancing... We must do!

Michele, your melts...ohhhhh.... Palo Santo... Pretzel....I know what I'm melting when I get home! ❤️👍

I'm getting ready to drive home as I have to come back on Sunday.  I need to play some different music in the car because I have the Eagles on permanent replay in my head ("Well I'm a-standin' on the corner in Winslow, Arizona...").

Melting this morning:

The Bunny Sisters Bunny Fields - strawberry patch, fresh cut grass, and White Clouds - I am really loving this vendor.  Gorgeous, lightly sweet but juicy, fresh and green.   Huge throw.  It's like lying in a strawberry patch with the fresh laundry blowing on the line nearby.  So beautiful and it really took me by surprise.  I think this vendor needs to stock up that website and prepare for big orders, because they can blend.  Maggie found this vendor and wow.  Thanks my friend, you can really spot the good ones!!! 👍❤️😘

Stay safe everybody. Hugs all around (virtually). ❤️❤️❤️

Good Morning!

Have a safe drive Amy!

I need to melt some of my Bunny Sisters. I had placed a small order from this vendor a few months ago.  

Hi Sharon-Glad you are doing well.  We are adjusting to this new way of life as well.   I can’t wait for all of this to be over.

I am melting this morning ST Treebeard.  This is Cream Soda, Cantaloupe and a touch of Pine.  It’s a little different but very nice.

Enjoy your day everyone and please stay safe!!

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing ok. This what I have been melting: Frosted Cranberry, Kettle Corn, Donuts by Rosegirls

The Slusher by CFOW

Banner by CFOW

Garden Sweet Pea by YC

The Diet by CFOW

Mahogany Coconut by CFOW

Blonde Moments by CFOW

Blue Sugar, Plum Crazy by CFOW. my favorite of the week.

Daylight candle: Sweet pea by Kringle, finsihed.

Good Morning!

Susan-You have been melting some great scents!

This morning it’s VCS Rocky!.  This is Salty Caramel Cream Cheese Drizzle Cookie Monster. 

Stay safe!

Hello Everyone!

Glad you stopped in Sharon! [smilie=The_Hi] Good to see you! I forget what is in the melters a lot! Lol

Susan....you've got a lot of nice ones going! Blue Sugar Plum Crazy sounds good!

Amy...so...what did you decide to listen to for your ride? The choice of music anywhere in my life is an important thing! Curious....
Today was a busy day...rearranged my workshop...much more room! It's CFOW Toasted Marshmallow SSA Graham Cracker....❤️❤️❤️❤️
Goodnight all.

Good Morning!

We are having my Dad’s burial this morning.  It’s so strange that we are burying him 3 weeks after his death. Memorial will be at another time in the future. 

This morning I’m melting Swanky Soleil Blanc Coconut Milk Warm Vanilla Sugar Peach.  Relaxing scent.  

Stay safe!

Good morning all,

Michele, we are holding you and your family in our hearts this morning as you bury your father. ❤️🙏 The times may be strange, but your love for him and your mother rings through all these worldly obstacles, and I'm sure they feel it and are at peace.

It is absolutely cold here this morning, in the 30s F, so Spring is taking her time this year, which I greatly prefer to the early heat of recent years!

Mag, well, I had quite the musical feast in the car on the way home... For the first 3-4 hours in the mountains, I have little to no connection, so that is time for reflection.  But after that, having listened to the Eagles last week, I focused on their guitarist Joe Walsh and some of his earlier work with the James Gang, as well as "Life's Been Good."  Then I switched over to the late, great John Prine and some of his heartbreaking lyrics ("Little pitchers have big ears... Don't stop to count the years") and ended up with Emmylou Harris.   Considering that there is practically no one else on these back roads, I can sing along to my heart's content.  So yes, and thanks for asking, it was a good ride home.   Your CFOW SSA sounds beautiful - I think she blends very well with that oil!

Susan, you have been melting up a storm!   I am tempted by Garden Sweet Pea by CFOW, sounds lovely.  I recently ordered some of her new bubble bars and really like how easily they snap apart, plus they are just adorable.

Well this morning I tried something different and it was more or less a successful combination:

SGA Palo Santo Type

BBW Pink Lilac & Vanilla, under the candle lamp

RG Palo Santo

RG Wintergreen & Vanilla

I didn't really intend for the Pink Lilac candle to mix with the Palo Santo and the Wintergreen, but all of these are so strong that they traveled into adjoining rooms, and wow!  It's just a lovely result!  The sweet lilac and the mint soften the woody Palo Santo and the vanilla rounds it out - happiness!

The sky is gorgeous and without a cloud, even though it is very cold, so a beautiful day.  I hope that everyone will have a lovely weekend and Happy Mother's Day!! ❤️❤️❤️

Michele, I'm thinking of you and your family, sending you a virtual hug. 

Melting the same as I did on Thursday, was it Thursday? The days are blending into one. 

Strawberry White Cake by the Enchanted Wisp Wax Emporium 

Capri Olivio by CFTKR 

Its been a glorious week her weather wise, 67° today. 

Good Evening!

Thinking of you Michele. You and your entire family are in my prayers.

Oh Amy! Great choices with the music! I saw Joe Walsh and Tom Petty in 2017...an amazing concert! [smilie=th_aa20]
Sharon...lucky you with the 67 degrees....today it was 36. [smilie=eek] Brrrrr

Its The Bunny Sisters in Bunny Picnic...strawberry and fresh cut grass. Wonderful.

Have a nice evening. 

Happy Mother's Day everyone. This is what I have been melting: Coconut Cake by Hayden Rowe

White Sage & Lavender by Hayden Rowe

Olive Branch by Hayden Rowe

Someday over the rainbow by CFOW

Black Orchid by Hayden Rowe

Hello all and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! ❤️❤️❤️

I had to drive back to WV today and just got in.  We have an early start tomorrow.

Mag, I CANNOT BELIEVE you saw Joe Walsh and Tom Petty live!!! Ohhh we are not worthy of being on the same forum with you! 😂🤣 That's just wonderful.  So of course I had to listen to both of them while driving today!  Plus, Jason Isbell has a great new album, "Reunions"... Happiness abounds. ❤️😘 And your Bunny Picnic....ohhhhhh....I love her strawberry and with the grass...ohhhhhh.

Susan, looks like you broke out the Hayden Rowe basket and all of those sound amazing.  I love her Coconut Cake. ❤️ I hope you were able to get the day off today.

Sharon, I am also jealous of your warm weather because it has been seriously cold in Ohio with freezing temps!

Michele, I am glad you get to be with family even though you are all social distancing!

Honeybear, Debra, check in please! I hope you both are well!

I am melting Vacay Me by Wonderberry, which is cactus and Volcano.

Also Cleanse Your Soul Moon Shadow - Jasmine, Tea, sandalwood - and this is lovely, but powerhouse strong, as in 15/10.  It was filling the whole hotel and I had to turn it off. 😬🤣

Again I hope that all of you are having a beautiful Mother's Day with your families even if the circumstances this year are so strange. ❤️❤️❤️ Big hugs to all!