The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Scenting Divine Until February Twenty-Nine

Maggie, I adore this month's title!  I also had forgotten it was Leap Year!

Well we went to the Aquarium yesterday and it was packed, lots of families, which is good to see, but it was difficult to move. The nice thing about season passes is when it's like that, you can just check out a few favorites and head out the door.  The newer, younger octopus seems to be doing better than its predecessor, moving about the tank. They had named this one Davy Jones and it turns out that she is a female.  Davi!

Well, I've started this month's Red, Pink and White Challenge (and I hope you ladies will join in!):

VRC Peppermint Fluff 

Ava's Belle (fresh picked strawberry, lemon curd) - tart and juicy

BBW Rose Water Meringue - a sweet rose and vanilla - there are no words, so fabulous.

Happy Groundhog Day all!

Good Morning!

I had written a post yesterday but it disappeared.

Maggie-What a great title!  I hope your DH is feeling better.

Amy-This melting challenge sounds fun.  Maybe melting wax by color is a good way to get through some of my wax.  Glad you had a weekend home and I hope you are enjoying it.  I’m glad you got to visit the aquarium. 

Sharon-My daughter’s wedding is February 15th.  It is almost here. I’m almost ready but not quite. I have a second dress fitting on Tuesday.  We went into Manhattan yesterday for the final bridal dress fitting. We bring the dress home next week. 

Debra-I’m sorry you aren’t getting to melt much. I miss it when I don’t. Work comes first though. 

Valerie-We miss your posting.  Hope your DH is feeling better and hope you enjoyed seeing your girls. 

As part of the melting challenge I’m melting a pretty pink wax today-SB Pink Coconut Cream. 

I am also melting TBG Tunnel of Love.

Enjoy the day all!

Happy Super Bowl!  I am missing the Puppy Bowl...I should go tune in.  

Michele, my DIL had a black and Tiffany Blue wedding.  My dress was also black.   :sHa_okay:

Super title, Maggie!  I love it when it is Leap Day!

Amy, I would love to see a young octopus!  Our aquarium has a really neat jellyfish display, but I don't think I have seen octopuses...I remember when we were told it should be octopi...don't see that much anymore.

Tonight it is CYS - Lavender Breeze.

OK...time to get back to the dips and other snacks! Oh, and the commercials. :sFun_nahnahna3:

Hi All!

Melting today VCS Heat Miser Man.   This is Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting Noel Gooey Marshmallow.  This is Pink wax for the melting challenge.  

Debra-Black is getting more popular. 

Hope everyone is doing well.  

Hello All. Thanks regarding the title. 🤗 Was away for the weekend and now I am not feeling well. Had a sore throat at work but now I have a slight fever. Took some Nyquil and heading to bed.

Amy...would love to do that challenge. Soooo....how do I go about it...clueless here. Glad that little gal octopus is doing well...such smart creatures.

Debra...Tiffany blue and black? Wowsa....gorgeous!

Michele...Glad to hear everything is going smooth for you.

Melting Rosita by SGA

Flannel Sheets Season of the Witch by L3

goodnight

Hello hello all and I hope everyone is well!

Mag I'm sorry you don't feel well!  Noooo! I'd better type fast before that NyQuil takes hold... 🤣 For the melting challenge, for once the instructions are easy... Just melt red, pink, or white wax for the month of February in honor of Valentine's Day. That's it! I'm posting mine on Instagram with the hashtag #februarymeltingchallenge, but so far I seem to be the only one doing that, lol! I know three YouTubers who are also doing this challenge but they're not posting their pictures. Crickets again! But that's okay and those of us from CF can do whatever we want, right?  The main thing is that this helps us get through our stash and have some fun in the process.

Michele, I love the sound of that pink wax from VCS!  Even though her wax takes a long time to cure, I think she has such beautiful scents and I love the background smell of her wax.  You must be getting very excited for your daughter's wedding.  I can't wait to hear all about it!

Debra, I agree with Maggie, that black and Tiffany blue sounds amazing! And I agree with all of you that black has become an elegant choice at just about any function. That is a big change from when we were little and I think it's a good one.  How was the Puppy Bowl?  We were so tired yesterday that we didn't watch any of it but I did watch some of the commercials this morning. How is your work project going? The young octopus is absolutely beautiful and I just hope she is happy because to me that exhibit seems kind of small. I think I told this story before, but the octopus at the aquarium in Hawaii when we lived there took apart her drain and disappeared into the ocean. I was very happy about that. They are very smart creatures, and I know they are ambassadors for their species when they are in captivity, but I always feel bad for them.

Sharon I hope all is well!  And Susan, if you are reading this, please know that we are thinking about you and that we miss you.  Valerie, you have been MIA for a long time and you are sorely missed! Come back, come back!

Well I'm back on the road and I brought a bunch of red, pink, and white wax with me.   I must admit to a bit of speed melting where everything gets 2 hours and then I change it. There is just too much to get through.

CFTKR Strawberry Musk - in a gorgeous flower shape... Beautiful as all of Carol's wax is.

CYS Strawberry Marshmallow - this is really good wax and smells beautiful. If I ever learn how to order properly after this wax ban,I would like to get a few more pieces from this vendor, without ordering her entire catalog.

That's it for now!  Have a good night all!

Morning! 

Maggie, hope you are feeling better. I'm afraid it's the same over here, we're having an illness bout too. Couple of weeks ago Mike had a cold, on Saturday both myself and my son started with a sore throat (only mild though) then developed into the sniffles for me but has completely floored my son. Temperature, aches and headache. Thankfully he's better than he was. 

Debra, black and Tiffany Blue sounds amazing. 

Michele, not long now for the wedding. 

Amy, joining in today for your melting challenge

Kitchen ~ CFTKR Chilled Sangria

Living Room ~ Darley Lama Mum's Day Off (pink wax) 

Have a lovely day everyone 

Hello Everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well.   Melting today a pink wax from L3. It’s Pear, Strawberry Jam and Vanilla Wafer.  This is a gift from a CF friend.  It’s great.   It just started melting and it’s throwing already!

Maggie and Sharon-Feel better. 

I went for my second dress fitting this morning and I am very pleased.  

Have a great day all!!

Hi All!

It’s very quiet here.  I’m melting a very old pink wax -OPT Wildberry Lavender Zucchini Mousse. Not much scent.

I just changed it out to L3 Pie and Lattes- Cream Caramel Macchiato, Hot Fresh Baked Pie and Vanilla Ice Cream. This is great!  Lots of luck with this vendor. 

Hello everyone!  Very busy work week.

Very happy tonight because a friend and I just went to visit our colleague at the hospital. He is 73, was still working FT, and suffered a massive stroke on January 6th.  Honestly he was doing so poorly, not responding, not speaking, and so on, so we were all fearful that he would be more or less a vegetable. So imagine our delight that he is now doing so much better, talking clearly, able to focus on our faces and have a relatively normal conversation.  His left side is still paralyzed so he has a long road ahead. But it seems that he could have some decent quality of life after a long rehab.  He told us how happy he is to have visitors and honestly the whole thing just made my week.

I'm delighted that a bunch of us here are doing the red, pink, and white melting challenge!!  I'm pretty happy with this because I love strawberry and a lot of these colors seem to have strawberry in them. What is everybody melting? Michele, your L3 sounds fabulous.  I've been melting from her bakery sampler that we got last year and I'm really pleased, how about you?  Sharon, that Darley Llama wax is so good, glad you had some in pink!!

Well tonight it's:

VRC Pink Grapefruit - this one takes the prize for the whole week.  Fantastic, beautiful sweet tangy grapefruit, ooo la la, I adore this one.

VRC Strawberry Preserves - also delicious

BBW Fresh Cut Lilacs (white) -smells just like the huge lilac bush in our yard.

Scentworx Sugar Cookie (white, scrumptious, and makes up for the next one).  I would repurchase.  Yum!

Scentworx Frosted Berry (red) - so so disappointing.  No scent at all and this is my third evening with it.  I think they forgot the fragrance oil.  This brand (from Kohl's) has been hit or miss.

Sleep tight all.  Going home tomorrow. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Glad tomorrow is home day, Amy! The work project is still consuming a lot of time. I think it is supposed to last several more weeks - we are waiting to hear the timeline.

Michele!  It is getting so close!  So exciting!

Sharon and Maggie - I am sending you good healthy wishes, I hope you are on the mend.

Tonight it is a late start for my melting again - Crosscreek Berry Balsam - and it happens to be red!

Good Morning!

Amy-I’m glad you are heading home today. My L3 melt from yesterday I believe was from her Bakery Sampler.  Thanks for recommending this vendor.  I am so pleased with this Sampler and all I have melted. Glad your colleague is doing better. 

Debra-The wedding is close and I’m getting excited.  

My mom would have been 94 today.   Time flies.  She’s gone almost 2 years already. Enjoy the day all.  I will report back when I turn on the melters.  

Good evening all. Thanks for the well wishes. It's been a tough couple of days. I ended up with a fever and the same evening 2 family members from the in-law sides of the families passed away. 2020 has been pretty bad so far. 

Sharon...I am sorry to hear you've all had an illness....I hope you are all feeling better now!

Debra...yikes...all work and no play make it hard to melt! Glad you got something good in the warmer!

Michele...I'm sorry you are missing your mom. I know how you feel. It will be 15 years for me this year and it feels like yesterday. 

Amy...I'm sooo happy for your friend! Yay! It will be tough work but he can get most of that back if he works hard enough. I'm glad you see an improvement already. Thanks for the info on the melting challenge....I am totally illiterate as far as hashtags....can you tell? LOL 

Tonight it's all red and pink and all CFOW....

Poison Apple, Princess Peach and Good Morning Miss Bliss

Have a good evening.

Mag I am so sorry that you've been sick!  Also I I'm very sorry to hear of two of your DH's family passing away. Indeed a rough year so far. I am sending up prayers and sending you a big hug.

Debra, please don't work yourself silly or you will be sick too!!  I hope you are getting some rest!

Michele, you must be so excited!  And yes I love that L3 bakery sampler and it has just gotten stronger and stronger.

I'm loving this wax challenge especially since all of us are doing it together. I melted quite a bit this week but the best one was:

VRC Pink Grapefruit - So juicy and tangy and I simply will need to order more of this later in the year.

I'm home and it's supposed to snow tonight...DH has a rehearsal this evening so I hope it holds off until he gets home.  Sleep tight all and Maggie please feel better soon. ❤️

Thanks for the well wishes, we are at the end of this sickness bug thankfully. 

Maggie, hope you're feeling better and I'm sorry to hear about your relatives. Not a good start to 2020 indeed. 

Michele, not long to go now, looking forward to hearing about the wedding. OPT? I'm certain I've tried this vendor, sounds familiar. Long story short, a few years ago there were people over here who set up their own online business and bought from American vendors and sold them on. Then, rules came out here that all vendors had to be CLP compliant and every wax had to have a safety label on them. Well, that would include any wax that came from abroad too and it had to be the vendor who did it, not the person here selling it on. That would obviously be so much more work for your vendors to do it just for us. We can still order direct from America obviously, if its for our own use, its only if we sell it on as a business thing we have to comply. Phew, longer story than I thought, lol. 

Amy, happy news about your colleague, wonderful. Did it snow last night? 

Carrying on with your challenge Amy, I'm melting Snow Fairy by Darley Lama. It's pink!! 

Happy Friday everyone. 

Sharon, I'm so glad you are feeling better and forgive me for not sending well wishes last night!  Well done on the pink wax!  Yes we have to observe all the CLP guidelines at work as well and it was challenging a few years ago when all of the documentation changes came into force.  🤯

Yes it did snow, not much but a covering, and it is beautiful. ❄️❄️❄️

In honor of the snow I am burning:

Homeworx Let It Snow, a blend of gala apple, pear, caramelized sugar, evergreen, and fresh mint leaf.  So beautiful. ❤️❤️ This smells quite a bit like my beloved Colonial Candle melt Snow Day, the old formulation which is discontinued, so I am doubly glad for this candle as I was missing that scent!

Stay warm everyone - Sharon and Maggie please get better soon!

Good Morning.

Sharon....thanks and I'm so glad to hear you're at the end of that terrible sickness. Yuck. Good riddance to it!  I was a big buyer and blender over at OPT...lots of fun. She is in the process of closing down now so she only has RTS left on site. 😢

Amy...thanks my friend. It's a slow process here...the cough is pretty nasty sounding but without that fever I'm feeling like I won the lottery. I'll give it a few more days to see if I can kick it and then head into the doctor to see if I need antibiotics. Pretty sure I don't yet....everything seems like it's staying out of my lungs for now. Lucky you got some snow! 🌨 I really would love a big snow storm...as long as it kept everyone from driving in it! Thanks regarding the passing of my in-laws families...it's actually my SIL mom and my BIL dad....both married to my siblings. It is a tough time for my poor nieces and nephews...first wake was last night. 
I am rewarming the tarts from the other day but will change them up for the challenge...I do enjoy this idea...honestly, can't smell a thing...lol....but it's fun.

So it's a pinkish lavender tart bar from CFOW in Trivial Pursuit...ohhh....I can actually smell this....ZB, coconut and blueberry. 💕

Have a nice Saturday.

Hello all!  More snow last night and it was so pretty, but now it is melting 😑 so we have to enjoy it while we can.

Mag, Sharon, I'm glad you both seem to be on the mend!  Yes... The aftermath of a cold or flu, with the funky cough... So little joy in that and at least for me, the cough takes forever to shake.  I hope you both will feel much better very soon. ❤️❤️

Michele one more week til the wedding, OMG!!  Squeeeee!!

Debra, I hope you are resting this weekend!

Susan, we are thinking of you... Come back soon!

Valerie, you are MIA girl, what is the story, come back soon!

I'm really all tickled "pink" that we are all doing this challenge together... Or tickled red... Or white...🤣

Today I am burning a beloved white candle:

Homeworx Winter Fireside - oh, so beautiful, but this one has had toppling wicks which drift around in the wax and then keel over wholesale while burning and extinguish themselves, a nifty little trick, so this has gone under a candle lamp.

And melting:

Wonderberry All the Diggity - pink sugar and blackberry, loveliness, and very pink.

Enjoy the rest of the day all!!

Hello!  Thank heavens for weekends!  Otherwise I would just pull out a little cot and stay at the office, LOL!  

I am glad to  hear you all are getting better, and Amy I hope you are happy with the amount of snow you received - we are getting close to the end of the season...happy dance out here!  We had our first daffodil bloom this week.

Maggie, I am not so good at the hashtag stuff either!

Tonight it is Colonial - Citrus Woods.

Good Morning. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Well....the dishwasher is broken. Ugh. When I was sick, someone tried to use it for  the first time....and ripped the dishwasher fluid lid right off the machine. Didn't know it slides...he said. [smilie=th_hmph] Yep....that's me. 
Debra...my kids keep telling me they'll show how to use hashtags...then they say some words really fast and smile. I have no clue. Daffodils? How pretty! I'm thinking Spring is on it's way too...although I'm still waiting on my snow.

Amy...hope you are enjoying your weekend home. Will you be off again tomorrow? 
Michele...so close now!! [smilie=th_Hnh5]
Susan....hope you are well.

Valerie....thinking of you!

For some reason I keep thinking lavender is part of this challenge [smilie=th_oops_]...I picked Cedar Leaf and Lavender from a sweet pal [smilie=th_ef3416a0]...it is lavender in color but I can pretend it's pink. Amazing blend. 💕

Have a good day.

Hello everyone. I want to give you a update. I am having a eye problem . I am being treat for it. It's been a rough time so far.

Maggie, sorry to hear about the deaths in your family, hugs to you.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. 

Susan- I am so sorry to hear about your eye problems.  Sorry you are having a rough time.  I hope everything is back to normal soon.  Feel better!  Hugs to you. 

Yes the wedding will be here in 6 days!! We are finishing up last minute details.

I'm melting TBG The Sultan’s Bride  This is a version of Lush Sultana.

Oooh, it's so good to hear from almost everybody.  It's like in the movie Grease when Frenchie says, "Oh, the gang's all here!" ♥️♥️♥️

Susan, I am so sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your eyes. I know you are following doctor's orders and I hope you will keep us updated. Thank you so much for letting us know what's going on and we are all sending hugs and prayers! You are missed!

Mag, you didn't say who ripped the little door off the dishwasher liquid, but I might have a guess!!  Grrrrrrr!  My special someone broke my coffee grinder in similar fashion, turning the little dial too far. Can we just put them out to sea?? 🤯🤯 And I think lavender is perfectly acceptable for the wax challenge! It's in the red and pink family, isn't it?! 😃👍

Michele, oh the excitement must be enormous!  Where are they going for their honeymoon?  I love your Lush Sultana.

Debra, please don't sleep on a cot at work, that is too pitiful!  I hope the second project will calm down soon.  And daffodils already?!  They are so lovely even if they are early!

Well yes back on the horse, er, plane tomorrow.  As some of you know, I broke my wax ban yesterday to get my beloved Bunny Hop from Ava's in two snap bars.  To justify the shipping, I may have thrown in a couple of other little items.  So far this has not been a gateway drug and I hope to keep it that way!

So today I melted a few things early but my favorite was:

VRC Strawberry Lemonade - so tart and lovely that it made my mouth pucker.  Honestly Sarah's wax is just perfection, as least in my home. ♥️♥️♥️

Enjoy your evening all!!

Hello girls! 👋

I’m trying to get caught up! I’ve missed a lot. 😔

Susan - I’m sorry to hear about your eye trouble. Hope it gets better quickly! Hugs to you! 💗

Maggie - Hope you’re feeling better and what a bummer on the dishwasher! 🤬

Sharon - Glad to hear you’re also on the mend! 😊

Debra - Hope you can get back to your normal melting regime soon. And hashtag? What’s that? 😂 

Amy - You’ve got me curious about the Bunny Hop, and also, those VRC scents have me looking in her clearance section. 😬 Her shipping is way too high though so I’m safe. Phew!

Michele - Just a few more days! How exciting! 👰🛎 

I ordered a Rainbow Melts Coffee Sampler last night. 🙊

Editing to add my scents! Lol

Swanky Ivory Lace

VCS Nag Champa

Homemade Blue Sugar Cactus & Sea Salt

Burning GC Oatmeal Cookies.