The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Dancing with my scents - December 2019

Good morn ladies. Amyjo, hope you enjoyed your stay in my home state of Virginia. We do have bears in them mountains lol.

Melting today: Grandma got run over by a chain chomp by Rosegirls, cherries maybe not sure

Spearmint and did somebody say frosting by Rosegirls

Hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning everyone!

Very lovely to be home and in my own house.  DH has to work today and was apologizing...I tried to act sad.  "Oh, that's a shame, sweetheart... I'll manage here in the peace and quiet somehow..."

Also the shortest day of the year, so Happy Winter Solstice!  Tomorrow the days start getting longer, which always makes me happy. 😍🌄

Susan, if you are in Virginia, perhaps we could have a coffee sometime...I am there almost every week...DM me if you like.  I love your beautiful state and we used to camp along Skyline Drive years ago... Only saw bears a couple of times and always hope to again.

Maggie!!  You're actually on break now, will you have some time to relax?  You made me laugh when you said I'm social... When it comes to our group, yes... Wax provides a common ground and I don't know, scent people just seem to be a lovely crowd... At work I am regarded as a bit of a hermit, staying 40 minutes away from everyone else in my little mountain hotel... I need space. 🤣

Debra, you will need a break from cat wrangling.  Is everybody finished with shots now?  I salute your excellent care of your pets!👍🎉♥️

Michele, I hope you will have some downtime over the holidays because soon The Year of the Weddings will be upon you.   I hope you're not hosting New Year's again this year.  🤯

Honeybear, now that your DD is home, how is she doing?  And I hope your DH is feeling better!

Yesterday I had the eye doctor who said my eye thing is stable, and that my job is to continue using the cream and drops, so yay!!  He says that airplanes are terrible for eyes because they have no humidification, and asked did I travel much? 😂

Well it's been:

Southbound Sugared Spruce - cassis, Spruce, fir needles, sugar.  Gorgeous.

Vintage Road Berry Balsam - balsam, cedar, sugared berries - really like this.

BBW Fresh Balsam - this candle will finish in about an hour and I'm sorry to see it end.

Homeworx Amaretto Pumpkin - oh this is just lovely, although he wants to get too hot and soot, so he is one you have to not let burn too long and keep trimming.   Nonetheless this is a beautiful scent and throws very well.

and as a little treat,

BBW Rose Water Meringue - from the new spring collections - Oh. My. Goodness.  Scandalously delicious.  A gentle rose with perhaps a bit of berry in there, and a tasty creamy background.... Ohhhhhhh.  

Another War and Peace posting, will she ever stop talking??  Enjoy your Saturday...Countdown to Christmas, so Stay Calm and Enjoy!

Good morning everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well.  Countdown to Christmas is coming up quickly!

Susan, I also love that 'Tis the Season candle. ♥️

Well today it's:

Southbound Nog Cream - Lush Yog Nog type - caramelized brown sugar, clove, ylang ylang, cotton candy, vanilla, musk.  Delicious!

Vintage Road Yog Nog type - slightly different but very similar to the SB - caramelized brown sugar, strawberry, clove, ylang ylang, cotton candy, vanilla, musk.  I guess the strawberry is the only different note and they do smell different.

Is everybody ready?  Are you hosting, visiting, or both this year? 🎄🎶♥️🤯

Amy, we will be hosting this year.  Finally everyone will be in town at the same time!

I don't think I have tried that candle, Amy and Cookie. Sounds like one I need to investigate.

Christmas Eve Eve - and I suddenly am remembering things I did not do.  Trying to decide if it is worth the traffic or just have things be late...

Tonight it is BH&G  - Red Currant and Poinsettia

Good morning all and Merry Christmas Eve,

Debra, I am having that same feeling... What am I forgetting?  Unfortunately there are answers to that question!  I'm very happy that all of you will be together - that's the best present of all!!  And to you and everyone else who is hosting, making a dish, or preparing to hold your tongue with those *certain* relatives, may your day be as peaceful and merry as it can be. ♥️♥️♥️

Tonight we will be going to DH's niece's house for dinner, and tomorrow we will be joining a wonderful gathering of my son's friends as we have been doing every year.   We are bringing a dish to both events so from a preparation standpoint, my duties are light.

Today I am seeing my best girlfriend, who I call my sister, for lunch and we will exchange presents. ♥️

So this morning it's:

Yankee Cranberry Chutney wax melts - the little cubes - and this is so strong and beautiful.

BBW Blueberry Pie - I'm glad another one of these is arriving today because the crust note is just perfection.

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve everyone and a very Merry Christmas! 🎄♥️😘

Good morning all! Did everyone everyone survive Christmas?  I hope it was peaceful and joyous at least some of the time!  

It's been:

YC Cranberry Chutney wax cubes, very strong and delicious.

BBW Tree Farm, lovely evergreen scent.

BH&G Frazier Fir melts - just as good as any other vendor and a fraction of the cost.... Sometimes I think we could just shop at Walmart and have lovely scents... But that will probably not happen...

Beginning today I am back on my celebration of what I have... Not switching to another category to overbuy...*sigh*

Have fun all!

OMG Amy....hysterical!!! Crickets!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! Finally ready for a little blobbing. 
Ive been melting Amish Quilt by Wax Workshoppe....wonderful!!

Holidays are fun...then there is the clean-up. [smilie=th_cha60]  I ran the dishwasher 3 times one day. 

I have worked my way through the Christmases - Cheryl's:  Christmas Lane, Christmas Hearth and Christmas Tree.

Good morning,  I see that the crickets have scattered!  Maggie, Debra, so good to see you both and I'm glad you had good Christmases!

Mag - I totally blobbed yesterday - this is so important in life.  LOL!

Debra - oh the dishes are one of life's constants, aren't they?!  

Well I've been digging into the gifties and they all smellso good: ♥️♥️♥️

The Melting Duck Eucalyptus Spearmint - so refreshing!  Beautiful shapes.

Cheryl's Lord of Misrule - perfection and again I love her shapes, perfect size.

BBW Chocolate Lava Cake three-wick - I can feel myself gaining weight just smelling this chocolate decadence.

Homemade Christmas Memories - we have such a talented wax-maker in our midst, such a beautiful and nostalgic scent.

Thank you sweet friends!! Enjoy your Friday, all!

Hi everyone, hope you all had a lovely Christmas. 

I've blobbed for the last 2 days too, the day after Christmas day is also a holiday here too, except for some people in retail, some open, the smaller shops stay closed. 

Been out for a beach walk today, wrapped up warm as it was chilly. Just got home so not melted today as yet. 

Good Morning [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe
I hope all is well with you!

Debra....oh gosh....three times is a lot! 
Amy and Sharon...glad you got a chance to blob! [smilie=cloud_9]

Its Colonial Candles Balsam Fir this morning...one of my favorite scents at Christmas time.  So much running and racing and now I don't know what to do with myself. [smilie=th_fear8]I've been debating weather to take down decorations early or let them go until the end of the Christmas season...I think I'll let them sit until the 6th at least. At least that's what I say today...lol.
Have a good one. 

I took the day off, will head to the beach soon.  

Sounds like a lot of good regrouping time for all - after all the hustle and bustle getting ready. 

Michele - how's the knee? Still healing well?

Sharon - more info about your 2nd holiday, please!

Maggie, I am sad that Colonial does not seem to be carrying many melts anymore. Very few are on the website. I wasn't crazy about the really soft wax, but so many wonderful scents!

Amy - with the B&BW Sale - more Lava Cake coming? Cocoa?

Today  it is ST - Indiana Jones.  I can smell currant and honey.

December 26th is called Boxing Day and it was traditionally a day off for servants and they received a 'Christmas Box' from the master. The servants would also go home on this day to give 'Christmas Boxes' to their families. 

Nowadays it's a public holiday where most businesses are closed, some retail are open, hospitals are obviously open but like weekends there are no office staff or clinics, no scheduled operations etc. 

Boxing day sales happen too, great time for bargains so shops can get hectic. 

Question, if Christmas Day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, would the following Monday be a public holiday? It is here. If Christmas and Boxing Days fall on Saturday and Sunday then Monday and Tuesday will be a holiday. Same with New Year's Day too. 

Hello hello, lovely to see the chitchat! ♥️♥️♥️

Debra and Maggie, totally agree, I miss the Colonial Candle melts, love their fragrances so very much.  They didn't have many melts this year, but ewwww,  they had that licorice one that I thought I liked last year... Not to mention what they did to Snow Day... Don't get me started...

Sharon, thank you for clarifying what Boxing Day means, I had no idea.   I do know that Lush does 50% off on that day and I totally forgot about it, probably a good thing!

Sharon, yes, if Christmas falls on the weekend, many businesses, but not all, will give another day off.

Debra, I am trying to restrain myself from the big BBW sale, although I caved a bit today - I went in to exchange two candles which I had received from extended family and ended up buying two body care items at half price as well.  My store didn't have any of the candles on deep discount, although the sale is young and there are a couple of weeks to go.  As long as I was there, Yankee Candle was right next door and had their melt cups on sale for $3 each, so "a number" of them came home with me. It's hopeless.

I am home alone with a pan of eggplant parm that I baked for Christmas and it is just killing me.   

What is everyone doing today?  Debra and Sharon, the beach sounds fabulous.  Mag, I'm with you... I am fighting the urge to take down the Christmas decorations...

Good to hear from you - Michele, Susan, Valerie, report in please. 🎄♥️

Good morning all,

I hope everyone is well and enjoying some downtime after the Christmas festivities!

Looking at making a new melting basket with non-Christmas scents and not sure how I want to do it.  I would like to mix up the vendors, but then it's hard to see a dent... So may start out by vendor.  That worked well last year, or at least it did until I got bored with that approach and went off on a buying campaign.  🙄 EDITED - by vendor it is.  It's L3 Scoops Week! 🎉🎉🎉

This morning it's been two candles:

BBW 'Tis The Season - I love this scent but the flames have gotten tiny.  I guess I should cotton ball it.

BBW Pink Lilac & Vanilla - such a beautiful creamy sweet floral.  This one has the opposite wick issue, with huge dancing flames, very hot, and I trimmed both these candles the same.  These are the wicks that like to fall over so I will keep them even shorter.  In any case it smells lovely.

Earlier, Clemmie barfed on the pillow... Nothing says good morning like the sound of a cat's breakfast coming up... So laundry will be first on the agenda.

Enjoy your Saturday all!

Good Morning All!

Oh no Amy....is she sick or just a little backup? Hope all is ok. [smilie=th_catkiss]  Are you tired of the Christmas scents already? I look forward to them all year so I am always very sad to see them go back into hibernation. I'm trying to use up some that have been hanging around for a few years due to size. I bought BIG bags from Taras and although they have kept their scent nicely....the bags are getting kinda beat up.

Sharon....thanks for teaching me something new! I've heard about "Boxing Day" but never knew the history. Very cool.

Michele...hope you are feeling good!

Debra...yes! I am also not a fan of the soft wax but I do like Colonials scents and throw....plus they've always had great sales on the melts before Christmas. Not this year...hardly anything. ☹️
Its Taras this morning...

Holly's Christmas Wish

Christmas Donuts & Eggnog

Both delicious! And both blended by an old friend from CF...Holly! I wonder how she is? [smilie=th_autumboy]

Have a great day!

Hi everyone. I have been on a mini vacation with my family. We went down to Charlotte NC, to the Billy Graham library. We had a great time lots of laughing and playing games.  Hope everyone had a great Christmas.  Night all.

Sounds like a fun trip, Susan!

Amy - BBW next to YC? That is way too much of a good thing.  I would be in a lot of trouble.

Maggie, I do the same - once the bag looks tattered,  into the melter they go!

Sharon, very interesting about Boxing Day.  It is interesting how things change over time.

Today - BHG - Mahogany Sandalwood.

Good morning all!

Maggie, I'm glad you're enjoying your holiday scents and making your way through your bags.  I also love the holiday scents and am continuing to melt/burn them, but I'm mixing them up with some of the backlog..... Thanks for asking, Clem seems completely herself again and ate heartily for the rest of yesterday.  I think she just likes to give us grey hairs!  Your Donuts and Eggnog melt sounds delicious.

Deb, yes that mall is very dangerous indeed and thankfully I seldom go in.  I will say that the YC is usually deserted but with the SAS, it was crowded.

Susan, how lovely to take a trip with your family!  It sounds like a wonderful time.  I would give a lot to play games again with my family and it made me happy to hear that you still do that. 🎄♥️🎉

Well it's been a variety of scent around here:

BBW Tree Farm and to be honest this was not my favorite, with an odd vanilla note...I prefer the Fresh Balsam.

YC Candy Cane Crush melt cup - I loved this, very strong, just like candy canes with that powdery minty note.

L3 Snow Bunny - pink sugar, spearmint, and buttercream - this was a big fav last year and it's still very strong, but I find it too sweet this year.  Interesting how the nose can change its mind.

L3 Herbal Lavender, Buttermint, and VBN - exquisite, I love this sharp lavender.

Most of these L3 scoops were more than half melted from last year, so I think I will make some headway on the collection.  Here's hoping... And to enjoy them, that's the intent after all!!

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!

Morn ladies. Candle for today: Tis the season by BBW.  I pack wax to bring with me but I must have left it at home.  🙄 Going home later today so no biggy.  Have a great Sunday.

Hello! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

A Belated Merry Christmas to you all! 🎄 

Lots going on here. On top of Christmas, I got really sick while also on a mission to find DD#2 a car. She’ll head back to NM after the holidays, and while I’m sad, at least she’s not going back to France.

Maggie ~ Holly is doing well, just busy with the family. I miss her here, too, but we keep in touch regularly.

Debra ~ We spent a lot of time doing dishes this past week, too. Ick.

Amy ~ Your Snow Bunny wax sounds delish. 😛

SGA Cookie Monster in Montego Bay

Homemade Santa’s Whiskers Mallow, Main Street Christmas, Plum Tart, and Lavender Barbershop

Burning PL Holly Jolly Berry.

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. 😊