The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Mighty Melts of March - March 2020

Good morning everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well and managing life in our new world.

Deb, Mag, Michele, you are all pretty close to some hot zones and my prayers are with all of you.. This all came on so quickly but our scientists at work insist that we must do these new things and distance ourselves and wash, wash, wash.

Michele, we will figure something out, we want to see you!!

Susan, glad to hear your eyes are better!!

Valerie, I hope all is well with you and your family.  If you have to move again, when would that be?

The candles and melts are a great comfort, aren't they?  So beautiful and a touch of normalcy.

I've been using both a melter and a candle lamp here in the hotel.  Over the past couple of days:

VRC Rosemary Mint - gorgeous.

Homeworx Climbing Clematis candle - very earthy and green and I absolutely adore it.

Homeworx Pink Pomelo candle - a very sweet grapefruit, possibly a little sweeter than I like, but still a beautiful fragrance.

Rosegirls Spearmint Vanilla - blows me right out of the room, very strong and wonderful.

I continue to be happy with having switched to driving here rather than flying.  Much less stressful.  I wish I had done this long ago.  Door to door, the time spent is not that different.

Stay well everyone.  I will come home Friday morning. Hugs to all.

Good Morning!

Hope Everybody is okay. 

Melting L3 Sprinkles on Top-Vanilla Cupcakes and Buttercream Sprinkles. 

Amy-I’m glad you don’t mind the drive to West Virginia. I’m glad it makes you less stressful.  

Stay well all!

Hey everyone, hope you're all well? 

Amy, that Peppermint Vanilla sounds gorgeous. 

Michele, as does the Sprinkles on Top. 

I've just taken delivery of my twice yearly order from the Darley Lama, can't wait to open it. 

Good Morning all.

Debra...I hope you are ok...haven't seen you post in a while. [smilie=th_c55]

Valerie...hope you are ok and a belated [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7dto your girls.

Amy...I'm so surprised you are still working but as you say...it's needed for sure. Please be careful. Do you head home today?

Sharon...your Darley Lama order is adorable! 💕

Things are still crazy here although I'm finally able to laugh at some of those memes that are out. Laughter IS the best medicine. Take care everyone! :thwetkissf:

Its been Savannah Blue's Boyfriends Truck and I'm finally switching to Bakers Dozen.

Hi All!

I hope everyone is well.  

Maggie-I guess we all need to laugh.  It’s better than the alternative.

Me melt yesterday was VCS Erma’s Clothesline.  This was Lavender Vanilla and Clean Cotton. Overnight melt was CFOW Fantasy. This didn’t have much scent. 

Today it’s SMT Strawberry Vanilla Fudge and SMT Cookie Bread Buttermilk Pancakes Maple Syrup Blackberry. 

Try to enjoy the day.  

I hope all with the virus recover quickly.

I pray everyday for a quick end to this virus so life can return to normal.   

You never realized before how many things you took for granted.

:hello:

Hope everyone is doing well. I’ve had a sore throat for over a week now and the other day woke up with a massive headache. I got it to subside with ice packs and meditation, but it’s still there to a lesser degree. Also, a little cough the past few days, but no fever. It’s definitely a challenging time. I’m having to tap into all of the tools I’ve been studying over the years for sure. News is a no-no for this girl, instead doing lots of self-soothing.

Michele ~ “This too shall pass.” [smilie=th_empathy]

Amy ~ Yes, our wax collections are such a big help! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Maggie ~ Thank you the birthday wishes! :thwetkissf:Glad to hear you’re doing better. We’ve been watching funny things all week as well. I found this Family Feud compilation that is so hilarious. It’s called Dumbest Answers Ever! Steve Harvey.  Check it out! [smilie=th_aa17]

Sharon ~ I had a couple of packages come in this week, too. 

Deb ~ Thinking of you! 

SB Cotton Candy Cream Cake

Swanky Kimono something or other ~  I can’t get up to check the name because I have a Kitten in my lap. [smilie=th_laughing]

Homemade Pink Lavender Chamomile 

And burning the Yankee Mint candle I thought I would need to return. It’s just okay. 

Love to you all! [smilie=group_hug]

Good Morning all. I keep telling my kids they will be looking back on this soon enough. Yes, Valerie....You are right...as with all things....it will pass.

OMG Valerie....yes, I've watched those FF episodes on YouTube!! Hysterical! I hope you are feeling  better each day. I also don't watch the news but lately I'm getting constant updates from others...I do think some of my loved ones watch the news too much and it's stressing them out! :icon_cry:

Michele...yes, for sure. As is human nature, we usually do take things for granted.  I hope we won't forget that when things go back to normal. I keep thinking we are surely blessed that this isn't happening in the dead of winter.

Amy...hope you made it home safely!

Probably time to change up the warmers but recently it was candles by Shorties in Teakwood & Violet....I absolutely love this fragrance but they don't sell it anymore. ☹️
Have a good day.

Well good morning everyone,

I'm glad you all are coping as best we can.  It's good to hear what you all are doing.  Debra, please check in, where are you and how are you doing?? ❤️

Like the rest of you I am trying to find some (dark) humor in these very strange times.  Beautiful scents are helping.  I am still working because the new plant in WV is busy making products people need.  We have tape on the floor throughout marking 6-ft increments for people to distance themselves and so far this seems to be working.  Driving back and forth is still unexplainably comforting and feels very safe.  I stop at state welcome centers to use the bathroom - they are diligently sanitizing everything - and keep my distance, and pack food.   

The hospital where I volunteer has suspended all volunteer services, so this is a big disappointment for me, but I understand why this has been done for now.

This morning it's:

Rockets Blueberry Spearmint - so strong and luscious, and the end of a huge green candy kiss shape.

Homeworx Pomegranate Lychee candle, under the candle lamp, just lovely and fruity with a woody note.  I tried burning this one but it was very sooty so we are back to the lamp.

Beautiful day, although frosty.  I am going to go check on our little primitive cabin down in the woods.

Take care all. ❤️❤️❤️

Good Morning to Everyone!

These are very scary times!  Hope all is well. 

I am melting ST Frankenstein this morning. It’s Coffee, Pumpkin Pie and Vanilla Wafers.   Also melting is SB Vanilla Powdered Donuts. It smells wonderful in here. I’m glad for that at least. I’m in Ohio and we have a very nice but small 650 sq. ft. apartment here. It’s not in an apartment building though so we can at least step outside for some fresh air.  I’m so glad I came here last Sunday or my  DH would be here all alone. What a difference a week has made. It’s so surreal. 

Amy -Safe travels today.  It sounds like your plant is doing everything to keep the workers safe.  

Have a healthy day all.  

Good Morning !

I am melting SGA Sugared Violet Cookies this morning.  It’s Violet Sugar Petals and Cookie Monster.  It smells wonderful. Thank you CF friend.

Amy-I hope you arrived safely.    

Have a safe and healthy day.

Good morning all,

Michele, thanks for checking, yes I just arrived in WV.  Easy ride, very little traffic, heavy fog in the mountains so slow going.

I hope everyone is doing well this morning.  Very strange times.  If we follow the plan hopefully we can beat this thing.

Last night I put a small candle on the hot plate:

BBW Twisted Peppermint, one-wick, and it was so strong while melting that I had to turn it off.  Gorgeous scent.

Stay safe everyone!!

Amy-Glad that you arrived safely.  

I just changed out the melter for this evening. 

Evening melt is VCS A Royal Wedding.   I’m finally down to my last one or two from this Royal Wedding Sampler.   I have enjoyed every one of them.  Kirby ‘s samplers are wonderful. I have enjoyed everything in this Sampler. This is Sponge Cake, Apricot Jam, Vanilla Custard and Almond Marzipan. 

I celebrated my birthday this month by placing 4 orders.  Now it’s back to the ban.  I have more samplers coming from VCS and some Break Away Brittle and Chunk Bags from SGA.  

Hope everyone is well.  It’s quiet here. 

Hi All!

I hope everyone is well. 

Melting L3 Children of the Corn.  This is Blueberry , Cornbread, Pretzel, Brown Sugar and Pound Cake.  This is very good.  Thanks CF friend!

Good evening all,

I hope everyone is well and safe at home.

Work is good.  Today everyone had their temperature taken as we came through the door.  It was very orderly and I'm glad they are doing this.  Everyone is being good about the 6 foot rule, except I made a booboo today - I saw a friend i hadn't seen in weeks, and got all excited and gave her a big hug before I realized what I was doing.  We slunk away back to our 6 feet.  😬

Tonight I am in scent heaven:

RG Marshmallow Fireside

RG Peppermint

... and these two are making a beautiful combination.

Sleep tight all.  This too shall pass.

Good Morning!

Amy-Your company sounds like they are taking every precaution to keep everyone safe.  Its ok about hugging your friend.  These aren’t normal times and sometimes it is so hard.

Melting SGA Impresso Machine from the Coffee Sampler. This is Cookie Monster goes to the Beach with Coffee.  Also going in the bedroom is SGA Peeps from the  Easter Sampler.  This is Easter Marshmallow.  Smells wonderful in here.

The only upside of this quarantine is being able to melt everyday. I missed this so much.  I’m so happy that I’m with my husband too and am able to keep him company.  My visit was timed perfectly with all that’s going on.  

Have a great and safe day. 

[smilie=th_autumboy]

Amy ~ It sounds as if your company is about as serious about this as my husband’s. They have employed “red shirts” as safety police to make sure everyone adheres to all the new requirements. My husband is working only 50% from home, so knowing they are doing this helps ease my mind just a bit when he’s there, like today. 

Michele ~ Sounds like you’re getting some really good melting in! [smilie=th_aa17] Your scents sound delicious! 

Swanky ~  Lavender Pink Sugar Marshmallow 

Southbound Strawberry Marshmallow Cookie

VCS Friar Lawrence’s Potion ~ Whoever the heck Friar Lawrence is! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Thinking about everyone and sending love. :skywriter:

Good Morning!

Melting this morning VCS Cream Cheese Waffle Cone. Overnight melt is still going.  

Next up will be SGA Gidget’s Beach Party. 

Have a safe and healthy day!!

Greetings All. Been staying in Pennsylvania for the week...we've all been quarantined for 2 weeks so we've got a circle of safety happening here and so nice to be out of the same four walls. Probably heading home today or tomorrow.

The girls are melting a custom I made @OPT called Flower Child...nice and calming during these times.

I hope you are all safe and healthy. If you're looking for a pretty interesting sci-fi movie to watch, try.....I AM MOTHER. 
Take care!

Good Morning and happy Friday...I think it's Friday...(I checked)...it's Friday. [smilie=th_fear8] Hope everyone is doing ok.  Still in PA.

Changed the warmers to Green Clover & Aloe by Savannah Blue. Wanted a nice springy scent this morning.

Good Morning!

Amy-Where are you?  I hope you are okay.  Missing your posts. Check in please.

Maggie-Glad you are spending the quarantine with a little change of scenery. You are also getting to visit with your girls. 

My overnight melt is still going strong. It’s CFTKR Milk and Chamomile Tea. Beautiful scent!  Thank you CF friend. 

I am also melting RG Americana Peeps Cake.  Really nice.  Thanks to another CF friend. 

Have a safe and healthy day!

Good Morning! Hope everyone is staying healthy!

Thanks Michele and hope you are well. The girls and I are home now. Their area is about a week behind us Re this virus...it was amazing to come home and find the supermarkets filled with food and the maximum purchase on only a few things. Feels like we are slowly returning to normal.

Amy...hope you are ok!! I'm sorry about you not being able to volunteer....I'm sure everyone there misses you as much as you miss them! Hopefully, you will be back to it very soon!

[smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d Michelle...if you happen to stop by!

its been Voodoo Praline Cookie by Bohemian Life...might add some coffee to it.

Have a good day. 

Hi everyone, I'm so sorry to worry anybody.  The days have flown by, apparently.   I will come back in a bit, currently at the laundry.  Love to all.