The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
debra99

A Gust of Scent

[smilie=th_hello]

Maggie ~ She’s leaving for France on September 17th. ????I have to soak it up while she’s here. [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

I also melted Dessa’s Cotton Candy Confection yesterday, but I couldn’t smell it. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Amy ~ I love a nice gentle thunderstorm at bedtime! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Sharon ~ This hobby of ours is a bit time consuming, isn’t it? [smilie=th_giggle]

Michele ~ Glad the date is set and confirmed. Let the fun begin! [smilie=th_aa17]

Debra ~ Yep, I was able to get one. ;) I did my own blend with her Creamy Coconut Cake and it was yummy!

Speaking of Sugar & Spice...

S&S Fruit Loop Fluff Cake

Homemade Serendipity Mallow Sugar Cookie

CFTKR Wildberry Zucchini

Started a GC Sunshine candle today. It’s more of a floral, but really nice for a change.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

[smilie=th_hello]

Maggie, the carpets look pretty good! The cats almost had a heart attack with the commotion, but its over for quite awhile!

One of the cats keeps nipping the back of my arm as I type to get attention. Yikes, what a sensitive area - it hurts! [smilie=th_sad-1]

Tonight's scent is Basil Sage Mint - Cheryl's.

Good morning all!

The moon is almost full as I look out the window and very beautiful. Going home tomorrow so I feel inspired today.

Honeybear, how exciting for your daughter to live and work in France! Now you have the chance to go over to visit her, adventures ahead!! Your Ghost Munch blend sounds wonderful.

Maggie, you had me laughing so much... Slow my roll ????????????... And yes, thank goodness for Jack! ????????

Debra, I'm glad the carpets turned out well! I'm sorry the kitties were upset - they surely don't like any disruption to their household, do they - and that was a huge event. I can always imagine them wondering what in the world we get ourselves into... Your Basil Sage Mint sounds lovely!

Well I have gone through everything I brought except the last of Jack:

Ava's Blackberry Jam - so juicy and beautiful. I continue to have great success with Ava's wax.

Spotted Hog Baker's Bliss - this one is a bakery base with butter, vanilla, sugar.

... And Jack! I still have one barbery chunk to enjoy tonight. I just checked back and Jack is from a loaf I ordered from SGA in May 2018. Still so strong and long-lasting. Lovely wax. ♥️

Have a good day all!

Good Morning!!!

It’s a gorgeous Day here!!

The weather is a little cooler -69 degrees. Just how I like it!

Amy-one more day.

Melting today BL Monster Munch. This is Green Apple, Cinnamon Glazed Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting from a lovely CF friend. This is the first time trying this vendor. So far it’s wonderful

Debra- Glad the carpets cleaning is over and all went well.

Valerie-Thank you!!

Yesterday I didn’t melt because I was out the entire day. It’s another busy one today but I’m meeting some friends for a nice lunch in the water. Great day for it here. .

Enjoy the day all!!

It will be cooler here tomorrow, too! I am ready for it!

Michele - I hope you had a fun lunch!

Amy - it is hard to be without wax, isn't it, LOL! ;)

Tonight it is another Cheryl's - Melon Apricot and Fig, from 2015, and still super strong!!

Morning ladies, not been on here as frequently as I have. It's been a busy time here, but I'm back lol.

Amy, I love my Glade warmers, especially as I put them on a timer so they come on for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours late afternoon. Sometimes I'll override it so they're on for longer.

It's really raining here now, looks like it'll be like this all day so I'm not moving from the house. I've no need to, so I won't. Need to catch up on cleaning, a corner of our bedroom looks like a bomb has hit it! So that will be done today.

Hope you all have a lovely day! ????

Good Morning!

Sharon-Rainy days are good for catching up on things.

Debra-I had a fun lunch. Thank you. It was a beautiful day for for it.

Overnight melt was ST Arwen. This was delicious! Loved it!

Going to head to the beach house soon. We were supposed to go last night but my husband was delayed again. He got home at 2 am.

I will report back later when I decide what to melt there.

Hello all!

Well, my plane is a bit delayed (Michele, I'm sorry your DH had such a long delay, I guess it's weather-related, he had been having bad luck lately!)... When they start delaying by a few minutes, then a few more minutes, it often doesn't end well, but the day is young!!

Debra, you are right, I am having wax withdrawal! Bringing home a bit of Jack the Clipper, couldn't bear to use it all up... Plus I bought a couple of small perfumes in Lush scents to tide me over... Checked that bag, for the first time in ages, so let's hope it doesn't go off to faraway places. ????

Sharon, I agree, my go-to warmer is becoming the 20W Glade and my tealights. I love popcorn scent, hope that was a good one.

Susan, hope you are doing well, kind of quiet.

So last night I didn't melt - tried to air the room out for the next guest - and just played with perfumes and listened to music. I will be glad to get home!

Happy Friday everybody!

Good morning all,

Kinda quiet in here...*chirping of crickets*...

So yesterday and today it's been:

Zeep Scoop in Gingerbread Latte - beautiful and strong.

L3 Skinner clamshell - blue Sugar, mallow fluff, vanilla wafers - very nice and I don't think I've had blue sugar with bakery before. Extremely strong.

Spotted Hog Berry Lemon Bundt Cake - lovely lemon.

Vintage Road Lemon Marshmallow Cookies - a favorite, beautiful juicy lemon.

Wax Canvas Fig & Moss - oh my goodness, but this is good. An all-soy wax, no dye, and received just two weeks ago - a beautiful earthy scent. I used only one cube in a 14w plug warmer and it came out into the hall. Impressed with this Etsy vendor!

And this morning I'm a little kid again with:

Vintage Road Banana Taffy Bubblegum Cake - this one makes me laugh, it's so sweet and nostalgic. I know most of you don't like banana and this is surely the candy variety. But I adore this scent and happily DH is also a fan. If I were not celebrating my stash/not ordering, I would get a whole bag of this! But I bet it will be there when I return, or something like it.

Enjoy your Saturday!

Good Morning!!

Hope everyone is well. It has been quiet around here.

Amy-Glad you are gone and are doing lots of celebrating.

Finally got to melting a bit after a very busy week.

Melted ST Arwen- Sweet and wonderful.

CFOW-SSA Sweet Marshmallow Lavender-Excellent. I love all SSA blends

SGA-Colton Candy Green Apple Watermelon and something else.

VRC Lavender Peppermint Shaving Cream.

Attending a memorial in PA today for my BIL’s 31 year old son. He struggled with mental anxiety and depression. Very sad. Please keep the family in your prayers.

Enjoy the day all!!

Michele, my heart goes out to your BIL and family. Such a difficult struggle and I am keeping them in my prayers. Big hugs.

Good afternoon...

I'm so sorry about your BIL's son....that's a terrible thing. I'll keep them in my prayers.

Amy...I love BS with bakery...yummy and unique. I love the scent of bubblegum too...

Last night and today it's L3 Be Enchanted Blue Sugar...omg...wonderful. ????Thanks Friend!!

Have a great evening!

It has been a very busy day! Very little melting going on here during the day, but I just got home and popped on Sweet Sage Fine Wine Sangria.

Thank you for all the kind words.

Not much time for melting today.

We did have some wonderful news today. . My oldest daughter got engaged tonight!!!

We now have 2 weddings to plan for 2020!!!

Good night all!

Michele!! I am so excited for you and your daughters, congratulations!!

This is going to be a whirlwind of s year with all the planning- great times ahead!

Hugs to you! ????????

Good afternoon!

Michele ~ So sorry about your BIL’s son. Hugs.

Happy for DD#1’s engagement! You are going to really have your hands full helping to plan two weddings!

Amy ~ I think your Banana Taffy Bubblegum Cake sounds delicious! I like banana scents. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

SGA MAC Apple Warm Vanilla Sugar ~ a gift from a sweet CF friend [smilie=thank_you]

S&S Cotton Candy Marshmallow Cake ~ OMG so yummy! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Dessa’s Journey Over Pandora ~ Lovely scent and had to order some more yesterday with my preorder. Remember, since she and I are friends, we meet for dinner to catch up so I never need to pay shipping. And...I did a good sized order because I know she will soon be spoiling a grand bay. [smilie=yes]

Homemade Swedish Dream Salt

Started a new Gold Canyon candle today in Mint Leaf. Wonderful!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I certainly have been enjoying my time with DD#2 this past week. :wub:

Michele, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Honeybear, I am glad you have had some time with your daughter!

We had a sink clog months ago - and the guy who cleared it popped a hole in the pipe several feet down the line and we did not know it - now there is a big puddle in our crawlspace. :angry: Now we need to hire someone else this week to come a drain it.

Tonight it is Me Time - Fruit Loop Pink Buttercream VBN.

Good Morning!!!

Just got back from driving my husband to the airport. Last night his flight was cancelled yet again.

Going to count money at the church in a bit but right now relaxing and enjoying VCS Lavender Cream Cookie Monster.

My air conditioner is broken and it’s a hot house in here. I think we need a new one. Unfortunately we needed a new air conditioner in the beach house 2 weeks ago too.

Debra-It’s always something. Now with planning 2 weddings this is the wrong time for these things to happen. But what can you do?

Have a great day all!!

Morning All!

Michele... [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack and Congratulations! Wow....two engagements so close together! Did you know? So exciting! Sorry to hear about the air conditioner!! That's no fun with the horrible humidity lately! Hope it's an easy fix.

Debra...yikes! He came in to fix something and made it worse? [smilie=th_talktothehand] Hope you don't have any permanent damage and it's fixed and cleaned up quickly for you.

Honeybear...glad you're having a nice time with your daughter. :)

Amy...I placed an order for some Lush scents. Thanks! I like that she has two "try me" freebies. That's a great idea. Can't wait till they arrive. I think my addiction to scent has transferred to perfumes lately.... [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

So today is a new to me vendor that I ordered from because she had clams for $1.50....how could I not?

Midnight Dahlia in Lavender Peppermint Mallow Fluff....smells great in the container but so far....not much. I suppose it could be the scent. We will see.

Have a great day.

You are right, Michele - there is always something to fix in the house! I hope all is smooth sailing for your weddings!

Tonight it is Sweet Sage - Mermaid Kisses.

Good morning all!

All settled in for the work week.

Maggie, which Lush scents did you choose? Apparently Lush has been around for quite awhile, but I had no knowledge of it, which may have been a good thing. I'm surely loving them now and hope you'll enjoy your perfumes!

Debra, the fellow who put the hole in your plumbing...I know that things happen, but sheesh. I'm sorry! And yes, it's always something!!

Michele - not the home a/c as well as the beach a/c - this is just too, too much!! The home hobgoblins are hard at work! I hope you will get some relief soon. And your DH had had more than his share of flight problems lately! I'm so excited for you, though, with both your daughters' engagements. I hope this makes the other stuff seem small. Or at least smaller. ♥️♥️

Honeybear, that's lovely that you and Dessa are friends and you can pick up directly from her. I love her wax. I'm so happy you are getting to spend lots of time with your daughter before her big adventure. ????????

Sharon, is it cooling down in the UK at all?

Susan, oh Suuuuuusan! Where have you gone?

Well I've been melting away trying to get through the older tarts. This is over the last several days.

Spotted Hog Orange Chiffon Cake

Spotted Hog Lemon Bundt Cake

L3 Cherry Lemon Slushie

Ava's 7-Up Zucchini Bread

All of these were very strong.

Vintage Road Charmed - Jasmine, Sweet Lime, Cotton Candy, Amber - wow, this one was a teaser - after about 30 minutes the sweet lime just unfolded... "Here, I have a present for you!" Love, love!

Walmart Fall Leaves - I can't recall if this was ScentSationals or BH&G, but it is absolutely lovely. I did buy this recently at Walmart. Still no wax mail orders. We all agreed that local purchases don't count, right?

Extremely hot here out East, mid 90s. I know that soon we will be grumbling about the cold, but I think I am ready.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!

Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe The humidity has dropped to 50%....thank goodness.....still 85 degrees but I can breathe outside now! Looks like it will rise to over 90% later in the day and temps over 90 as well. ( I know that temp is nothing to some of you...lol) I'll enjoy the morning while I can.

Amy...that Charmed sounds lovely....I'm glad the lime stepped forward since I know it's a fav. You seem to be doing great with your "celebrating"! [smilie=th_clap1]

I purchased Lush way back in the day and love most of the scents I've tried but they are so pricey that I just can't keep buying. Love to find dupes...I got Dirty and Exhale in the $1.50 roll ons, Olive Branch in Hair & Body Spray, Lord of Misrule in Dry Oil spray and freebies in Breath of God and Weather Turning.

This morning it's...

Scented Squirrel in Louisiana... :thwetkissf:

Hayden Rowe in Versailles.. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Have a good one. ;)

Hi All!!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. I did know my second daughter was getting engaged soon too. So I will have 2 weddings in 2020. One I think around March and one in November.

I have been celebrating my wax over here too.

I’m melting VCS Vogue. It’s excellent. It’s Pink Chiffon and Fresh Picked Strawberries.

Went with my friend to look at mother of the bride dresses today. I saw a few I liked. Then we went shopping to start making the bridal shower baskets and then to lunch. It was fun.

Hope you all are enjoying your day.