The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Scented Jewels for April Fools

Greetings everyone,

Well, this board was certainly lively yesterday! It's good to "see" so many of us and hear the latest news.

Maggie, I'm so sorry about the forest fires. How frightening, and treacherous for the firefighters. I hate to think of the poor trees and wildlife. Was it due to humans, or a natural cause? On a happier note, I love the description of Winkelmann's, looking like a German clock tower! There is a fair amount of German architecture around here and that would fit right in - it sounds beautiful!

Michele, I love that your husband helps you organize your wax, even while he teases you about it. I am also stuffed to the gills. I think we need a new word, though - "ban" sounds so negative, for a hobby that we love. I am going to say I'm on a "celebration" - celebrating the wax we already have. I feel better already! Let's celebrate!

Debra, the octopus and its larger buddy are truly celebrities around here! - and they are actually from your neck of the woods! They are the Giant Pacific Octopus and the larger one is quite big indeed. I remember Jacques Cousteau talking about how intelligent they are. I hope you enjoyed the vineyard...there is one near us, also, and I always enjoy visiting.

Honeybear, I love hearing that your dad played the accordion and you all danced the polka. Those are beautiful memories. I had "Pennsylvania Polka" in my head for most of yesterday. [smilie=th_th1ptgno] The musician at the restaurant was very enjoyable. Congratulations to your husband on his great achievement - you have a trip involved for the ceremony, don't you? So exciting!

Sharon, I remember hearing Mary Berry say "scrummy" on The British Baking Show. If Mary says it, it must be a wonderful word. As for how many melters...well, I have about 10 throughout the house...many more in the closet...it's another "issue"....but I change them up depending upon the hardness of the wax, and usually use only three at a time. I have three hot plate melters and the rest are bulb and tealight melters of various styles.

Aria, I'm glad you're enjoying L3 scoops - she must have increased her scent load from years past - I have had only huge throw and gorgeous scents, over multiple orders during the last nine months. In fact, I could start a small L3 store...

Speaking of huge throw, I wanted to share that I recently ordered two CFOW clams in two of my favorite scents and they are extremely strong. This is great news - last year, I had ordered some chunks and even after curing, they just weren't that strong - but these two are potent! They are Carnival By the Sea (a big fave of mine) and Butterscotch Coke Float, a summer love.

Well I was in a foresty mood over the last day, so it's been:

Haley's Heavenly Scents Spice of the Forest - a giftie from a dear CF pal - such a beautiful scent, with fir and clove. Thank you!!

Ava's Country Cupboard Juniper Breeze - this one is 4 months old and the cure is perfect - a different fir scent and I love it. Excellent throw. Very pleased with Ava's wax and I would order again. After the "celebration," though...

Homemade Pink Sugar Lavender Coconut Cream Pie - from our very own talented artist-in-residence - Michele mentioned that she was melting this and I had to do the same, pulling it out from the curing cupboard. Just delicious and THANK YOU!

Have a great start to the week, everyone.

Just pasting my last post from the March thread

Morning!

Oh MaggieMae - those fires sound awful, hope they're all out now!

Debra - Did you go to the vineyard? Sounds exciting.

We've had a few days of lovely warm sunshine, today its back to being chilly. Not sure what to melt today. There's plenty of life left in the ones I put on yesterday or I might try something else in my other burners.

Here's a question... How many burners do you all have?

Living Room - 4 tealight Melters, 1 Glade electric, 1 YC Scenterpiece.

Kitchen - 1 tealight and 1 Glade

Hallway - 1 tealight and 1 Scenterpiece.

Bathroom - 1 tealight

Bedroom - oil diffuser

Sons room - oil diffuser.

Ah, the Great British Baking Show. I don't know why they changed the name for America. Its The Great British Bake Off here. How many seasons have been shown over there I wonder? There's 9 altogether though I think I read that it only started from possibly our 3rd or 4th over there.

Good morning all! [smilie=th_wave]

Sharon ~ My girls showed me The Great British Baking Show a few years ago and we all love it. I’m not sure how many seasons there are, but we have enjoyed a few.

As for warmers, too many to count! [smilie=th_pardon] I have hot plate warmers and tea light warmers scattered all throughout my house, though they are not all running at the same time.I think a couple of years ago I counted them all and I had about 28. But that was before we moved, so maybe I don’t have all those out now. Our house is a tad smaller here in Arizona.

Amy ~ Love your thread title. How cute! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] And yes, you are correct. We’re off to a five-resort called Pelican Hill in Newport Beach. [smilie=th_c2e41937]

SGA Brandy’s Birthday Zucchini

SGA Strawberry Noel Sugar Cookie Dough Bread ~ Used the last of this so had it going two nights in a row in my bedroom.

Have a nice day!

Hi All!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Love the thread title Amy! Yes let’s celebrate all the wax we have. When are you leaving again ? Have you left already? Hoping you get a travel break for awhile after this.

Right now I’m enjoying VCS Cheshire’s Grin. This is a blend of Lavender Birthday Cake, Cotton Candy Frosting and Matshmallow. Very good!!

I don’t have nearly as many warmers as everyone else. I have 3 on the first floor of my home and one in my bedroom.

Valerie-When are you leaving for Newport Beach? Congrats again to your DH.

I’m driving DH to the airport soon. Hate to see him leave but thankfully he will be back on Friday.

Hello! Glad to report the fires have been contained. Almost 12,000 acres burned but no injuries or homes/structures touched. Amazing.

Sharon...I have 3 on my entry level...1 upstairs and 1 downstairs..so 5 melters total. ;)

Sarahkat...I rather melt because I can change scents throughout the day, whereas, a candle keeps going until it's done. Plus with a live fire...I'd have to stay put to be near it. And lastly...I find the scent throw much better from a melt. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Amy...how was work yesterday? I hope it went well. And...good to hear CFOW has some kicking wax lately! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Honeybear...congrats to your DH! Enjoy your getaway! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

Tonight it's

L3 Pink Mustache

Upstairs Ten Digit Falcor

Both amazing. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Have a good night.

Good evening all (and good morning SarahKat!),

Greetings from the road - love my job but the hits just keep on coming - all settled in for the night. The people on the floor above are walking about with heavy shoes on and I do hope they go to bed soon. Where is there to go in a hotel room? LOL

Maggie, I'm so glad those forest fires are contained! Also so wonderful that no one has been hurt. The hospital work was very enjoyable yesterday.

I am pleased to announce that L3 had a restock today and I have bought nothing. That is because I already have every scent they have. Not really...this one was Customer Creations and some of them sound beautiful. But I'm celebrating what I already have! Right, Maggie and Michele??????????

Right now I'm melting a Super Tarts sample called Harley Quinn - pink sugar, blackberry jam, and vanilla waffle cone - absolutely beautiful and this one is going on the list.

I hope everyone has a good night/morning. And that the people upstairs stop marching around. ????

Sleep tight all!

Amy, I have missed it - where are you now? :sCo_hmmthink:

And, great title! [smilie=th_ahaaha]

I have 5 melters placed, 3 are going most of the time. I do have one candle that I light when it gets dark - in a hallway that I can see from the kitchen, it is more about the ambience! In a glass container on a glass, non-flammable surface! I like melts so I can switch out the scents more often, and usually I find the scent is stronger.

The vineyard was lovely - sunny weather, happy people, and it was a special event so there was yummy food! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Maggie, so sorry to hear about your forest fire. We get really big ones every few years - last year was an especially damaging one...with all the winter rain now erosion is happening, ruining some wonderful hiking trails.

Tonight it is Clean - from Cheryl's. One cube out of the clamshell and it is almost too strong!

Good morning, peeps!

Amy ~ Hope you were able to get some sleep last night.

Debra ~ Your trip to the vineyard sounds absolutely perfect! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Maggie ~ Good news on the fire containment. Scary!!

Susan ~ I took a peek at Hayden Rowe the other day after Aria mentioned them. They seem fairly popular, but the last thing I need is another vendor to become obsessed with. [smilie=th_cha40]

SarahCat ~ I will always love and burn candles, but tarts are the wave of the future! Flameless scent (unless tealight warmers used), beautiful colors and shapes, and endless options for blending make it an addictive, wonderful hobby. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

SGA Lavender Sandalwood

SGA Cherry Nut Ice Cream

SGA Apple Berry Spice Type

Have a nice day!

I agree, honeybear - it is a great hobby! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Cookie, I am a fan of Orange Blossom. Sometimes though, it smells like oranges, sometimes neroli. I like the neroli version! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Tonight it is a very old, very wonderful CFTKR - Patchouli Embers, back from her ebay days!

Hello ladies and I hope everyone is well,

I couldn't agree more, Honeybear and Debra - Best. Hobby. Ever.

Happy to say the work here is going quickly and I'm coming home tomorrow morning that than tomorrow evening. Especially good because a colleague of mine is retiring and his party is tomorrow afternoon. I will be happy to be there for his sendoff.

Melting this morning: SGA Key Lime Limoncello, a bit left over from last week and it reminds me of our fine week in Tampa. Thank you dear CF friend for this lovely melt. ????

Have a good day/night, all!

Good Morning!

Amy-Glad to hear work is going quickly. Glad to hear you can attend the retirement party.

This is definitely the best hobby ever. I hope to be celebrating this for awhile. Lots to celebrate here.

Melting VCS Eleanor Rigby this morning. This is decadent lemon cake with lemon buttercream and cream cheese frosting. This is the last of the Cream Cheese Sampler. Excellent!,

Enjoy your day everyone!!

Didn't realize there was a thread for April till now...

Anyone here gotten tarts from Pink Mermaid Wax?.. i think i should also be jumping on the bandwagon very soon.. but still taking my time to source where I can get mine from. so many vendors, people making it from their homes.. don't know where to start?? I have a green tealight warmer that is pretty big so i could use that to melt future tarts.

MaggieMae : I'm glad those forest fires on your side have been contained! Praise the Lord!

NMhoneybear : by the way what is your favorite Pierogi to make?

AmyJo: that Key Lime Limoncello sounds good enough to eat!

So currently, i only have 2 candles to burn which I got yesterday from B&BW. I have used up all my candles hence I made the trip downtown yesterday to get more. I def need to build up my candle collection. I burnt Caribbean Escape last night and i feel like lighting it again later.

Great title, Amy! ;)

Thank you for your kind words, everyone. :wub: Truly, it means so much. My sister left this morning. I'm so sad to see her leave, but we had an incredible week together.

Melting Vanillamint from Scentsy. My sister really liked this!

Hope you all have a great day!

Hello again all,

Lunch break. I meant to thank everyone for your nice words about the title. The rhyme works only if you live in Ohio and pronounce jewels as "jools."

Susan, one of these days I must try Hayden Rowe!

Mpfand, Vanillamint! Ooo that sounds so good. I'm very happy that you and your sister had a beautiful week together.????

SarahKat, I think you will love melts. It is a deep, lovely hole from which you will never return. ????

Sharon, I hope your weather warms up soon.

Take care all!

Hi!

Melting tonight VCS Elizabeth and Philip’s Westminster Wedding. This is a strawberry and peach cake scent. Delicious!

Amy-We pronounce jewels as “jools’ So this thread name rhymes for me.

SarahKat-You will love melts. Like you when I joined this forum I only burned candles. Now I am totally hooked on melts. I agree with Amy that there’s no going back. It’s very addictive and you will want to try many vendors.

Good night!

Good evening!

Amy, so great that you could make it back for the party!

Do any of you remember seeing melts for the first time? I could not figure out what in the world one would do with them. It just did not make sense to me.

Then I figured it out - and here I am! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Tonight it is City Chic - Amy's Country Candles