The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Fall Back Into A Pile of Tarts - November 2019

That’s okay Cyn.  Thank you!  Clever title Maggie!

Melting VRC Pumpkin Spice Latte.  I’m enjoying this one.   Amy and I have a road trip planned for later this week to visit the shop.  Can’t wait for our little adventure. 

Thanks everyone for all your prayers regarding my brother.  Hopefully all goes well.   

Thanks Cyn!  Maggie, I absolutely love this month's title. ♥️♥️♥️👍

Michele, continuing to say prayers for your brother and hoping for a quick and speedy recovery.  I'm glad you are getting a chance to melt - and your scents from the wonderful VRC samplers have been sounding heavenly.  

Susan, I'm glad your client is doing well.  Sorry to had to cover for someone else, as well - I don't think you sleep much. 🤗

Well I am going home tomorrow and taking a couple of days off.  Greatly looking forward to Michele's and my Thelma and Louise Road Trip to VRC this Friday, about a three-hour tour each way and we intend to put a dent in her inventory.  There is also a Lush store nearby, but I'm sure we wouldn't even think of going over there.

Well it's been:

Hayden Rowe Amish Country - vanilla, clove, all spice, nutmeg, sugar - and this is gorgeous.

TSGS Blackberry Mint Spritzer - so strong and juicy.

TSGS Eucalyptus Spearmint - very strong but I'm thinking maybe I'm not a big eucalyptus person.

TSGS Lemon Lavender - oh so lovely and peaceful.

And just a word on That Smell Good Shop - these are little 1-oz mini scent shots and everything is really strong.  Very dependable, delicious wax!

And my beloved BBW Chestnuts and Clove - one-wick candle, strong, lovely burn, doesn't need to go on the warmer.  I adore this scent and bought a three-wick at home.

I am working steadily through my wax but also steadily building up a nice candle collection.  The whole premise of reducing stash is just hopeless.  But happiness abounds.

Have a lovely evening everyone!

Good morn everyone. Melting today: Honeysoaked Apples by Swan Creek

Dream catcher by Satin Suzie.

Amyjo, I didn't know what day it was today, but figured it out. Don't want to go too the wrong client. lol

Thanks, Cyn!

It has been a busy work week but I  will have a day off Friday. I am ready!

Amy, I think many of us have cut back on melts - only to find candles and wallflowers start taking up the extra room!

Tonight it is Scentsy - Southern Evening, a French Lavender blend

Good morning everyone!

Happy to be home and working only half a day today. 🎉🎉🎉

Michele, praying for good news for your brother.  Looking forward to our trip tomorrow. 🚗

Susan, you made me laugh 🤣, I don't know how you keep your schedule straight!!  Let alone the sleep deprivation... Night shifts would put me under!

Debra, thank you 🤗, that makes me feel better, I started out with candles and seem to have come full circle.  And the Wallflowers - yes! - just when I make up my mind that they're all too weak, I get a really strong one and hope springs eternal.   🤷 Your French Lavender sounds beautiful - I love that scent.

Miss Maggie, you're kinda quiet, hope you are doing well and feeling better.  How did the bedroom painting go?

Well I had a big surprise with this one:

ScentSationals Bottoms Up - pomegranate, orange, and spices - ohhhhh so juicy and lovely.  Must have more but it looks like Walmart is sold out.

BBW Pumpkin Pie - smells good enough to eat, very comforting, lovely throw and good burn.  Happiness!

Enjoy your Thursday all!

Good Morning All!

Michele...praying for your brother...hoping there will be good news to share! 🙏🏻
Amy...just another busy week. With Teachers Convention week, I've had to take over for other teachers...and this time change is kickin my butt. I have always been a night owl and stay up til 12-1 am and up by 6am. Now I'm exhausted by 7:30pm, up at 4am and awake all night....:sFun_blahblah:..ugh....but I am off today and tomorrow. [smilie=th_ef7d03c7]

Oh no Susan....glad you figured that one out!! Lol [smilie=th_aa17]

Debra...enjoy your day off tomorrow! :sHa_thumbgoodjob:
Michele and Amy....enjoy your road trip!! :sHa_woot:

Think I'll start the chilly morning with Country Lane Keepsakes in Cinnamon Green Apple.

Have a great day....oh and thanks about the thread. :thwetkissf:

Good Morning Everyone!

Amy-I’m looking forward to our road trip tomorrow.  It should be a lot of fun.  I have been good about ordering tarts but I have been burning and buying some candles lately.  

Susan-That’s what happens when you work too hard-one day seems to run into the other.  Glad it was all figured out and I hope you are doing well.

Maggie-Glad you are getting some much needed time off.  You sound like you are extremely busy.

Thanks all for the well wishes for my brother.  Hope they have some good news for him today.  I want him to start his treatment and be done with it. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

I’m melting from the SMT Fall Sampler Cornbread, Candy Corn, Brown Sugar and Sugar Milk. I just put it on but I can smell it already.  Smells good so far. 

I want to get out early today.  I’m trying to get things together for my daughter’s bridal shower the first weekend of the new year.  The shopping here is great. I  going to be limited after my knee replacement.

Enjoy the day all!

Today it's Screaming Apparitions by LSC...last of this...does anyone know if she'll ever open? Her website is still there but I don't think she's stocked in years...

And in honor of our wax travelers....it's Autumn Eats by VRC 

Have a nice day.

Good morning everyone!

In the twenties Fahrenheit here in Ohio and brrrrrrrr!

Susan, the green apple fragrance sounds lovely.  I enjoy that scent so much.  Mac Apple and I have had a falling out but I think we will reconcile next year.

Maggie, I love that you melted VRC yesterday in honor of Michele's and my road trip!  It was a blast - Thelma and Louise with a much better ending!   Two pals who share a passion for scent and a beautiful small wax business to visit, what could be better?!  Vintage Road Candles is found in the small quiet town of Alexandria, Indiana, about an hour away from Indianapolis, in an older two-story brick building.  Sarah Mullanix is the owner and she has created a store that is a joy to visit and shop in.  Her workshop is on the second floor (and no we didn't push to see it) and the store on the first floor, decorated so beautifully and chock-full of lovely wax.  We both made good haulage and we enjoyed chatting and laughing with Sarah.  She's been an indie vendor for about five years now and I'm so glad that her business is thriving.

We ate lunch in the nearby diner, very tasty, an omelet for Michele and grilled chicken for me.  Alexandria is not very different from the small town where I live in Ohio, but I think quite a change from the big metropolitan area where Michele lives.  Just us and the chickens out here!  😄

Anyway,  Michele and I had also planned to visit Lush on our shopping day, so we swung by a mall in Indianapolis and found a store which was much bigger and better-stocked than those I've visited before.  We did a little damage in there as well and back on the road with us, hitting a little rush-hour traffic but not bad at all, and we were both back to our homes by early evening.

I am so grateful for the friendships I've made on this board - I first met Michele about a year ago and it was very natural from the start.  You just never know what gifts life is going to give you.  We had a wonderful day and I look forward to more days like that with all of you.

I did get more candles than melts yesterday, and mostly in holiday scents!

Continuing to melt through the stash:

Ava's Country Cupboard - Frosted Cupcake - very comforting.

Southbound Orange Marshmallow Waffle Cone - unusual for SB but I could hardly smell this one, and it had cured for several months, really a fluke and unfortunate because it was a lovely scent.

Woodwicks Wood Smoke - love this but it too could be a little stronger.

BBW Hot Cocoa and Cream - you  may know that this is my favorite candle.   It's just everything.

BBW Black Currant and Vanilla - so strong!  The throw is magnificent.  I have bought backups.

I continue to find hit or miss results with the BBW Wallflowers.  Some fill the house (Black Tea Rose) and others I can't smell hanging right over them (Apple Crumble, really too sad).

Well another War and Peace installment but wanted to give you ladies the scoop on yesterday's trip.  Stay warm everybody!

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is doing well.  Amy and I had the most wonderful day yesterday. I enjoyed every single second of it. We actually figured out how much driving we did and we drove over 400 miles each to meet and shop. The day went so quickly with the wonderful company and it was an absolute pleasure! 

Meeting Sarah and seeing her beautiful shop was so much fun.  She is the nicest person and she makes beautiful wax and candles. Her shop is in a very small town and much different from where I live. We made some nice hauls there.  I loved the experience.  Amy and I then drove to Indianapolis to go to the Lush store as well. 

Next Saturday we will be together also. We are going to 2 Bourbon Tours in Kentucky and then out to dinner with our husbands.  Looking forward to this. It’s nice to have a friend when I’m here in Ohio.  

This morning I’m melting VRC Pumpkin Nog. It’s just getting started but it’s smelling good.  

Have a great day all!

Oh Amy and Michele....it sounds like such a wonderful day you had!! Thanks for giving us a little taste of your adventures! 
Good Morning to All! [smilie=The_Hi]
I decided to dig into my Bohemienne Life stash....Blueberry Cobbler....yum...delicious.

Have a good one. 😉

Michele and Amy, I am so happy for you that  you had such a wonderful day!  It sounded divine! :hearts_tr:  I know you will have fun next weekend as well!

I have been sitting in a class all day...it sure is hard to get my steps in that way. [smilie=th_roll] I feel more tired now from sitting than when I am up and around cleaning the house!

Susan, I am glad you have some time off!  Rest! Relax!  Melt!

Tonight it is Scentsy - Mellow Moment

Well good morning all!!

It is beyond delightful being home, and with the knowledge that I don't travel this week....Very grateful.

Michele, have you recovered from our trip?  LOL I didn't realize how many miles we drove.  Road Warriors!!

Maggie, the Blueberry Cobbler just sounds so inviting.  I have loved blueberry scent from the start.

Susan, I'm very happy to hear that you have some time off - something you don't seem to have a lot of.  Any special fun things going on this weekend?

Debra, I hope you enjoyed your class! And I agree - sitting for long periods is not so much fun.   I looked up your Scentsy melt and it sounds wonderful - I do love the tea scents.

Well, I organized the new wax we picked up on our trip and actually I think we showed considerable restraint.  In looking back over the pictures of the VRC shop, I keep thinking, oh, I could have picked up that...and that...and that... But there is always next time. 

So it's been:

ScentSationals Mountain Man - I picked this up in Canada and ohhhhh it's just gorgeous.  I can't find the scent notes, although I think Maggie found them before, as she is more skilled at this than I am - but I would guess there is leather, tobacco, fir tree, and mint in there....love, love, love.

WoodWicks Humidor - tobacco, leather, and ambered musk - WHY do vendors put amber in everything these days? - and this is extremely strong, had to turn it off after awhile. I like the scent but I think that the amber makes it strong and perfumey.  Does tobacco really need to smell like perfume?? 🙄

ScentSationals Sea Salt Caramel Popcorn - I think I would have liked eating the food this was based on, but....and I don't say this too often....to my nose, this was just disgusting snd I poured it out.  It smelled like nuts that had been in the cupboard for too long and old papers. 🤮

Sonoma Marshmallow Candy Cane - yes, I may have been in Kohl's - this is fantastic!  I may have to go back.

And burning:

BBW Leaves - oh, how much do I love this scent, even if it does have the dreaded Mac Apple in it....ohhhhhhhh!

BBW Pumpkin Pie - love the scent but the wicks are driving me crazy...I have trimmed them every time, but this candle is a sooty mess and now the top  of the wax is discolored.  Ugh!!  Still it's a beautiful scent.

That's all folks!  Have a beautiful Sunday!

Amy-Sounds like your house is smelling great!  Maybe you can put the Pumpkin Pie candle on the warmer.  Just switched out the melter to VRC Apple Butterscotch Cupcakes from the Fall Sampler.  This is good.  

We are going to decorate a Christmas tree for my husband's apartment later.  I want it up for the few weeks he comes back in December so it will seem a little festive.  

Thanks Debra- We really had a wonderful day.  

Hi everyone. Spent the weekend with my parents, nice visit. I did order a mystery box from Hayden Rowe's this morn, like I don't need anymore wax, but decide that a treat would be nice. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

Good morning everyone!

It is supposed to snow tonight here in SW Ohio, 1-3", so I'm so excited!! ❄️❄️❄️

Susan, I'm glad you had a good visit with your parents.  And oooh, a Hayden Rowe mystery box!  I got one in the summer and it was full of all sorts of wonderfulness.  When you get it, please tell us what you received! 🎁

Michele, I saw your tree on IG and it is absolutely beautiful! You really know how to decorate.   And yes, I finally gave up on my smoker of a candle and put him on the warmer, huge success and he smells divine. 👍

So it's been:

ScentSationals Sugar Pumpkin Cronuts - got more of this at Walmart.  I have to be careful not to burn out on it like I did with Cinnamon Rolls last year.  Love this scent!

ScentSationals Mountain Man - from yesterday.

BBW Pumpkin Pie - now on the warmer - beautiful, authentic, lovely pie crust note without being too buttery, and no longer sooting like a smokestack.  Success at last with this candle, but gee whiz, now it isn't being used as a candle. 🙄. Still it smells great.

Happy Monday all, from the comfort of my own house. ♥️♥️♥️

Good Morning!

Susan-I’m glad you enjoyed your weekend with your parents.  

Amy-I’m sure you are going to love being home this week.  Steve will be happy too. No snow expected over here this week.  I’m not too much of a fan.  I am glad you got the Pumpkin Pie on the warmer so you can still enjoy all the wonderful scent.  

Thank you regarding the tree.  We just wanted to put something up here so it will seem a little festive when my husband is back here working in December.  A little early but we had the time now.  The tree in NY will go up the day after Thanksgiving.  That’s when we usually decorate.

My brother starts his Chemo treatments on Wednesday.  Please everyone pray for his quick recovery.

Yesterday I changed out my morning melt to VRC Queen of Hearts from the Cookie Sampler.  It was wonderful and Sarah’s cookie shapes look good enough to eat.  Overnight was one of my favorites -Swanky Lavender Paris   It’s still going in the bedroom.  Morning melt here is VCS Dr. Frank-n-Furter.  This is a wonderful blend of Cinnamon Glazed Baklava and Spiced Cream Cheese Crunch Cake.

Enjoy the day all!

Good morning everyone!

It snowed!!  Just about an inch, but still!  So beautiful and heartwarming.

Michele, prayers that your brother will have a complete and speedy recovery.  Your scents all sound wonderful - the Queen of Hearts and Lavender Paris are also favs of mine. ♥️♥️

Well it's been:

Colonial Candles Snow Day - in honor of the occasion! - eucalyptus, mint, and greens.  I have just one more oval clam of this, and then will need to get more off eBay as this scent has been discontinued.

TBG Cranberry Fig

TBG Faerie Bonfire - Leaves and smoky sweetness, very nice.

BBW Black Vanilla Currant - on the warmer as it is way down in the jar and was starting to smoke.  Love, love, love this scent.

Have a snowy Tuesday - or enjoy the weather wherever you are. ❄️❄️

Our Easterners sure have a change in weather!  Stay warm! 

We finally have rain, but it is staying in the 50s.

How nice to have a week home, Amy!  Clemmie probably wonders what's up!

Michele, best wishes for your brother.

Tonight it is CFTKR,  Frost on the Pumpkin.

Good Morning All!

Amy...Did you say snow??? :thyay: I wish that was here too! Last week they predicted we'd get 6-8 inches on Tuesday....Then the forecast changed and we only got a few flurries. So sad. I'm glad you are enjoying your week off and the skies are celebrating as well! 
Michele...Good luck and many prayers for your brother today! And you are so [smilie=th_cc8]about the tree that I'm following in your steps...gonna bring little trees up to my daughters apartment this weekend since they won't be up there much during December.

Debra...was your class something interesting at least? Thursday I'll be in a CPR class right after work and they've said it could be 5 hours...so I hear ya!!  I don't remember it being that long....ugh.

Susan...good for you! Everyone deserves a treat...even those of us who have a mega inventory of wax! Glad you enjoyed your time with family.

Had to try one from a sweet pal...Toasted Marshmallow Booberry Fireside....couldn't wait. [smilie=cloud_9] Delicious...thanks!

Have a great day. 

Morn everyone. This is what I have been melting so far this week" Tin Man: Stanless Steel, White Cake, Blue Sugar  and Marshmallow Bomb by CFOW

Iced Cinnamon Buns by Mystic

Fall Morning by YC, cut up votive

White Woods by OPT

Candlelove, sending prayers for your brother and hugs to you.

It was 20 this morn when I left the house. Have a great day.

Good morning everyone!

It's almost up to the freezing mark this morning and feels like a heat wave after the last couple of frigid days.

Debra, I love that CFTKR Frost on the Pumpkin.  Of course I love almost anything by Carol! ♥️

Maggie, you are so sweet to outfit your daughters' apartment with little Christmas trees.... It will be so homey and beautiful! And yes, I hate it when the forecasters give those huge snow predictions and then it fizzles out. 😭

Susan, I love CFOW's stainless steel.  I remember thinking, what does SS smell like?? But I really liked it.

Michele, I hope your brother is bearing the treatments as well as possible a and is on the way to a complete recovery. 🙏

Well I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying being home, and DH, Clemmie and the dogs seem to approve as well.  I have hardly left the house, although yesterday I did have to go in to the office for a short time.  

It's been:

RG Spearmint - her spearmint is mixed with vanilla and is very strong and delicious. I was trying to work through some of my bags, but I think I'm going to abandon this and start on the Winter melts.  There are just too many bags and I'm feeling overwhelmed, which I don't want to be.

L3 Sleigh Ride - Winter Candy Apple, Peppermint, and Sweater Weather.  I like this one because it spruces up the SW, not always my favorite note by itself.

VCS Christmas in Connecticut - Apple pie, eggnog, cranberry, vanilla ice cream - very different combination and I love!  Nice and strong after a year's curing.

BBW Berry Waffle Cone - one-wick, on the warmer - oh this is a beautiful scent, both the berry and the waffle cone coming through loud and clear. 

Have a good Thursday all!  This week is going by too quickly.