The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Scented Jewels for April Fools

Honeybear, donating and deducting has worked well for us for years, until the tax laws changed this year. We do still donate, though. In fact, that's what I've been doing this afternoon; making piles of books, movies and music go to the library, old linens to the animal shelter and everything else to Airmans Attic on base. In preparation for our upcoming move, a yard sale was a great way to get rid of the larger, bulkier items that are difficult to donate.

Aria, enjoy DS's game! Sounds like a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. ????

Couldn't smell my earlier scent so changed to Welcome Home from Scentsy.

Hey there Michelle! You sound so organized! I also donate a lot of our old towels to the animal shelter!

Hockey game was great...they won 6-1!

Now melting from my dwindling VCS collection...Princess of Monaco/Tara will Never go Hungry Again....as usual light throw.

Hi All!

Aria-I have loads of VCS and find I have to melt more to get a decent throw.

Overnight melt is from a talented CF friend-Lavender.Blue Cake Bake. This one is super strong. Love it!

Good Night All!

Aria, good news on the hockey game! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Maggie, we had a woodpecker that came back every year and made a hole in the wooden covering to our chimney. DH would fix it, and then it would come back the next year. [smilie=th_gif]

Back home and to the real world... <_>

Tonight Haute Candles - Musk Flower.

Good morning all,

I should not be giggling at the Woodpecker stories, Maggie and Debra, really I shouldn't, but I too am amazed at the power, and sound, generated by one little bird. I'm sorry they were working away on your homes and disturbing the peace.

Maggie, back to work today, yes? I bet your little ones will be so glad to see you again!!

Honeybear, to spend time with an old friend is a gift! I'm glad you and your buddy from fourth grade had such a great day together. ????

Michele, how did your DD like Avengers? I'm with you...I melt big pieces of VCS at a time... But beautiful scents, lovely shapes.

Michelle, you are so right! - letting someone else haul away big pieces of furniture or other large items is always a great idea! Hmmmm... All that stuff in the garage....????

Aria, congrats to your son on the hockey game!

Well this morning it's:

Savannah Blue Blackberry Mojito and Spearmint - 1 oz mini bar, 3 months curing, excellent throw and beautiful scent!

Have a great start to the week!

Good morning

Melting some freshie scents this morning...

KAE Scented Melts - White Clouds...a clean laundry type

Empire Alchemy - Bo Peep...lavender, chamomile blend

Zeep - Clean Sheets...smells like sheets on a clothesline

Michele, I hear ya on the VCS! Melting through the rest of mine when I want a lighter scent like in the evenings. I have a few that I get a moderate amount of scent, but most are super light throwers. I don't plan on ordering any more from VCS as I have found some newer vendors like Hayden Rowe that work better in my home.

Time to walk Ozzy before it starts raining.

Have a great day all.

Hi Amy and thanks! DS was quite happy with the game outcome lol. I just love watching hockey. I am amazed at the speed and agility of those guys. Now that DS is playing at a higher level on a travel team (16-18 year old hs) it's gotten even more exciting and intense.

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Morn everyone. Melting today: Roman Numeral V lemon biscoutti and brown sugar by Satin Suzie

Key Lime Pie by Hayden Rowe

Grape Gingerale by Hayden Rowe

Maggie, I have most Mondays off, but work the rest of the week. Work 12 hour sift yesterday. Of course if someone is out sick with the client I have they usually call me to do it. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day.

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

Susan ~ Grape Gingerale sounds nice.

Aria ~ Congrats to your DS on the win! And I’d also love to go to Poland someday.

Amy ~ Where are you off to this week? [smilie=superman]

Debra ~ Sorry your weekend was too short! [smilie=th_empathy]

Michelle ~ The tax laws changed to where you can’t deduct more than $10K on property and income taxes, so we missed a good chunk there, but charitable contributions still apply. :)

SGA Sisters in Pink

SGA Strawberry White Cake

Enjoy your days!

Happy Monday morning everyone! th_76d65c2f.gifIt's nice and a high of 78 here in Nashville! I plan to bring my littlest son out for a walk soon around a nearby lake. th_smiley_emoticons_hurra_fruehling3.gif

I'm seeing a lot of people melting Hayden Rowe. What's the scoop on this company? Also, Amy I saw you mentioned a company called Savannah Blue. How do you like their melts?

Today I'm melting Barbershop 1920s Snow Fairy and Pink Sugar/Pink Berry Tonka Bean from CFOW and Candy Corn/Caramel Green Apple/Sugar Cookies from SGA. All are yum! th_dancing_smile.gif

Hi All!

Biolaeagles - Good fo see you back. Hope all is well with you.

I’m melting VCS Headless Cookie Monster. I put it in 3 melters.

Yes I have been hearing about Hayden Rowe a lot. I’ve never tried them.

Enjoy all!!

It is so nice to have it light after I get home from work! [smilie=th_c61] I don't like it when I drive to work in the dark and come home in the dark.

Tonight it is Wilma's = Golden Opium.

Hey everyone. How are you all?

Debra ~ I'm with you on the driving to and from work in the dark, I hated it.

Amy ~ where are you now? I can't keep up.

Melting today 1000 Wishes by Darley Lama. I believe that it's a dupe of a B&BW fragrance. I follow a few American vloggers on You Tube so I know about this place, lol.

Happy Tuesday

Hi Everybody!!

I am with you Debra and Sharon! I love that it’s staying lighter longer.

Melting VCS Pure Imagination this afternoon. I hope I like it.

Just reporting that I have an entire flower in the melter and can hardly smell anything. So disappointed. I think others are having this problem lately too.

I’m going to take a ride to my dad’s in a little while.

Enjoy the rest of the day!!

Good evening all,

I hope everyone is well. Today was a beautiful day at work where we got a lot done.

I'm with all of you, the longer days are a gift. I don't even mind driving if it's in the daylight.

Susan, I like the sound of that geranium and pink currant melt. ????

Biolaeagles, the vendor Savannah Blue was one which Maggie found and I really like. It needs a good cure, like 2-3 months, but the scents are gorgeous.

Michele, I love the name of that VCS Headless Cookie Monster so much.

Honeybear, you mentioned going in your pool they other day - so it's warm enough to swim now? *So jealous*

Well last night it was:

Savannah Blue Strawberry something - I'm so sorry, I threw the wrapper away - but it was very strong and good.

I am surveying the possible melts for tonight...a lavender from SEMO... Several lovely Dessa's...CFTKR sample, Buttered Rum Lifesaver, yuck! Maybe not that one.

Have a good night all!!