The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

When the Scents Come Marching In

Hi everybody !!

I haven’t posted here in a few days because I haven’t been able to melt.

Giving it a try today. Just put on SGA Bella’s Wish Zucchini. Smells great! This is an older one. I find Julie’s wax to last a long time. Does anybody find that some vendor’s wax lasts longer than others? I just have WAY too much wax also. That’s what makes me nervous. I don’t want to waste anything.

Michelle- that scent you are melting from L3 was a really good one. Good throw and long lasting.

Sharon-Safe travels.

Amy-Organizing by vendor must have been some job. I just need another Sterlire when I get home. This week’s project. Organizing all my new wax.

Valerie-You are funny. The mother load. That’s great your husband is so supportive of your hobby.

Debra- that’s a very long wait list. I loved the movie.

Susan-Sounds like a busy time of the year for you.

Have a great day all!!

[smilie=The_Hi]

Michele ~ I have had that Bella’s Wish Zucchini and recently used my last chunk. It was super old and smelled great! That’s like Christmas Wish, isn’t it?

Amy ~ So happy you are home again. [smilie=th_aola]

Sharon ~ Safe travels to you.

BL Son of a Nutcracker ~ Pumpkin Pie with Caramel Praline sauce ~ or something like that [smilie=th_laughing]

BL Never Nude ~ VBN cake batter drizzled into a sugary waffle cone

SB Blue Raspberry Rock Candy

Burning a Partylite Woodwick Amber Applewood. This is wonderful!

I haven’t seen A Star is Born yet, but we finally watched Bohemian Rhapsody last night. Pretty good movie, but had us both waking up this morning with Queen songs stuck in our heads. LOL Probably didn’t help that after the movie, we went in the spa and continued to listen to Queen music. [smilie=th_roll]

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Susan, I have CPA relatives - it is crazy busy now, isn't it?

Michele - do not fear! I have so many oldies and for the most part they still have a good throw. Some are "small room" melts now, but I really have not had to throw much out. We are talking YEARS!

Gorgeous day today, DH out of town and I could not find anyone to go play with! So, it was a book in the shade.

Sharon, enjoy your new wax - I am guessing that is what will be in the parcel you have waiting! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

Today has been Diamond State - Pink Sugar/Fruit Punch.

Good Morning

Didn't post last night but I Melted Greed by SGA and Ten Digit in Lavender Mint Marshmallow Sugar Cookie Pink Sugar Peppermint Twist...love this one...❤️ Still going today!

Michele...hope you feel 100% soon!

Safe travels Amy!!

Have a good one. :)

Hey ladies am new to the forums.. all the way from Singapore

am burning a Calm and Quiet place by Yankee candle. Described as A centered fragrance—balanced with gentle jasmine, a whisper of patchouli, and warm amber musk. It’s finishing off very soon tho.

Recently also bought 2 candles from Bath and Body Works. It was a deal at 2 for 70 Singapore dollars. Retail price for one is 40 Sing dollars. I picked Eucalyptus Mint and Cactus ???? Blossom... the Cactus Blossom smells amazing and can’t wait to burn it. Makes me feel like I’m vacationing in Mexico.

[smilie=th_sHellobar] Sarah Kat! Glad you are here! That candle sounds wonderful!

Good Evening All!

It's Huckleberry Zucchini Bread by Scentfully Addictive

And a homemade tart by a sweet CF pal in Autumn Pear...thanks..smells great!

Have a great eveing!

[smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin Hi SarahKat! Welcome! We are glad you found us!

It looks like we have the same taste in scents - yours sound devine!

Amy, I hope you and DH are having fun traveling, (and working... ;) )

Tonight it is HHS Lavender again. :wub: :wub:

Greetings everyone!

Hello SarahKat and welcome to you! ???????????? How is the weather in Singapore right now? Your scents sound lovely. How long have been enjoying scent as a hobby?

Maggie, oh the taxes!! Doesn't it feel good to have them finished?? For me, this is another one of my little "Your papers are not in order" phobias and I am very nervous until they are done and filed. Did you have a chuck-a-thon with the older waxies you didn't like? Sounds like a good idea to me. As for Bradley Cooper's accent in the movie - where we live, a lot of the older country fellows speak a lot like that, lol. So it sounded like home! ????

Michele, I hope you arrived safely back home yesterday. Now we'll see what Security says when DH carries the rest of your wax through on Friday! He is a good soul to help out!

Susan, speaking of taxes, you must be extremely busy right now. Only a few more weeks, hang in there!!

Debra, I laughed when you said you couldn't find anyone to play with the other day, LOL! And I like your concept of "small room melts" - that's perfect - the lighter ones can still be beautiful.

Mpfand, I love that you have solar power. That's something I'm interested in looking into for our home.

Honeybear, I enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody also. I love Queen and thought Freddy was one in a million, and yes those songs do stick in the head!!

Well yesterday DH and I went to the beach here in Tampa FL and oh, so beautiful. I love the sound of the ocean and feeling that wonderful breeze. He will join up with a friend today while I'm at work. I didn't realize how much we needed a little vacation. Our house sitter sent me a picture of all the furry crew at home and that put my mind at ease.

Last night I melted a sample of Watermelon Madness from Rocket's - the first of hers I've melted - and it was incredible, beautiful and strong. Even DH raved about it and I didn't tell him the real name, just said it was a fruity blend, because he thinks he doesn't like watermelon. We will win him over yet!

All right friends, back on the chain gang with me, have a lovely day! ????????

Hi all Ladies!

MaggieMae: the Huckleberry Zucchini bread sounds delish and so does the Autumn Pear .. makes me think of Fall???? tho we don’t have four Seasons here

Debra99: Glad to know we have the same taste in scents. by the way what does HHS lavender stand for? I think I need to get a lavender scent as it is so calming .. lavender is one of my faves

AmyJo: hi there! the weather here is hot and humid. I just started getting into candles and scents last month when my BFF got me a Farmer’s Market candle from a brand called Twig & Co. It was a natural soy candle with notes of tangerine, grapefruit, apple and a hint of peach. And then I found that lighting candles and just taking in the scents help me deal with my anxiety

Where are all you guys from? And I was wondering how Long can scented candles with their lids on last? Do they ever lose their scent?

This evening on my way home, I collected a new Bath and Body Works candle from a lady who let me have it for 16 dollars. Am currently burning it. So the scent for the night is Island Margarita.. just smells like a juicy cocktail..

Welcome, SarahKat! So nice to have you here. [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Amy, I'm glad you had a chance to go to the beach! FL has some of the best beaches! Nothing beats the sound of the ocean and the smell of salty air. [smilie=cloud_9]

My sister is flying in this evening. I'm so excited to see her! My mom was also supposed to come, but my 90 year old grandma was admitted to the hospital yesterday with pneumonia. The dr said her chances of recovery aren't good so my mom stayed to be with her and my dad (it's his mom). I'm so sad about the whole situation, but so glad my sister will be here.

I'm melting one of my sister's favorite scents, Vanilla Bean Buttercream from Scentsy.

Hope everyone is having a good day. [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Hi All!

Welcome SarahKat!

I’m back in NY. Had a good flight back.

Amy-Glad you are enjoying Tampa and that you got to go to the beach. Hope you don’t have to work too hard.

We have solar panels on our house and it’s saved us some money every year.

Michelle-Glad your sister got to visit. So sorry about your grandma. Sending prayers.

Debra-Thanks for the info! Good to hear.

Well Valerie and I opened my first Swanky order today. Just such beautiful wax! Unfortunately I realized that one of my orders was missing. It never got delivered. Jeanine at Swanky is just wonderful. She’s sending me a new order out tomorrow with lots of freebies to make up for the problem. Valerie was so helpful in getting this problem solved. USPS actually showed the package as delivered but my cameras showed only one being left by the postman. So happy with the customer service from Swanky!!

Melting from a sweet CF friend - Lilac Sensations-PPW Cookie Dough. Excellent!!

Good Night All!!

Michele - what did we do before we had cameras? It is so nice to have proof - so sorry that you have to wait.

Amy, I am glad you are getting some beach time. The east coast sure is different than the coast here out west. No warm sandy beach out here. (I am in the Pacific Northwest, SarahKat)

SarahKat - HHS was a beloved vendor that we lost a few years ago. She made wonderful products and the throw is strong still. Her company was bought and recently reopened but may be restocking now - I will have to try and see if the "recipes" are the same. I believe they are now part of Galaxy Candles. Meanwhile, we can give you names of our Lavender vendors if you like? Do you melt tarts/melts? As far as candles go - I have some candles that are 3-4 years old that still scent nicely - but it depends on the brand and wax! My closed tins seem to be holding up well!

Tonight it is Rocket - Lavender Blue Sugar.

Hi Starflower68, mpfand and candlelove

Wow Amy looks like you are having a fun time at the beaches in Florida.. would love to visit there one day and even Cuba

debra99: the Pacific Northwest has beautiful scenery! Are you in Washington or Oregon I’m guessing? Do you have a lovely mountain/sea facing cabin? Have only been to the southwest of the states.. Arizona and Las Vegas.. sure, I’d like to know some vendors that do Lavender. No I don’t melt tarts/melts but I saw a video on how to reuse the leftover candle wax and melt them in a burner.. am prob gonna pop them in the freezer and melt them one of these days to use them up. Do you burn Bath and Body Works candles? What do you think of them? I’m quite new to candles so more familiar with the big brands like BBW, Yankee etc. Have a lot to learn from you guys. But I found 2 American ones called Candles by Victoria from Texas and Candle Queen Candles from Kansas. I’m itching also to order a few candles from Flamingo candles from the UK. I notice the trends now are rainbow, unicorn candles that kinda stuff. ????

Greetings everyone,

Well, I could get used to being near the beach. After work yesterday, we took a sunset walk along Madeira Beach, which was so beautiful and not crowded, temperature around 70F or 21C. Then we went and had Vietnamese noodle soup with fresh Thai basil and jalapenos, fantastic. DH met up with one of his buddies yesterday for lunch. I am very grateful for this trip.

Mpfand, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother's pneumonia and the doctor's fears for her. My heart goes out to her, your parents, and to you. I'm glad that you and your sister get to be together. Also, that Vanilla Bean Buttercream sounds beautiful.

Debra, the Rocket's Lavender Blue Sugar sounds sooooooo perfect. She has beautiful wax! I am fighting the urge to make another order.

Michele, first of all I love the thought of you and Valerie opening your Swanky orders together! I'm truly sorry one of your orders wasn't delivered, and hurrah for Jeanine to move quickly to make it up to you. Thanks for the advice on the solar panels!

SarahKat, you sound like you're really enjoying this hobby! You mentioned Candles by Victoria and I recently ordered tarts from her for the first time - lovely wax and beautiful scents that last for many hours. I was lucky to visit Singapore for business and think you live in a gorgeous country with so much to do, and beautiful, lush plants and flowers!

The work here is going quickly and I *may* be able to take a half-day tomorrow, shhhhhhh don't tell DH yet!

Well last night it was a sample from SGA - those little cups travel nicely - in Caribbean Fruit Smoothie and ohhhh my, so wonderful, great throw, and I'm melting it again now. ????

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day/night!

Hi All!

Amy-Hope you get that half day off tomorrow ! I’m glad you are getting a chance to enjoy s bit.

SarahKat- I have burnt some BBW candles. I do enjoy them.

I’m melting SGA Beach Nights Vanilla Wafers Marshmallow. This is from the Customer Creatiions Sampler .i love anything with Beach Nights.

Did a lot of running around today. Now I’m resting finally.

Good Evening Everyone!

Mpfand.,.I am so sorry about your grandmother having pneumonia and your mom not being able to visit. [smilie=th_bighug-1] I know you were looking forward to this time together but at least you will get to see your sister. Praying for you guys.

Sarahkat...ohhh....I love B&BW candles...I have way too many...although none for spring and summer. I may have to take care of that! ;) Btw, I live on the east coast of America.

Michele...I hope you are feeling back to normal and getting to really enjoy your wax. I'm a big Beachy Night lover too! I'm sorry to hear about that missing package...but glad to hear Swanky is sending a new one.

Amy...oh, it wasn't the accent that I couldn't understand...my relatives sound like him. It was the deep voice he used along with the mumble. Nope..couldn't understand much. [smilie=th_idontknow] Have you seen that IG about it? It's hysterical...I'll see if I can post a link. Otherwise...love Mr Cooper. Sounds like you and the hubby are having a wonderful time! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Last night it was Peter Rabbit by the Bunny Sisters

Today is Jackie O Visits Her Family by VCS

Goodnight

hey guys, first of all i want to say i think Im having problems with my "island margarita" candle... its doesn't burn well , and the flames are very small. It's a 3 wick candle. the wax also sinks in... i think the previous owner must have kept it for quite a long, long while before she sold it to me.. there goes my 16 dollars.

AmyJo: i love Vietnamese noodles.. Pho. the broth is so yummy. And yes i stumbled upon CbV by chance when i was searching for a mermaid candle.. she has a really pretty mermaid candle on sale on her site. And that's nice to know you have visited Singapore.. i'm sure you must have gone to Gardens by the Bay. what do you think of our local food?

Mpfand: i say a prayer for your granny that she gets better soon. sending you and your family hugs

cookielady: hi there. Hope's chest sounds interesting... what is the scent like?

candlelove: that SGA Beach Nights Vanilla Wafers Marshmallow sounds cosy.. must be like a campfire by the beach kinda vibe.

MaggieMae: yes I Luv B&BW candles... I think they have so many interesting, lovely scents... what is your fave candle from B&BW? Im sure you will be getting down to that B&BW spring/summer haul very soon! & i loved Peter Rabbit growing up. Had no idea there is a Peter Rabbit scent.. gonna check it out!

This evening I feel like finally lighting my Cactus Blossom candle from B&BW.. and turning on some Mexican music playlist on Spotify to accompany it. lol

Good Morning!

Wishing Mpfand a very [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d and I hope you get to enjoy the day! ! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Sarahkat...hmmmmm....that's a tough one. My tastes change all of the time....but two I never tire of are Leaves and Autumn! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Have a good one!

Good morning!

[smilie=th_1819] Michelle!

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sending hugs!

[smilie=th_we0081] SarahKat! You have inspired me to pull out my Yankee Calm and Peaceful Feeling candle. Currently, I’m burning Vanilla Cupcake and not happy at all. I smell nothing. I’m going to exchange it in the next few days.

I, too, love Pho! Especially with lots of cilantro. :wub:

SGA Lavender Zucchini

BL Cucumber Melon Salt Water Taffy

CFTKR Merlin’s Forest

Amy, so glad you are enjoying the beach. Next weekend it will be my turn at Pelican Hill Newport Beach. :)

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Greetings all,

Michelle, a very????????????????????????????️???? HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! How lovely that you and DH get to play!

YES only a half day of work today. DH was sick yesterday but has rallied today. We just had local seafood for lunch and are off to go driving across the local causeway to a little island.????????️????????

Maggie, I see now what you mean. Bradley Cooper was certainly speaking down in the basement, you're right! ???????????? I loved the spoof, thank you for posting!! ????????????????

Michele, I love Beach Nights too... Melted it too much last year and burned out on it but I think I'm ready to smell it again. ????

Honeybear, I also love a lot of cilantro in phò.... So delicious. Glad you're going to be by the water next week!!

SarahKat, I loved everything about Singapore... The food... The harbor... The gardens... The giant ferris wheel... The cleanliness... The warmth of the people.

Well we are digesting our lunch but will head out soon. I will be coming back in a few weeks but only for a couple of days to recheck.

Forgot to say what I melted this morning. ???? It was SGA Key Lime Limoncello Fizzy Pop, a giftie from a sweet CF friend, and ohhhh, so so wonderful. Must.Have.More!

Enjoy your Thursday all!

Goodness, I got home so late that it is bedtime and I almost didn't check in here! [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq]

I hope you had the best birthday ever, Michelle!

I popped in Sugared Apples, CFOW, while I feed the pets - then it is off to bed!

[smilie=th_offtobed]

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I had a great day....breakfast out with my sister and DH followed by hiking at Red Rock Canyon. Then I received word that my grandma passed away....my last living grandparent. She was a beautiful, generous lady who loved life. I cherish my memories of her.