The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
debra99

A Gust of Scent

Good Morning all, well here we are in August! How did that happen?

Not sure what I'm going to melt today, just emptied my burners ready to put fresh wax in. Not sure as yet, have been burning candles recently but now fancy melting.

Hope you're all well!

Good Morning!

I can’t believe it’s August already.

I’m melting today Wonderberry Beach Crumbs. This is Toasted Marshmallow, Coconut Sugar Cookies. So good.

In the bedroom it’s a sample from VRC- Vanilla Rose Rea. Very strong on cold sniff.

Have a great day all!!

Good morning everyone!

Michele, I absolutely love your August title - so clever and it made me laugh! ????????

Sharon, yes, how can it be August already?! I don't know where this year is going.

Michele, glad you enjoyed your Wonderberry. I love this vendor, great scents and throw, an underrated vendor for sure.

Well last night it was:

ScentSationals Fire Amber...hmmm...a little too perfumey for me but I'm thinking I could blend it with some things.

SGA Jack Frost - a beautiful breakaway bar in one of my favorite scents from this vendor - spearmint, peppermint, VBN - so strong and beautiful.

Flying home today to several packages so that will be fun! Enjoy your Friday, everyone!

Friday! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

It has been a long week, I am really ready to clean out those melters and do some serious melting.

Tonight it is Starry Skies - Claire Bear - I think is Sugar Cookies and French Vanilla, but I can't find the container. [smilie=th_scratch]

Good Morning!!

Melting SGA Beachfront in 2 melters. Love! It’s Beach Nights, Waffle Cone and Cotton Candy Frosting.

The VRC Vanilla Tea Rose is still going strong after 24 hours.

I have had great luck with VRC as well as Wonderberry. My Wonderberry melts from yesterday were super strong and lasted over 12 plus hours.

We had a wonderful dinner out last night with my sister and her husband who are here with us this weekend.

I feel I get to enjoy my wax more here at the beach. I have more time to melt. DH’s vacation week ends tomorrow then he’s back to OH until Thursday.

Have a great day all!!

Good morning all!

So good to be home. Also it was 63 F here this morning, windows open, ahhhhh relief!

Debra... You threw me with Claire Bear...where have I heard that before...wracked my brain until I finally just googled it... Christopher Walken called his daughter that in Wedding Crashers. I know I shouldn't laugh so much at that movie...

Michele, totally agree, VRC and Wonderberry are both tops and throw great in my house! I'm glad you're getting a chance to relax at the beach!

Susan, OPT has so many great scents, doesn't she? Which I need to melt...

Happy to say I got through all the wax I took along last week. After all the banana talk of a few days ago, that's all I could think about when I got home, so last night it was:

TSGS Monkey Farts - so fabulous, I should have bought multiple bags of this.

L3 Banana Trig Tart - a blending stick - less sweet than the TSGS and just as delicious. More like a banana bread.

And from a new-to-me-vendor:

Waxmosphere Twelfth Night - Lord of Misrule type - I love this scent so much, and her version is amazing. This was poured less than a week ago and is throwing like mad. Has been going strong for more than 12 hours now. Beautiful tie-dyed scalloped tarts, and I had no idea of that, so it was quite a beautiful surprise when I opened the box. Patchouli, sandalwood, citrus, vetiver. Other versions say patchouli, vanilla, black pepper but they are quite similar. So calming. I have to be very careful not to burn out on this scent...this is a watchout when I fall in love with a new fragrance.

Today is going to feature some cleaning and melting. Have a great Saturday everyone!

That is a fun fact to know, Amy! I should have looked into the name myself!

You have a real difference in scents there - banana vs patchouli! ^_^

Michele, good that you are getting some quality melting! :)

Tonight - Cheryl's Berry Bundt Cake.

Hi!

I actually thought I had posted before. Oh well.

Overnight and still going is SGA Pink Chiffon Lavender Birthday Cake and in the main area it’s SSA Sandalwood Blue Sugar. Both are winners!!

Debra-I really was able to melt so much more being here. Home my bedroom is upstairs so I only melt there at night. Here we have reverse living and the master bedroom is on the second floor with the main living area. I ordered from Cheryl’s once many years ago.

It was such a wonderful week but heading back to SI tonight. Ugh!!

I am sorry you have to head home, Michele! That transition can be tough! ;)

It has been really hot again, air currents getting all fouled up and sending scents the wrong way. :(

I have been working on melting my older tarts, and it is complicated - can't smell because they are too old or due to the A/C? :wacko:

Tonight - Sweet Sage - Ozark Muscadine Wine.

Happy travels again, Amy!

Good morning all,

It's been cooler at night and I'm trying to wean DH off the a/c. Honestly this man could live in an igloo.

Michele, I'm sorry you have to leave the beach house. It sounds so relaxing. I love sandalwood and blue sugar together, that sounds like a good one.

Debra, I hope some of those older tarts will smell good for you. Which vendor do you think lasts the longest? Those air currents... So annoying...I find pockets of scent huddled in corners.

Susan, I pulled out some OPT on your reminder. Are yours lasting well? Normally I get a good throw from that vendor but it seems a little hit or miss.

Well this weekend I created a melting basket of older tarts:

L3 Demogorgon - a clamshell - cedar, amber, fig, olive, wood smoke. Beautiful and strong.

OPT Loopy Cinnamon Noel - I had this in every melter but couldn't smell much, unusual for this vendor.

Southbound Unicorn Berries - blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, cotton candy, marshmallow. Lovely and fruity.

Southbound Winter Wonderland - not sure why this is dubbed a wintry scent - black currant, raspberry, apple, vanilla musk. Lovely and I'm sorry this is gone.

OPT Domestic Goddess - blueberry, lemon, cotton - wonderful, strong, fresh and clean.

And as a treat, a new arrival -

Waxmosphere American Cream - I'm loving these Lush scents from this vendor- vanilla, honey, orange, strawberry, Clary sage, lavender, benzoin. Southbound uses this in Americana Smoothie, which has long been a favorite, and I always wondered what that special undertone was. Now I know. Glorious. I can't say any of the notes is dominant...a perfect blend and i wouldn't even say it is fruity. So unusual and wonderful.

I hope everyone has a good start to the week!

Good morn everyone. Melting: Cucumber Melon by Up North Creations

Satsuma Shorts & Sweater: Warm Laundry Satsuma and orange. I get the orange only by Hayden Rowe

Amyjo, so far I haven't had any problems with by OPT, it is a year old at least.

Susan I'm so sorry. Sending you, your brother, and most sadly your brother's girlfriend big hugs and prayers. That's tough at any time but even worse when it's unexpected like that. Again I'm so sorry.

Susan- So sorry for your loss.

Just changed out the melter to VCS-Lazy Summer Days. This is Honeydew Cotton Candy Lime.

I worked on labeling my VCS with scent descriptions. I separated some scents to try to melt through. I have so much especially Fall scents from this vendor. Maybe I can make a dent. My project will continue this week.

Amy, I have found my tarts that are paraffin hold the best over time. They are so hard, no oil is going to sneak out, apparently! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Michele, aren't you glad that most tarts come with the scent descriptions now? I have some old ones that need scents labeled.

Tonight it is HHS - Cherry Limeade.

Good morning all!

Michele, those scent notes help so much...I wish I could pick out all the notes with just my nose, but I'm often way off. VCS has all those creative names that give no hint... Well done - that's a lot of hunting!

Debra, thanks, that makes sense about the paraffin. No wonder Carol's melts last so long!

Continuing to work through older melts and I'm stunned at how at even one to two years, some of them are discolored or losing scent. I do have some from 2017 that came in mystery boxes...

So yesterday and today it's been:

VCS Wuthering Heights - site says "a masculine, outdoorsy scent" - what I can smell is pleasant, but very very light. This one from the end of 2017.

Southbound Super Sugar Cookie - Nov 2018 - very very strong and sweet.

Rocket's Cucumber Melon - very strong and authentic.

Hayden Rowe Palo Santo - Smoky and woodsy and all sorts of gorgeous.

The star of the show, though, has been:

CFTKR Blackberry Currant - a gift from a sweet CF pal - I think I am in love with currants. So strong and wonderful and a little bit tart, just what I like. Thank you friend!

Hot here out east. Stay cool everybody!

Good Morning!

Carol’s melts do last forever. Her wax is very hard paraffin. It’s great!

Lots of melting there Amy!!

Debra-It’s wonderful that most wax comes with scent descriptions now. I hate melting when I have no idea what the scent is.

Never turned my melter on yesterday. No wonder I couldn’t smell the melt. So it’s VCS Lazy Summer Days.

Have a good one!

Good Evening All. Finally getting on and reading old posts.

Susan....I'm sorry to hear about your brothers girlfriends father. Always a shock when it's unexpected. My condolences.

Michele...congratulations on your daughters engagement. [smilie=th_congratulations] That's beautiful news! And the thread title is so smart and I love it!! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Amy...glad you're enjoying your Lush scents. They have a lot of great ones!

Debra...I have the same problem...is it too old or it is my house?? [smilie=th_idontknow]

I put on an oldie but goodie this morning...

Scentsationals Orange Blossom and Meadow....can't remember the actual name.

Have a nice night.

Maggie, I love Orange Blossom! I hope that it is as good as it sounds! :wub:

Cookie, it is a CYS night here, too - Mango Spearmint

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Melting VCS Kevin this morning. This is a blend of Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee. It’s very strong. This vendor seems to do well with a good cure. I finished labeling everything. What an eye opener though!! I found 3 untouched Samplers and one I had melted a few from. I found these Samplers - Royal Wedding, The Great Pumpkin, Home Alone and I’m an 80’s and 90’s Girl. With so much wax to choose from I lost sight of some really good scents!,

Im going to a summer luncheon with my bowling league today. It should be fun.

My older daughter is out in Oklahoma. She’s going to be filming out on The Pioneer Woman’s Ranch. I need to watch that show because I hear her spoken about often.

Enjoy the rest of the day all!!