The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Love Is In The Air...And It Smells Wonderful!

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Yesterday I also melted TBG Juliet.

Today it is CFOW Say it with Flours. This is a delicious bread and pretzel scent with some zucchini.

Heading out soon to do some errands.

Have a great day all!

Hi friends

Hope all of you are doing well. We're hanging in there and survived the polar vortex. Ha! Classes were cancelled up at NMU where DS#1 is. Also school closed here for DS#2. They've missed quite a few days in the last couple of weeks due to the weather. On top of this, DS#2 caught a nasty virus and has had a fever for the last 4 days plus a horrible cough and tummy issues(only for one Day) no appetite no energy, etc. I thought he had the flu but the doctor tested him and it's definitely not the flu. She said the earliest he can go back to school is Thursday. Poor kid. He's been emailing his teachers and trying to keep up with homework and reading in between sleeping and coughing. I've been playing nurse lol.

I've not been melting much and my interest in wax is fading. I've enjoyed this hobby for so many years...at least 15 years with vendor wax and more years burning candles. But I feel it's run its course so to speak. I have one order coming from a RG pre-order due to arrive in the middle of the month. I just cringe when I think of ordering more wax when I'd rather save to help DS out with college costs and other necessities. Does that make sense?

I'm also getting away from social media. Recently I have realized it does not bring me joy anymore. I have been exposed to too many opinions, bullying, bad ideas and overall crap unloading that cuts me to the bone. I am no longer emotionally equipped to deal with this. Does that make sense? Anyone else feel similarly? Luckily this group at CF is pretty cool.

So anyhow today I have a melter going with FP Avobath and it's scenting the house nicely.

Sorry for the long post lol....

Good morning [smilie=snoopy]

Amy, glad you have melts with you. [smilie=th_stink]

Melting Winter Splendor from Goose Creek and upstairs in the master is a gift from a sweet candle buddy, Sweater Weather from Wax Workshoppe.

Errand day here, too. Have a good one, ladies. :D

Hi there.

Aria ~ Sounds like you’ve got a lot going on. No wonder you’re in a funk. Hugs to you!

I’ve never done a ton on social media, but a couple of years ago it got to be too much and I pretty much unfollowed all people I personally knew, other than my DH and girls (and none do much there either). Information overload. Only the inspirational stuff and wax pictures stayed.

Yesterday I sorted through some of my mongo Super Tarts stash and melted a few whose scent was corroding the clamshell, so that I could repackage them. Bob, Linda, and Tina from Bob’s Burgers were awesome. And I also did Impossible Girl and Corpsman. I haven’t changed any of those out yet, but have added...

VCS The Clairvoyant ~ Açaí Pomegranate Cranberry Ginger Ale ~ I got a good whiff as it was starting to melt, but now that that whole leaf is melted, I’m sitting right next to it and don’t really smell it. But if I walk out of the room and come back, then I do. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Sonoma Tropical Paradise ~ Okay for a clean scent, but not my cup of tea.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Aria, I don't think you are alone! It seems I hear friends talk about hopping out of their social media accounts quite often. I think you are right - we are lucky to have a nice group of buddies like we have here! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Do you ever try to eat up things in your refrigerator or freezer? My DH likes to shop at places that give samples and brings home all kinds of stuff he has tried. Every once in awhile I have to put him on a ban - and start cooking things up!

Honeybear, my nose does that sometimes, too. In fact sometimes I go outside for a minute to see if I smell anything when I come back in! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Tonight it is CYS - Pink Garden Mint.

Good morning everyone,

Aria, I hope your son is getting over his virus. I'm glad you survived the polar vortex. ❄️ I agree with you that social media can cause stress, and I'm sending you a virtual hug - and I hope that RG order brings you some joy! ????

Maggie, my Savannah Blue order should arrive tomorrow... Thank you for suggesting that one. I can't wait to sniff!! ????

Debra, you made me laugh about the odd stuff in the refrigerator. My father was the one famous for that - so many different sorts of pickles / jellies / crackers / tamales - but DH is not immune either...sausages..dips...olives...????

Mpfand, how was the Wax Workshoppe Sweater Weather? I'm enjoying that scent lately - and I'm really liking that vendor. ????

Michele, I had forgotten that CFOW Say It With Flours had pretzel in it! - there is a sample of that at home. ????

Honeybear, I will have some Super Tarts clams arriving soon, in scents you recommended... Can't wait. ????

Well this morning it's:

TBG Tunnel of Love - red velvet raspberry cheesecake and rose, beautiful.

TBG The Sultan's Bride - can't find scent notes for this one but there is a citrus zing and I believe banana, very nice.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Good Morning!!

Today is my mom’s first birthday in heaven. I’m going to keep busy today and I’m having lunch with friends.

This morning’s melt is CFOW Fruit Loop Cheesecake. Overnight was CFOW Fantasy. I loved the scent but couldn’t smell it all that much except if I was on that side of the room.

Aria-Hope your son is feeling better. I am on social media but I really hardly ever post. I hate all the politics and just ignore all the TMI overload.

Valerie-That happens to me all the time. I can’t smell the scent when I’m near it but I i walk back into a room I do. Weird.

Amy-Glad you keep your room nicely scented. It’s something to enjoy at the end of a long day.

Enjoy your day everyone!!

Hi all

Michele...I'm sorry...this must be a tough day for you. It's good that you've tried to keep busy today. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Aria..so sorry to hear about your DS's virus...there are some wicked ones going around this year. I hope he is up and running by Thursday!

I'm not on FB but the amount of social media today is insane...taking a break from it can only be a good thing. It also makes a lot of sense to try to use your money for more important things than wax...maybe you just need a break from that too. I don't melt like I used to either and yes, there are times I stop changing the warmers. But most of the time it still brings me happiness and I hope that you can still find some joy in your waxies. ;)

Amy...hope things are going well on your trip! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Debra...I am constantly chucking things from my refrigerator and freezer...although most of my freezer is filled with BREAD! Lol

Honeybear...I have that happen all the time...I think it must be candle nose! When I had the girls over on a Saturday I purposefully didn't refresh the warmers from the day before because I didn't want to overwhelm them....but they all commented on the scent! [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Tonight is

GWW Cone Round Hagrids

Wonderberry in Cinderellas Midnight Dessert...from a sweet pal...wonderful! ❤️

Good morning everyone,

Michele... Thinking of you as you remember your mother. I hope all of the beautiful memories together have helped lift your spirits through this difficult first anniversary. Lots of hugs.

Melting the lovely TBG Juliet, which is champagne, rose and vanilla. Thank you, sweet CF friend.

Have a good day, everyone.

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Michele ~ I’ve been thinking about you, too. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Maggie ~ That is funny about the comments from the peanut gallery. [smilie=th_as]

Debra ~ Yes, I try to eat up things in the refrigerator and freezer, not always successful. [smilie=th_paper-bag] I I hate wasting food.

Susan ~ I haven’t heard of Kae wax. I’m afraid to look though.

Amy ~ I know you will enjoy the Super Tarts. [smilie=yes] I think I did some kind of a preorder box recently, but for the life of me, I can’t remember what’s it for. [smilie=th_laughing]

Been melting ST Impossible Girl in the den for the last three or four nights. We usually hang out in there in the evenings, so I don’t turn the warmer on until late afternoon. Such a good coffee blend! It’s cappuccino, birthday cake, and cotton candy.

ST Lime Lavender ~ Not sure I really like this in the bedroom. It smells more like a laundry room scent.

VCS Cookie Monster Will Never Walk Alone

SB Almond Cake Bites ~ Either I have candle nose, or this is a dud.

Have a nice day!

Helllo All!

Thanks for all the good thoughts all. They are much appreciated.

Melting today Zeep Luke’s Diner. I’m really enjoying this.

Valerie-That ST Impossible Girl sounds wonderful. I love coffee bends.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Michelle - [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Tonight is Scentsy Winter Wonderland. Our winter is finally hitting - possible snow for the next week...23 degrees tonight. :smileysnowangel:

Good morning all,

On my train and headed to the airport. So glad to be going home.

Maggie, my house is the same as yours - still smelling of wax even when I've been gone and nothing was melting for days. ????

Michele, that Zeep Luke's Diner is one of my favorite coffee scents. ☕

Honeybear, I can't always remember what I've ordered, either, but I hope your ST preorder is wonderful.

Debra, I'm happy for you, that you will be getting some snow.❄️❄️

Susan, I love birthday cake scents. ????

Last night I finished off The Bathing Garden Valentine Sampler with an encore of Tunnel of Love: red velvet cake, raspberry cheesecake, and rose glace. Delicious! Thank you sweet CF friend. ????

Enjoy your Friday, everybody.

Good Morning!

Amy-Glad you are heading home today!!

My overnight melt was a sample from ST-Texas Chainsaw. This was wonderful and it’s still going strong this morning. I only used one clamshell cube.

Wonderful!!

Heading out to bowling and lunch with my friends.

Have a great day all!!

Safe travels, Amy! ✈

I've been thinking of you, Michele. [smilie=th_empathy]

Melting a gift from a waxie pal, Fig & Cassis from CFTKR. Excellent earthy type scent. Thank you!

Have a good day everyone, and stay warm. It's currently 28 here. ????

Too chilly for your area, mpfand! We are right behind you at 23...snow expected any day.

Amy, I bet it feels good to be home again!

One of my cats has very candle-ish smelling hair. He smells nice this evening!

In the melter - Cheryl's - Apple Harvest.

Good morning all!

It's beyond wonderful to be home. I have my Velcro cat in my lap as I type this. DH kept things pretty tidy around here and I appreciate that! So tired I could hardly form a thought last night and I slept without moving, awakening this morning to to find a cat balled up in my neck.????

I came home to three small boxes - ST, L3 and Savannah Blue - so it was a Christmas atmosphere opening up all the goodies. Everything smells heavenly. Happily those were not huge orders and overall I do see a dent.

It's cold this morning, 14 F, and I see that much of the country has the same. Mpfand, that is brisk for your neck of the woods. Debra, any snow yet?

Michele, I'm glad you are enjoying your bowling league. Also, I love ST too, once I find my way through her hundreds of choices. Her search function works well, though...if I put in a scent note, it pulls up all the clams with that in it. Very helpful!

Mpfand, that fig and cassis sounds excellent. Carol's wax just continues to amaze me.

Debra, don't you love when our pets are nicely scented? ????

Well having finished TBG Valentine Sampler, this weekend it is Southbound. I have polished off two bags thus far... Happily I had started most of these, so now it is a question of using up what's left in the bags. This will take awhile - many bags! - and I will do it in sections. Southbound is pretty strong right out of the mailbox and these have been curing for several months, so they are potent.

Yesterday it was:

SB Dead of the Night / Witching Hour - lavender, fireside, pink sugar, and marshmallow. I'm not sure I like the pink sugar and fireside together. Lavender and any of the other notes together, yes.

And this morning it's:

SB Strawberry Waffle Cone - bliss. Just bliss. This is one of my favorite scents, anywhere. To me SB has the best strawberry going.

Today I am staying home other than checking on our little cabin down the way. It's a primitive cabin in the woods, lovely setting, electric only, no running water. Composting toilet. A little piece of heaven and I need to check on it.

Have a fine weekend, everyone.

Good Morming!!

Michelle-Thanks for thinking of me.

Amy-sounds like a lot of goodies waiting for you. There’s no place like home. Sounds like you have a fun day planned. That little cabin sounds so cute. So relaxing.

It’s very cold here. It’s 25 degrees this morning. My daughter and I are seeing a movie this afternoon with some friends.

Melting a new to me vendor this morning-L3 Violet, You’re Turning Violet-Blueberry Cobbler Pretzels Blackberry Jam. It’s just getting started but it smells so good already.

Hello All and Happy Saturday!

Amy... [smilie=th_Welcome1-1] Home! I love delivery days and three at once is [smilie=th_cc15]

Susan...ohhh...Unicorn Tears? I'll just hafta look that one up! Do you like it?

Michele...whatcha seeing at the movies? I need a recommendation...itching to go see something and nothing is calling to me. Enjoy!

Mpfand...that scent sounds interesting...and if it's earthy... :sHa_okay:

Debra...I used to love when Daisy's hair would smell like candles! [smilie=th_huganimal]

Late last night and this morning is WoW Bakery Heaven...still great after many years.

And upstairs from a pal...Shared Vacation from Sweet Sage... [smilie=th_fabulous1] Thank you!

Have a great day. :)

[smilie=th_wave]

Susan ~ What a cute name...Unicorn Tears. Sounds like something fruity.

Michele ~ Have fun at the movies! We so rarely go, but have been planning to since we have some passes. Mostly we prefer to watch stuff at home.

Amy ~ Gald you’re home and had lots of goodies waiting for you. So much fun!! [smilie=th_tigger]

ST White Walkers ~ Spearmint, Peppermint, Fresh Mint Leaf and VBN

ST Invisible ~ Cactus & Sea Salt, Pear Slices and Crisp White Tea

Burning GC Funnel Cake and it smells nothing like funnel cake. I’ve had it going every day for the past several days and I’m still trying to decide if I even like it. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Does anyone else do this?

Amy, the snow came on both sides of us but just dusting here. That is good! Just enough to be pretty off and on, not enough to panic about the roads. Do you stay at your cabin? How far away is it? Does it have wax storage? ;)

Honeybear - those scents sound like my types of flavors! :wub:

Michelle - I am also interested in what movie you saw.

Tonight - Waxy Taffy, Watermelon Lemonade.

Off to make chocolate chips cookies at DH request.

Good morning everyone,

Well it's still cold here with nothing to show for it, so much rain and no snow last week. But I imagine it was good for the plants and trees all getting ready for their big show in a couple of months. ????

Maggie... Remind me what WoW is... My son used to play a video game with that acronym and I'm sure that's not where your melts cane from... Inquiring minds...????

Debra, I was reading about all the snow out your way and thought, ahhhhh! Debra has a beautiful blanket of white to look at... Glad that the dusting is giving a good effect, without the problems driving! And chocolate chip cookies... Now those are stuck in my brain...

Michele, clearly we are all eager to hear what you saw at the movies... Update please! Hope it was a good one.

Susan, I've been digging through my stash... Thought I had Mermaid's Tears but no, it was VCS Million Dollar Mermaid... In any case that's a lovely name!

Honeybear, I'm sorry that GC Funnel Cake isn't quite right. I guess my GC are done curing... Time to give those a try.

Well the Southbound bags are steadily decreasing and they are wonderful. So strong and scrumptious. I may re-bag them... There full of such adorable shapes and I can't see them in their white bags.

So it's been:

SB Fruit Loop Milkshake - sweet little white wheels with bright swirls on top - delicious scent.

SB Soda Pop Shop- so bright and colorful, all different summery colors and shapes! And this has to be a new favorite - I will definitely order this lemon-lime, fruity wonderfulness again. I'm sorry to see this bag end.

Off to conquer the laundry. Have a lovely Sunday, all.

Happy Sunday.

Honeybear...yup...I definitely do that with candles...I keep"trying" to like it. On the other hand, with tarts...if it's not for me it's dumped quick. ;)

Debra...glad you got the nice look of winter wonderland without the tricky roads! And...now I'm feeling like making chocolate chip cookies too! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Amy...WoW is World of Wax. They appear to be OOB now but I've got a "few" to tide me over. [smilie=th_200912104451] I'm so sad when these great companies go OOB. Enjoy your laundry day...Sunday is my laundry day too! [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare]

I've been burning lots of Christmas candles this weekend...

B&BW Fresh Balsam

GC Night Before Christmas

GC Classic Christmas Tree

And this morning it's...

Falcor Winter Peppermint Twist by Ten Digit

And from a sweet pal...Southbound Frozen and Silent Night... [smilie=th_teks0311]

Have a nice one. :)