The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Mighty Melts of March - March 2020

Good morning all!

The weather here in Ohio is topsy turvy - snow yesterday and up to the high 50s F today.  I don't know how to dress. 🤣

Happy March everyone and I'm not sure where those first two months went.  I did enjoy having a Leap Day, though.

Maggie, I'm glad you've found your melting mojo again.  I think we all need a break once in awhile.  That's interesting that you have gone through most of your winter red melts!  

Speaking of which, shall we all do green melts for March?  Or multiple pastels?  I'm afraid I have a huge amount of green - so many fresh scents, which are my fav - so I'm going to stick with that color.

Michele, I can imagine that you are gearing up for Wedding #2.  What a wonderful year for you and your family!  Does your elder daughter have any particular tips or watchouts for your younger daughter? 

Susan, so happy that your eyes are doing better.   Did you have to take off work?  I'm glad the pain is going away.

Sharon, Happy St David's Day.  Will you enjoy any special Welsh foods today?

Debra, Valerie, what is the latest?  *pretty quiet around here*

Well I started the green melts and today it's:

TSGS Cucumber Cantaloupe - so refreshing!  I didn't realize how much I was missing cucumber.

Homeworx Let It Snow candle, under the candle lamp - Gala apple, frost pear, carmelized sugar, evergreen, mint leaf.  This smells a lot like the old Colonial Candle Snow Day, which is not being made any more, so very happy to find a similar fragrance.

BBW Chocolate Lava Cake candle - a gift from a sweet CF friend, thank you!!  So delicious and chocolatey. ❤️

Have a peaceful Sunday, all.

Good Sunday Morning!

We are having a bit of a cold spell here but fortunately no snow. 

Maggie-I haven’t melted any of my Swanky in ages but I’m so happy to report it was wonderful!!!  I accidentally left my downstairs melter on all night and when I woke up I could smell it throughout my house after about 18 hours.  Leaving it on for awhile longer. It was really great too   It was a Palo Santo blend.

I just put on VCS Big Poppa.

Amy-I love the idea of melting Green, Blue and Yellow for March. Tomorrow I will go through my wax and pull out those colors. I’m not sure what I have.

I love your idea for the candle warmer.  I have a hot plate that melts from the bottom but want the one that melts from the top.

I am gearing up for Wedding #2. I have almost completed my gift baskets for the shower.  I have a Fall basket, Christmas basket, Spring basket I’m working on and I’m almost finished the Summer basket.  I will try working on the raffle baskets when I’m in Ohio   It will keep me busy.

I don’t think my older daughter has to give the younger one any tips.  She knows exactly what she wants.  Lol.  She went to look at bridesmaid dresses yesterday. She has very unique ideas.

Happy St. David’s Day Sharon.

I am a little tempted to place an order with VCS.  I want the SNL Sampler.  I couldn’t resist the half price plus 20% sale yesterday for the BBW aromatherapy body care. At least my wax purchases have slowed down   I have made only one or 2 purchases since August.

Hello Debra and Valerie!!! Hope you are doing ok.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!! 

It’s a another quiet day here. 

My overnight melt is VRC Lavender Patchouli from the Lavender Sampler. It was a nice size so I cut it in half.  Hope it throws as good as it smells.  

Good night!!

Good morn ladies. Melting today: Winter Cherries by Mystical

Cool citrus Basil with cucumber type by Mystical.

Amyjo, yes I missed a couple days of work, I couldn't see well enough to drive and I felt like a vampire, the light about did me in. Doing much better, and I hope this thing never comes back again. Have a great Monday.

Hi All!

Susan-Glad to hear you are doing much better. 

Today im melting VRC Dragon Milk from the Game of Thrones Sampler. It’s Dark Bourbon Barrel Beer, Bright Hops, Aged Whiskey. Full-Bodied Beer, Pipe Tobacco Smoke.  It’s a bit different for me but I’m really enjoying it.  I only put in a half of the melt and it’s very very strong. 

Enjoy your day!!

Hello dear everybody, 

Good to see folks posting.  I'm at the airport again, this week going to Dallas.

Susan, I'm so glad your eyes are feeling better.  I know that vampire feeling with bright light.  😬 Take care friend!  We have to take good care of our eyes.  I have an ongoing condition but am taking care of it.... Scary when these things flare up.  I'm very happy you're feeling better.

Michele I'm glad DD#2 knows what she wants - makes it easier that way, lol.    I love Palo Santo - that blend sounds beautiful. Did you get the SNL sampler?  I *may* have rebroken my vendor wax ban with a very small order from Ava's... It was the strawberry graham cracker that did me in.

This week I will get to see some wax buddies in Houston... It seems meant to be, because I had to go back down there and they had arranged their quarterly meetup for the same week.  I'm going to take a bus from Dallas to Houston on Thursday evening.    Those ladies are the same as us on this board.... Going overboard and going on a ban, then repeat.  🤣🤣 My work project down there will end soon so this may be the last time I get to see them.

Well that's it for now.  I have brought some of the green March wax along on this trip... We shall see if I can make a dent in it.

Take care all!! ❤️❤️

Good Morning!

Amy- I was itching to order a little something.  I didn’t get the VCS SNL Sampler yet but I did order 5 preorder brittles from SGA.  I am happy for now.  I’m still swimming in wax over here. 

I am melting SGA Coffee with Friends this morning.  It’s Coffee House, Lattes, soft baked pretzels, hazelnut cream.

Hope everyone is well. 

Have a great day all!!

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is doing well.  

Yesterday I had a little time to sort through my wax and as usual it was an eye opener.  Lots of beautiful wax to enjoy. I pulled out some pastel wax I had forgotten all about.  It was an SGA Easter Sampler I had bought last year. I put all my green, blue and yellow wax in 2 baskets. Hopefully I can make a dent in some of this wax. Great idea Amy!

i just put on ST Starfleet.  This is Zucchini Bread, Jelly Donut and Sugar Cookie,

Hope you all have a great day!

Good Morning.  I am burning Lilac Blossoms from Mainstays followed by Scentsationals Hideaway.  It is another lovely day here.  Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Great thread title Michele!! [smilie=yes]

Greetings All....and Hello Shari and [smilie=th_blij31-1]!
Been busy in the workshop lately...making wreaths. I feel like there's not enough time in the day but we will be turning back the clocks soon enough so we will get one more hour. Right? [smilie=th_anyminute]

Susan...so glad to hear you are slowly getting back to normal and I hope you never get it again either!!

Michele...busy, busy, busy! It's nice that your girls are very different from each other and like their own things. I'm sure her wedding will be just as lovely as her sisters. Those brittles call to me all the time...I'm trying not to listen. Lol.

Amy...back on the road again! How nice that you are meeting up with some friends..sounds great...and yes, meant to be. Btw, how are your eyes feeling? Hope you are doing well.

Today...first day melting in a couple days...

Pink and Purple by Semo

Pistachio Pudding Cake by Nancy's 

Have a nice evening. 

Hi everybody!

Michele, I love the month title!  It is all I can do not to look at the SGA site and the brittles.

Shari, welcome!!  This is a great group.  Do you prefer wax melts or candles, or both? ❤️

Maggie, it's lovely to hear you are making your beautiful wreaths again.  I agree with you, we need more hours in the day.  Thanks for asking, my eyes are doing well as long as I keep up with the cream at night and the drops when they feel dry.  The doc says they are stable so I'm happy.

Susan, do you have to use drops in your eyes?  I'm so glad they are feeling better for you.

I see that the forum saves stuff we wrote now!  In the past, when I did the slightest thing wrong, my post would disappear.  Now, sometimes, even when I already posted something, it's still in the "Submit" stage when I come back. *strange but true*

Well tomorrow after work I am driving to Houston.  It should take about 4 hours. The traffic here is insane but I hope at least some of it will be relaxing.  I was going to take a bus but the logistics were getting too confusing and the cost of all the Ubers was going to be more than just renting a one-way car.  I'm sure I've overcomplicated it because that's just what I do. 🤣

Well tonight I'm melting:

L3 Spearmint Candy Cane Cotton Candy Frosting - so so delicious, minty and sweet and creamy.  It is even better because it comes on the heels of several scent shots I didn't like - Island Fresh Gain which was lethally strong, and something with Basil and Sage together that just didn't work for me and I poured it out.   So a sweet mint is what was needed!

I hope everyone sleeps well tonight.  Sweet dreams!

Hello my friends! [smilie=th_326db8b3]

I’m sorry to not have been posting.  I’ve missed you all! It appears there is a very good chance we’re going back to New Mexico soon after all. So the past two weeks have been spent trying to come to terms with it. Because as much as I want to be with my girls, that is the big driver, and of course my husband’s job because we need income, there are reasons that complicate the situation.  I have relatives there that...let’s just say are extremely difficult.  And Albuquerque over the years has really degraded, lots of crime and homeless people everywhere. I love the area we live in, I feel safe here, and I love our new home. So the thought of having to start all over again is a little daunting to say the least. Taking it one day at a time, but we should know more in the next few weeks. Currently I am in the process of looking for a piece of land so we can build another house in Corrales, a small farming community right next to Rio Rancho and Albuquerque, and where my husband was born and raised. Whether we do this now or in a few years, I’m going to focus my energy on getting plans together to build a new house there again as owner builder.

Shari - :hello:and welcome to our group! 

Susan - Glad to hear your eyes are better!

Maggie - Do you really get an extra hour, or isn’t that in the Fall when you “fall” back? Heck, I don’t know. I’m probably wrong.  [smilie=th_giggle] We don’t change our clocks here in Arizona, so I have to get used to the girls being on a different time half the year.

Amy - Enjoy your time in Houston! That sounds like fun! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Michele -  i’m glad to hear you’ve been melting again to work through some of that stash. I’m not making much of a dent, and it doesn’t help that I haven’t stuck to any ban. [smilie=th_paper-bag]

Debra - I’m with you on being an old lady down the road with a lot of wax. [smilie=th_pardon]

SMT Toasted Marshmallow Red Apple Caramel Apple Vanilla Waffle Cone 

Zeep Santa Baby  - Pink Sugar, Marshmallow, Cake (or something like that) 

I didn’t have high hopes for this one, but it smells really good, enough for my husband to even comment. 👍

L3 Coffee Bean Sugar Cookie Royale - from a scoop sampler

Have a good day! 

Lololol Honeybear.[smilie=th_lmao-1]..you're right!! We do LOSE an hour! Actually...I don't mind cause we will gain more daylight...I'm good with that! Im sorry about your move...I know you put so much energy into your beautiful new house but I'm sure will do it again in a new place...and that farming community sounds lovely!

Amy...I hope you made your trip safely! How did you enjoy your meet up? And I'm glad your eyes are doing ok.

So...keeping with the green theme....it's Gollum by TSGS -patchouli, vetiver and bergamot. Smells great...I just hope it's not too strong.

Goodnight all.

Good morning ladies!

In Houston today for the wax meetup with some IG buddies.  It was a long drive from Dallas last night and the traffic around the cities here is just staggering.  But I listened to YouTube on a variety of topics and it was a pleasant ride through the countryside.  

Honeybear, good to see you!! That is a huge life event, to think of moving again! - and I'm sorry for the disruption.  I know you love your home.  If there is one certainty in life, it is change.  The farming community sounds lovely and who knows what adventures may lie ahead.  Thinking about you my friend. ❤️❤️

Maggie, I liked that Golem from TSGS, very earthy.  I'm sticking with the green theme also and am enjoying it so far.  Ugh we do lose an hour, don't we?!  Weren't we just saying we needed more time?  ⏲️😑

So today it's:

Wonderberry Mountain Dew - you know I love my fizzy scents and this one is so juicy and authentic, love love love.  Still sad that Courtney went OOB! 😭

BTW I just learned that Mischelle from Waxmosphere also has stopped doing wax and body care, due to commitments caring for her mother.  I completely understand that and am grateful to have a nice box of her glorious tie-dyed wax.  Caretaking is such a huge demand and I salute her for her decision.

Well I will let you know how the meetup goes.  I dream of the day when our little group here will actually meet in person. ❤️❤️❤️

Have a fine day everyone! ❤️

Good Morning!

The sun is bright although still cold here. Monday it's supposed to getup to 70...I'll take it. :thyay:

Not many greens in my winter stash but there are a few. I found a favorite...

GWW Come Round Hagrids...I love this scent.❤️

Have a great Saturday. [smilie=th_aa17]

:hello:

Darn!  I forgot about melting greens!  Oh well, at least one of mine is green. [smilie=th_pardon]

Swanky Sensual Amber Clean Cotton Let Them Eat Cake [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

SMT Cornbread Candy Corn Brown Sugar Sugar Milk - That’s a mouthful! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

ST World of Imagination- a Serendipity blend I enjoyed throughout my sleepless night [smilie=th_pullhair]

VCS Spearmint Man

Not to rub it in, Maggie, but it’s going to be 82 here today. [smilie=th_ee29] 

Going for a bike ride this afternoon.  Enjoy your days! 

Greetings everyone!

Well, it does appear that Spring has sprung!  Lovely temperatures in both Ohio and West Virginia, with many flowers poking their heads out of the ground. ❤️❤️❤️

Susan, I love Gain.  That sounds lovely.

Honeybear, 82 F by you?!  Your melts sound beautiful.  

I am sticking with the green theme and I must say I am enjoying the new fresh scents:

TSGS Honeydew Melon - her wax is consistently strong and delicious.  Plus I love the giant Chiclets shapes.

VRC Green Coconut - what a soft, nutty take on Coconut, not sweet - really like.

Homeworx Climbing Clematis - under a candle lamp which I am loving! - so fresh and green - smells similar to tomato vine.  This is a white wax but hopefully that's not cheating too much.

I drove this week rather than flew, and while it was a long drive, I can't believe how much more relaxed I have been.  I've been flying here for 18 months and the routine of timing it right, security checks, hauling everything in and out of the backpack, delays... It gets to you after awhile.  I must say that driving through the mountains of West Virginia, singing along to favorite songs, is a welcome change.   The total travel time involved is not that different, either.

Well have a lovely day.   The news these days is so dreadful that I'm just going to go about my business and be pleasant to everybody as best I can.   Stay well all! ❤️❤️❤️

Good Good Morning!

I hope everyone is doing well.

It’s been tough here the last few days.  My dad is in the hospital being treated for a stroke in his eye. He is fine. Thank God it was minor.  He’s going to a rehab facility today. Last night he was having bouts of dementia. He called me 4 times while I was sleeping and was talking strange .  I was at the hospital all day yesterday and he was normal.  Let’s see what today brings.

i have been trying to melt here and there when I’m home which isn’t much.  It relaxes me.

Right now I'm melting  SGA Carry on Cowboy.  This is coffee shop latte, Cookie Monster and sinfully sweet whipped cream.  Delicious!

Yesterday was SGA Sea Creatures.  This was Beach Nights, SSA, Sweet Lacwnder Cookies.  Loved! I had forgotten how much I love this one.

Some other melts of the last few days were VCS Jane Eyre Loves Mr. Rochester which was a combination of Lavender Cream and Earl Grey Tea and VCS Home Alone which was Buttercream Cupcakes with Crushed Peppermint.  Both were  Fabulous.  I also melted SGA Easter Basket from last year’s Easter Sampler.  

I trying to prepare for my trip to Ohio on Sunday.  I have a lot to do.

Amy-Spring has sprung here too   It’s going to be another sunny day with spring like temperatures.  I love this weather. I am glad the drive went well for you.

i hope everyone has a great day!   

Good morning! 🌞

Susan - Love me something, anything Lemon Sugar! 😛

Amy - So glad to hear you had an enjoyable trip in the car! Yes, traveling is exhausting and does indeed get old. Even the only once a month me going to California for 19 months a few years ago when Ron was there got to be tedious near the end. [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Michele - Sorry about your dad! I know it is hard for you. I’m glad you’re getting to enjoy some of your fabulous wax in between it all and I hope he recovers quickly. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Swanky Lavender Vanilla Noir

VCS Friar Lawrence’s Potion - Cucumber Mint, Salty Sea Air, and Eucalyptus Spearmint

VCS Backwoods Barbie - Strawberry Satsuma Cotton Candy -  I put this on in my bedroom last night, and I can still smell it throughout the whole house.

So good I’m giving it  [smilie=th_thumbs20up][smilie=th_thumbs20up] !!

Lit a green candle in Yankee Alpine Mint this morning. Let’s see how it does.  I already have one Yankee banana nut bread in my car ready to go back for exchange because it has zero throw.  If this one is a dud, it’ll be going back too. I have the receipt in my wallet. [smilie=th_aa17]