The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

I've Got 2,020 More Tarts to Melt! - January 2020

Good morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Maggie, I love your month title so much.  I think all of us can relate to that!!

How can it be 2020?!  I hope everyone had a safe, enjoyable evening last night.  We had quite a lot of local noisemaking with firecrackers and guns going off 🙄 between midnight and 2 am.  We played with Eli, who thankfully wasn't as upset as last year, until he calmed down.  Clemmie was mildly interested but went back to sleep, contrary to previous years, and the beagles couldn't have cared less.  So that's done for another year!

Debra, I hope your kitties came through the celebration ok!  Did they need cuddling?  I truly hate these noisy holidays for the animals.  To answer your question about the candles, I am melting most of them all the way down.  There are a few I wasn't so crazy about that did go back into the cabinet only partially melted.... some of those super-sweet caramel ones... 🤪

Maggie, I did go to sleep early or I would have played games with you!  When is your party?  I'm glad your Dad is doing well and that's funny about him zooming home.  A man after my own heart - wanted to get his sleep in before the noise! 🤣

Susan, I'm truly sorry you have to work today!  😱 Your gourmand scents sounded tasty yesterday.

Sharon, I enjoyed it yesterday when you were already in 2020 and the rest of us were lagging behind.  You had a jump on the New Year and I hope you had a good evening!

Well this morning it's:

BBW Blueberry Pie - I really have to fight off the desire to eat this candle.

Homeworx Amaretto Pumpkin, nearing the bottom and a sooty mess but still smelling glorious.

BBW Frozen Lake - so fresh!

ScentSationals Festive Bubbly - fresh pear, grapes, and white floral - from a melting challenge on IG and today it's a fizzy scent (#moniesmeltingchallenge if you'd like to play!) - this one is SO STRONG so he may have a limited welcome in my kitchen.

Have a wonderful first day of the New Year and I hope this one will bring happiness and good health to all of you!

Happy New Year Everyone! 🎉🎉

Maggie-I absolutely love this title!!  Very appropriate and oh so true. 

I’m melting VRC Gingerbread Applesauce.  This is very good!!  

We are going out to dinner later.  No big party here today. I’m not really ready for that yet and I have things for the bridal shower on Saturday all over the house. 

My knee is coming along. The PT helps a lot 

Just relaxing and it feels good. 

We went to my friend’s house last night to ring in the new year.  

Have great day!

Happy New Year to all!! 🥳 We were sending HNY messages to family and my nephew is in CA so he had three more hours to go....however, when I woke up his messages were waiting for me from 3 am. The time difference is crazy. Thanks Re the title. It's a problem. Lol

Debra...I don't know about energy but I love crafting so any  excuse to build a $25,000 pyramid out of cardboard and paper is all I need. Lololol. 
Amy...if we can all manage to meet up together at some point...I'm bringing the games! :sFun_idea:  My get together is Saturday...still have some odds and ends to finish up and then get the booze and food. 
Michele...enjoy your dinner today....and so exciting about Saturday! Yay! Does your DD know? I don't think the girls have surprises anymore...I guess they want to show up looking good....lol....not in my day!! 
image.thumb.jpeg.42688f6cfe7384b6681610ed4e186861.jpegThis is pretty much what I looked like at my shower...lol.
Well it's all gifties today and they smell great!
Fireside by Nenes

Victorian Christmas by PI

Christmas Cabin by CFTKR

Good morning all!

Well we all slept like Rumpelstiltskin last night after the noisy night the day before.  It sounds as though our little tribe had a good New Year's!

Maggie, you are actually building a big pyramid??  You continue to amaze me!  You are on for games when we do all get together!  And I doubt that you ever looked like Pigpen! 😂

Michele, I know you are in full action for Saturday's shower.  I know it will be a great success!!  And how did I miss VRC Gingerbread Applesauce?  That sounds delicious!

This vacation has gone so fast.  I am trying to savor the last few days. 

Well this morning it's:

YC Balsam & Cedar melt cup - I love this scent and it could be stronger.

L3 Snow Bunny Blue Sugar - Pink Sugar, Blue Sugar, Spearmint, Buttercream.  This is glorious and I'm so happy to be back in step with blue sugar...I really melted it too much last year and needed a break from it.  Much better than the straight Snow Bunny of the other day which was just too sweet by itself. 🤪

Happy Thursday all!

Good morn ladies. Happy New Year. Melting: silver bells by scentsy.

Candlelove, happy you are doing ok with the knee. Hope the bridal shower goes well.

Good Morning!!

I hope everyone is doing well today.  

Thanks to all regarding the bridal shower.  Everything is almost complete.  

Maggie- yes my daughter knows about the shower. She doesn’t know too many of the details though.  She has picked her perfect outfit and of course is getting her hair and makeup done lol.  

On Monday I will start driving on my own. First thing I’m bringing my dad to a doctor appointment.  I have enjoyed the rest and relaxation. Unfortunately my husband needs to head back to work Monday. Everyone can’t wait for me to drive again.  It’s going to be a hectic week. 

Today’s melt is a long ignored vendor - SGA. Haven’t melted from my SGA wax in forever. It’s The Cove.  This is cherries, coconut, sweetened with a vanilla cream and baked into a sweet biscotti.  Delicious!!

Amy- I don’t know how you missed Gingerbread Applesauce either.  You put it into my basket at VRC.   I thought you put one into your basket too. Lol. 

Enjoy the day all!!   

Good evening, well into the swing of 2020!  Like you, Amy, I needed that night of rest after a the ongoing firecrackers of the night before.

Michele, I  bet waiting for you to drive is like waiting for your teenager, who has too many activities, to get their license. You worry about how they are doing, but it sure is nice to know someone else has wheels!

Cookie - I remember that scent from Scentsy!  I may even have a cube or two left.

Maggie, I haven't had a chance yet to agree that your title is a very good representation of the the situation in my house also. 😊

Tonight it is CFTKR - Potpourri Spice

Maggie, great title, and as others have said we can all relate!! 

Happy New year to you all. 

New year was quiet, spent at home. 

This morning I'm melting Pumpkin Soufflé by Darley Lama from the Halloween box she did. It's scrummy. First time melting from that box. 

I'm not a 100% seasonal melter so Halloween in January is fine lol. I'll melt Christmas fragrances in the summer, the other day I burnt YC Napa Valley Sun when it was really wintry out. 

Anyone here strict seasonal melters? Or not? 

Good Morning all....and thanks regarding the title, you guys! :thwetkissf:
Sharon....I am mostly a seasonal melter although I love shaking things up once in a while. For me it's due to storage....I must take half of my inventory and store it away every six months (so my summer stuff is away now...I'll swap in Spring) or I won't have anywhere to keep it. My goal is to stop buying long enough to keep everything I own out and use from there...buying as I have room. Crazy that I have that as a goal...lol. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Susan....yep....I remember too....Silver Bells is a good one! 
Yahoo, Michele....back to driving! You must be doing well! I'm sure some independence will feel so good!

Amy...oh...thanks...lol! I'd love to be games captain...lol. Oh dear...I'm not building a pyramid...it's a 4' x 4' thin box that I've tried to make look like the board from the show with the red and orange boxes. We will see how it goes...lol. Savor your last days of vacation...do you head out Monday morn?

The kids were so quiet yesterday and one fell asleep on the play mat. It's nice being back though.

Gingerbread Man Melts by Nanas Tarts From a sweet CF pal

Mulled Cider & Chestnut by Ten Digit

Have a good one. 

Good morning all!

The last weekend before going back to work. 😭 These two weeks went so very quickly!  Happily it looks as though I will not have to travel until Tuesday.  We shall see.

Susan, I love any candy cane scent - that sounds delicious.

Debra, thank you for mentioning CFTKR, which I have been neglecting.  I know Carol's wax lasts such a long time, so I am less proactive about reaching into that basket.  How was the potpourri spice blend?

Michele, thinking of you today at your daughter's bridal shower!  I'm sure it will be lovely due to all your hard work!

Maggie, also thinking of you as you entertain your friends at your party!  You ladies are so creative.  I'm glad you're happy to be back at school and I can imagine the kids are recovering from the holidays just like the rest of us!

Sharon, the Halloween Darley Lama wax sounds lovely.  Yes, I'm pretty much a seasonal melter, although there are some things I will melt at any time like mint scents.  I constantly waver between organizing by vendor, season, or scent notes. 😵🤪🤔 I kind of liked having everything organized by scent notes last year... But it feels like too much work right now to change it all out from its current by-vendor status.

Well yesterday I inventoried the candles and realized that I really don't need any more for quite awhile.  As usual I have overdone...I remember being alone in Virginia in October and thinking, wouldn't it be lovely to have a flickering candle, now that it's fall?  And went merrily down another rabbit hole..

At least I can see a dent in the wax.  I'm doing a melting challenge from IG and that's been fun so far!

So today it's:

That Smell Good Shop Bonfire Bliss - a sweet smoky blend that I'm really enjoying.

BBW Marshmallow Fireside - the classic scent, which I first tried in their little round wax melt clams two years ago - but this candle is really being difficult, with puny little flames the size of a match head.  😤 

Enjoy your weekend all!

Good morn.  Melting today: Holiday Sprinkles by Mystic

Tealights: Peppermint by Mystic

Have a good Saturday.

Add a candle: Hollyberry by Crossroads candle co.  New to me company, found this on vacation.

Good Morning!

Susan...I love Crossroads candles! I love their artwork candles and they throw wonderfully for me to boot! I hope you enjoy your new candle!

Amy...I know...doesn't it go so quickly? Glad you may be able to wait until Tuesday to travel! 🤞🏻 Thank you about the party today...I do hope it is a success.  Your IG Challenge sounds fun....and having the right scent probably isn't too difficult when you have a "large selection" to choose from...lol. 
Michele...best of luck today with your DDs bridal shower! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

This morning it's The Melted Duck in Naughty Noel...probably melting too soon but I was hankering for a smooth minty scent...let's see how it does.

Have a great Saturday!

Happy New Year! 🎊

I’ve been catching up on all I’ve missed. Sounds like everyone is doing well. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Maggie ~ Your party sounds like loads of fun. Enjoy! Also, love the title. ❤️ Me, times two or three or four. [smilie=th_thsecret]

Michele ~ How exciting! The big day is finally here. Well, the first big day anyway. 😉

Debra and Amy  ~ I didn’t have to deal with any scared kitties on New Year’s Eve. We heard fireworks, but the kitties didn’t mind a bit.

Sharon ~ I melt whatever I feel whenever I feel like it. I’m swimming in wax. [smilie=th_aa17]

Susan ~ Mystic sounds like a vendor that might have scents up my alley, but I will resist looking, 

Swanky Buttery Toast & Jam Strawberry Sugar and Buttery Toast & Jam Blueberry Cookie Crunch

Homemade Passion Fruit Limeade

Started up a Partylite Peppermint Snowflake candle today. The Holly Jolly Berry candle was very nice this past week. These truly are the best candles, no huge black soot bombs and mess. Clean burning all the way down and throw is fantastic!

It’s been a difficult week. DD#2 headed back to Albuquerque on the first and it’s been stressful ever since. Unfortunately, we didn’t  have a lot of quality time with my having been so sick her first week back while car shopping and getting ready for Christmas, then boyfriends and all, but such is life. I savored every moment and I’m grateful she’s not going back to France! 🙏

Valerie, it is so good that you get to keep her closer to home.  Hopefully you will get together again soon!

Maggie and Michele - I hope your day went well!

Amy, sad to have the vacation over...but I hope you are all refreshed and ready for the week!  My Potpourri Spice has a lot of cinnamon in it - I am just beginning to melt that scent again after fall overload.

Susan, how was the throw on your tealight?  Sometimes they can be sort of small to get much scent, so it is nice to find a good one!

Tonight it is a chunk bar from Cheryl's - Blueberry, Lemonade and Vanilla Coconut.

Good morn everyone.  Melting today: Snowcake by Hayden Rowe

Risk by CFOW

State Badger Coco by Rosegirls

Debra, love her tea lights work wonderful for me.

Thanks Valerie and Debra....it went well...folks left around 2:30am but I was cleaning till 4:37 am. :sSc_faint:

Debra...love the cinnamon scents on cold days. 💕

Sharon....that Sandalwood and Black Pepper scent sounds interesting!

Valerie...so glad your DD will be much closer than before. I'm sure next time the visit will be better with no sickness! 🙂

Its CFOW in Ugh...Men! (Blue Sugar, Fire Roasted Marshmallow, Sugar Cookie)❤️

Have a good one. 

Good morning all,

Back to work today.  I do feel refreshed after the break.

Maggie, I'm so happy your party went well and I'm not at all surprised!  That's a late night especially with the cleanup.  You are such a loving friend to organize this wonderful party every year!

Michele, I can imagine you will be happy to have a little rest after your DD's bridal shower!   You put so much of yourself into the preparations and your daughters are very lucky.

Valerie, you too deserve a rest after being sick and helping your daughter find a car.  Did you find one you were happy with?  I'm glad both of your DD's are not so far away now.  The PartyLite candies do sound lovely and when I come off of this no-buy (well, that's the plan...) I would like to check them out.

Debra, I know what you mean about cinnamon....I can take it in little bursts and then I need some alone time.  Your Cheryl's sounds beautiful - I don't think I've had coconut with blueberry/lemonade and that sounds like a good combo.

Susan, Crossroads Candles you say?   Hmmm, another one to check out after the no-buy.  I do remember that being mentioned on here before!

Sharon, it's a good thing that Darley Lama isn't readily accessible over here, because that would be a constant temptation. 

Well yesterday it was all Vintage Road:

VRC Holiday Cookies - a Christmas cranberry blend with pine and cranberry, beautiful and very strong

VRC Cranberry Orange Cookie - delicious!

Both of those were from the VRC Cookie Sampler and extremely strong, lasting 24 hours in the Ashland warmers which are my hottest ones.

VRC Cranapple Marmalade 1-wick candle, light but lovely.

And this morning so far it's:

BBW Pink Lilac & Vanilla 3-wick - and this beautiful fragrance is a favorite.  Filling the room and a heavenly sweet creamy floral.

Enjoy your Monday all.  Back on the chain gang! 

Morn ladies.  Melting today: Christmas Clouds by Hayden Rowe

More than four by Hayden Rowe, sugar cookie and frosting

Tis the season, chopped up the candle didn't want to burn right, BBW

Have a good day.

Good evening!  I just came home after a very long meeting, so it will be relights and off to bed!

Nice to be able to repurpose wax, Susan!

Amy, we could be dangerous after our no-buy is over...after all, I have been clearing out room, and hate to see it not utilized!

[smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Good morning all!

I don't have to travel until tomorrow 🎉 and am really enjoying working from home for a couple of days.  

Susan, good for you to chop up that candle and get some use out of it, since it wasn't burning right.  Say more, was it smoking?  Puny wicks?  Not pooling?  So many ways to misbehave. 🙄😤 We should start a "When Good Candles Go Bad" thread so we can complain about this.  And I love that fragrance....grrrr.  

Debra...now Debra... We are going to maintain our excellent new habits (and I say this after purchasing a candle duo yesterday) after we reduce our stashes, yes?  We are going to keep our collections to a manageable level.  We are going to strictly follow the One In, One Out principle.  We are not going to buy wax late at night, when we are upset about work, tired, hungry, or homesick, or when we are overcome with FOMO.  This, and other works of fiction.  Maggie says if we can do this, we are a rare unicorn.  😂 But it's nice to dream...

So!  Clemmie woke me up at 3:30 wanting to cuddle, and there was no going back to sleep, so I lit some candles:

Homeworx Blackberry Tres Leches and Vanilla Currant Biscotti - be still, my heart - these two are so lovely together.

BBW London Tea and Biscuits - primarily a lemon scent with a light shortbread background, absolutely gorgeous, but so light that it has been relegated to the (very small) bathroom.  It takes hours to pool out and now that it has reached the halfway point, is starting with the puny wicks...see above.

And three hours later, I've switched over to wax:

SGA Palo Santo Type - such a beautiful wood scent, very very strong so not sure I will stay with it all day, but lovely for now.

I hope everyone is enjoying their week so far.  Does anyone have snow?  So warm here and the birds are singing their heads off. 🤔

Amy,  that may be fantasy land!  I would love to be that disciplined...but you nailed it...late night, sales and boredom!

I have one of the ol' autumn scents going, by far one of my favorites - AmbiEscents - Pumpkin Snickerdoodle.

Good morn ladies.  Yes we had some snow here on Tuesday.   This is what I melted yesterday and today: 

Clue by CFOW

Cereal Number by Satin Suzie

Danish Butter Cookies by CYS

Amyjo,  punny wicks, which is why I haven't bought any candles from BBW in a long time. Will see what the other three wick I have from them will do.