The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
debra99

July's Melts are on Fire!

[smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

I always thought this was only dogs, so was reluctant to us it. LOL

Debra ~ That is funny about your kitties vying for tree time. We have a couple of those trees and the girls each take their turns. But last week, Lila was sleeping in the kitchen sink, and Heidi decided she wanted to be there, too, and got on top of her. [smilie=th_giggle] It didn’t last long. Lila is about half her size! Last month Heidi was already at 14 pounds, and she is technically still a kitten until her birthday next week.

Susan ~ The shapes get me every time, but I am trying hard not to look at a new vendor.

Sharon ~ Your CFTRK tart sounds perfect for a hot day!

Amy ~ Pink Clouds sounds beautiful! [smilie=cloud_9]

I’m close to ordering the SMT Laundry sampler, and reading your post isn’t helping the cause. :crysmiley1:

ST Strawberry Lilac Candy

S&S Chocolate Chip Cookies & Milk

Swanky Pink Pistachio Marshmallow Birthday Cake ~ Day 2

Have a good day! :skywriter:

Afternoon all. Having a relaxing afternoon watching Wimbledon and continuing to melt Cucumber Spritzer again today. There's a lot of life still in it too.

Also just put Lady Katerina by CFTKR on. No idea what I'm smelling in it but it's lovely.

Good Morning!

Sharon- Glad you are getting to relax today.

Valerie- I ordered the SMT Laundry Sampler. I am curious to try something new after hearing how Amy is enjoying her laundry scents.

Melting this morning VRC Blueberry Buttercream Baguettes & Cookies. This is a gift from a sweet CF friend.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a great day!!

Good morning all!

Honeybear and Michele, that SMT Laundry Sampler sounds so wonderful. So far I have resisted... But the day is young.

Sharon, you have me wanting some Cucumber Spritzer, will have to dig.

Back on the road, flight was delayed due to heavy storms last night, woke up in hotel to flooded lobby this morning. But my scent cheered me up:

TBG Lemon Cream Puffs- so delicious, a creamy lemon.

Happy Monday all!

Good evening and a quick and startled update. Tonight I decided to try the cotton ball method of removing hot wax from a warmer, and I'm stunned. I kept reading that people did this, but had no clue how to go about it - so I just popped three cotton balls into a warmer which held one cube of melted wax - and wow, it just sucked it up like a sponge. I wiped it clean with another cotton ball dipped in a tiny bit of water - and done. No oven mitt, no pouring, no splashes.

Maybe you all knew this already, but this was my Great Discovery For The Day and now I can rest happy. Sleep tight, all! ????

Isn't that cotton ball method slick, Amy? I do that or ice cubes...buying the cotton balls at a dollar-type store cuz I use quite a few! :ssshopping:

That was quite a storm to wake up to!

Sharon, in case you haven't seen it yet, the notes in Lady Katrina appear to be a fizzy grape, fruity candy and lime! :confettistars:

We are heading back into PNW rain tomorrow. But - our summer usually doesn't start til sometime in July so I should be used to it!

Tonight - Ava's - Pink Bread.

Debra ~ thank you, yes, it did smell fruity but I couldn't pinpoint it down to anything in particular.

Amy - I've not tried the cotton ball method, maybe I'll try that. I use paper towels, using basically the same method. Cheap paper towels from the pound shop so it doesn't seem as wasteful.

Hi Everyone!

It’s a hot one here today.

Melting VCS I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus-Warm Cookie Bars, Cherry Chips and Cranberries Marshmallow.

It is very humid here, unusual and not my favorite weather. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Susan, Four Cruel Summers? I can't begin to figure out the scent notes in that one! [smilie=th_pardon]

Tonight - Cheryl's = Apple Caramel.

Hello all!

Susan...Four Cruel Summers...I hope that was a good one... Time for that person's luck to turn!

Debra, I continue to be amazed by this cotton ball approach. Very neat and tidy! Curious to see if it will work equally well for all the different wax types. Sharon, like you, I've been using paper towels after dumping, which was a bit of an exercise.

Michele, I remember that VCS blend from the holidays, a good one.

Well work is interfering with my melting but last night it was:

L3 Double Bubble Burple Cola - a sample and I loved it!

And this morning it's an old favorite:

TBG Message in a Bottle - Mandarin orange, mango, tonka bean, vanilla ice cream, and coconut. Sooooo strong and delicious. Can't I go to the beach instead of work??

Enjoy your day everyone!

Edited to add - oh, talk about a cruel summer...my Hayden Rowe Mystery Box is being delivered today and I won't be home to see it until Friday! The suspense!! The drama!! ????

Hi everyone. Melting today: Mango Sorbet by Satin Suzie

Fresh Picked Raspberries by Satin Suzie.

Amyjo & Debra, I couldn't find a scent notes for four cruel summers, but it smells bakery with vanilla to my nose.

[smilie=th_autumboy]

Amy ~ Hope the week flies by so you can get home to that sampler! [smilie=th_200912104451]

ST Mystique ~ Pink Sugar and Shaving Cream

ST Wasp ~ Pink Sugar and Golden Sands Yankee Type

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Thanks, Susan!

I hope the week goes fast, Amy! And your wax is waiting someplace cool! [smilie=th_snoopy]

I have been diligently melting my way through my oldies, I almost have an empty drawer! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

My oldie tonight - Full Moon Candle Company - Tide Pool.

Good morning ladies!

A good night's sleep. Yesterday was a stressful work day and so I bailed on the work team and came back for an evening of melting, reading and staring at my mountain. It was therapeutic.

Susan, bakery with vanilla always sounds comforting. Your fruity scents also sound tasty - I love Mango sorbet.

Honeybear, thank you, I am itching to get home to that sampler. I see that you had a pink sugar day, lovely!

Debra, well done on the nearly empty drawer! Now you can make more orders!! ????. Yes, DH is in charge of the incoming wax. He is not allowed to open anything, though. ????

Well there have been a few melts. I have been in a fruity mood, plus I left my laundry scents at home by mistake. ????

Wonderberry Strawberry Frosted Cookies - an encore performance from a sample which I cut in half. Notably stronger than two weeks ago, and I was happy with it then. Beautiful scent.

Vintage Road Strawberry Banana Sundae - oh this, this! Gorgeous!

Hayden Rowe Pink Flamingo - I bought it solely on the basis on the name and glad I did, with all its fruity wonderfulness.

And the star of the show:

Vintage Chic Harry Houdini - a gift from a dear CF friend - blueberry mojito - threw me out of the hotel, so strong. This was poured last November and it's just fabulous. Lovely fresh blueberry. VCS just needs a good cure and wow. I love her background scent... Clean and fresh.

The week is moving along. My eyes are feeling better which is a good thing. Enjoy your Thursday!!

Happy Friday!

I hope everyone is well. It’s been very quiet here.

Melting VRC Chai Tea Latte. This is from the coffee sampler. So strong and so good!!

Good evening!

I think I missed out when I did not get the coffee sampler! :(

It is nice to have a quiet weekend ahead. I need to cut back the wild blackberries, but that is all that is pressing.

Tonight it is FP - Lavender Mint.

Good morning all!

Home, home, home and a lovely sleep.

Michele, it has indeed been quiet around here! We must all be busy. I haven't melted the Chai Tea from the VRC sampler yet, and I love chai, so perhaps that one will be next!

Miss Maggie, thinking about you and sending you hugs. Not the same around here without you. "Just us and the crickets..." ????

Debra, yes, at least for me that coffee sampler was a high point of the wax year. I'm hoping she will still have a few when she reopens in August, because she still had some when she closed.

Susan, ooh, key lime pie... You remind me that I have neglected my Spotted Hog.

Well I did a little rearranging of the wax, again, to put all of the 2018 wax together so that I focus on that first, while still dabbling in the new arrivals. I should be able to enjoy all of the 2018 wax by the end of the year. As for the 2019 collection... If I don't order at all in 2020, perhaps I can get through it. What do we think the odds of that are?? ????????????

Some lovely melts yesterday and this morning:

TBG Coffee Sprinkles - espresso, cinnamon rolls, caramel butterscotch chips. Beautiful.

TBG Salty Siren - salty lime margarita - a big favorite. Tangy and strong.

L3 Chore List - flannel sheets, green tea, and Willow - from the laundry sampler, excellent throw and a beautiful scent. Also a lovely sampler!

Hayden Rowe Christmas Sweater - a scoop from the fabulous Mystery Box - not at all what I was expecting and I LOVE this - citrus, winter apple, VBN, Violet, warm cotton - none of the notes is alpha, gorgeous! and I'm so happy to have a whole scoop container of this. ????

Hayden Rowe Barbers Hot Towel - gentle barbershop scent - a sample, and I wish this had been stronger because it smells lovely.

Rosegirls Strawberry Nilla Noel - from the Hits of 2018 Sampler - beautiful bakery scent and a nice creamy strawberry.

And this morning it's:

CFTKR Watermelon Strawberry Birthday Cake - the last two pieces - ???? - how does Carol do it? Her scents fill the house so beautifully without overpowering - so fresh and juicy - just enough cake to make my mouth water but not overly sweet for my taste - perfection.

I hope you will all have a restful Saturday. ????

Good morn ladies. Melting today: Rose Jam by Hayden Rowe, one of my favorites.

Speaking of rearranging wax, I have wax in many different places, went thru some last night, I have way more wax then I thought. Making a list for each box that way I know what I have. I had placed on ordering but not going to.

I have the weekend off, unless someone calls out. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Susan - it's always a jolt, isn't it, to see exactly how much wax there really is - I admire your self-discipline! Please send some of that restraint this way! Very happy that you have the weekend off and hope you enjoy yourself. ????

Hi All!

I couldn’t get in here this morning but now all is well.

Amy-You are in a melting frenzy!

Glad you are home and slept well.

I have another wedding today.

Melting CFOW Carnival by the Sea. Always a favorite!

Susan, I hope you ended up with a relaxing day! Funny how that wax multiplies when you aren't looking, huh? [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

I bought a couple more trays this morning to corral some of my smaller orders. I keep things by vendor and the "try me" size orders just get lost.

Amy, I will be watching for that sampler, remind me about the opening, pretty please! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

I see that CFTKR is sharing a few of her scents with another vendor for bath and body products. That is going to make people happy! You can smell like her Fresh Picked Strawberry soon! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Today is Tink! by Diamond State Soaps. (Pink Sugar, Watermelon and Juicy Couture type)

Good morning dear all of you,

Well, it was a spotty night...I guess the local township had some fireworks left over from last week, or maybe they were rained out on the 4th, because there was a full-on huge display last night, with all of the accompanying cannon noises. Which meant Eli the big white dog was all upset again, which meant I slept with him again. Hopefully they are done now...

Debra, I hope the cutting back of the blackberry bushes was not too difficult. Do you make blackberry jam? Yum!! I will definitely keep an eye on VRC for that sampler for you. And I would love to smell like CFTKR's Fresh Picked Strawberry. ????????????

Michele, I hope you enjoyed the wedding! And yes, the melting frenzy continues around here. ????

Well yesterday it was:

Hayden Rowe Black Velvet - lemon, bergamot, French lavender, tonka bean, Amber noir, sandalwood, and musk - GORGEOUS and I wish I had ordered more of this.

L3 Delicate Wash- Lace and Satin Sheets type -from the Laundry sampler and again a beautiful melt, very very strong. I can't find the scent notes on the website or on the FO sites... Does anybody know what this is?

Southbound Super Sugar Cookie - the end of the bag ???????? - her strawberry is so beautiful and I will buy this again next year. ????

And this morning...a drum roll please...

Wonderberry London Calling - oh, come to mama - Earl Grey Tea Latte and lemon poppyseed muffins - this is sooooo wonderful... Our dear Maggie sent me some of this when I first joined this board and I lost my mind over it - ???????? - and now Courtney is offering custom bakery bags whenever you like -so I'm in wax heaven. Cured just less than one month, beautiful throw.

Enjoy your Sunday all!