The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
debra99

A Gust of Scent

Hi!

It sure is quiet around here.

Heading to bed and wanted to say I’m melting in my bedroom Waxmoshere American Dream. This is a dupe of Lush American Cream. I’m in love!!!

Thank you to a very generous CF friend.

A lush store is opening here in September. I’m going to stock up on some products in this scent.

Good night all!!

Hello dear ladies,

Well another hot day. I am not one to rush summer away... But I am not too sad to see September coming up.

Maggie, your Lush scent perfumes sound wonderful!! You know how I feel about Lord of Misrule.???? I hope they will all be enjoyable! You are so right about the Lush prices - wow (Michele, brace yourself when that store opens!). I'm also grateful for various vendors doing dupes because the scents I've tried so far are...fabulous. Of course then I wonder if they are spot on... But in any case I'm enjoying them and hope you will too. And thank you for the kind words... The celebration is going well so far and I really appreciate the encouragement!

Michele, also congrats on your celebration of wax - great job! We finally broke the ordering cycle... Tough to do. I can't imagine the excitement of getting ready for your daughters' weddings!! I'm glad you're enjoying all the preparations. As for Lush American Cream - "in love" is also my reaction - that scent is like a magic potion for me. It grabbed me and hasn't let go.

Well I've been melting away here in the hotel room:

VRC Charmed - I got every drop of scent out of this one - it ran all night last night and ohhhhh. That lime, with the amber and the jasmine... Michele, if Sarah has this when we go to visit her store, I'm cleaning her out. ????

Swanky Queen of Cupcakes Raspberry Sugar - a gorgeous giftie from a sweet CF buddy - OMG. Her wax! It's just decadent. Thank you so much!!

VCS Jane Eyre Loves Mr Rochester - the rest of this small bag - lavender cream and Earl Grey tea, spectacularly delicious.

Spotted Hog Watermelon Margarita - strong and authentic. I have burned out on watermelon however. Time to take a break because normally I love this scent, and it was well done with a lovely throw.

Vintage Road A Good Walk Spoiled - this name cracks me up - an earthy, rainy scent - grass, dirt, patchouli, lilac, jasmine, and rain. I really like this, and it's a lot like Groot from Closet Full of Wax.

Yankee Candle Cubes - Alpine Morning - a new one from Walmart (ok, it was a local purchase) - beautiful. Not a scent note to be found online, but it has some lemon and mint going on, at least to my (usually wrong) nose.

Have a good night, all!!

Amy, you are very convincing! I am ready to try Charmed! I will start by hunting through the VRC box, and who knows what I may find. ;)

It has been hot and finally today we were to have a rainy day. Well, I was ready and it just barely spit a few drops. Just enough so that you need to wash the car... :(

Tonight it is Bay Laurel - Cheryl's. This remains one of my favorites! :wub:

Good Morning!

Melting VCS Sweeney’s Barber Shop. This is Shaving Cram Mint Strawberries. I’m starting to like these minty scents.

Debra-It’s been hot and humid here too. Yesterday we had some rain to break the humidity. It’s supposed to be another hot one today.

Enjoy all!

Hello dear ladies,

Well, I made a quick getaway today and need to pack tonight. It is hideously hot and humid (and Honeybear, I realize this is nothing compared to AZ!). Lots of lightning strikes all week so it's a little nerve-wracking walking to the car.

Debra, that Bay Laurel sounds beautiful. I'm sorry you didn't get much of a rain. ????

Michele, I love the sound of your Sweeney's Barber Shop. Strawberry and mint with barber, oooh. Really like the shaving cream scents, especially if they are the Barber Shop 1920's type that remind me of my grandpa.

Maggie - say it isn't so - that Blueberry White Cake is my most favorite CFTKR scent and also my favorite blueberry of all. Maybe that was a lighter batch? ???? That happens sometimes, doesn't it?

Well, I have a few pieces to melt through tonight. Some very nice scents yesterday and today:

WoodWick Petite Candle in Sand and Driftwood - so lovely. I remember last year when I melted my first one of these and thought something was wrong with it because it was making that noise. ????

I brought little bags of these next ones and I can't remember if they were ScentSationals or BH&G:

Laundry Basket - nice clean scent.

Sage Leaf Aloe - lovely! Fresh.

Fresh Air - very calming.

Nutter Butter - I think this has a different name, but that's what I wrote on the bag - it's a chocolate and peanut butter bar, neither scent of which I normally like, but I love this.

And a giftie from a dear CF pal -

Inner Zen - oh, this is a beautiful, minty, calming scent. Thank you my friend!!

And to all a good night! ????????

Amy, that is really funny about the WoodWick! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

We had waffle day at work today. Not sure much work got done, but it was really fun to see how people topped their waffles.

Tonight it is a mouthful - FP - Pink Sugar Cotton Candy Orange Chiffon Cupcakes.

;)

Happy Friday!

Hope everyone is doing well.

We have been without air conditioning for 2 days now since we needed a new air conditioning unit. It’s being installed over 2 days. We need a new AC unit at the beach house as well 3 weeks ago. Why does everything happen at once? I am hanging out in my basement since it’s much cooler and have come across some treasures. I am melting a very old CYS in Chai-Nilla. I just started it up in a tealight melter. Hopefully it does pretty well.

I have quite a collection of older tarts down here. I should melt just older tarts one week a month. It’s a good eye opener to keep celebrating!

Hopefully my husband will be able to make it back tonight so we can head to the beach house for 10 days. After Labor Day the wedding dress shopping starts. I have decided to get a knee replacement in early December. I want to be able to dance at my daughter’s weddings.

Enjoy the day everyone!!

Happy Saturday!

Amy...yes....can you believe it? That was the first CFTKR tart that did nothing and it's not too old as far as my tarts go. It's exactly one year old....bought it last August. I agree...sometimes you get a few light batches...can't remember how the other ones from the bag did. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Michele....that really stinks about the two ACs! But I feel like that's how life is....everything at once!! I do hope it's installed soon! Good thing the weather has changed...not as hot! I love going into the basement when it super hot too....much cooler! Lots of exciting stuff coming up for you...including a brand new knee! Yay! You'll feel sooooo much better!! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Debra...waffle day? [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] Sounds delicious!

Yesterday it was Concrete Jungle by L3 and it was still going strong when I got up...a great scent! I've got the windows open today so the scent has disappeared.... [smilie=th_sSig_what]

Have a great day. :)

[smilie=th_c2e41937] Hi everyone. Melting today: Violet Lime from CFOW

Candlove, sorry for your loss. Hope everyone is doing well. Been very busy last couple of weeks, filling in for other people.

Good morning all!

It was in the 50s this morning and oh it feels so good!!

Maggie, that's weird about that tart and I'm sorry it had to be that beautiful scent. Usually Carol's melts are so strong and this last group from a month ago is no exception. And yes I agree with you...L3 lasts a long time for me too. I keep reading that she changed her wax formula more more than a year and wow, it performs really well in my house.

Debra, waffle day?! That sounds wonderful! DH is wanting a waffle this morning and says it is National Waffle Day. What did you put on yours? That FP is indeed a mouthful... how was it?

Susan!! It's good to see you! You work very hard. I hope you get a day off soon. I like that CFOW Violet Lime and had a bag of that last year.

Michele, I'm so sorry you've had to deal with not one, but TWO a/c systems out at once. That is repair overload. Very exciting that you will be getting a new knee so that you can dance at your daughters' weddings!! ????????

Well I made a new melting basket and have jumped in:

Ava's Citrus Custard - a beautiful, creamy lemon/lime blend - this lasted from yesterday afternoon and all night throughout the house I love her wax!

TBG Apple Cardamom Pie - from one year ago and lovely and strong. DH is so happy for the fall scents to be starting even though it is early. He is not a fan of all of the fresh. ????

While I work through the older wax, I do trickle in a few newer ones:

Waxmosphere Enchanted Forest (Lush So White) - orange, citrus, apple, rose, bergamot, neroli - absolutely wonderful and I continue to be thrilled with this vendor. The scent has lasted more than 12 hours so far.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

Hi All!!

Amy-Sounds like you are making great progress!!

Susan-Thank you. Good to see you posting.

Started melting a bit later today. Just put on SGA Dumbo Snacks in the main area and in the bedroom is a sample from SB-Unicorn Berries

Happy Saturday!!.

Good Afternoon....what a lazy lump I've been today....where has the day gone? I do have a bit more weeding to do but after last weeks swarm attack....I'm laying low. [smilie=th_smiley_doorpeek] Surprisingly, where I had the most stings...the area looks like a big bruise. Weird.

Susan...welcome back to posting! :hello:

Michele...cute names for your Melts. :sHa_okay:

Amy...yay for the cooler weather! I can't believe I've got the windows open right now...love it. Nice sounding melts and :sSig_agreed: with Michele...you are making great progress!

I switched up the downstairs melters and I am loving the VRC His & Hers....omg....it's a blend of BS and PS but there's a delicious bakery note in the back....kinda like SGA Woodstock Boogie....but a very different fragrance. Both :flirtysmile4:

Upstairs I put my new 8 hour timer warmer...I always forget to turn that one off so I haven't been using it....that is not acceptable...so it's Savannah Blue in Looking Glass - Coconut milk, woodsmoke and clean cotton, :flirtysmile4:

Maybe I'll clean out the laundry room and rearrange my linen closet. So exciting. :mellow:

Have a good one.

Amy. I am not very creative - I simply went with berry syrup on my waffle! And the "mouthful" scent was nice, hard to pick out specific notes, I think the orange was the most noticeable.

Hello, Susan! [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

Michele, it always seems to happen that way with things around the home. Its like they get the idea from each other to quit working!

Owie, Maggie - did I miss the story? Was it bees, or?

I have finally decided that I do not like Fig scents. <_ it took awhile to come the realization i melted brown sugar and fig then cranberry was uninspired.>

Good Sunday Morning! Sitting outside and it's pretty brisk. Only 67 now and barely getting up to 75 today. There's a Blue Jay going nuts...squawking and jumping from branch to branch in a circle. I've seen my dog do that circle nutty thing but never a bird. Strange...maybe it's the temps. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe We lost our power last night for hours...lit the first candles I saw...they didn't mix well...cinnamon donuts and something floral... [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc finally decided to go to bed.

Debra...I think you're right with those appliances! [smilie=th_slider_brent] I suspect they're in cahoots as well!! As for my weeding...I picked up a barbecue cover that had blown into our landscaping. It happened to be filled with yellow jackets (I think) and boy were they mad! I am not someone who is afraid of bees/yellow jackets or wasps and I will take down hives or spray swarms but I didn't expect them under the cover. After some crazy dancing and swatting (thank the Lord I still had my gardening gloves on) I ended up with over 26 stings. We stopped counting as the benedryl began to make them subside. I wonder if my neighbors got it on their camera? [smilie=th_Hnh5]

This morning I found a Semo in Sandbar hiding in the back of a drawer. Let's see how it does.

Have a great day. ;)

Good morning all!!

Thank you ladies for the encouragement regarding the wax celebration. It means a lot. I was really headed the wrong way.

Nice and cool here also and I actually put on a sweater this morning! Does that mean I should melt some Sweater Weather? In any case it feels delicious.

Maggie...I am so so sorry you were stung so many times... Hideous and I imagine frightening. I'm glad you still had your gloves on, there's a small blessing. Also smart thinking to hit the Benadryl right away. Sheesh, no fun at all!!

Debra, what?! No fig for you? Are you sure? ???? But but but!! As for the waffle, that berry syrup sounds good. In fact, any sort of waffle sounds good.

Well last night I switched the melters to:

Ava's Lemon Coconut Funnel Cake - fabulous, such a beautiful blend. It is still throwing this morning.

Vintage Road Cranberry Spice Cake - this is lovely and the perfect spot between sweet and sour. Beautiful throw in the cooler warmers, which seem to work best for this softer wax.

And I'm about to change them over to:

Scentsy Casting Spells - Apple, roasted pears, cinnamon bark - I love this scent so much, and a sweet CF pal sent me more of it - thank you!!

Have a peaceful Sunday everyone.

Good Morning!

It’s a cool morning here.

Maggie-That’s terrible! I hope you are doing ok. Those stings must have hurt.

Hope your power is back on.

Yes Debra and Maggie-I think the appliances plan to stop working at once.

Overnight melt was SMT Blonde Moment, Fresh Strawberry and Mango Sorbet.

Main area is ST Charming. This is Pink Grapefruit and Sugar Cookies.

Wow, Maggie, that was a lot of stings! I bet it was painful! I am glad the Benadryl calmed things down for you.

It has been cooler but supposed to get back up to 90 this week. [smilie=th_dd5]

Tonight it is L3 - Blonde Moment Mint Leaf.

Good Morning All!

Very cool day today. It’s only in the 60’s. Looks like rain.

Overnight melt was The Bunny Sisters Whatta Man.

In the main area is SGA Cafe Bustello. This is Lavender Latte and Birthday Cake.

Enjoy your day all!

Morn everyone. Melting today: More than four by Hayden Rowe

Frosted Oatmeal Cookie by OPT

Keep Swimming by CFOW

Maggie, I would have been [smilie=th_cry2yw3] with that many stings.

Good Morning!

Thank you for your kind words regarding my run-in with the yellow jackets. [smilie=th_teks0311] Actually, I think a single sting is worse...Maybe my adrenalin was up or maybe taking the benedryl fast helped but it all felt kinda muted.

Michele...I love grapefruit and sugar cookie! That's a goodie.

Susan..."Keep Swimming"? Is that a Finding Nemo reference? How did it smell?

Amy....suppose you're on the road again? Its nice that your Melts are matching your weather! I think your hopeful prediction seems to have materialized.

It's Woofwix Orange Sherbet Waffle Cone Funnel Cake

And Rosegirls Cantaloupe

Both doing well and smelling delicious.

Have a good one.

Hello :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Maggie ~ So sorry you got stung up like that. Scary!

CFOW Blueberry Ice Cream French Toast

CFOW Carnival By The Sea ~ Pretty weak throw with this vendor. Maybe this vendor doesn’t improve with age. :(

Scentsy Jammy Time ~ Not a fan. Almost turned it off in the middle of the night. I think I may destash my whole Scentsy collection. [smilie=th_pardon]

Homemade Mint Mojito

Have a good week!

Hello all!

Greetings from the road. A little further North than usual. ????

Debra, how can it be still 90 by you... You need some relief up there!!

Maggie, I hope you have recovered from your run-in with the bomb squad! Good to hear the Woofwix and RG are doing well... Both of those scents sound delicious.

Michele, weather in the 60's, now we're talking! That Cafe Bustelo sounds so good.

Susan, how is that HR More Than Four? I missed that one!

Honeybear, I'm sorry your Carnival by the Sea isn't throwing for you... You know I would crawl through hot oil for that scent...????

Well tonight it's:

Cleanse Your Soul Swedish Dream Salt - yes I know this is not a fall melt, I needed a break from DH's caramel apple scent yesterday - ocean breeze, lavender, balsam, cucumber, lime, musk, oak moss. Absolutely gorgeous and throwing its head off.

Have a good night all!!