The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

June's Jumping With Scent

Honeybear, I hope all the kitties' problems are solved! I have a really long haired one, she gets "things" stuck, too! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Quick thinking, Michele - good title!

Amy - what a fright! And good processing for waking up in the middle of the night! I bet the adrenaline was flowing - how long did it take to go back to sleep? [smilie=th_insane]

Maggie, I hope you are able to get some beach time! You have earned it! [smilie=th_snoopy]

Tonight it is CFTKR - Secret Potion.

Good morning all,

Michele, I love this month's title!

Honeybear, I hope Lila is feeling better. And poor Heidi... That beautiful long hair has its challenges. I used to struggle with the Pyrenees' little "ornaments."

Maggie, I hope the eye doctor went smoothly. That's one doctor I actually kind of enjoy.

All, thank you for the comforting words about my nighttime excitement. Debra, you are right - my heart was pounding. DH had flushed the toilet and I lay there thinking, this must be a cruel intruder, to be that bold, to intentionally frighten me with the sound. I guess it took a good 30-45 seconds for me to sort it out, and another five minutes or so to calm down. It seems funny now! Not so funny if I'd carried through with the melter, though...

It has been a melt-a-thon around here. So much beautiful wax, so little time!

Southbound Caramel Cookie Latte

Savannah Blue Cleopatra - SSA, grapefruit, cotton candy

Savannah Blue Fairy's Path - satsuma, cucumber, fresh cut grass

Wax Workshoppe SSA & Yuzu (strong!)

....all lovely, very happy with every one.

And this morning it's a big favorite:

Wonderberry London Calling - Earl Grey Tea, vanilla bean, whipped cream, lemon poppyseed muffins - gorgeous. I love this scent - a sweet friend sent me a sample last year when I hadn't been melting very long - thank you! - and I fell in love with it.

And Honeybear... Like you said...I liked it so much this morning that I had to have more...????

I am in trouble. You know that I did not sign up again for the PO Box for the hot months. Too enabling. So yesterday DH said, "Why don't you just have wax mailed to my shop during the summer?" So much trouble.

Stay well and get some rest, everybody. ????

Hello!!

Thanks about the title!!

Amy-I forgot to say that must have been so scary. You are away so often you forget where you are.

Melting Zeep The Dutchess. This is from the cupcake sampler. This is lemon cake, strawberry buttercream and butter cookies.

[smilie=th_hello]

Michele ~ Love your title! DH and I were trying to think of something, but came up empty. [smilie=th_e030]

I’m also melting Zeep and it’s hit or miss. Clearly she must be more famous for her bath and body. I do love her sugar whip scrub. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Amy ~ I laughed out loud at your comment about the ornaments. [smilie=th_laughing] I ordered a trimmer from Amazon a little while ago and it’s showing to be here by 9 PM tonight. ( I think there’s a warehouse in Phoenix.) Heidi is still a kitten and Maine Coon’s are not considered full-grown until they are two! [smilie=th_sSig_what]

Debra ~ Do you have to trim a poop path for your long-haired baby, too? I’m nervous to do it. I guess I’ll go to YouTube and see if I can find a video. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Maggie ~ I hope you get to do all your little heart desires on your summer break. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Susan ~ I loved Scentsy’s Apple & S’mores.

Zeep Strawberry Wafers ~ Nothing. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Zeep Not Your Mama’s Waffles ~ Vanilla Marshmallow, Waffle Cone, and Pumpkin ~ Nice, but light, after using a whole waffle and sitting right next to it.

Homemade Lavender Coconut Cookies

Tonight is game two of the NBA finals and we’re rooting for Toronto. DD#1 and her boyfriend got us into it this year. I think I’ll make a queso and maybe we will have some tamales and beans to go along with it. Hope everyone has a great day!

Oh my gosh you are are cracking me up....ornaments?? [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Good Evening All. Got a good amount of work done around here although not everything I had hoped...but tomorrow's another day.

Thanks Debra and Honeybear...we shall see how this summer pans out.

Amy...went in for a checkup but it turns out I have inflamed corneas. Ugh. Using eye meds and need to go back in 10 days...AND I have to wear glasses till then. Yuck. ????

Haven't changed the melters today...still enjoying what's left of the Country Chick.

Goodnight.

Honeybear, I try to trim my furball, she is one of the most timid and seems to be clairvoyant - she knows when I am coming for her for any type of maintenance. Poof! She is gone!

Amy, I am glad you have summer coverage - it is too long to go without new wax!

Today it is SGA Pina Colada Smoothie Sweet Raspberry Cotton Candy. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Morn ladies. Melting today: Clue by CFOW: Jasmine, vanilla bean noel, and tangerine dreams.

Honey soaked apples by Swan Creek.

Have a great day.

Hi All!

Susan -Your scents sound wonderful!!

I’m melting VRC That Thing You Do. This is Strawberry Cupcakes, Lemon Sugar, Blueberry Cheesecake and Cotton Candy Frosting. Thanks friend!!

Good evening all,

Maggie, I'm so sorry about your inflamed corneas. That sounds miserable and I hope you feel better soon! Is it from allergies or something else?

Michele, I did enjoy that Zeep cupcake sampler, although some were surely stronger than others. Are you finding that too? And as for that VRC That Thing You Do... ohhhhh, love!

Deb - Clem is the same as your kitty regarding maintenance. She has a sixth sense. If I want to treat her for fleas, she is nowhere to be found. Your Pina Colada Smoothie sounds so good....hmmmm...

Honeybear, I agree with you...I love Not Your Mama's Waffles, so much, but I wish it were stronger! Good luck with the ornament trimmer!!

Susan - the CFOW Jasmine, VBN and tangerine sounds heavenly.

Mpfand!! *Yoooohoooooo, waving madly*. How are you, tell us the latest!

Well I am once again in the hotel, but the mountains are sustaining. I have two lovely melts going:

Ava's Country Cupboard - Bunny Hop - raspberry, peach, orange, sugared limes, and vanilla - throwing like a champ the minute it hit the melter. Maggie and Deb, thank you for introducing me to this vendor. Beautiful!

VRC Pink Sugar Marshmallow - I've been on a bit of a VRC binge - this is a repeat purchase and so comforting. Love her wax so much.

Goodnight all! *zzzzzzzzz*

Maggie, we posted at the same time yesterday so I didn't see about your eyes. I hope it is not painful. And I had to quit wearing my contacts and move into glasses - it took a bit to feel good about the change! ^_^

Susan, the CFOW scent sounds really good! :wub:

Amy - do you try to stay in the same place?

Tonight it is SGA - Orange Whip Satsuma Blueberry Lemon Lime Fizzy Pop,

Good evening all!

I hope everyone is well, pretty quiet around here!

Debra, I always stay in the same hotel in this location, now that I've found a beauty by the mountains. ????

Tonight it's:

Starry Skies Wax Melts By The Sea - just beautiful, a fruity seaside blend - thanks dear friend!

And

L3 Lavender Buttermint VBN - I brought along a small cup of this scoop, a favorite nighttime blend.

Sleep tight all!

Amy - that is a wonderful L3 scent - do you let it melt all night?

I am still melting the SGA from yesterday - trying to eek out the very last bit of scent! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Hey everyone, not been here for a while, how are you all?

Maggie ~ I hope your eye is better.

Amy ~ that Pink Sugar Marshmallow sounds delightful, another one to possibly put on my list.

Today I'm melting

Kitchen ~ Sugarplum Fairy

Living Room ~ Coconut Milk and Lavender

Both by Darley Lama.

Good evening everybody,

A stressful week at work, and there may have been a few wax orders placed to compensate. ????

Debra, in the evenings, I usually start a melt in both the hotel bedroom and in the bathroom. When I go to bed, I turn off the one in the bathroom and let the other one continue. Sometimes I wake up in the night and it is too strong, so I turn it off then. I will usually melt one in the morning, either continuing a good one from the night before or starting something new. I love that your SGA is lasting so long.

Sharon, I love coconut milk and Lavender, so comforting.

Susan - is Bubbling Volcano the Yuzu scent, or something different?

So tonight it's:

Ava's Country Cupboard Cucumber and Aloe - so refreshing. I love this vendor.

Sleep well, all! ????????

Amy - hope your Thursday is less stressful. Yes, wax purchases always compensate.

I'm awaiting a delivery from Daisy Chains Wax, I had a dispatch notice yesterday so hopefully it'll arrive today. I bought that mystery box from them a few weeks ago which I was impressed with.

Today I'm melting

CFTKR YC dupe of Wild Sea Grass in the kitchen

Daisy Chains Wax Winter Fairy.

Hi Everyone!

Maggie-Hope your eyes are doing better.

Amy-Wax purchases always brighten up a day.

Sharon and Susan-Your scents sound nice.

Melting SGA Woodstock Boogie. I really like it!!!

Enjoy the day all!!

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Michele ~ Now I’m excited to try my Woodstock Boogie!

Amy ~ Sorry to hear you’re having a tough week. It’s important to know how to soothe ourselves, isn’t it? [smilie=th_aa17]

Sharon ~ I think I have that Wild Sea Grass floating around here someplace, gifted from a friend. Thank you! [smilie=The_Hi] How was it?

Susan ~ I’m curious about the volcano scent, too. Is it the popular Volcano with fizzy pop?

Maggie ~ Hope your eyes are feeling better. [smilie=th_empathy]

Debra ~ You’re like me in needing to squeeze every last bit of scent from wax. [smilie=th_200912104451]

CFTKR Strawberry Cheesecake ~ This is probably at least 6-7 years old and still smells great!

SGA Beach Bum Bakery

Enjoying a last minute visit with DD#2. She had a three-day break in her schedule and flew in early this morning. :wub:

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

What a nice visit, honeybear!!

OK- tell me about this Woodstock Boogie. Somehow I have missed this one! :huh:

Tonight it is Cheryl's Bonsai.

Woodstock Boogie-Earthy hint of patchouli and the sweet smell of nag champa blended with fresh baked sugar cookies.

Debra-I’m mainly a bakery person not the earthy blends. This one together is wonderful!! I think you would really like it. I tried it because everyone was raving about it.

It lasted all day too!

Hello everyone,

Glad to be coming home and I got some tough news this morning. My SIL passed away suddenly last night in an accident. Her husband has dementia so there will be much to resolve. At least she did not suffer because it was quick.

Honeybear, I'm so glad you get to see DD#2, especially since it sounds like it was a surprise.

Take care all and be careful out there.