The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
debra99

I "Autumn" Melt More in September

9 hours ago, MaggieMae said:

Yay! I'm on! Thank you Cyn! 😀

Michele...I'm sorry to hear about your Dad but glad he had no broken bones. Hope the pain and swelling subside soon!

Amy....I found some of those BHG aromatherapy clams at Walmart and OMG! I got a few because they smell soooooo good. Thanks for the tip! I hope you are enjoying your time with no traveling! Yahoo!

Last night and today it's Hayden Rowe Blue Sugar Vanilla Sandalwood

and SGA Shy Girl - Beach Night, Strawberry, Peach and Cantaloupe - both delish!

Have a great evening!

Yay! So glad we got you back up & running. 

Michele, I am also sorry about your father's accident. Hope he is healing up well. 

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Hi🖐️

Popping in to say hello, but everything looks strange, and where are our cute emojis? ☹️ Are they gone forever?? 😥

Well, I guess since I’m already a mess, I might as well shed a few tears for the emojis, too. 

DD#1 is still here but leaves tonight. We’ve been enjoying precious family time prior to seeing DD#2 off to France yesterday. It’s been tough, and my eyes are showing it. So proud of her, but mixed emotions with my baby girl going off to live in a foreign country all by herself not knowing a soul for eight months.

Hope everyone is doing well here. Miss you guys. 

Hello hello hello!!  Finally I can see the last few posts.  I couldn't see anything after my last post of last Friday, until earlier today.  Thanks Cyn and Debra for fixing me up!

Maggie, oooh, I'm so glad you found those BH&G Aromatherapy melts - aren't they wonderful?? How did you like the HR Blue Sugar? I haven't melted that one yet but it smells good to me on cold.

Debra, yes, it is decidedly strange not to be living out of a hotel this week.  I like it very much.  I am trying to shake the odd feeling that I don't really live here.  I don't like that I feel like that, but so many months have passed being gone every week, and it adds up.

Honeybear...I am sending you a big hug.  I know your daughter is excited to go abroad and that is wonderful...but I know it doesn't ease the ache of her absence.  ((((((Hugs)))))) in just a few months you will be going over to see her.

DH has rehearsals every evening this week and since we have chosen to have only one car, this means that we are carpooling, and I am picking him up late at night. 😖 I will have to go back on the road to get some rest! *grumble grumble*

I have been melting quite a bit, which is good, because now I actually have digested just how much wax there really is around here.

Colonial Candle Pink Peppercorn - I really need to buy a 10-pack of this next year.  Absolutely adore.

Colonial Candle Graveyard Fog - a strong anise scent, which I like, but I didn't like having the whole house smell like that.

Colonial Candle Indian Summer - white pumpkin, spices.  So delicious.  To me this is different from most of the other pumpkin scents.  I love this vendor.

Golden Willow Marshmallow Flambe - fabulous.  Why did I neglect this vendor so badly this year?

BH&G Caramel Bread Pudding - yes yes, very nice.

TBG Pumpkin Pie Spice - very lovely and it featured an adorable little pumpkin.

TBG Candy Corn - nice scent but this one seems to be light from every vendor.

TBG Apple Bubblegum - very sweet and fun.

My Paradox Box Pumpkin Patch - very nice!  A gift from a dear pal, thank you  so much!!

Waxmosphere Lu*sh Death & Decay - OMG. OMG.  So.Completely.Wonderful.

It's good to see most of us .. Susan, you ok?... Sharon, hi!!  Michele, I know you are a busy bee!!  Have a great evening!  

Wowie, Amy - that is quite a list! Apple Bubblegum - I had not thought about that combo before!

Honeybear,  I am sending mom hugs - hopefully you have your daughter Skype/facetime trained!

I have Pomegranate Spice melting from Creative Enchantment.  This is a scent I repeatedly buy, but I am not really a fan.  Not sure why I order it from so many vendors!

9 hours ago, NMhoneybear said:

Hi🖐️

Popping in to say hello, but everything looks strange, and where are our cute emojis? ☹️ Are they gone forever?? 😥

Well, I guess since I’m already a mess, I might as well shed a few tears for the emojis, too. 

DD#1 is still here but leaves tonight. We’ve been enjoying precious family time prior to seeing DD#2 off to France yesterday. It’s been tough, and my eyes are showing it. So proud of her, but mixed emotions with my baby girl going off to live in a foreign country all by herself not knowing a soul for eight months.

Hope everyone is doing well here. Miss you guys. 

Are there specific emoties you are looking for? I can try to find the codes for them and get them added back. 

Hugs to you for sending your daughter off like that. How exciting for her! But I totally get it - I would be torn. 

4 hours ago, Amy Jo said:

Hello hello hello!!  Finally I can see the last few posts.  I couldn't see anything after my last post of last Friday, until earlier today.  Thanks Cyn and Debra for fixing me up!

Yay, I'm glad you're in! Do I need to merge accounts for you? And meant to quote your part about CC Pink Peppercorn...love that. It's a good one!

While I'm here, might as well chime in: 

CC - Meyer Lemon 3-wick candle. Love the scent, but this 3-wick isn't throwing like I expected. 

White Barn - Pie Crust melts. Nice, buttery pie crust scent but very light, even finishing it off with 4 cubes. I've been disappointed with most of these wax melts as far as strength. 

Hope everyone has a good night. 

Good Morning All!

I hope everyone is doing well. My father is doing well. They gave him a cortisone shot in the knee yesterday.  That should help with the pain. Thanks everyone for your concern.

I  melted VCS Cream Cheese Waffle Cone yesterday. Today it’s SB Pink Wildberry Mint from a sweet CF friend.  This is smelling really nice. I’m beginning to really enjoy the mint blends.   

Valerie- I’m thinking about you. I know your daughter left for France.  Hope you enjoyed your time with her.

Amy-I’m hoping you are enjoying your week home.  Sounds like you have been keeping later hours with the driving.  Sounds like fun though. 

I’m finally able to get on the board easily   

Hi Cyn and thank you!!

Enjoy the day! 

Evening all!

Michele, I'm glad your Dad is doing ok.  I hope the cortisone shot helps him.  That waffle cone scent sounds lovely.

Debra, I am laughing that you have ordered Pomegranate Spice many times but you don't really like it.  It sounds like something you would like, too.... Is it the spice that's weird?  I'm sorry it isn't turning out to be what your nose wants it to be. That sounds like me with Amber blends...

Cyn, yes please, merge my accounts if you would, thanks a lot!  I love Meyer Lemon, hope you enjoyed that candle.

Thank heavens, I only had half-day meetings today and same tomorrow, so DH and I divided up the day for the car.  I don't have to go out late anymore this week, a really good thing because I just don't see well at night with oncoming traffic.

Well between last evening and this evening I popped in:

Southbound Fall Flannel - Vanilla Bean, tonka, smoky woods, caramel, clove, and laundry.  I wanted to love this, really I did, but no.  I don't know why, either. I love all of those scent notes individually, but blended together, something funky happens for me.  I think caramel and laundry are just not meant to be together.

A Crafty Barista Frosted Lime Cupcakes - oh just so delicious!  Tart and tangy and scrumptious!  This was a gift from a sweet CF pal, thank you so much!!

CFTKR Mac Apple Chestnuts Brown Sugar - also a gift from a dear CF friend, thank you!! - really good, and the chestnuts have tempered the Mac Apple beautifully.  Of course!!  Carol is perfection!

VRC Mint To Be - Rosemary mint, French lavender, and Olive Branch type - in the bedroom, and so beautiful that I can hardly form a sentence.

That is all I know. Have a lovely night, everyone.

(Oh, can I just dig a hole and crawl in?  Does it really have to say why we edited? 🤣🤣  I almost always forget something... And leave words out... And make typos...I suppose this means I should actually proofread)

1 hour ago, Amy Jo said:

Evening all!

Michele, I'm glad your Dad is doing ok.  I hope the cortisone shot helps him.  That waffle cone scent sounds lovely.

Debra, I am laughing that you have ordered Pomegranate Spice many times but you don't really like it.  It sounds like something you would like, too.... Is it the spice that's weird?  I'm sorry it isn't turning out to be what your nose wants it to be. That sounds like me with Amber blends...

Cyn, yes please, merge my accounts if you would, thanks a lot!  I love Meyer Lemon, hope you enjoyed that candle.

Thank heavens, I only had half-day meetings today and same tomorrow, so DH and I divided up the day for the car.  I don't have to go out late anymore this week, a really good thing because I just don't see well at night with oncoming traffic.

Well between last evening and this evening I popped in:

Southbound Fall Flannel - Vanilla Bean, tonka, smoky woods, caramel, clove, and laundry.  I wanted to love this, really I did, but no.  I don't know why, either. I love all of those scent notes individually, but blended together, something funky happens for me.  I think caramel and laundry are just not meant to be together.

A Crafty Barista Frosted Lime Cupcakes - oh just so delicious!  Tart and tangy and scrumptious!  This was a gift from a sweet CF pal, thank you so much!!

CFTKR Mac Apple Chestnuts Brown Sugar - also a gift from a dear CF friend, thank you!! - really good, and the chestnuts have tempered the Mac Apple beautifully.  Of course!!  Carol is perfection!

VRC Mint To Be - Rosemary mint, French lavender, and Olive Branch type - in the bedroom, and so beautiful that I can hardly form a sentence.

That is all I know. Have a lovely night, everyone.

(Oh, can I just dig a hole and crawl in?  Does it really have to say why we edited? 🤣🤣  I almost always forget something... And leave words out... And make typos...I suppose this means I should actually proofread)

OK - I'll merge your accounts for you as soon as I can. 

I'm loving on Myer Lemon...wish it were stronger. 😞

Is that required - to fill out the reason for edit? That should be an optional thing. I'm going to see if I can just eliminate that field altogether. Otherwise, you can always type, "It's my business." 🤣

Hello and Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

I am very happy it's Friday! Already the sickness has begun at school...director of the school became sick after 2 days of coddling little ones...I'm hoping I stay well! Fingers crossed.

Amy...glad you don't have to drive at night anymore and I hope you got to really enjoy this little break!! And, yup... I am lovin these Bh&g and Scentsationals Wax Melts. ❤️ 

Valerie...big hugs to you!  I get sad when mine travel far for a short while so I can imagine how you must be feeling but I'm sure she is sooooo excited![smilie=th_bighug-1](btw....all the cute emojis are here...they're at the bottom or just use the search.)

Debra and Amy...yes! I love that Blue Sugar Sandalwood! Wonderful scent! 

Cyn...I think you fixed it! I don't think I see the reason for editing..lol. 

So it's been bh&g Citrus Autumn Brew and it's wonderful! May go back for more....although my Fall stockpile is already too large...hmmmm.[smilie=th_sign0162]

Thank you for the hugs. I knew you would all understand. :skywriter:

Cyn ~ I found the emojis. Thanks, Maggie! [smilie=th_aa21]

And Maggie ~ Yes, she is excited, but also scared at the same time. She’s definitely my hero, pushing past fear to follow her dreams. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Amy ~  I almost never fill in the reason for editing. Am I in trouble? [smilie=th_giggle]

Melting the infamous Swanky Lavender Paris in honor of my daughter’s stay in Paris. Tomorrow she takes a train to Avignon, where she has an Airbnb waiting, and will travel from there to a smaller town called Bollene, where she will help teach little French children how to speak English. So cute!! 

Have a good day all.

It is also getting to be candle weather here, Cookie.  It is more like October weather.

Ugh...I don't see the emojis at the bottom, only in the gray banner above my posting as I write.  Do you find when you click on the emoji smiley face only a few load?

Tonight it is a L3 Ravenclaw candle burning.

Good morning all,

The meetings are over and all of our visitors have gone home. 🎉 It was good to see the larger group.  The last two days have been much more restful with DH and me sorting out the driving situation.

Still awfully warm here in Ohio and I am ready for cooler weather.

Maggie, I'm so sorry the rounds of sickness have already begun at your school!  I hope you will stay healthy.  I'm melting one of your creations this morning.💞

Debra, I like that Ravenclaw from L3.  How strong is the candle?

Susan, good to see you.  I am thinking about you. 🤗

Honeybear, I hope your daughter will have the happiest of years teaching children in France!  And I'm sending you a big hug. 🤗

Michele, I hope you are doing well.  We will be on our road trip before you know it. 🤗

Cyn, glad you liked that Meyer lemon, and you made me laugh saying I could just say my reason for editing was nobody's business! 🤣 Thank you for taking that out!!

Well I'm nearly through the Fall Mac apple scents and can move on to the pumpkin soon.  

So it's been:

TBG Cinnamon Cream Apple - red Apple, cinnamon, cream, nutmeg.   The spices are good in this one.  TBG has been throwing great for me.

The Bunny Sisters Zack Morris - in all of its blue sugar wonderfulness - a gift from a sweet CF pal, fabulous, thank you!

Pills 'N Potions Kickin' It In The Sticks - ozone, embers, apples - oh, I do love the fireside scents - a gift from a generous CF pal, thank you!

Southbound Cranberry Woods - cranberry, cinnamon, cedar, amber - I love love love this, but after one year it had begun to fade. 😭 I remember last year this one blowing me out of the house.  More and more I am seeing the wisdom of having a smaller stash.  Some of these melts don't seem to last (except for Carol!).

Kae's Scented Melts Vetiver - wow - a beautiful scent and so strong.  I ordered a number of single scents from Kae because I didn't really know what some of the individual notes smelled like.  Now I know that I love Vetiver.  This vendor throws great in my house and I love her sparing use of dyes - the melts are in gentle pastels and I'm liking that a lot.  (Of course, I love bright colors too.... Rocket's neons come to mind... Waxmosphere tie-dye....I love it all.)

OPT Beach Day - a Maggie creation - Coopertone, Cut & Shave, SSA - and I'm back at the beach!  One small tart and it's filling the front of the house.  Thank you my friend!

Have a great Saturday everybody!

21 hours ago, NMhoneybear said:

Thank you for the hugs. I knew you would all understand. :skywriter:

Cyn ~ I found the emojis. Thanks, Maggie! [smilie=th_aa21]

And Maggie ~ Yes, she is excited, but also scared at the same time. She’s definitely my hero, pushing past fear to follow her dreams. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Amy ~  I almost never fill in the reason for editing. Am I in trouble? [smilie=th_giggle]

Melting the infamous Swanky Lavender Paris in honor of my daughter’s stay in Paris. Tomorrow she takes a train to Avignon, where she has an Airbnb waiting, and will travel from there to a smaller town called Bollene, where she will help teach little French children how to speak English. So cute!! 

Have a good day all.

Glad you found them! 

9 hours ago, debra99 said:

It is also getting to be candle weather here, Cookie.  It is more like October weather.

Ugh...I don't see the emojis at the bottom, only in the gray banner above my posting as I write.  Do you find when you click on the emoji smiley face only a few load?

Tonight it is a L3 Ravenclaw candle burning.

They are all loading for me, Deb. Did you try a different browser? 

21 minutes ago, AmyJo said:

Good morning all,

The meetings are over and all of our visitors have gone home. 🎉 It was good to see the larger group.  The last two days have been much more restful with DH and me sorting out the driving situation.

Still awfully warm here in Ohio and I am ready for cooler weather.

Maggie, I'm so sorry the rounds of sickness have already begun at your school!  I hope you will stay healthy.  I'm melting one of your creations this morning.💞

Debra, I like that Ravenclaw from L3.  How strong is the candle?

Susan, good to see you.  I am thinking about you. 🤗

Honeybear, I hope your daughter will have the happiest of years teaching children in France!  And I'm sending you a big hug. 🤗

Michele, I hope you are doing well.  We will be on our road trip before you know it. 🤗

Cyn, glad you liked that Meyer lemon, and you made me laugh saying I could just say my reason for editing was nobody's business! 🤣 Thank you for taking that out!!

Well I'm nearly through the Fall Mac apple scents and can move on to the pumpkin soon.  

So it's been:

TBG Cinnamon Cream Apple - red Apple, cinnamon, cream, nutmeg.   The spices are good in this one.  TBG has been throwing great for me.

The Bunny Sisters Zack Morris - in all of its blue sugar wonderfulness - a gift from a sweet CF pal, fabulous, thank you!

Pills 'N Potions Kickin' It In The Sticks - ozone, embers, apples - oh, I do love the fireside scents - a gift from a generous CF pal, thank you!

Southbound Cranberry Woods - cranberry, cinnamon, cedar, amber - I love love love this, but after one year it had begun to fade. 😭 I remember last year this one blowing me out of the house.  More and more I am seeing the wisdom of having a smaller stash.  Some of these melts don't seem to last (except for Carol!).

Kae's Scented Melts Vetiver - wow - a beautiful scent and so strong.  I ordered a number of single scents from Kae because I didn't really know what some of the individual notes smelled like.  Now I know that I love Vetiver.  This vendor throws great in my house and I love her sparing use of dyes - the melts are in gentle pastels and I'm liking that a lot.  (Of course, I love bright colors too.... Rocket's neons come to mind... Waxmosphere tie-dye....I love it all.)

OPT Beach Day - a Maggie creation - Coopertone, Cut & Shave, SSA - and I'm back at the beach!  One small tart and it's filling the front of the house.  Thank you my friend!

Have a great Saturday everybody!

bwahaha - no problem!

And, unfortunately, I've discovered that from my insane wax hoarding. Tons of $ down the drain on scentless wax melts. A few companies (like CFTKR) seem to last forever, though, so that's one silver lining. And my candles from 10 years ago are still good! 

On 9/20/2019 at 6:47 AM, MaggieMae said:

Hello and Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

I am very happy it's Friday! Already the sickness has begun at school...director of the school became sick after 2 days of coddling little ones...I'm hoping I stay well! Fingers crossed.

Amy...glad you don't have to drive at night anymore and I hope you got to really enjoy this little break!! And, yup... I am lovin these Bh&g and Scentsationals Wax Melts. ❤️ 

Valerie...big hugs to you!  I get sad when mine travel far for a short while so I can imagine how you must be feeling but I'm sure she is sooooo excited![smilie=th_bighug-1](btw....all the cute emojis are here...they're at the bottom or just use the search.)

Debra and Amy...yes! I love that Blue Sugar Sandalwood! Wonderful scent! 

Cyn...I think you fixed it! I don't think I see the reason for editing..lol. 

So it's been bh&g Citrus Autumn Brew and it's wonderful! May go back for more....although my Fall stockpile is already too large...hmmmm.[smilie=th_sign0162]

Yay! I'm glad I figured that out. There's a steep learning curve with this forum software. 

This morning I'm dedicating to finishing up some partially used clamshell packages & candles. I'll be on the road the next several weeks & don't want to leave behind an orphaned stash. 

Chesapeake Bay Candles - Bourbon Pumpkin. Really like this candle. 

Hanna's - Peach Lemonade. Good one. 

Hanna's - Watermelon Lemonade. Like this one, too, but it's not strong enough. 

White Barn - Pie Crust. No more WB melts for me once this mini-stash is gone. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good Morning All!

It’s  a beautiful and quiet day here.  I am melting TBG Pumpkin Marshmallow Cookie Jar today.

I’m getting nervous hat all this wonderful wax I have accumulated will have lost scent by the time I melt it.

Cyn-That Bourbon Pumpkin candle sounds good.  You reminded me I have a similar one from YC I bought last year.

Valerie-Hugs to you  I’m sure your daughter will have a wonderful experience.

Have great day everyone!!

:hello:

Michele ~ I wouldn’t worry about your wax. In my experience, most wax holds its scent very well, not just Carol’s. I have melted SGA, BL, S&S, and many others 4-5 years old that still throw unbelievably well. 

VCS The Upside Down ~ Creamy Coconut Bonfire Sandalwood

My daughter is settling into her Airbnb and pleased overall so far. Her program doesn’t start until October, so she has time to get acquainted with the area. Once things get going, she only works 12 hours a week. This is definitely more for the experience. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

[smilie=th_thumbs20up][smilie=th_ecd36868][smilie=th_ecd36868]

Cyn, mission accomplished with a different browser!  Thanks!

It is supposed to be a rainy day tomorrow, sounds like a good wax organizing day...

Honeybear, it is reassuring to hear things are going well for your daughter!

Amy, I love Vetiver! I just got a big jug of that scent for my Fragrance Lampe.

Tonight it is a very old Scentsy - Tea Blossom.  I keep waiting for them to bring that one back...[smilie=th_anyminute]

Good early morning! I'm going to be on the road most of the day. Anyone heard of Martin, TN? 

Michele, definitely don't worry too much about your melts. I have some almost 10 years old that do still scent. I think it has a lot to do with not only vendor, but how it's packaged and stored. Clamshells perform the poorest for me as far as longevity, regardless of vendor. 

Honeybear, how is she liking her Airbnb? I started using that about a year ago & now I rarely use hotels anymore. 

Deb, I'm glad that worked! Whew! 

This morning will be Cranberry Woods car freshener from B&BW. Love! 

Hope everyone has a great day!

Morning all, well after our little Indian summer we've had for the last few days, it's raining today. Still warm though. 

No plans for today as yet. 

Melting YC Oud Oasis in my living room, not decided on anything elsewhere as yet. 

Hope you're all well and have a lovely Sunday

Oh, Honeybear, hope your daughter is settling well over this side of the pond. I've not done Airbnb yet, trying it next week though. 

7 hours ago, debra99 said:

[smilie=th_thumbs20up][smilie=th_ecd36868][smilie=th_ecd36868]

Cyn, mission accomplished with a different browser!  Thanks!

It is supposed to be a rainy day tomorrow, sounds like a good wax organizing day...

Honeybear, it is reassuring to hear things are going well for your daughter!

Amy, I love Vetiver! I just got a big jug of that scent for my Fragrance Lampe.

Tonight it is a very old Scentsy - Tea Blossom.  I keep waiting for them to bring that one back...[smilie=th_anyminute]

That Tea Blossom sounds lovely. I love tea scents. Are Scentsy worth the money? They seem pretty expensive compared to others. 

Good morn ladies. I had a fun day yesterday, we went to the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC.  If you ever get the chance to go, it will be forth it. No melting today. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Happy Sunday!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Melting SGA Beachfront today   It’s a hot one here today  

Thanks Cyn re the melts.  That does make me feel better. Glad that both you and Valerie have had luck with the older melts. I have never tried BBW car fresheners.  Need to get some. 

Susan -I’m glad you had a good day yesterday. Hope the same today.  

Sharon-Are you going on a trip?

I went to our new Lush store yesterday. I see another “hobby” happening. 

Enjoy the day all!!

Deb and Cyn ~ Unfortunately, the adjusting well was short-lived.  She’s dealing with a bedbug situation from the hostel in Paris and she’s literally so freaked out she’s sleeping in the bathtub! And in the morning has her work cut out for herself! I spent several hours on the phone with her, but I feel completely and utterly helpless.

The Airbnb is fine, and we’ve used them before successfully. At this point she is wondering what the heck she is even doing there and just wants to come home. 

Michele ~ Did you get anything at Lush?

Sugar & Spice Ghost Munch Cookie Butter Crack

SB Lavender White Cake