The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Who's That Ghoul in Your Wax Pool? October 2019

Hi! 

Thank you for all the kind thoughts and hugs for my daughter. It means a lot. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] 

Sharon ~ I’m happy to see you can melt again. 

Debra and Maggie ~ Who is this Night Owl you speak of? Is it a newer vendor a blast from the past?

Amy ~ I think I have that Hot Cocoa candle. If it’s the one I’m thinking, I burned one last year and had to get another because it was so good. DD#1 told me how much she loved it.

Michele ~ Your VCS tart sounds awesome!

Swanky Cashmere Glow Pink Sugar

Rocket’s Cosmic Pumpkin

S&S Funnel Cakes & Waffle Cone

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Morning from a very wet and miserable Wales! 

Maggie ~ that Sugared Cake sounds delicious

Amy ~ Glad you had a good night's sleep, its lovely when you get one. (What's a Cronut?) 

Today I'm waiting in, hoping the blind man calls to bring my blinds back. We had 3 new windows put it at the front of the house last week and instead of getting someone else to replace the sills (the wood wasn't looking its best) the window man put a plastic sill cover over them. So, because of the extra thickness it meant the blinds, we have the vertical kind, were now dragging on the sills. Now we had to get them shortened, they said possibly ready by today. Hope so as I hate bare windows. Obviously we have curtains but I hate having them fully opened during the day. 

We'll, that was a novel!! 😜 

So while I wait, I'm melting

Darley Lama Pink Knickers 

Darley Lama Frosty Moonbeams 

Good Morning!

Amy....thinking you're heading home today? Safe travels to you![smilie=The_Hi]

Sharon...absolutely lovin the names of your scents...lol! And I'm not Amy, but I believe a cronut is a mix between a croissant and a donut. [smilie=yes]

Honeybear...Night Owl is not a new company and she's still around. I bought from her a while  ago but haven't been back....not sure why since I like her stuff a lot! [smilie=th_LOVE]

I finally switched all of my warmers over to 8 hour timer ones. Now I won't have to worry if I forget to turn them off before work....they will be turning off by midnight anyway.

Last night it was SCDB by Sniff My Tarts. This one I haven't smelled in years and it's still as good as I remember.

Have a great day.

Good morning all from the airport and so glad to be going home.

Sharon, I'm sorry your weather is wet and miserable.  I hope the blinds get sorted successfully.  And I also cheer for any melt named Pink Knickers. 🤣 Yes Maggie is right, that's a cronut!  Very decadent. 

Honeybear, I'm sending you and your daughter a big hug.  I hope she is feeling a bit more at home overseas. 🤗🤗

Maggie! I think those timers are a great idea.  No worry overnight.   And SCDB...?? Sugar Cookie Double Butter?  Silly Comment Database?  Soggy Cruddy Diaper Bundle?  🤔

Michele, keeping your family in my prayers. ♥️

Susan, hoping you are well and going to have some fun this weekend.

Well this morning Security went through all my wax and my beloved cocoa candle and told me they had to make sure it was really wax. ???? I bring more or less the same amount of stuff every week but today I was a suspicious character.  *Sigh*

Speaking of my beloved cocoa candle, it is about halfway through, and it took off on me last night, the flames becoming so strong and sooty that I could hardly blow it out.  I always trim the wicks but gee whiz.  These are the three thick ropelike wicks and I've trimmed them back even more severely this time.  Wow, all I did was pop in the shower, really a lesson in not leaving a candle unattended.   Still I will buy this one again.

So I didn't melt or burn this morning, trying to air the room out for the next person.  

Happy Friday all!!

Good Morning!

Amy-I am happy you are going home.  Sorry they went through your wax.  I hate that. I am ordering that Cocoa Candle based on the rave review here. They had a Vanilla Patchouli too that looked interesting. It’s BOGO now and $10 off. 

I have never heard of Night Owl either.  I will look when I have made a very big dent in my wax.  

Maggie- Those timer warmers sound like a good idea. 

My brother is having his surgery on Nov.1st. Please keep him in your prayers. 

I’m melting SMT Strawberry Vanilla Butter Fudge.  

Enjoy your day all!

Hi hi! 

Sharon ~ Hope you didn’t have to wait too long for your blind man, and also hope he had a driver. [smilie=th_giggle]

Amy ~ Thank you for the hugs! ❤️ And I’m pretty sure it’s sugar cookie dough bread, but your soggy diaper guess gave me a good chuckle. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Maggie ~ I’m happy to hear you got timers on your warmers so you won’t forget to turn them off anymore. 

Michele ~ Hoping all goes well for your brother! 

Swanky Strawberry Blueberry Queen of Cupcakes

Dessa’s Zucchini Noel

S&S Fruit Loops Fluff Cake

I’m grateful it’s finally Friday. My husband has been working twelve hour days 😩and needs to sleep this weekend! 

Sharon,  you have reminded me I need blind repairs also.  

Michele, sending good thoughts to your brother, and Valerie I hope DH will get some rest this weekend!

Maggie, I hope you like the timers!  I have one set to come on right before I wake up so I wake up to a lovely smell, and this morning I woke up before the alarm from the scent going, it was so strong - CFTKR, Apple Salad.

Good morning all,

A little frost this morning, what a change from 90F two weeks ago.

Michele, I'm glad your brother has a date for the surgery.  Continuing to keep your family in my prayers.  I like the sound of that strawberry fudge scent. 

Honeybear, your husband needs some rest after those long days and I can imagine that you do too, with all that's been going on. 🤗 Also, thank you - sugar cookie dough bread, of course!  *smacking forehead*

Debra, I love that you set your timers so you wake up to a beautiful scent!

Well yesterday and today it's been:

BH&G Fall Leaves - the last of the value pack and I hate to see this one end, even if it does have apple in it.  

Wax Workshoppe Baja Cactus Blossom -floral with orange juice, and actually I like this.  

CFTKR Butter Rum Lifesavers - absolutely authentic and strong.  I didn't let this one go forever because it was a bit overpowering, but I enjoyed it for a short time.

TSGS Cucumber Cantaloupe - so refreshing after all the fall scents of late.

VRC Sleepy Time - pink sugar, herbal lavender, peppermint, vanilla - I could not be more delighted with this Lavender Sampler.  Beautiful.

And last night while we were watching Doc Martin, I burned:

BBW PB&J - I love this toasty bread / peanut butter / strawberry jelly combo.  It's very comforting, with the crusty bread note the strongest.  I will say that the wicks were drowning and struggling so I tried the cotton ball method and that helped.  I would repurchase.

Enjoy your Saturday, everybody.

Good Morning!

i hope everyone is doubt well. My husband is home and tonight we are celebrating our 39th wedding anniversary.  

Tomorrow we are celebrating our two daughter’s engagements. We are expecting about 50 people for a house party. It’s a busy weekend. 

Amy-What’s the Cotton ball method for drowning wicks?   I’m sorry to hear you are having that problem with the BBW candles. I have 4 on the way. 

Melting today ST Elm Street In all melters. This is Pumpkin Creme Brûlée, Toasted Marshmallow and Sweet Cornbread. It’s smelling good!

Have a great day everyone!!

Good Morning All!

Amy...[smilie=th_lmao-1] Oh my gosh....your guesses made me spit my drink out and cough a lung out!  (Yes..Honeybear's got it!) As for the suspicious character that you are....[smilie=th_cha66]....hmmmmm....very suspicious, indeed.

Michele...your brother is in my prayers. And a big Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

Honeybear...glad your hubby with get some rest this weekend!

Debra...that kind of timer sounds nice. Waking up to scents has always been nice which is why I'd leave mine on overnight but....I'd forget to turn them off when I left for work. :sEm_oops2: I ended up buying the 8 hour timer bases but they need to be switched on. I like them but if they turned on at a certain time that would be even better!

Its Farmhouse this morning which is custom I made from Tara's Candle Cottage. I think her stuff gets even better as time passes. This guys rather old but it's kickin. 

Have a good one.

Hello again!  Michele, I want to wish you and your husband a very happy 39th wedding anniversary!  That's wonderful.  And a party for 50 to celebrate your daughters' engagements -  I stand in awe.  That's a big weekend and I hope you enjoy every minute!!

Maggie, it's good to see you and I do hope you start to feel better soon!!

Michele I didn't know what cottonballing a candle was until yesterday either...I looked it up and found a video. If the flames are puny and struggling, you blow out the candle, and then sop up some of the wax in the middle, between the wicks, using a series of cotton balls.  You don't take it all, just enough to bring the liquid level down about half an inch on the wicks.  Then relight and hopefully the flames do better.  The video said that when this happens, the vendor may have used the wrong kind of wicks for that particular wax and you might have to do it again. 🙄  I only had this problem on the PB&J candle.  The Cocoa one has burned like a champ from the start, actually almost too well, with big dancing flames.

It gives me something to fool with, which always makes me happy.   Have a great day everyone!

Good morning, it's been:

Hayden Rowe King of Hearts- bergamot, black tea, citrus, laundry - a duck sample, very fresh and nice and I would repurchase.

L3 Paternoster Gang - BJBC 🤣, Lemon Meringue Pie, Coconut Cream Pie - yummy.

Burning BBW White Winter Woods - icicles (?), Cedar, sandalwood - not sure what those icicles smell like but the cedar is lovely, and this has a good clean burn.  Love!

Hoping everyone has a peaceful Sunday. 

Hello!

Thanks Amy! I do too! [smilie=yes] I do the same with my candles except I use paper towel pieces...it usually does the trick!

In the workshop it's Beach Bum Bakery by SGA 

Everywhere else it's Friends Don't Lie by VCS -Pumpkin Pudding Nilla Wafer Pie

Have a good evening.

Michele, you have had a big weekend!  Congratulations on it all!  Time to rest...

Amy,  I agree - it is fun to do wax maintenance! 

Maggie I have quite a few TCC! It has been several years ago - but  I think that was the first vendor that I tried out my own custom blends.

This weekend it has been Scentsationals - Adventure Seekers and  one from a very old OOB vendor - Grumpy Girl in a  Blue Sugar scent.

Hi All!

We had a wonderful weekend. We enjoyed a nice anniversary dinner and the party went well. Unfortunately the weekend flew by too fast and DH is on a plane back to OH. 

I was burning candles all day. Finished up BBW Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Pumpkin Pecan Waffles. I have 2 PartyLite Votives in Spiced Pumpkin going and a BBW Toasted Vanilla Chai was going all day with no issues. 

Maggie and Amy-Thanks for the tips on drowning wicks in candle burning. 

Debra-yes it’s definitely time to rest.  Hopefully tomorrow. 

Good Night to all!!

Good morning all,

Maggie, your paper towel trick sounds as though it might be less messy than the cotton balls.  I will have to try that!

Michele, I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed all of the festivities!  And I hope you can rest today.  All of your scents sound beautiful and I imagine the party was lovely and fragrant with your fall candles burning! 

Debra, the Blue Sugar melt sounds delicious.  I need to hunt down that Adventure Seekers.

Well it's been:

Zeep Gingerbread Latte - I love her coffee blends - nice and strong, and I finished a scoop jar, yay!!

L3 Corn Pancakes

L3 Snow Bunny (pink sugar, buttercream, spearmint) and Pink Chiffon

Everything was very strong.

Happy Monday all!

Hi All!

Thank you Amy. It was lovely. 

Melting VCS Dr. Frank-n-Furter in all melters.   This is Cinnamon Glazed Baklava Spiced Cream Cheese Crunch Cake. Delicious!

Enjoy your day all!   

Forgot to turn one of my melters on. I hate when that happens. 

Burning candles tonight -

Partylite Hocus Pocus

YC Harvest

BBW Pumpkin Marshmallow Vanilla 

Goose Creek Salted Pumpkin Pretzel

Evening all!

Pretty quiet around here...*sound of crickets*...

Michele, your scents sound very tempting and they are making me hungry... the baklava...the pretzel...

Well I am still digesting the sad information that Wonderberry, OPT and Wax Workshoppe are all closing up shop.  Of the three, I had brought only one with me on this trip:

Wonderberry Coffee Ice Cream - vanilla ice cream, coffee, brown sugar, cocoa - fabulous, delicious, excellent throw - truly, truly sorry to see Courtney stop making this amazing wax.

Also melting:

Vintage Road Mochaccino - chocolate, whipped cream, cappuccino - from the superb Coffee Sampler - ohhhhhhhhh.

and

L3 Pilates? I Thought You Said Pie and Lattes - which again I would have bought simply for the name - cream caramel macchiato, pie crust, and vanilla ice cream - come to mama.    From the excellent Bakery Sampler, and I was concerned when it arrived because it was so light on cold - no worries here.  Strong and utterly divine.

So it has been smelling pretty good around here.  Cold and rainy and I think winter is around the corner.

Have a good night all -

Amy, I see you have the cocoa/coffee bug!

Michele, I am glad you had a good time with all of your events!  I remember Hocus Pocus!  That was an extremely popular, hard to find candle awhile back!

I am melting a favorite CYS - I don't think it is on the list anymore - Pumpkin Lavender Vanilla.

Good Morning All!

Amy....:sHa_haha:"crickets"? LOL Love it. The name of that L3 tart is hysterical....Pie and Lattes....[smilie=th_giggle]

Debra...I believe TCC was the first place I made a custom too! And I really love how she's so generous with keeping your blend up with your name...seems normal but so many vendors don't so that. How was that Grumpy Girl tart? Still kickin? [smilie=th_scratch]

Michele...yay! [smilie=th_c2e41937]Glad your weekend was a success! Lots of wonderful things happening for you! [smilie=th_aa17]

Susan....Sharon....Cyn...Michelle.....Aria.....hope all is well!

Last night was Dr Julia Hoffman by SheLovesCake...orange ice cream shake with candy corn.

Have a good day. 

Good morn everyone. This is what I have been melting this week so far: Fizzy Pop Soda & Plum Crazy 

Lily Pad

Black Cherry Bomb all by CFOW

Lavender by Up North Creek Creation

Hope everyone has a nice Wednesday.

Good Morning!

Susan--Hope you are doing well. 

Thank you Maggie and Debra. I’m glad everything went well. 

Amy-I’m melting from that VRC Coffee Sampler too.  It’s Fresh Bread & Lattes.  This is Brazilian Coffee, Vanilla Cream, Vanilla Wafers and French Baguettes. It’s wonderful!

Enjoy your day!

Hello ladies 😊

Wow, you girls have been chatting up a storm. LOL  I’m sorry I’ve missed out on so much. I’ve been struggling with lots of anxiety, but happy to report my daughter has her boyfriend visiting in France. He got there yesterday and will be with her on her Fall break these next two weeks. It definitely is a comfort.

Michele ~ Happy Belated Anniversary! 😘

Amy ~ Your “come to mama” comment was so cute. You never fail to make me smile. Thank you! 🙏

Debra ~ The Hocus Pocus scent is seasonal. They had it the past two years. Do you remember one called Mystery Potion? They brought that one back this year and I have some on the way. 🤗

Susan ~ How did your CFOW do? I was really disappointed with the chunk bags from that vendor. And I have a bunch of sample cups yet to melt...

Maggie ~ Thanks for reminding me I have some She Loves Cake wax tucked away in a cute little box somewhere. 🤓

SB Blackberry Lemon Birthday

SB Pink Frosted Cake

Dessa’s Pumpkin Caramel Confection

VCS Deep Slumber

This morning I woke up really enjoying what I was smelling, but when I got out of bed, I noticed that I forgot to put the cup back in so there was nothing in it! 😂 Last night I put the glass cup in the freezer and fell asleep before I changed it out! 😂

Hope everyone is having a nice day.

• Morn everyone. Melting today: Banana Nut Bread by Up North Creations
  • French Vanilla by CFOW

Honeybear I would say it is a mix bag, on chuck bags.  Most of my things from her are singles and I like that better.