The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
debra99

A Gust of Scent

Hello dear everyone,

Quick break at lunch...I will post my scents later on. Continuing to move through some older melts and enjoying them, along with a couple of newer ones.

Maggie, good to see you, and that orange blossom sounds wonderful!

Michele, what a great find, those beautiful samplers, and I hope it feels like Christmas all over again. I also am finding nice bins of things I haven't touched... Breakaway bars...beautiful shapes...scent cups... It feels good to actually start melting them. Enjoy your bowling luncheon!

Susan, I have just started enjoying Cleanse Your Soul (not that I have melted much of it, see above).

Debra, ooo, I don't think I've had Mango with Spearmint, and I love anything Spearmint... Sounds like a good one!

Will come back later with scents - enjoy your afternoons!

Good Afternoon...staying in my pjs today...

Debra...oh...it's a wonderful scent and I'll buy more if I come across it again in Walmart. I remembered it was called Special Moments and I think it was from a Mother's Day limited edition release. It was still going strong this morning but I wanted something new.

Amy...I was on a CYS kick a bunch of years ago...oh my gosh...could she blend!!! I had perfumes and lotions and wax and scrubbies. I think she was bought out and my first order right BEFORE the transition was a dud so I never went back....which was silly. I really enjoyed her stuff...hope you're having good luck with yours!

Michele...I love the Pioneer Woman. I have a cookbook that I really love and I adore the designs on her cookware and such...all flowery and colorful. I just bought some ramekins that I wanted to use for wax warmer timers but they're toooo pretty.

Decided to put on McCalls Country Store...love this scent even though it's a fall scent...needed some comfort smells today.

Have a good one all. :)

Evening all. I promised to come back with my scents.

Maggie - I love the Cleanse Your Soul melted thus far, which was little pieces from the Ivory Soap and Satsuma Marshmallow Cream scent shots, both very strong. ????

Michele I also like the Pioneer Woman and have some of those dishes, very pretty and sturdy.

So over the last evening, morning and tonight it's been:

Southbound Super Sugar Cookie - an encore performance for the week, love this one.

BH&G Wild Berry Cheesecake - so delicious. This was a giftie - thanks sweet friend!

Ava's Watermelon Funnel Cake - gorgeous and lasted forever.

Hayden Rowe Led Zeppelin - I do enjoy cherry slushie scents but this was so violently strong that I had to pour it out. I would buy it again, beautiful scent, but you could melt that one in a football stadium...it just didn't work in a hotel room.

and tonight it's the last of a favorite:

The Bathing Garden Boo Berry Mansion - blackberry, strawberry, vanilla, iced birthday cake. Plus it had an adorable little ghostie on top. Love, love, love!

I don't think I'll get through everything I brought with me, but I'm doing okay and enjoying these very much. Good night all!!

Evening all!

Susan, anything watermelon gets my vote. Hope that was a good one.

I go home tomorrow. The week actually went pretty well.

Last night I woke up and switched scents:

Hayden Rowe Blue Sugar Vanilla Sandalwood, which I believe Susan melted the other day! - very nice. I think I have burned out a little on blue sugar so I will give it a rest for awhile.

Both earlier today and now it's:

Wax Workshoppe Blueberry Crumble and Pink Sugar - scrumptious. I do love blueberry!

Might try one more before bed.

EDITED TO ADD - yes, the pink sugar was a little too much so I switched it out to:

BH&G Cucumber Melon Sorbet, a gift from a sweet CF pal... Why am I so completely happy with cucumber? If I could melt only one thing forever, that would be it. Happiness!

Have a good night all! Friday's almost here! ????????????

Yep, Amy, usually anything cucumber smells good to me! :wub:

Gosh, I think a mousey has met his demise under the dishwasher :huh: ... it smells so bad in the kitchen. Hard to find a scent to help. The dishwasher needs to be removed this weekend to solve the problem.

Tonight is an older Nene's, Parsley Floral Water.

???????? Debra, I know that smell all too well... Living in the country, there are always mousies, especially after the harvest when they have nowhere to hide... In our case they sometimes crawl into our Jeep and I find nests in by the engine... And yes sometimes they keel over and ugh... You have my sympathy!!

And yes... Cucumber...ahhhhhh. That was a beautiful scent. When it ran out in the night, I switched it to:

VCS Jane Eyre Loves Mr. Rochester - lavender and Earl Grey Tea - wow, for me this has to be one of her best scents. Beautiful, nice and strong, long lasting.

Happy Friday all!

Hi Everybody!!

Finally at the beach house. My husband got in early this morning so we had to drive down today.

Melting SGA Mango Sorbet Birthday In 3 melters. This is a wonderful scent!!

Amy and Debra - I have never melted anything with cucumber. I will have to try that one.

Luckily I haven’t seen any mice in my house yet. I’m so scared of them!!

I’m having great luck with my VCS lately. That’s what I’m concentrating on right now at home.

Ew, Amy, a jeep would be a small space for that amount of smell... [smilie=th_sad-1]

Also, I love, love, love EGT scents - and adding to lavender?? [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Tonight it is Butterfly Lane, Lemon Marshmallow.

Hello all!

Well, yes it's early but I woke up and that was it! So happy to be home.

Debra, yes, that VCS tea and lavender was fabulous. That was from a lavender heart quartet I bought last year and I would get that again. Happily I still have about a third of the big heart.

Michele, for me too, the year-old VCS is doing great. It does need a long cure but she has some lovely scents.

In the bedroom is still going Waxmosphere American Dream (American Cream) from before I left - the warmers were off all week - and this has plenty of staying power in the 14w and 20w warmers. Honestly that scent affects me like some forbidden nectar that was smuggled from a mysterious place. Ohhhhhhhhh.

I just cleaned out the other warmers and am debating what to try next. So many choices in the melting basket... Perhaps Maggie's OPT Peace in the Grass....I love that so much and my supply is coming to an end. ????

I peeked ahead to all the fall scents in the drawers and am figuring out how to balance the spice and bakery so I don't get overloaded. I love those scents but for a limited window. There is some beautiful wax waiting... Spotted Hog! Candles by Victoria! The Bathing Garden! Golden Willow!- and I had forgotten how much there is. I will wait until September to start, though.

Well here it is Saturday and I hope to relax a bit, maybe do laundry today instead of tomorrow. I hope everybody has a fabulous day.

Afternoon ladies, debating what to melt. All my warmers in my living room need emptying, no fragrance left in any of the wax in them so I'll do that now then I'll decide what to melt. I have 6 tlight warmers, 1 glade and 1 scenterpiece.Think I'll leave them and wash the tlight ones.

How's your Saturday going?

Good Morning!

Sitting outside...it is a beautiful day. Sunny and lovely...78 and only 50% humidity. Gorgeous.

Debra...sorry about the mouse. For such small creatures..they sure can stink. I had the same problem in my gazebo. Two tiny birds died in the nest and stunk up the entire deck. Poor little things but ugh. [smilie=th_puke] BL has THE best lemon scents....although I do prefer the sweet lemon so hers is perfect for me. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Amy...glad you are home...safe and sound once again. I hope you get to relax and enjoy the weekend with your smellies. Glad you are enjoying the CYS! :sFun_bananshula:

Michele...anything Mango is delicious! Yum! You've got a lovely day at the beach...enjoy! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Sharon...not doing too much of anything today....may go buy a kitchen set for my girls apartment today. How about you?

Yesterday was a lovely gift from a talented lady...Rosemary Citrus Patchouli.... [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Thank you!

Today is Swanky Lemon Ice Box Lemon Meringue Buttery Toast & Jam...yum!

Have a good one! ;)

Hi All!

Yes Maggie it’s a gorgeous day here!!! Mango melt from yesterday was wonderful. Today it’s a very old bag from CFTKR. Paradise Island in 3 melters. I’m getting some scent. These aren’t fully melted yet so the jury is still out.

Going to see a wedding venue with my daughter and her fiancé. Hope we like it.

Enjoy all!!

Good evening! I hope you all had a good Saturday. I have been good and have stayed away from the sales and restocks!

We are getting carpets professionally cleaned on Monday - it is a lot of work getting ready! With this many cats/hairballs, it was time! [smilie=th_huganimal]

Sharon - did you end up cleaning out melters?

Goodness, Amy - you really did get up early! I bet it is early bedtime tonight. [smilie=th_offtobed]

Tonight it is Sweet Sage - Snugly Pugly, a laundry scent.

Good morning all!

I didn't wake up until 6:30 this morning, sun was up, birds hollering... Yikes. I feel like half the day is over. I missed my time to sit in the dark with my coffee and think... But sleep is also a good thing.

Maggie, did you and your girls find a kitchen set? It's so sweet of you to help them set up their apartment, and I imagine it's a comfort to know they are staying together. ????????

Debra, that sounds like a lot of work to prepare for the carpet cleaners. But as another multi-pet owner, I would also be enjoying that service! Congratulations on staying away from the restocks and sales...you inspire me to do the same. ????

Michele, so exciting to be choosing the venue for your daughter's wedding! And, what was the verdict on the older CFTKR? I would think even paraffin would lose scent after awhile... How did it perform?

Speaking of CFTKR, yesterday I pulled out one a year old and it was great:

CFTKR Blueberry White Cake - I think this is my favorite of everything I've tried from Carol. I love blueberry and this one is so juicy and delicious without being overly sweet. Beautiful. Lasted all day in the Ashland plate warmers (which, for me, seem to exhaust the softer waxes quickly... Best for paraffin, at least in my house).

I had warmers going in all the rooms yesterday... We don't have open concept so it makes this easier. It was:

TBG Summercream Pudding - I had been saving this one up - lime zest and strawberry cream pudding - lovely and it's gone until next year. ????

Southbound Pink Beachwood Vetiver - pink sugar, coconut, eucalyptus, Jasmine, carnation, Vetiver, driftwood. Beautiful scent and extremely strong after one year of curing.

Hayden Rowe Lemon Tranquility - lemon, baby powder, light florals, musk - beautiful in the bedroom.

Ava's Strawberry Patch - gorgeous. I have such good luck with Ava's in my house. Which is a good thing because I bought quite a bit earlier this year and have not melted it. Yet. ????

And this morning it's:

OPT Peace in the Grass - Maggie's beautiful blend - spiced pear, fresh cut grass, buttercream. The last of it, too. ???????? Until next year.

CFOW Carnival By The Sea - my favorite SSA blend - I remember the first time I melted this in spring of 2018, a giftie from a dear pal, and just lost my mind. I'd never smelled SSA before and it sent me into all sorts of ecstasies. Also the last piece ????... Until next year!

And finally

Zeep Gingerbread Latte - in scoop form - her scoops are SO good and also she has brilliant coffee scents. I love this and it is wafting through the entire house... With the other fresh scents it's a lovely combination.

Have a peaceful Sunday, everyone. ????

Well hello there! [smilie=The_Hi]

Sorry I have been away so long! DD#1 had a visit, contractors doing punch list items (yes, still :rolleyes: ), selling DD#2’s car to my mom (which was extremely stressful), and now DD#2 here before she heads to France. Phew!

Susan ~ Sorry for your loss. [smilie=th_empathy]

Michele ~ I guess I must be in the minority. Can’t tolerate Pioneer Woman’s voice. [smilie=th_smiley_doorpeek]

Debra ~ Ick! A stinky dead mouse. [smilie=th_gagme]

Maggie ~ I also use to love Butterfly Lane. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Amy ~ You certainly are melting like a fiend! LOL Good for you!! [smilie=th_e030]

Sharon ~ you have all of those warmers in one room? It must be a giant living room. [smilie=yes]

CFTKR Blueberry Muffins

S&S Ghost Munch Creamy Coconut Cake

Swanky Lily

Put on a pot roast in the crockpot this morning so we can just enjoy the day and relax!

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Warm but cloudy today. No a/c so that helps the scents.

I came across a 2016 box of a vendor I can no longer locate - Cera la Bella. Sparkly and strong, I am sorry I did not get more when I could! Tonight's has no scent description, but it is a masculine scent - Curved and Chiseled.

Honeybear, you are a busy gal right now! I hope you have a good time with your daughter! I see you scored some Ghost Munch! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

[smilie=th_offtobed] Good night!

Good morning all,

A fitful night. Clemmie keeps kneading my neck and this is not sleep-inducing. I have finally admitted defeat and gotten up.

Honeybear, I hope you enjoy your visit with your daughter, and how exciting for her to be headed to France! Someday those punchlist items will be done... And your pot roast sounds wonderful!

Debra, the Curved and Chiseled scent sounds interesting. And yes...I love the days with no a/c! We're not quite there... And DH is slippery with the thermostat...

Well yesterday it was:

CFOW Butterscotch Coke Float - an old favorite and so, so delicious.

Savannah Blue Grapefruit Sugar Cookies - great combination and a good thrower.

And overnight:

VRC Lord of Misruling - oh, I continue to fall in love with this scent. This VRC version is ever so slightly more peppery than the Waxmosphere interpretation. I love both, and will need to meter out my remaining two tarts very slowly.

Travel day so must choose the week's melts. *Decisions* Have a fine Monday, all!

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

My daughter booked her wedding this weekend. 11/20/20. The reception is going to be at a place on the water in New Jersey. We are very excited.

Melting VCS Nosferatu-Strawberry Pretzels Cream Cheese Frosting. This isn’t as strong as the last few I have melted.

I’m in wax heaven today. I got my L3 Bakery Sampler, my 3 Samplers from VRC ( Strawberry, Lavender and Cookie) , Wonderberry and Swanky. All are gorgeous!

That should keep me busy for a long while.

Good morning all!

Still very hot in the Eastern part of the country.

Michele, your daughter's wedding will be so beautiful on the shore! I hope you enjoy those samplers as much as I am! And yes, they should keep us occupied for quite some time!

Well I'm continuing to work through the older tarts.

Spotted Hog Funnel Cake - authentic, and I mixed it with:

Ava's Black Raspberry & Vanilla, very lovely.

Spotted Hog Anginette's Butter Cookies - smells just like a tin of butter cookies and extremely strong.

Ava's Orange Dreamsicle - love, love.

Wax Workshoppe Candy Apple Heaven - winter candy apple and salt water taffy.

The Bathing Garden Calypso - in all its driftwood loveliness. I don't think I will ever tire of this scent, and in fact a couple of weeks ago I ordered Shannon's lotion in this.

Have a good day all!

Good Morning!

Amy-It always amazes me how much you melt in one day. Glad you are enjoying your older tarts.

I’m melting VCS Jackie O’s Grin in my 3 melters on my first floor. It’s cured a year so hopefully it’s strong.

Enjoy the day!

NMhoneybear, lol, my living room isn't huge. I don't light them all at once. It's all just for convenience if I want a change in scents but there is still some fragrance left in the wax. It does get confusing though cos sometimes I can hardly remember what is in them if I light them a few days later.

Yes, I did wash them all at the weekend so they're all empty of wax now. I've been using the glade warmer for the last few days.

Good Evening All.

Sharon...that's a good idea but I have such a terrible memory...I'd definitely forget what was what! [smilie=th_scratch] I guess as long as you like the scent...it's a-ok!! ;)

Michele...congrats on finding the venue! That's a great accomplishment and makes the rest of the planning so much easier! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Amy...where are you now? Did you take everything you needed to melt with you? Yes, I found a kitchen set and the store was having a special 15% off for teachers which worked out well! It's a cute set with a grey wood...glad that's done. One more thing off the list. [smilie=th_snoopy]

Debra...how'd the carpets come out? We only had our carpets cleaned once and I think the kid didn't know what he was doing because when he left the carpets were saturated with water. Clean but soaking wet... [smilie=th_insane]

Honeybear...glad you're getting to enjoy some time with your DD before she heads to France. :) When does she head off?

This morning was SGA Cantaloupe Birthday...too old...didn't smell much of anything. :(

Yesterday was CFOW Carnival By the Sea...(great minds Amy...) always a fav.

Have a nice evening!

Good morning everyone,

A lovely storm last night and I opened the window... The best sleep aid going. I begged off the group dinner last night and was in bed early. ????????

Maggie!! Oh, great job on the kitchen set - it sounds beautiful, and a discount to boot! I know your girls appreciate your loving care in getting them set up....a bit of Mom's touch to make it feel like home. ???? Not to mention the heavy labor carrying things up all those stairs... Oh, I'm in VA/WV again and actually I didn't bring enough wax...I am running out. Will bring more next week. It makes me happy to think we were both melting Carnival By The Sea. ????

Sharon, I also love my Glade warmer... Just right for many waxes and doesn't burn through the scent as fast as the 25w. I think that even the tea light ones go more slowly than the 25w... What do you think?

Michele, how did that VCS Jackie O do? In general my year-old ones are doing fine, but every now and then there is a silent one...that's true for every vendor, so overall I'm happy with the performance and hope that one threw for you.

Well it's been:

L3 Banana- a Trig tart, meant for blending but I enjoyed this by itself - very nice, like a banana bread and not too too sweet. I love all of the banana varieties and L3 always makes me happy with her throw and scents.

SGA Jack The Clipper - Jack and I are old friends, and I have needed him with all of his SSA/shaving cream freshness to break up the stream of bakery tarts I'm trying to get through.

Spotted Hog Waffle Cone - this is going right now and I really like it. I can see this week that I like the bakery blends that are less buttery. That butter cookie one yesterday sent me running. This one is more crispy-smelling, not sure how to say that, but for me it's good.

I hope everyone enjoys their Wednesday. Halfway there! ????

Good Morning!

Amy [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] You didn't bring enough wax? How is that possible?? [smilie=th_gekkebek] Maybe you could just slow the roll for the week. It's funny...I know how you feel about the buttery bakery scents...most people LOVE them but they're not for me! That particular scent from SH was a "no go" although it has amazing reviews. To each his own, right? Glad you and Jack are back together. ;)

Pulled from the singles jar today...

Jersey Shore by Hayden Rowe

Beach Nights Funnel Cake by L3

Cotton Candy Confection by Dessa

All delicious..mmmm. Have a good one. :)