The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Mighty Melts of March - March 2020

Hello All. 
Michele...so sorry to hear about your dads eye stroke. BIG get well wishes to him.[smilie=th_326db8b3]And a thought... Are you sure he wasn't "sleep waking" when he called you at night? If they gave him any sleeping meds...could that be what happened? 
Amy...I'm so glad you enjoyed the drive. It sounds so much more relaxing than flying and that's a good thing!!!

Honeybear...that Friars potion sounds scrumptious!

Hope everyone is healthy...the CV is making everyone crazy.

Hello dear all!!

It is so good to know all of you are here, and such dear friends.  The world has certainly gone topsy-turvy.

I am currently driving home from West Virginia and am stopped for the night. The last three hours were spent winding my way through the mountains on some very steep curvy roads and I am tired.

This driving is the ticket, however. I am my own master and can stop and stretch whenever I like, and if I get tired I can just get a room and go to bed. Nobody is frisking me, nobody is digging through my luggage and wondering if my candles are really dangerous things, and there is no timetable. The scenery through West Virginia is absolutely gorgeous, with mountain streams and little brooks, and layer upon layer of mountains.  

I hope everyone is melting or burning something wonderful tonight.  For me, last night was Carol's Green Tea and Willow and OMG, how gorgeous.  I would break my "ban" for more of that one but I don't see it on the website.

I am going to bed.  Everybody take care and hug your families... Wash your hands... My hands are raw from all the washing.... And this, too, shall pass.

❤️❤️❤️

Hello girls! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Amy - I can’t wait for you to get home, my friend. Yes, things are certainly just a bit crazy out there. I went to Costco for a few things today and found it busier than I’ve ever seen it, with lines longer than during holidays, and people buying mass quantities of things as if the end of the world were coming. 😔

Maggie - How is it going out there with your school? I just heard schools in New Mexico are closing for the next three weeks. [smilie=th_fear8]

I’m missing my girls terribly this week. Yesterday was Shayna’s 23rd and tomorrow is Amanda’s 25th and it is the first time ever I have not been with them on their birthdays. 😭 I’m longing for the day when we all live in the same city again.

On a positive note, I am extremely grateful things didn’t work out for Shayna in France with that program she was in. If she had been enjoying it, she would be stranded there right now. 

Swanky Meyer Lemon

Swanky Pumpkin Donuts

SGA Let The Water Hold Me Down - Mango Coconut Cooler Salty Sea Air

Hope you all are doing as I am, trying your best to stay out of the mass consciousness of fear that is swirling about our planet. Love to you all! ❤️

Hello dear all,

I am home!  Valerie, thank you for fretting over me.  It actually is a beautiful drive and splitting into two pieces works great.

My DH just had a bunch of musical shows cancel due to the virus, which I am glad of so they're not all breathing all over each other in the pit.  He *may* be underfoot now, however.  😂 He was very dear to have a candle under the candle lamp when I got home. 👍❤️

I am going to lie down.  The Velcro cat is coming with me.

Hugs to all and yes, wash your hands!!!

Michele, sorry to hear about your dad, hope he recovers well. 

Amy, glad you're home, sounds like quite a drive.

Hope you're all keeping well in all this madness going on. Yes, wash your hands.

Today I'm melting Pumpkin Pecan Waffles from the Halloween special by Darley Lama.

Oh, oh, oh!!!  Today is Michele's birthday!

Happy happy birthday dear Michele and many, many more!!

🎈🎁🍰🥳🎉🎂💐🧁

[smilie=th_8d1933ff] Michele! I hope you are all ok and feeling well.

Well...I have been one of the people teasing everyone about all the craziness about the Covid-19...no toilet paper to be found...our supermarkets are bare and all I wanted was my weekly food. No more, no less. Unfortunately, it has hit here and quick. Our schools have all closed as of today...for at least two weeks and possibly a month. A few cases tested positive in my own town and it seems like it's spreading quick. I'm feeling a little off so I don't want to see my Dad at all but I don't want him going out either. He says he has enough food for a while..,I hope so. I expected that since the little kids are suspected to be the "carriers" that I would probably be at high risk so maybe so. At least I can melt my candles this week. Of course if I get a fever off to the doctor I will go. 
Amy...I'm glad you have found a way to get to your destination that is relaxing.  And that hubby of yours....adorable. [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

Still have the last melt in the warmers...time for a change. Ok...Cinnamon Apple by SGA.

Good morning all and Michele, I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Mag... Take it easy... I was wondering about your school... It does seem to be everywhere now.  I hope you don't have the virus and am glad you'll have some downtime.  

I am making use of the grocery store outside pickup option.  That way we don't have to go inside with the crowds.

Just think, though, out of this could come a good thing... People will be home with their families more... There could be a silver lining and people might actually talk to one another more.  And like we needed an excuse, but what a golden opportunity to stay home and melt wax. 🤓

Well it smells pretty good in here:

Homeworx Frozen Balsam - under the lamp and it's almost done after a couple of weeks - DH likes the candle lamp and apparently has been using it even when I'm not here, which just tickles me to pieces.

Rosegirls Marshmallow Fireside - well, yes, she had a little restock last week and since my "ban" has been faltering, I may have ordered some mini melters in this scent and another little bag of Peppermint.  Absolutely wonderful and extremely strong with no curing.  

I've got to get back to the green wax... Did very well on the road last week with lots of L3 Cucumber and VRC Rosemary Mint melts.

Ok dear ones, enjoy your time at home with your loved ones and wash those hands.  Hugs to all!  Or rather... Foot bumps...❤️❤️❤️

Good Good Morning!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I had a wonderful birthday lunch with my friends and a nice dinner out with my husband and daughter.  I haven’t had much chance to melt but did melt 2 VCS scents which I enjoyed -Queen Anne’s Lace and Cookie Monster’s Post.

This morning I’m Melting SMT Cookie Bread, Coffee Bean, and Pumpkin Sugared Donuts.  Smells great!

My dad has been transferred to a rehab facility but unfortunately we have been banned from visiting him because of the virus.  He is safe and being well taken care of.

I am heading to Ohio tomorrow.  DH and I are driving there.  I’m staying for 3 weeks.  He will be working from home so at least he has me for company.

Have a great day all and stay well!!

Hi [smilie=th_autumboy]

Michele - [smilie=th_8d1933ff] Glad to hear you had a good one! 

Debra - Thinking of you! :thwetkissf:

The media is really going all out to scare the crap out of everyone, aren’t they? Why don’t they report that the majority of people DO get better?! I’m trying to watch as little as possible. 

Maggie - How are you doing? I certainly hope you’re okay, but if you do get a fever, they’re saying that’s not the time to go to the doctor. What I’ve heard is if you get symptoms, you simply treat it like any other flu. It’s when you don’t get better...that’s when you should go to the doctor. They don’t want everybody running to the doctor at the first sign of something because they will be overrun and not able to handle it all. 

Amy -  I’m very unsettled because I’m supposed to go see the girls on the 25th, and they both have trips here in April for my birthday, but we’re not sure if any of that’s going to happen now. So it’s only good for people to stay home and connect more with one another if they can actually be with one another. 😔 Amanda‘s fiancé’s parents live in Albuquerque, but she told me they aren’t going to be seeing them for a while because his dad is 75 and his mom is in her early 60s but smokes. Unfortunately, I think it’s going to create even more of a divide causing people to feel more isolated than ever. Hope this all resolves sooner rather than later!

Swanky Roasted Vanilla Pine Cone Pink Sugar

Wonderberry Luna

I need to change out more warmers. I’ll be back to update. Happy melting! [smilie=th_c032]

[smilie=th_hello]

In staying with the green theme...

L3 Frogger - Frosted Lime Cupcakes Toasted Coconut Strawberry Rhubarb

Swanky Sage & Chamomile

SGA Jack the Clipper

Hope everyone is getting out for some fresh air and sunshine (if the sun’s shining near you 😉). We went for a bike ride yesterday and today going on a motorcycle ride and out to lunch.

Hi All!

We have arrived in Ohio. It was an 8 1/2 hour trip but it was a beautiful day and a pleasant drive.  

Today was my DD’s one month wedding anniversary. What a difference a month makes.  My daughter was married in New Rochelle, NY. That is the epicenter of the coronavirus in NY. Her venue is now closed and her wedding would have been cancelled.   Testing is being done in the park where her venue is located. This is getting scary. 

All restaurants and bars in Ohio are closed as of tonight. The same is now happening in NY. The school year might be over for NYC schools. This is unprecedented history happening. DD is now working from home. I’m glad I’m here to keep him company.  

My overnight melt is Bunny Sisters Counting Sheep. This is Vanilla Cotton, Peppermint and Pink Sugar. It smells wonderful. 

Good Night everyone!!  Stay well!

Hi everyone.  I just arrived in Uniontown PA, heading on a different route to WV.    Stopped for the night.  Michele we are headed in opposite directions.

Valerie you know I love that Jack the Clipper.  I hope you had a good motorbike ride.  I miss my bike big time.

Susan, I hope your eyes are doing well.   I just put cream in mine and thought of you.

Debra, you are MIA and I miss you and hope you are ok.

Miss Mag, report in please.  You said you weren't feeling well and I am worried about you.  Big hugs.

It is indeed a strange world right now.  Take care everybody and I have to say my hands are sore from all the washing.  

Be careful everybody.  Love to all of you.

Michele, is it really one month since the wedding? Wow, that's gone so quick, and the world is so different. 

Maggie, hope you're well? Yes, report in please. 

Amy, yes, my hands feel dry too with all this handwashing. There'll be a shortage of handcream soon. 

Stay well everyone

Will check back when I've decided on my melts. 

Good Morning !

Melt of the morning is SGA C U Latte.   This is Moonstruck with Coffee.  

I guess I will have plenty of time to melt these days.  

Amy-Will they be shutting down the plants anytime soon?

Stay safe all in these scary times!!

Good morning all!

Michelle, no plans to shut anything down ... I work for a consumer goods company and people still need these products to keep themselves and their homes clean. The people in the plant have a good distance between each other and if necessary we will all go into masks.

Beautiful drive through the mountains this morning and I am reminded that this too shall pass. Stay safe everybody!

Good morning [smilie=group_hug]

Amy - I got that same message in my morning meditation...This too shall pass.

Michele - I’m glad you’re with your DH. Did you bring a trunk load of wax with you? [smilie=th_laughing]

SGA Dairy Goddess - Pink Sugar Starburst Summer Scoop Tangerine Cotton Candy Birthday 

Swanky Juicy Fruit

I got a free Strawberry Pound Cake hand cream last week from B&BW and I am in love. Not only is the scent TDF, but the texture is incredible. Anyone else obsessed with it?

Take care all! :thwetkissf:

Good afternoon everyone. Melting today: Americana Peeps Cake by Rosegirls.

Amyjo, yes my eye is doing much better. Thanks.

Take care everyone. 

Good Morning. Amy I am feeling  ok but I won't really know for 1 1/2 more weeks. My last day of work was Friday. No fever so far and that seems to be the telltale sign.  Thank you for your concern, my friend. 💕

Valerie...I felt like you two weeks ago. Media is making a mountain out of a molehill...they always do this...when snow is coming, everyone battens down the hatches like they'll be stuck in forever.
However, this appears to be different. I don't know  if this will only land in pockets here and there or if it will spread all over but we now have 12 confirmed cases in my local hospital and one death. The church that the woman who died went to has closed and all parishioners are supposed to be on quarantine. She was  in her early 50s and not ill as far as anyone knows. Her brother is still in hospital with COVID-19 and he had it first. When people are dying around you it is real. It appears that the news/cdc are not posting illness and death as quickly as it happens.  Yet, two hours north of me life is normal except for limited toilet paper. My own sister had no idea that anyone died here. Yes, our hospitals are over-run normally and they are not allowing anyone in except the patients. They are asking folks who have no fever to stay home but if you have a fever to call your doctor first and then go to the ER. They are NOT testing people without full blown symptoms since they do not have enough tests. Clearly, it is more contagious than the flu but all we can do is WASH constantly, keep at least 6 feet from each other and most importantly, STAY HOME! For some reason, people just want to go about with life as normal but they are risking everyone's lives. I feel bad for the elderly...the grocery stores are bare within hours of opening and they are high risk anyway. You'd never know looking out at the blue skies, that there is something out there that could kill you.  If you don't have it near you, you are very lucky. Life changes when it hits your town.

I am off to check on my father. I have a industrial mask so I am grateful for that....not CDC approved but better than the thin ones they are giving to people suspected of COVID-19 in the hospitals. Stay safe everyone. 

Mag - how horrible - and yes, when it hits close to home it becomes real.  I'm so glad you are staying home and washing, washing.  Thank you for updating us.  This is no false alarm.  Take care my friend.  

Love to all. ❤️❤️❤️

Thanks Amy. And thank you Sharon. :thwetkissf:Just got notice that all of our stores, theaters, restaurants, etc. are closing tonight at 8 and will not reopen until further notice. We can not be on the streets between 8pm and 5 am. Batten down the hatches for sure now. 
I think I'll be watching a lot of Netflix and burning candles.  
Michele...glad you made it to Ohio safely after such a long drive. Will you and Amy be meeting up again? Lucky girls.
On a happier note...it's a concoction I blended by Ten Digit Creations..."Fall Cookie". It's Apple Dumpling, Pear Spice and Marshmallow Sugar Cookie. Wonderful and relaxing "green" wax.

Hello!

I hope everyone is feeling ok.  I just read about NJ having nobody on the streets between 8 pm and 5 am. Everything is closed here in Ohio as well as in NY and NJ.

I hope this virus is under control soon and life can return to normal.

I’m hoping we can still see Amy and Steve but we can’t know for certain yet.  It’s still 2 weeks away.  I will be very disappointed if we can’t get together.

Melting today ST Tartis which is Blue Sugared Cream and Tea and Cakes. Overnight melt was from SGA Easter Sampler -Hippity Hop.  This was Beach Night, Lavender and Marshmallow.

Enjoy the day everyone and stay safe.