The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Fall Back Into A Pile of Tarts - November 2019

Good morn everyone.  Melting: Chocolate Layered Cake by YC, very old tart, smells good

Caramel by Satin Suzie

4 tealights: Chocolate by Root, I have had these for a very long time.

Have a great Thursday.

Good evening everyone from Houston, Texas where it is much warmer than at home. Just a two-day trip.

Susan, I'm so glad the Frankensteins got along and didn't fight, always a good thing. 🤣🤣 Your Chocolate tealights sound lovely. I used to not like chocolate scent, foolish woman that I was.

Michele, how was the ST?  Didn't they have a big sale this week?  As for CFOW, I think she has some beautiful scents that I simply must order every year.  

Well I have three things rolling, and I must say I am delighted to be smelling the Christmas fragrances again (mint! Fir! Oh I love these scents so much):

Zeep Ski Trip - fresh snow, winter air, pine trees - Not sure what the snow and air are supposed to smell like, but this is a lovely delicate free fir tree scent.

OPT Tinsel Tree - from last year's Christmas sampler, and I loved this scent so much that I ordered a second sampler just to get this particular one again.  Doing that sort of thing has contributed to my massive stash of wax.  At any rate, it's pine, clove, lemon, grapefruit, and orange, and this is a "crawl through hot oil" fragrance for me.

WoodWick Petite Candle in Pumpkin Butter, which doesn't really go with the other two Christmas scents, but I had to have a candle going because it makes me happy. Anyway, it's in a different part of the hotel room so it's not fighting with the pine fragrances.

I hope everyone is well and tomorrow is Friday and I'm on vacation next week and ahhhhhhhhhhhh!! Take care all!!

Susan, you are enveloped in chocolate!  Hungry now?

Amy, Houston would be a big change for  you!  Humid at all?  I don't know if that is seasonal or not! And hooray for a week off!  It will be nice to not have to use travel-size toiletries! 

Tonight it is Cascading Snowberry by YC.

Hi All!!

The ST I melted yesterday was really good and I enjoyed it. I didn’t know there was a sale this week.  I have enough to last quite awhile. 

All your scents sound wonderful Amy.   Glad you are off next week.  You deserve it. 

Susan-I’m loving the chocolates scents now too. 

My evening melt is VRC Sweet Surrender from the Lavender Sampler.  This one is to die for!!  This Sampler is excellent!! 

Hoping everyone is doing well.   

Goodnight All!!

Good morning all!

Just a quick hello, good to hear from so many of us last night (Maggie, Valerie, Sharon, report in please).

Michele, totally agree, that VRC Lavender Sampler is possibly the top sampler of the year, amazing scents!  Also the Cookie Sampler - DH requested the Chocolate Chip one the other night and it made me extremely hungry.

Debra, LOL, you are right, at home I can enjoy some of the liquid toiletries in their normal packaging! 😂 And Cascading Snowberry sounds beautiful from the name alone - hmmmm wonder if that comes in the melt form?

Susan, I don't know about you, but these chocolate scents have had me craving hot cocoa and chocolate cake.

Well this morning's melt has been going for about an hour and it is fabulous:

Zeep Sugar Plum Fairy - didn't I get a Zeep box at the end of last year when I was in a sampler frenzy?, can't remember, but good heavens Ashley does Christmas scents so beautifully.  This is sugar plums, sugar crystals, and holiday berries, absolutely scrumptious.

Have a fine Friday everybody!

Hi everybody, sorry to have been MIA lol. I'm back!! 

How are you all? 

Amy, that Sugar Plum Fairy sounds delicious. So, you're off next week? It'll be so nice to be home for sure, plenty of melting time....... ah, just remembered it's Thanksgiving for you over there isn't it? 

Melting Lavender Vanilla by Rose and Thistle Wax Patisserie in the living room and a Dove soap dupe by Darley Lama in the kitchen and hallway. 

Good Morning!

Sharon-Next Thursday is Thanksgiving here. 

Amy-I actually have that VRC Chocolate Chip Cookie here. It smells so good!

Melting the last of the VRC Sweet Surrender and just started Swanky Candy Corn Cupcakes. 

Have a great day all!

Good morning all!

Home and on vacation for this whole week, can it be possible? 🎉🎉🎉

I woke up this morning and all I wanted was a nice bowl of oatmeal, since I didn't have a decent selection all week. So I went up to the store, and while I was there I decided to buy all the groceries and not have to make another trip later. $147 later, home I came, started putting things away and realized that yes, I had forgotten the oatmeal.  So the water is boiling patiently while DH runs up to Family Dollar which is closer... He was a dear to jump in the car without being asked.  Oatmeal is soon to come.

Michele, all I can say is that we struck gold with those VRC samplers!

Sharon, That dove soap dupe sounds wonderful. I have something similar from a vendor called Cleanse Your Soul and love it.

Well it's been an assortment of holiday melts, most of which are a year old and so strong and wonderful that I'm thinking that's the perfect cure time, lol:

TBG Winter Palace - French lavender, winter berries, vanilla, pomegranate, strawberries, peppermint, tea, pink sugar.  This is one of my favorite holiday scents.

Swanky Snowman Balls - To which DH said, "I didn't know snowmen had balls," ahem, anyway this is Frankincense and so strong and lovely that it took over the whole house.

Southbound Strawberry Pine - I think Southbound has one of the most beautiful strawberries of all and this is tremendously delicious.

Have a good day all!

Good morn ladies. This is what I melted yesterday: Lavender Vanilla by OPT

Serendipity by OPT

Pink Peach Noel by OPT

tealight: Tangerine Lemongrass by Root

Today: Pink Chiffon by OPT

Golden Sands by OPT

Have a great Saturday.

Hello my lovely friends! [smilie=th_autumboy]

Sorry I’ve been MIA. 

Amy ~ So glad you have a week at home to enjoy with your DH and the furries. [smilie=th_catkiss]

Michele ~ I’m really wishing I would have gotten that VRC Lavender Sampler. [smilie=th_sad2hz1] How was Swanky’s Candy Corn Cupcakes?

Susan ~ I love the Yankee Chocolate Cake candle. I have about 1/4 left in my big jar and I save it because it is one of DD#1’s favorites. 

Swanky Amber Romance Pink Sugar

CFTKR Prairie Kitchen

SGA Cookie Monster Pretzel

L3 Palo Santo Buttermint Adipose

Burning Partylite Cinnamon Woods and Gold Canyon Salt Water Taffy

Four more weeks until DD#2 comes home. It’s a shame this program is so lacking in support for its assistants and that the French teachers have overall been so unwelcoming and downright rude. Last week a 23 year old assistant from Boston was found dead in a hotel room. She had been struggling with anxiety/depression and they’re not sure yet the cause of death, but she had been placed in a very small town and felt rejected, same as my daughter. Cannot wait for her to get out of there. Just hope the strike ends before the 21st!

Hope everyone has a good weekend! 

Oh my, Valerie, I bet you are counting the minutes until she is home. I hope it goes quickly for you both.

Susan, how was your Root tealight?  I am melting a small candle tin that is Root Ginger and Patchouli and although it is several years old, the throw is not bad.

Amy, isn't that annoying? I frequently forget things at the store that had sent me there in the first place.  I just get distracted! [smilie=th_insane]  MyDH suggested going to the grocery store at about 3:00 this afternoon.  UH, no!  Too crazy busy for me right now.

I am wishing I had gotten the Lavender sampler!

Tonight  I am melting CFTKR Cafe Vienna.

Hello all.

Honeybear....so sorry to hear about that poor girl 🙏🏻....I hope your DD is home soon.

Amy...Yay for the hero hubby flying out for the oatmeal!! I've been doing things like that a lot lately...ugh.

Its a pumpkin VCS blend today.

Good morn everyone. Melting today: Bottom Up by Scentsationals: orange, pomegranate and spice. I only smell the orange.

Debra, I would say the tealights did ok, I could smell them a little bit. Trying to used things up.

Hove a great Sunday.

Afternoon ladies, 

Oh Valerie, that's awful, so sorry for your daughter. You will be so glad when she's home 

Amy, I do that too, forget the very thing I go to the supermarket for. So annoying! 

Debra, I'm like you, 3pm on a Saturday is not the time to go food shopping. If I need to go at the weekend it'll be in the morning, though on a Sunday the supermarkets are ony open from 10 or 11am till 4 or 5pm.

Not long got back from Sunday lunch out. Delicious. 

Burners switch on at 3pm and can't remember what's in them, lol

Happy Sunday everyone

Good morning all,

Thank you for making me feel better about my grocery amnesia... Glad to hear I have company!

Maggie!  I've been looking at your wreaths on Instagram, gorgeous as always! I hope your VCS pumpkin blend is throwing for you.

Debra, totally agree, I am not a good afternoon shopper...I find it more and more exhausting as the day goes on.

Sharon, lol, that happens to me too... Can't remember what's in the warmer...

Valerie, that's terrible about the young girl... I'm glad your DD will be home soon.  

Susan, I loved that Bottoms Up and it did better in my hottest warmer, couldn't smell much in the bulb warmer.  Funny how the different warmers / airflow / room size make such a huge difference...

Michele, I hope you are well and getting ready for your knee procedure this week!!

Well it's been:

BBW Coconut Macaroon candle, on the warmer (yesterday) - very gentle and calming.

BBW Paris Cafe single-wick, also on a warmer - very strong and bitter...I prefer the VRC Coffee scents.

L3 Fir Tree Pie Crust VBN - extremely strong and beautiful.

Mainstays Evergreen Spruce candle, on the warmer - gorgeous wraparound label - light but beautiful scent.

I seem to have caught a bug of some kind so am resting today.  I hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday!

Amy, I hope you feel better soon! Wrong time to affect the appetite!

Sharon, interesting about your store hours.  Growing up, my small hometown had limited weekend hours.

Tonight - Aromabeads, Juice Apple Pomegranate

Morn ladies. Melting today: Country Apple by OPT

Candle: Baked Apple Pie by Hertiage Candle co

Daylight: Winter Apple by Kringle

Tealight: Apple Harvest by Root

Amyjo, hope you feel better

Michele well wishes for your knee surgery

I have a short week looking forward to having some time off and spending time with my family.

Afternoon all, 

Amy, I hope you are feeling better today, at least you are off work so you can take it easy, though I'm sure with Thanksgiving you won't. That Coconut Macaroon candle does sound enticing, yum yum for the real thing

Michele, hope your knee surgery goes well. 

Cookielady, very appley today, lol. That Winter Apple by Kringle sounds lovely. 

It's a very mild 53° this afternoon, not long got back from a short shopping trip with my mum, just to a town about 40mins away. We got there early. She doesn't drive and she didn't want my dad to take her, he "rushes" her (don't all men?) She got what she wanted so that was good and we then went for a coffee before coming home. 

Now melting....

Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow by Rose and Thistle Wax Patisserie in the living room. 

Zen by ScentSationals in the kitchen. 

Have a lovely day everyone 

Good morning all, good to see so many faces. ♥️

Thank you ladies for the well wishes, I guess this is the flu and I am achy and crabby.  But the week is young!! Hot liquids!!  Attitude adjustment!!

Michele, sending you big hugs for your procedure and I hope you will come out kicking... Well, after a brief recovery period, of course. ♥️

Susan, you are indeed in Apple mode.  How is the Kringle - how have you found their candles in general?  I'm very happy you have a short week, you really deserve some down time. 🤗

Maggie, I can imagine you are getting very busy with Thanksgiving parties at school and preparing for holiday concerts.... And wreathing.... You are a busy bee. 🐝

Debra... Aromabeads... Where did you buy those?  What see they made of?? *Inquiring minds*🤔

Sharon, I like that Zen melt.  As for men rushing us at the store...DH is a happy shopper but I want to get in and out of there.  Unless wax or a candle is involved...💸

Well it's been:

VCS Anna's Sugar Plum Fairies - gorgeous.  One year's cure, which seems to be the ticket with this vendor. Beautiful blends.

Colonial Candle Pink Peppercorn melt - ohhhhhh so beautiful.

Walmart Evergreen Spruce Candle - well, at least the label was pretty.   Nice on cold but not much throw.

BBW Chestnuts and Clove - a big favorite, just a one-wick and so strong.

Have a good Monday all!

Morn ladies. Melting Driftwood by OPT. Working on my OPT, going to use all that I have even if out of season. I am running out of room, I have 2 boxes of wax still in boxes because I don't have any empty storage boxes.

Amjo, I have only bought the daylight from Kringle, like them.

Hello again.  Feeling a bit better and I am much less mean than yesterday.  I'm very grateful to be home and resting.

Susan, thanks for the reco on the Kringle.  I can relate to the storage challenges!  Good for you, to be making a dent in your OPT, you can do it!!

Michele, I hope the knee will recover quickly and beautifully! 🤗

It's been:

K's Kreations Mistletoe Magic- a gift from a generous CF pal, thank you!! - a beautiful scent and DH commented how much he liked it. 👏👏👏

TBG Fireside Christmas - Spruce, bonfire, candy canes.  Very strong.

BH&G Frosted Winter Flurries - pine, actually very nice if I weren't already getting tired of pine...🤪🙄

Zeep Jingle Bell Rock - berries, pine, Christmas cookies - nice!  The berries are a welcome addition.

Village Candle Lemon Poundcake - lovely scent and nice clean burn, but it could be stronger.

BBW Pink Fairy Gumdrop - a one-wick and not my cup of tea, but it's very popular so my nose must be off.

Have a good Tuesday all.  My spam mail is flooded with Black Friday enticements but I will not be venturing out into that madness. 🤪

I know, Amy - too many tempting emails right now. Where would I put new wax?  Delete!  Maybe next year... [smilie=th_biggestgrin] I hope  you are feeling better.

Susan, that is what makes me stop buying...lack of storage!

Michele - sending you healing thoughts.

A little to the south of us the weather is messing up Thanksgiving travel.  It is called a bomb cyclone.  [smilie=th_sSig_what] Heavy snow, wind gusts, mountain travel not advised.  

Tonight I have an old Scentsy melting that is fabulous.  Sorry I waited so long - Black Currant Bubbly. [smilie=snoopy]

Good morning. 🌞 

Glad you’re feeling better, Amy. And a speedy recovery to you from your surgery, Michele. 

Sharon, your outing with your mom sounds so nice. ❤️

ST Ravenclaw

Swanky Coffee with Extra Sugar and Milk

SMT Pink Sugar Sticky Marshmallow Birthday Cake

Have a good day!

Hello all,

Very windy and mild here today.  I guess it is the remnants of that Bomb Cyclone, Deb (!!).  

Deb, that Black Currant from Scentsy sounds divine.

Honeybear, good to see you, and your melts sound beautiful, especially the Swanky coffee blend. ☕☕☕

Michele, continued hugs and best wishes for your knee's recovery.

It's been:

Ten Digit Creations Patchouli Mint - a gift from a sweet CF friend - earthy and lovely, very strong. Thank you!!

ST Abominable - mistletoe, buttermint, vanilla bean, champagne.  I love this one and it threw well.

Village Candle Royal Nutcracker - slooooooooow to pool out or to throw, but after several hours, it suddenly produced a lovely scent.

BBW Evergreen - absolutely gorgeous and right up there with Winter White Woods as my two faves for the season.  Threw within five minutes.

Feeling much much better, hardly mean at all, but still very tired.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US!

I am very grateful for this forum and for the beautiful friendships we share.

I hope everyone will have a peaceful day and good food.

It's been:

Southbound Vintage Christmas - Ribbon candy, spiced tea, cinnamon, light floral, a favorite.

TBG Bah Humbug - coal, smoke, pinecones.  Love this too.

BBW Tis The Season - nice scent, could be stronger.  Red Apple (!!), cinnamon, cedarwood.   

Happy Thanksgiving all!