The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Who's That Ghoul in Your Wax Pool? October 2019

Good evening ladies,

Well now that's more like it, lots of chitchat going on. 🗣️🗣️🗣️

Maggie, that orange ice cream shake mixed with...candy corn...🤔 how was that? I love candy corn but it's often so light ... Could you pick it up? Did you like?

Debra, pumpkin and lavender together - that sounds interesting and maybe even lovely - what did you think?

Susan, I agree... sometimes CFOW was light in my house, but on the flip side there are some strong, excellent beauties I will always order from her!

Michele - that VRC Bread and Lattes - ohhhhh I think that's one of the best in that sampler!

Honeybear, I am so, so happy that your daughter has her boyfriend over there for two weeks with her. What a weight off your shoulders that must be! Maybe you can get a little well-earned rest!

Well it was a good work week.  Also got through some melts:

VRC Lemon Sugar Noel - I love this so much.  It was an owl shape that I hated to melt, but it was worth it.

L3 Rainbow Sherbet Southern Sunshine - a big bright fruity blend.

L3 Maid's Day Off - clean cotton, lavender, vanilla, marshmallow fluff - from the lovely laundry sampler.  A bit sweet....I think I like the sharper cotton blends.

VRC Zen - French lavender, eucalyptus mint, seabreeze - there are no words.  This Lavender Sampler is to die for, so glad I went completely insane for all Sarah's samplers!

Tonight there was a big tie-up on the highway so I had no choice but to get off and go to BBW.  You will all be very proud of me because I got only two hand sanitizers.  The week, however, is young.

Good night all!

[smilie=th_e16]

Susan ~ Good to hear about the CFOW singles. I have a Sterilite drawer of samplers from her. Hope those do better!

Amy ~ You’re really making me wish I would’ve gotten that lavender sampler from VRC. I think you missed your calling, my friend. You really should work in advertising. [smilie=yes]

And yes, I am getting more sleep, but missing talking to my girl now! [smilie=th_sad-1] DD#1 is coming for a visit in a couple of weeks, so looking forward to that! [smilie=cloud_9]

S&S ~ Strawberry Zucchini Cream Cake

Dessa’s ~ Fresh Bread and Jam

SGA Sugared Violet Cookies

VCS Strawberry Jackie O

Burning Gold Canyon Caramel Pumpkin Kiss.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day! I’m so happy it’s Friday. My husband has been working 12 hour days and I miss him!!

I am also happy it is Friday.  This has seemed like a very long week. [smilie=snoopy]

We  had to replace the furnace this week.  A big project that did not make the cats happy.  Too much noise, thank you very much.  🐱

I hope you have a nice weekend with DH, Valerie!

Amy, I am also thinking I should have bought the Lavender sampler. I haven't found many of those blends I don't like.  The Pumpkin Lavender was one of my favorites.  Looks like I may need to do a custom blend somewhere to get more.  And, I usually can not smell the Candy Corn scents, either...and I really want to! [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

Tonight it is Citrus Pop  - Scentsy.

Good morning all,

Home and it's cold and raining, perfect for spooky Halloween scents. 🎃💀🕷️🕸️

Debra, not the furnace! Nooooooo! It's always something!  As for candy corn...I had a small sample from a vendor and it was soooooo strong, so I ordered more... Which was unscented. 🙄 Now it's one of those holy grail things....

Honeybear, your DH needs some rest!  You made me laugh... Advertising... Well maybe that could have worked for something i really loved... With scent, that's easy, lol.  I should have ordered those SGA Violet cookies, sounds so tasty.

Susan, the graham cracker and caramel sounds heavenly.  I love graham cracker anything.

Michele, hope you are well, pretty quiet. 🤗

Maggie, I hope your cough takes the next plane out of town!!  Feel better my friend!!🤗

Well with Halloween this weekend I have broken out the spooky stuff:

TBG Charred Jack o' Lantern - my very favorite of the ashy scents.

BBW Vampire Blood 3-wick - strawberry and plum.  Spidery label.  Love!

Colonial Candle White Pumpkin - one of my favorite fall melts.  I do love their wax.

Happy melting everyone!!

Good morn ladies. Melting today: Blackberry & Tangerine by Mystic, etsy shop

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday.

Debra, sorry to hear about your furnace.

Good Morning!

Maggie-Feel better!!

Amy-Glad you are home!  I keep forgetting to melt that TBG Charred Jack o’ Lantern.  I know it’s here somewhere.

Debra-Sorry about your furnace.  I love that Pumpkin Lavender scent.  I had it years ago from a vendor I no longer remember.

Susan-Hope you are doing well.

Valerie-Enjoy your weekend with your husband.

I have melted VRC Salted Caramel Cupcakes. Strong and good.

Last night and this morning it’s Swanky Palo Santo Clean Shave Coconut Milk. Overnight it was Swanky Lavender Paris Vanilla Lace   Loving everything!

Happy Saturday everyone!

Thank you for the furnace condolences!  That really eats into the wax fund, doesn't it?

It has been chilly, but absolutley beautiful - blue skies, autumn leaves...I wish it would stay like this for months!  [smilie=th_LOVE]

Tonight it is Cheryl's - Cedar and Teakwood. I think tomorrow will be the time to bust out the Halloween scents! 

Good morning all!

Maggie, the board is missing youuuuuuuu! 🤗😘

Michele, you reminded me to melt Palo Santo and I thank you for that!  And the Swanky is waiting patiently as well... Sounds like you are melting and making a dent.

Susan, the Blackberry & Tangerine sounds wonderful, and so great that you discover new vendors on Etsy... If I ever get off this celebration, I will do the same.

Debra, your weather sounds perfect, and honestly if we ever left Ohio, I could be tempted by the PNW.

Well the charred scent finally finished, so this morning it's:

BBW Vampire Blood (continuing) and this has a lovely throw.

Spotted Hog Cinnamon Rolls - the last of this bag and DH is very sad to see it end.

SGA Palo Santo - thanks to Michele for the reminder - oooh, what a beautiful woody smoky blend.  

Have a peaceful Sunday all.

Well good morning all, 🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

Susan, good to see you, hope you are doing well.  How is your client doing?  Is his hip healing ok?  I'll bet that meant a lot of heavy lifting for you to help him.  Again I stand in awe of you doing full time caretaking.

In the South for two days and ready to go back to cooler weather.  

So it's been:

VRC Queen Of Hearts - lovely strawberry bakery blend from the divine Cookie Sampler.

Waxmosphere Strawberry Kiwi

BBW Pumpkin Cupcake three-wick - had to put this on a warmer, little tiny flames and no throw.  At all.   But on the warming plate, it turned into all sorts of deliciousness, beautiful mellow pumpkinness with just the right amount of spice.  It's a shame it wouldn't burn and I can't imagine they intended the wax to behave that way. 

Enjoy your Tuesday all!

Good morn ladies.  Melting today: Danish Butter Cookies by CYS

Baker's Delight by CFOW

Amyjo. he is doing well.  Doing some overnights with him 12 hours shift. Did 5 this month. 

Hope everyone is having a good week. 

Hello and good evening all!

Thanks Amy and Michele!  And Amy....I am happy to report that I'm "finally" beginning to cough less! :sHa_woot:

Halloween week is crazy in a preschool...I can not wait until Friday!

Debra...sorry to read about the furnace...ugh. I love your idea of comparing scents from different vendors! [smilie=th_cc8]
Honeybear...I'm happy to hear that your daughters bf is there to comfort her. That's wonderful news!
Well....with all the ribbing I've taken over the years about my wax...I was asked for tarts from my eldest DD now that shes moving out. LOL I love it. 💕

Tonight it's CFTKR Frost on the Pumpkin from a sweet pal...who I miss seeing on the board. 😢

Transylvania by My Paradox Box...her stuff is so strong..make go back and take a peek.

Goodnight.

Good morning everyone from the dentist office. 🙄

Maggie!! Good to see you.  I'm so glad your cough is finally getting better!! I can only imagine how lively your school must be with Halloween... Are the little ones all excited?  How FABULOUS that your eldest DD wants tarts - you've obviously raised her well! 

Susan, I'm glad to hear that your client is doing well, and I'm sure that is due to your excellent care of him.  He is lucky to have you as his caregiver.  Your bakery scents sound good and I love how you always coordinate your melts.

Well it's been:

Hayden Rowe Bahama Mama- great throw but I have to admit that tropical scents with pineapple are not always my favorite.  If you like pineapple this is for you.

Candles by Victoria White Chocolate Peppermint - a year old and this one was throwing through my whole house, through the windows, and out into the yard, threatening to scent the entire county.  Squirrels were abandoning the trees.   I had to turn it off.  Beautiful but wow!

And a moment of rapt silence for the following:

BBW Pink Petal Tea Cake - rose petals, strawberry, and yellow cake - Oh. My Goodness. So beautiful that I don't know what to say.  I have never smelled anything like this before.  As a small one-wick candle, no throw, so I put it on a warmer.... Glorious.  I must have this scent in my life forever.  Love, love, love.

I am home and plan to take some vacation time today or tomorrow.  Enjoy your Thursdays!

Maggie, I hope the day after Halloween is not too chaotic at school!

Amy - the dentist? [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] Must have gone well to be able to post!

I have had 2 waxidents in 2 days, and turned on the melters last evening and forgot to put in the melt. Maybe I need to be licensed for this hobby?  [smilie=th_smiley-crying]It seems to be above my skill level right now.

Tonight, Happy Halloween to all! [smilie=th_smilies-1]- I am melting YC, the patchouli scent.  It is not Halloween if I don't melt that one for the spooky evening.

Good morning all!

Currently 29F here in Ohio and I thought we would all blow away last night.  Fall is truly here. 🍂🍃🍁 Did you all get lots of trick-or-treaters?

Debra, not waxidents!!  I'm sorry!  They do tend to come in waves, don't they?  It sounds like a good winter's rest is in order!  And yes...I had to visit the dentist for a scheduled appointment yesterday... They outfitted me with music headphones and I did not go through my usual giggling routine, yay!

It is so lovely to be home.  I am taking a half day vacation in the afternoon today and just enjoying being in my house and looking outside at the turning leaves.

Melting/burning last night or today:

L3 Vanilla Lace Spearmint - a big fav of mine and so strong.

Wonderberry World's Best Funnel Cake - just delicious and again so sad that she is closing!! 😢

VRC Berry Bubblegum - sweet and fruity - DH wants more of this one.

BBW Chestnuts & Clove - I think my fav from the Fall Collection that I've smelled - didn't seem to get much attention but ohhhhhh beautiful.  This is the one-wick and I have it on a warmer, which seems to be the ticket for the one-wicks, at least in our house.

BBW Pumpkin Pie - three wick and doing very nicely.  I get the crust and it's not overly spiced.  🥧

I have taken down the goblin decorations but the glowing Enchanted Pumpkin melter is staying put through the holidays.  I have never loved a melter as much as that one.

Happy Friday everyone!!

Happy Belated Halloween! 👻 

It’s been a busy week.

Maggie ~ Yay that your daughter wants tarts!!  My older daughter prefers candles, and has lots of them. LOL My younger daughter likes both, but right now is just using candles sparingly that I send her. It costs $92 to ship a large flat rate to France. [smilie=th_th1ptgno] I’ve sent two so far, and planning a third. She can’t find good coffee there so I center coffee beans and lots of other goodies, too. Candles are not really the priority now.[smilie=th_fear8]

Amy ~ Enjoy your afternoon off! And happy melting! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Debra ~  Sorry you had to replace a furnace. Definitely motivation for skipping orders. But maybe not. [smilie=th_giggle]

Susan ~  glad to hear your patient is doing well. 

Dessa’s Caramel Apple French Toast

Swanky Zucchini Sugar Cookie Lemon Ice Box Cookies

Bunny Sisters Avobath Fizz

Homemade Pink Sugar Serendipity 

Have a good day!

Happy Friday everyone. Melting yesterday & day: Happy Haunting: Smokey vanilla, wood smoke, twisted peppermint. Very strong

Vanilla Vooodo Lavender

Halloween: Cinnamon sugar donut, pumpkin pecan waffle, vanilla bean marshmallow and white cake. All by CFOW

Good Saturday Morning!

Amy...I hope you enjoyed your bit of time off...nice to get off the work wheel every now and again. Only about 20 trick or treaters this year...stopped to return three big boxes of candy last night. We usually get 100 at the minimum.

Debra...oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your waxidents! They are so frustrating and depending upon the type of wax...sometimes impossible to truly clean up. Hope it was soy! 🤞🏻

Susan...your scents sound wonderful! 😉

Honeybear....oh yes! Coffee trumps tarts for sure...did I really say that? LOL.   Although I'm shocked that she can't find a good coffee in France! Wow! And $92 to ship?? Crazy!

This morning it's the last of Spotted Hog Pumpkin Donuts...my favorite place for Fall scents. I'll definitely be ordering more of these next Autumn. 
Will be heading out for paint this morning...painting my daughters room. As long as there's music playing....should be a fun job.

Have a good one.

Good morning all! Greetings from the laundry where I am washing all of the dog blankets and throws. 

Very crisp and cold with frozen strips on the car this morning so we may be skipping fall and going straight into winter.  Beautiful sky.

Maggie, I'm sorry you got so few trick or treaters! but the weather was so bad that night...I remember trick or treating with my son in the snow when he was about four, and walking very fast to stay warm.... Good memories!  Enjoy painting today - you never stop.  🤗 Andy yes... Next year let's do a big order to Spotted Hog - and you were right, her Halloween scents are the very best -and I don't have any more at all. 😭

Honeybear, that is very good of you to send coffee to your DD!  Those shipping charges, yikes.

Susan, I think your scents were perfect for Halloween!

Well it's been:

Ava's Iced Tea With Lemon - excellent, very strong.

Wonderberry A Slice Of Summer - and yes I know I'm in the wrong season here - strawberry key lime cheesecake with graham cracker crust - love this so much and waaaaaah, I wish she weren't closing.

Vintage Road Candy Shop - coconut bay, barber shop, lavender cotton candy - delicious.  I seem to remember that she did a loaf in this which I didn't buy, and that may have been a mistake. 🙄

BBW Banana Cream Pie - chopped it up because it had no throw burning... It did well on a candle warmer but took forever and ever to melt.... So I did the chopping thing.   It needs the hottest warmer, didn't do much with the light bulb ones.  I'm thinking this wax is mostly paraffin, what do you think?  Still on the lighter side melting, and I think they could have added more fragrance oil.   The scent is gorgeous so I am hanging in there with it. 🧐

Enjoy your Saturday and bundle up!

It is very cold here, too!  Under 30 degrees at night, but 50-60 during the day.  All of my annuals went kaput last night.  

Maggie, it is interesting how the number of trick-or-treaters changes each year.  It is really hard to know ho much candy to buy - I hated running out early!

Susan, that Halloween scent sounds like a very good one!  

Honeybear, that is a lot to spend on shipping! Ouch! Candles would make the box heavy in a hurry.

Tonight it is cleaning out the Halloween basket:  Trick or Treat - HHS and BooBerry -  Scentsationals.

Good Sunday Morning!

Amy...ohhh that's a lovely memory! 💕 I think we only had snow once and they postponed Halloween...lol.  You got a deal with the SH order next year! I'm in for sure! I love her Autumn/Halloween scents.

Debra...oh no....did you run out of candy? I came close one year but luckily I think I had 3 candies left once they stopped arriving. Whew.

Today it's Spotted Hog again...Spider Cider and Deadly Donuts. Delicious. :sHa_thumbgoodjob:

Have a great Sunday.

Hello all!

Maggie, they postponed Halloween because of snow that year?? Actually that is probably wise...I imagine many people would stay home and it's probably not as safe with all the crazy drivers in the snow. 👍👍 And Spider Cider and Deadly Donuts, oh definitely need more of that next year!

Debra, I'm sorry about your annuals.  The cold has really moved in.  I salute you for planting annuals in the first place... Lazy me has always stuck with perennials.

Susan, I love the sound of your smoky peppermint scent!  I don't know if I have anything like that.

So it's been:

Better Homes and Gardens Peach and Blueberry Crisp - very strong and I'm just not sure how I feel about it.  I prefer CFTKR's blueberry scent.

L3 Seattle Rain / Prince Charming - pomegranate and grapefruit, love this! Very very strong.

L3 Legotastic Coconut Coast - starfruit, mango sorbet, coconut - lovely and comforting.   I love coconut without the too-often accompanying pineapple.

BBW Chestnuts & Clove - one of my favorites of any of my fall scents in any form.   Burning nicely.  I trimmed the wicks a bit more than usual and it isn't threatening to burn the house down, always a good thing.  Beautiful nutty scent, perfect spice for my taste.

Happy Sunday to all, get some rest!

Hello! 

Bunny Sisters Merman ~ Day 3

Bunny Sisters Counting Sheep ~ Day 3

VRC Fresh Bread & Lattes ~ From a sweet CF friend [smilie=thank_you]

SB Blueberry Zucchini Noel

Dessa’s Strawberry Spritzer 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]