The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Fall Back Into A Pile of Tarts - November 2019

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

We just got home from our family celebration and I feel like I won't need to eat for a couple days!

Tonight's melt is Pumpkin Souffle, from Cheryl's.

Good day to you all from a very cold North Wales. I was up and out of the house early today for a hair appointment at 9am, it was so cold and it's the first time I've had to de ice the windows of my car. It was 0°C which, for you is 32°F. The sun is shining and the skies are blue though. 

Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving with your loved ones. 

Michele, I hope you're feeling better after the surgery. 

Today I'm melting

Nutcracker by Darley Lama. 

Happy Friday everyone. 

Good morning all!

I hope everyone had a beautiful Thanksgiving!

Michele, I'm so glad you are home at last.  I hope the knee will show steady improvement for you.

Sharon, stay warm over there in North Wales!  

Susan, I admire your tenacity in working through your OPT!!

Debra - yes, stuffed - I was quite full yesterday.  Your pumpkin Souffle melt sounds divine.

Well today I will retire The Enchanted Pumpkin warmer for the season 😭 and give the spotlight to Gnome For The Holidays.  The latter has been in apprentice mode the last few days and I hope he will behave properly.

So I've been a melting fool the last few weeks and I have the Christmas melts down to 26 items, perfect from now until Christmas, so hurrah, I can relax a bit and continue to enjoy the candles as well.   I have reduced the total number of warmers going in the house to two and am enjoying it much more.   As usual I had overdone...

Well it's been:

ScentSationals Mixables - Cranberry Chutney and Spruce, in one longish clamshell - a beautiful pairing.

TBG Russian Ice Bath - peppermint, menthol, spearmint, eucalyptus, lemon, vanilla - so gorgeous.

BBW Evergreen - continuing in the living room - I adore this.  Perfect clean burn, no sooting - why, why don't they stick with these wicks??  Perfection!

Vintage Road Candles S'mores candle - in the kitchen - lovely scent.  Thick wicks that make larger flames so I am keeping them trimmed.  

I hope everyone will enjoy Friday, especially if you don't have to work today.  Enjoy the leftovers! 🥧

Hello Everybody!

I’m back home from my knee replacement. I’m making progress.  I did spend most of Thanksgiving in the hospital.  I got home at 5:00.  My girlfriend sent over food for us.  It was so thoughtful of her.  None of my children were here for the holiday.  It was quiet.  I did see my son and daughter in law for a little while.  

I’m hoping to make the stairs to my bedroom by early next week. Sleeping downstairs for now. 

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. 

I am melting SMT Eggnog Milk Shake, Mrs. Claus Cookies, Marshmallow Noel.  It smells good.  Right now my house is being cleaned but the good smells are coming through.  

Enjoy the day all!

Hi All!

i need some prayers again.  One of my best friends was diagnosed today with small cell lung cancer. I had spoken to her this morning but not since the cancer was confirmed. Hopefully it’s only in one upper lobe and has not affected her lymph nodes like they have led her to believe. This poor woman beat leukemia 21 years ago and almost died.  🙏🙏🙏🙏

Praying for the best news of a bad situation.  I’m absolutely sick over this.  

Good evening everyone. Melting: Midnight Rose by OPT, last of my OPT.

Michele, glad to see you back, sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers sent. Have a good evening.

I didn't realize I've been gone for quite a bit.

Hello all and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. 🦃 
Michele....I am hoping you're feeling better each day And I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Praying. 

Amy....hoping you are back to 100% and feeling well! Sorry about that flu...no fun!

Susan...have you had good luck with your OPT? Sad it's your last one?

Debra...glad you had a lovely Friends/Thanksgiving!

Starflower...yes...the cold is coming for sure. Today started off brutal but by 2 it warmed up a bit. 
Been melting my Nellies Acres Pumpkin Pancakes....absolutely delicious.

Have a good evening! 

Hi Maggie!  [smilie=th_wave]

Having to de-ice car windows is a nuisance, Sharon! :mad:   It is going to be 22 degrees here tonight...I have my little feral kitty out in his house with its warming pad, hoping it will be enough for this cold! I  have to tell myself that it is warmer than if he was out on his own...[smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Michele, your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers, and sending you healing wishes also! My best friend had her knee replaced in Oct., she is doing really well now.

Amy, your Gnome sounds really cute!  I am impressed that you  could get your supply down so low!

Tonight it has been YC, Moonbeams on Pumpkins.

Greetings all!

Michele, my heart and prayers go out to your friend, terrible news but let's hope they've caught it in time.  Also sending you big hugs as you begin the healing from the knee operation.

Maggie, it's good to see you!! You have had such a year, taking care of your dad, moving your DD's... It just never stops and I salute your perseverance.  The Pumpkin Pancakes do sound tempting... Yes... Where is the batter mix...

Debra, you are so kind to your little feral kitty... I'm sure he is grateful for his warming pad and his house, so much better than being exposed to the elements!  

Susan, enjoy what's left of the OPT...I also have very little remaining of that vendor.  

Sharon, I hope it will be a bit warmer in Wales this weekend for you.

Well it's been:

TBG Elf Morning Blend - coffee beans, candy canes, milk chocolate, marshmallow, peppermint bark.  Thankfully the peppermint bark is a lesser note here....I can't explain why I love to eat anything chocolate mint but don't care for the smell.

BBW Grateful - Cardamom Apple Crisp - and I'm really enjoying that cardamom note.

BBW Pink Petal Teacake - one-wick, in the bathroom - rose petals, strawberry poundcake - no words.  I absolutely adore this beautiful scent.

My beloved BBW Evergreen, which was burning so cleanly and beautifully until the halfway point, suddenly turned into a chimney yesterday, sooting merrily away, so despite trimming the wicks, he will be going on the warmer tonight. 🙄 UPDATED - I love this candle very much, so he and I had a little heart-to heart.  I trimmed his wicks back even more and restated my position on sooting.  I am pleased to say that we have now had one hour of a clean burn. 👏👏👏

This week went by so terribly quickly and travel begins again this week for three weeks.   I must put my head down and get it done.

Enjoy your Saturday all!

Hi All!

I hope everyone is doing well.  No complaints here. 

I am making good progress. I’m going to be able to sleep in my own bed tonight. The PT was here today and I was able to walk up and down the stairs.  I’m very happy. 

My brother got good news from the doctor yesterday. He is responding well to treatment. Five more treatments to go and then hopefully it will be all behind him. I’m praying that this is the case. 

My DH is learning to clear out my melters. I’m melting VRC Cozy Cabin. This is really good. It’s Barnwood and Campfire Marshmallows. Tomorrow I’m expecting my VRC Game of Thrones Sampler to arrive. I have really branched out from my strictly bakery days.  I enjoy this hobby so much.  It’s so relaxing.  

I am hoping you are all enjoying your Saturday. Hope to get the tree finished tonight. 

Valerie-Hope all is well with you.  You have been very quiet. 

Michele, glad you are making good progress, that's great to hear. Wonderful to hear the news about your brother but I'm so sad to hear about your friend. 

Not melted today so nothing to report. 

Happy Sunday.

Michele...very happy to hear you are doing better today. One day at a time, right? At least sleeping in your own bed should be one step closer to norm. Nice of hubby to change up your warmers. [smilie=th_cuddle-1] And great news about your brother!!
Amy...awwww.....yes, the weeks fly right by when you don't want them to! But if you want to go home...[smilie=th_anyminute] Let's hope the next 3 weeks go quickly. Btw....that conversation with your candle....[smilie=th_lmao-1]

Debra....you are amazing putting that warmer out for kitty!! Words gonna get around about the new Kitty Bed & Breakfast...expect more customers! [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

This morning it's all VRC...

Pumpkin Spice Latte, Cinnamon Bread & Fall Nights

Have a nice day. [smilie=th_happy]

Good morn ladies. Melting the same thing from yesterday. I will be going home today, I have enjoyed being with my family since Thursday.  Thank goodness we don't live a long ways from each other.

The next project with be cutting up votives that I have had for a long time and using some of my CFOW, and other things also.  I hope December will be a good month for everyone. No sickness or major stress. Take care my candlefind friends.

Susan, you are reading my mind...I have a pile of old votives that are set to be chopped soon.   I am glad you had a nice visit!

Amy, I agree with Maggie, you tickled my funnybone!  I am glad it worked!

Michele - such great progress! And I think it would be fun to see my DH try to clean a melter.  I am guessing that may not ever happen!

Tonight it is Scentsy, Business Casual. (This one also has cardamom, Amy!)

Good morning all,

It's so lovely to see so many of us on here! (Ahem, Valerie? Cyn? Aria, are you lurking?  Our other Michelle?) This morning I am procrastinating packing... Yes, I will do it soon...

Maggie, the board is not the same when you're not here, so lovely to see your name, and  now you have me rummaging through my coffee melts for some to take along...😘

Susan, I'm so happy that you had a pleasant stay with your family, and that you are still glad at the END of the visit that you live nearby. Thank you for the reminder that I also have votives that need chopping!

Debra, isn't cardamom just one of the loveliest scents? I love cooking with it... and coming across one of the little open seeds when eating is always a delight.  You mention Scentsy... I also think they have some spectacular scents and would purchase again someday... Do you have anything newer than 2018?  I'm hoping they resolved their older issue with the leaking oils.

Michele, I am beyond delighted with your progress with your knee and that you can use the stairs sometimes now.  Kudos to DH for learning to clean out your melters - truly, he is a keeper.  And the good news about your brother is the best of all. ♥️♥️♥️ Also, yes you are melting all sorts of interesting scents these days and inspiring the rest of us!!

Sharon, are you getting any more snow to go with the cold weather in Wales?

My beloved Evergreen candle is glad that Maggie and Debra have been enjoying his story, and he is proud of his clean burning progress.  He simply must have the shortest of wicks but then happiness abounds. ♥️

It's also been:

BH&G Incense & Evergreen - very nice, a sort of pine/patchouli combo, heavy on the latter and kind of a Hippie Christmas vibe. ☮️🎄

BBW Frankincense and Myrrh - just started this this morning and I really like it.  I love Frankincense - there is a historic restaurant and gift shop in Lebanon, Ohio called The Golden Lamb that we went to every year when I was a child, and the store always smelled of this.   It was like stepping back in time, and my mother loved it.  Very nostalgic scent.  Isn't that one of the best things about fragrances, that they can take us instantly back to beautiful memories?

Well I hope everyone will have a fine start to the week.  Take care, all.

Good morn ladies. Melting today: Silver Bells by Scentsy: Peppermint

Snowflake Cookies by YC, very light 

Candle: Winter Garland by Wood wick

tealight: Peppermint by Mystic

Smells wonderful in here. Have a great Monday

Morning all, lovely sunny but cold here today. No snow, just a bit on top of the mountains though. 

Michele, glad to see you're on the mend. Slowly but surely as they say and don't do anything too strenuous. 

Cookielady, Snowflake Cookie is one of my all time favourite YC scents. 

Amy, it's so true what you say about fragrances and memories. I like the sound of that Francincense and Myrrh. When I was in Manchester I went into a high end department store and there was a section there with candles. I did smell a F&M one there, it was beautiful but it was so expensive, about £60 for a candle maybe slightly smaller than a medium YC jar.

Today I'm melting

Wickford & Co Frosted Sugar Plum ( inspired by one of your recent melts Amy, I think) 

Rose and Thistle Wax Patisserie Toasted Marshmallows. 

Have a lovely day! 

Oh, isn't it December now, new thread?? 

Good morning all!

Traveling again so just a quick note.

Susan, your combination of scents sounds amazing and I'll bet it did smell fabulous in there!  I do love all the holiday scents. ♥️

Deb, "lockdown," 😂😂😂I love this description.  

Sharon, snow on the mountains - it sounds so beautiful.  And yes - plum scents are among my favorites!

Well last night I arrived at the hotel and popped on one I had forgotten completely about:

Super Tarts The Santa Clause - eggnog, cinnamon, nutmeg, peppermint, sugar cookies.  Oh my goodness, but this is wonderful.  This one is in a breakaway bar, which I remember buying after enjoying her Christmas sampler last year, so I must have liked it then too, but I surely had forgotten how much!  Delicious!  

Have a good Tuesday all!