The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

When the Scents Come Marching In

Morn ladies. Melting today: Spiced Cranberry by OPT

Amish friendship bread, bear claws by Front Porch.

We had some snow showers yesterday, melted as it hit the ground. Hope everyone has a great day.

:hello:

Debra, isn't that frustrating? All that work and then, poof! The wind just messes it all up. :mad: DH and I have been painting our pool....hoping the nice weather holds out until we finish.

Overnight melt in the bedroom was a gift from a sweet candle buddy, Starry Night from Candy Panda. Loved this! [smilie=th_00000020]

[smilie=th_326db8b3]

How’s everyone doing today? I’ve been doing some reorganizing of stash and came to a stark realization. I have WAY too much wax. :sEm_oops2: I better get a-melting! [smilie=th_aa17]

Amy ~ Hope your business trip is going well. So cute how you keep wax in your pocket for periodic sniff breaks. [smilie=th_giggle]

Debra ~ How frustrating! That darn wind. [smilie=th_gif]

BL Is Butter A Carb? ~ Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Dough

BL The Golden Ticket~ Butterscotch Marshmallow Brittle

BL That Gingerbread Feeling ~ Warm Molasses Cookies, Gingerbread Applesauce, and Monkey Bread

Breezy Tarts Green Apple Candy

Have a good evening!

Good morning all,

Jet lag is better. Feeling a little more clear headed.

Mpfand, good luck with painting the pool! It must be lovely to just walk out the door and go swimming. ????

Susan, sorry the snow didn't stick.

Honeybear, those gingerbread scents sound yummy.

Michele, did you decide whether to mail your wax back home rather than hand carry?

Melting is challenging this week due to long hours. But my pocket companion today is:

CFOW Carnival by the Sea - salty sea air, vanilla ice cream, and funnel cake. One of my big faves. Maggie sent me some early last year and I remember being stunned by its beauty.

I am seriously considering rearranging all my wax when I get home into scent groups - fresh/spa, fruity, bakery, fall/Halloween, Christmas. I notice that I tend to order the same scents over and over, and this might help me better realize what I have. I could also better compare scents between the vendors. Mainly, it's an excuse to play. ????

Edited - I will be able to come home Friday rather than Saturday!

Take care all. ????

Ho All!

Amy-Glad you get to come home a day early. I still want to mail my wax home. DH doesn’t bring a suitcase home so he wants to bring all my wax back. He might change his mind when he sees what’s here.

Had to shut the melters last night. I kept getting the dry allergy cough. It was better when I shut them off.

Melting now ST Full House. This is Cookie Jar, Sweet Cream, Cotton Candy and Marshmallow.

I have my melts organized by vendor. I have so many packages waiting att home it’s making me nervous. I have to find a spot for everything.

Hoping everyone is enjoying their day.

Hello Everyone! :)

Michele...I'm sorry to hear you are battling a cough but glad turning off the melters helped...although I'm sure you're not happy about that being a problem. Feel better!

Amy.. [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack for coming back a day early! And psssttt.....if you like patchouli...you just may be a secret groovster! ☮️

Honeybear...WAY too much as opposed to too much wax? [smilie=th_giggle] Guilty on both counts!

Mpfand...I hope you got that pool painting finished. ????????

Debra...sorry about that darn wind! [smilie=th_gif]

Tonight is Breathless by L3

And upstairs is Swanky Lavender Paris Vanilla Lace from a sweet pal. Thanks! Love it so much! It smells very different from Lavender Paris because there's a creamy element....dare I say I like it even more? :wub:

Have a great night.

Michele, I am organized by vendor also. It helps me keep track of how old things are!

Honeybear...I believe I am guilty of way too much wax also. [smilie=th_E_JUMP16667] [smilie=th_E_JUMP16667]

Susan, enough snow yet? Glad your snow did not stick? [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Mpfand - painting the pool...that sounds like a lot of work! But how fun, after it is done!

Tonight it is Cheryl's - Rain/Hyacinth

Good morning all!

Maggie, I'm also eager to try that Swanky, especially after your vote of confidence! I love vanilla lace.

Michele, nice of your DH to offer to carry back all your wax... But I'm with you, shipping might be easier! I'm sorry the allergy cough has been bothering you

Ladies, I also have too much wax and have been at this for a much shorter time than all of you... I'm planning a big reorganization and hopefully this will remind me that more is not needed!

Today I still have Dessa's The Forest in my pocket - a giftie from a sweet CF pal - and this is a lovely, earthy scent.

Tomorrow I will head home - very homesick so can't wait.

Have a good day all.

Morn ladies. Melting today: Room Service: Sea Salt, ozone, floral, citrus, musk and Sandlewood by Hayden Rowe

Pumpkin Honey Chai: Creamy Pumpkin, cinnamon. clove, nutmeg, black chai, vanilla, milk & honey by CFOW.

Good morning [smilie=snoopy]

Amy, so glad you get to go home a day early. [smilie=superman] <---this is you flying home :D

I'm very happy to report that the pool painting project is done! It was A LOT of work, not gonna lie, but the weather was absolutely gorgeous, which helped immensely. Looks so nice now. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Melting a gift from a sweet CF friend, Horror Film from SGA. This was an adorable bundtlette and it's filling the entire house with a mouthwatering scent. I looked it up, but couldn't find the description. I think I detect bakery...whatever it is, I absolutely love it. [smilie=cloud_9]

Greetings ladies!

I am sooooo ready to come home. I felt all weepy this afternoon, never a good thing in a machine shop. ⚒️????

Mpfand, you made me laugh, thank you!! ???? I'll bet your pool looks simply gorgeous, and I'll bet you're glad that job is over! Now - for the fun part!????‍♀️

Susan, you choose such beautiful scents. That pumpkin chai sounds tempting even to me, and I swore off pumpkin until fall.

Maggie, I forgot to answer your question about how I ruined my plate melter. It was the first day here and I was foggy headed with jet lag. You may recall that I mentioned how quickly the wax melted... Because I didn't use my power inverter and of course it's 220 over here. In addition to the wax, I melted my melter. I know better. Nobody to blame but me!

Well the goal tonight is to stay up as late as possible to get back into home time, but I'd say the chances of that are slim to none. We shall see if I get a second wind.

Melting CFOW Carnival by the Sea after letting it ride around in my pocket yesterday. What is it about this scent?? - magical. SSA, vanilla ice cream, and funnel cake.

Have a good evening all!! ????

Hello!

Oh no Amy...that stinks. I'm sorry your warmer went kaput. :(. Glad you're on your way home tomorrow! :)

Tonight it's Savannah Blue in Avobath, Lord of Misrule and Solitude... :toppoints:

Goodnight

Susan, I agree, those scents sound divine! :wub:

I bet you are on your way home by the time I write this Amy! I hope the transition is not too difficult.

Mpfand - hooray for being done! Is there a standard color you use, or do you have to pick the color?

Tonight - Rocket's Blue Sugar and Lavender - I keep taking little pieces, trying to keep from using it all up. [smilie=cloud_9]

Good morning all!

Once again at the airport and ready to come HOME!! Easy trains this morning.

Maggie, your Savannah Blue melts sound beautiful. I'm ready to start melting those soon.

Debra, Blue Sugar and Lavender...ohhh, come to Mama.

It will be a long day, should get home around 7:30 this evening, Eastern Time.

Happy Friday to everyone! ????

[smilie=th_e16]

Amy ~ Safe travels home, my friend! [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Michele ~ Hope you’re able to melt again. I love that ST Full House! Did you get to enjoy it at all before you had to turn it off? If not, you’re in for a real treat.

Debra ~ Blue Sugar Lavender sounds like such a good bedtime scent.

Maggie ~ Glad I’m not alone in the WAY too much wax department. :thwetkissf: I told my DH about it, but he just laughed and shook his head saying I don’t have too much. He loves my hobby, but I think he is in denial of my mother load. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Susan ~ Ooh...that Pumpkin Honey Chai sounds fabulous.

Mpfand ~ That must have been some project. Gad it was a success!

Swanky Lavender Paris ~ I think I have the Lavender Paris Vanilla Lace loaf in one of my boxes that I have yet to open. Can’t wait!

BL Blood Orange Salt Water Taffy

VRC Twisted Misters ~ Going to have to change this out. Doesn’t appear to be throwing at all. This is my first melt from this vendor. Not impressed.

Have a good day!

Editing to say I changed the VRC to SGA Zucchini Bomb.

Greetings all!

HOME HOME HOME and I'm so happy. Trouble-free travel yesterday and I slept a normal night. I don't think I ever fully got into the other time zone, which is a blessing upon return. General pandemonium from the furry crowd and DH is excited to travel with me next week. As for me, I'm so glad to be in our own little house and looking out on the countryside.

Honeybear, I'm glad your DH loves your hobby, and denial is not always a bad thing. ???? I'm sorry that the VRC didn't throw - they do seem to need a longer cure than some, at least for me, but I love many of her blends.

Well I came home to a lovely order of L3 scoops, because as we all know, there can never be too much L3. Everything smells amazing and I think I could possibly ease up on the orders...

The other important item to share is that I watched A Star Is Born, with Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga, on the plane, and I thought they both were fabulous. Every version of that story is painful and this was no exception - but I thought both of them were enormously appealing and I enjoyed the music very much. Thank to Michele for recommending! ????????

I've decided NOT to reorganize my wax by scent group - I looked it all over this morning and it's pretty tidy now by vendor, and I can find everything...too much work and it truly isn't going to reduce the volume. ????

In the melters are still strawberry blends from Ava's and Southbound, from before I left, because I turned them off before I left. Getting ready to switch them out... The possibilities are endless.

Enjoy your day everyone! Spring is here! ????????

[smilie=th_Welcome1-1] Home Amy! [smilie=th_slider_hi5] Glad you made it home safe and sound! It's always nice to come home to your familiar soundings when you've been on a trip away. Does it still smell like wax? [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Sitting with my first cup of Joe...still deciding if I should paint my fathers today or next weekend....hmmmm. Picked up the paint yesterday...I'll have to decide by 10.

Honeybear...the mother load?? [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Well I've been melting...

Upstairs it's been Be Enchanted Blue Sugar by L3 from a sweet CF pal....omg... [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Downstairs it's Blackberry Jam Coconut Cream Pie Waffle Cone by L3 also from that lovely pal...another goodie! ????????

And from my Dessas Disney Main Street Collection Churro Cart and Ice Cream Parlor...yummmy. ???? (Just saw she's opening up today...just sayin'...)

Have a wonderful Saturday! ;)

Hey everyone,

Amy, so glad you're home safely. It was nice being on the same continent as you for a few days, lol.

I'm flying home tomorrow, can't wait to get melting and I know I have a lovely parcel waiting for me. ????????????????????????????

Hello everyone. Melting today: Bahama mama by Hayden Rowe, lots of different fruits.

Fresh cut grass by Kae, sample cute little lamb

Olive Branch by Kae, sample

Cowardly Lion by CFOW, Fierce type and flannel type: fresh citrus and warm wood. from the wizzard of oz collection.

Have a great weekend.

Well phooey, looks like I viewed my post last night but did not post it and it went POOF. :angry:

Amy, glad your trip wasn't a stressful one, and re-entry was good! About the movie - I reserved it from the library - I am # 272 out of 480 waiting! :blink:

It was supposed to rain today so I made indoor plans - and no rain! <_>

Today was HHS - Lavender and Willow Creek Lavender Eucalyptus - I felt like I was living in a spa! :wub:

Good morning all!

So lovely to be home. Yesterday I did, after all, reorganize all the wax into scent groups and I'm very happy with it. Also went to the tax preparer and finished up the taxes, always glad when that's done.

Maggie, you take such good care of your father. I can imagine he's thrilled that you are painting for him. ????

Debra, I'm sorry your post went poof! And my goodness, that's quite the waiting list for the movie!

Susan, I've seen those little sheep that Kae makes - too adorable and I think I would have trouble melting them!

Michele, I hope you are having a wonderful visit with your husband. It's lovely knowing you are here in Ohio. ????

Honeybear, I also had to laugh about your "mother load" - yesterday when I was reorganizing, DH said, "My, you DO have a lot of wax." ????

Mpfand, have you been swimming in your freshly painted pool yet? ????

Sharon, I hope you had a wonderful visit to the Shetland Islands. Safe travels home!

Well this morning I'm melting a beautiful scent for the very first time, from Swanky, and I must say, no wonder you all rave about it:

Swanky Lavender Paris - a giftie from a sweet CF pal - just incredible, thank you!!

Swanky Lavender Paris White Lace - from the pre-order loaves - and also beautiful with the softness of the vanilla musk added.

Both of these are very strong and the second one had only cured for a couple of weeks, so very impressive. A gorgeous scent!

Off to do laundry...I hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday.

Good Morning and Happy Sunday. The sun is out and it looks like a beautiful day...although cold right now.

Amy...I know how you feel...every year the day before taxes are due my DH is giving me instructions that I always need my DS to help me with. [smilie=th_gif] Why couldn't we do this earlier? This year...all is done...life is not a mad scramble. :sHa_woot:

Sharon...Safe travels to you.

Debra...wow! I used to always rent movies from the library when the kids were younger but that's a long wait list!! I must admit, I couldn't make out anything that Bradley Cooper said. We tried putting on captions but they weren't available. [smilie=th_shout]

Susan...is the Wizard of Oz a new collection? Sounds adorable!

I threw out a couple clams today. I realized that I keep wax that I'll never melt because I don't like the scent...so it goes back into the cabinet over and over again. Not anymore...I think I'm sick of seeing them back every year. That may have something to do with why I am inundated with wax...not that I order toooooooo much. [smilie=th_baaaaa] . I may do a "chuck-a-thon" later today.

So it's L3 Huckleberries, Ligonberries and Lucky Charms

Have a great day. :)

Good morn ladies. Melting: Love Spell by Satin Suzie

Love spell by Candle Warmers.

Maggie, yes the wizzard of oz is a new collection from CFOW.

I work in a tax office as a receptionist during tax season, as a second job. It is very stressful this time of year. [smilie=th_smilies-1]

Hi B)

Sharon, hope you have a safe trip home!

Amy, the pool is filled and just waiting for warmer temps! As soon as it's a little warmer we can turn the solar on to speed up the heating process.

Melting a gift from a generous waxie buddy, Blueberry Cobbler Pretzel Blackberry Jam from L3. Delicious and throiwing like crazy. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]