The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

January's Midnight Bells are Bringing New Year Smells

Maggie, I'm sorry to hear about your co-workers loss. :(

Melting a beautiful scent from a talented CF buddy, French Vanilla & Oak. [smilie=thank_you]

Have a good day :)

Sharon - I am certainly celebrating your homeland with these crazy early blooming bulbs! They should pop open any day now.

Didn't we learn, once upon a time, that you had to post X number of times for the emojis to open? I hope I didn't make that up! :sCo_hmmthink:

I had the day off and other than getting the dog walked and having breakfast out, I did not get much accomplished! That could be the sign of a nice day of, I suppose! :flirtysmile4:

I am slowly getting myself talked into trying pretzel scents. Just when I decided not to order for awhile... and Rocket has a restock next week, SGA in the morning. It is fruitless to resist! :sSig_Muahaha:

Today has been Green Tambourine - Happy Hippy. Wonder what happened to this vendor. Maggie? I think you melt these too?

Hello, hello!

Thank you for your kind words regarding my friends sister. It has been very tough for her.

I'm so glad it is Friday although today was a rather easy day. ;) Traveling to see my girls tomorrow...very happy! Been very busy planning my semi-annual get together with all most of the girlfriends I grew up with and my sisters and SIL. We all still live relatively close to one another so it's doable. I always have a theme and the first year it was 1980s Trivia...I've had Bring your Records and Photo albums....this year its Match Game 73. I'm going to be Gene Rayburn and they will get assigned a celebrity once they are seated. Should be fun!

Debra...idk what happened to Happy Hippy...I loved her stuff...her blends were delicious and you got that BIG chunk for less tha $2. I know there was a point when she was having a tough time keeping TAT reasonable but one day she was gone. I don't think I have any of her stuff left. :(

Sharon...your potato leek soup sounds delightful. I've been making soups like crazy this winter and your selection is going to be my next one!????

You guys talking about Pretzel scents is making me so curious! I wonder if I'd like it....I should see if I have anything with pretzel around here. Lol

My Savannah Blue order arrived and I was so imoressed that I ordered more. [smilie=th_paper-bag]

Tonight it's the last of my Zeep Library upstairs [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Yesterdsy it was CFTKR Enchanted Spice from a sweet pal.

Downstairs is Angel Food Cake w/Mulled Cider Embeds & Macintosh Apple Cake Crumbles by Savannah Blue

Goodnight

Good morning everyone!

The wind has finally stopped howling and I'm grateful for that. I just couldn't warm up yesterday. Clemmie the Heater Queen actually stands by the heater now and meows for me to light the kerosene up. ????

Gene Rayburn, er, Maggie, your themed party sounds like so much fun! I love that you all are still getting together and maintaining the friendships. I'm also glad your lively Friday class gave you some peace yesterday. As for Savannah Blue... Oh dear, oh dear.... Her wax is adorable and now you say it smells good too... Oh dear, oh dear!

Debra and Sharon, I know you will enjoy those daffodils. Sharon, I hope you had a fine St Dwynwens day! And Debra - I'm glad you had a relaxing day off. I think we have forgotten the value of rest.

Mfpand, the vanilla and oak sounds so beautiful together. I don't think I've ever smelled that blend.

Well I've come to the end of this week's L3 basket but these last two smell so beautiful that I can't bear to change them out just yet:

L3 Honeydew Melon Lucky Charms Mallo - I love Honeydew in any blend but the sweetness of the cereal and the softness of the Mallo just make this incredible. I wasn't prepared for how very much I would like this one. Going strong now for 24 hours.

And for more than 48 hrs in the bedroom:

L3 Spearmint Sugar Cookies - that is a lower wattage melter in there, one of the small oblong Colonial Candle melters - and scents do last a long time in general in that one, but this one is amazing. A favorite and still beautiful after two days.

So the next round will be SEMO and many of the melts are from last summer into fall.

Enjoy the start to your weekends ladies. ????????????

Good Morning [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Amy....I think I'm liking how you're melting a particular vendor for a week or until it's done. I wonder if I could do that and make a difference....hmmmm. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] I do want to melt some of my SEMO....she's got good stuff. Now I've got to find it. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

The Savannah Blue was still going this morning. I think the Apple in this is a tiny bit too tart for my liking but it's still a good scent.

Ok...off to browse...danger, danger.

Have a good one. ;)

[smilie=th_c55]

Debra ~ I have never ordered from Rockets. I’m interested! [smilie=th_aa17] When is the restock?

Michele ~ Hope you’re having a fun day at the bridal outing!

Maggie ~ Your Match Game sounds like fun. I used to watch that show as a kid when there was nothing else on. That Gene guy always bugged me for some reason though, and so did a few others, like that woman with the giant glasses. LOL I think the humor was a bit too mature for me at the time. [smilie=th_pardon]

I just peeked at Savannah Blue and they do look ???? cute. Free shipping at $25 until tomorrow at 2, if I read correctly. Ruh-roh. :sFun_ahohno:

Enjoying the last few hours with my girls. I have to be at the airport about 6:30. [smilie=th_sad-1]

ST The Office - Vanilla Bean Noel, Sugar Cookie, and World’s Best Boss Coffee (whatever that is...lol)

Have a great day!

I have been holding off on Savannah Blue, but caved - and can you believe it? I forgot to use the free shipping code! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon I would email, but that is so annoying for vendors, so I will just deal with it. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Have a good trip home, Valerie!

Amy, Clemmie looks really big! Is that just the angle? She would be a good lap warmer.

Speaking of Gene Rayburn, this weekend we have been watching the old Carol Burnett shows! I think they are from the 70's.

Tonight it is Scentsationals - Himalayan Pink Salt, one of my favorites. (Jasmine and Eucalyptus)

Forgot to mention - Rocket restock is the 31st!

Good morning all!!

The wind is howling again and it looks like the frigid temps are heading back this way during the week. Truly a more wintry winter than the last few, at least here in Southwest Ohio.

Maggie, I hope you had a wonderful day with your girls yesterday - did you stay over, or drive back already?

Michele, I hope you had a great day in the city - I would love to see your daughter's dress.

Honeybear, welcome home! If the cats are giving you the cold shoulder... Clemmie does this too when I have to travel. They will get over it.

Debra, congrats on your Savannah order! Also, that picture I sent of Clemmie is misleading - it was a selfie and she was right in front of the camera, making her appear larger. She is a very small cat. Actually, I am also much, much smaller than I appear there. ????????????

Sharon, I was thinking about your emojis. Are you on your phone or computer? They are much easier to see on the computer. If you look down at the very bottom, you will see a tiny drop-down box - make sure you're not on the mobile version when at the computer. The full version gives you access to the emojis. I remember Michele and I tried to sort out the emojis on her iPhone and we couldn't do it. I'm not too IT savvy so I'm sorry if this just made everything even more confusing.

Well I'm making my way through the SEMO melts now and yesterday and overnight it was:

SEMO Chin Up Princess (pink sugar, pink chiffon, raspberries) and that was strong and lovely.

SEMO Apple Pie Butter Brickle - a good scent, moderate throw.

I have to say that I am apple-d out, carameled out, and brickled out. Right now these scents make me want to run and hide. I had pulled up too many of those scents lately. This is unfortunate, when I have the largely untouched TBG Apple Collection tapping its foot in the drawer. But the year is young.

Right now all I want is mint, fruit, and even a burst of laundry today:

SEMO Fluffy Towels - washboard and bubbles shapes, adorable, and this is delightful. I am not a big laundry scent fan but this is great - the other one I like being Zeep Beach Towels. Neither has that chlorine note that spoils some of the others for me. Traci doesn't list the scent notes, but the YC version of this says lemon, apple, lavender, and lily. See, that apple snuck in there and is trying to win back favor.

There seem to be a number of lovely restocks going on... Trying not to peek... Failing...

Have a lovely Sunday all!

Good Morning!

Amy- my daughter didn’t have a fitting but her friend did. She’s the maid of honor in this wedding. She is not engaged yet. We really had a wonderful day.

I am sick of the heavy winter scents right now. I’m going to see if I can melt something different today.

Maggie-I like Amy’s idea of a vendor a week too. I made a melting schedule up. Only vendors I have excessive wax from get a week which for me is SGA and VCS.

Debra-I’m eying the Savannah Blue too. When the new customer Sampler is back in stock I will place an order.

Valerie-Glad you are home!

Update: melting VCS Cream Cheese Tara. Delicious!!

Enjoy The day all!

Hi! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Melting Cranberry Oak from Sonoma in the main living areas and in the master is a gift from a thoughtful CF buddy, Lavender Noel Peppermint from Front Porch. [smilie=th_00000020]

Good Sunday Evening [smilie=The_Hi]. Received my SGA order this morning. What an unexpected surprise!

Debra...yay for Savannah Blue. ;)....boo for no free shipping :(. I'm sorry you missed on that...I almost did too. I checked her IG right before I finished checking out. I was in such a rush to reorder...I was whirling. I hope you like them as much as me.

Michele...glad you had a nice time in the city yesterday...the weather wasn't too bad. I think those two vendors are what I have the most of too...but I have so much...I can't be sure. [smilie=yes]

Amy...oh, we have lots of fun, thanks...just wish my eldest came along too. We went out for Chinese food and then went bowling...grabbed some ice cream and ended the night playing poker. Loads of stuffed bellies and lots of laughs. I was never a big laundry scent lover either but sometimes, it's exactly what you need to "cleanse the palate"....lol! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Valerie...yes, I always thought Gene was a bit of a weirdo too and I knew the stuff they said was racy although I didn't understand it. I definitely have to recreate that crazy long microphone!! But Charles Nelson Reilly always made me laugh...love that guy...so it's become a funny memory. I think you're talking about Brett Somers...she was Jack Klugmans wife...not sure what else she was famous for but she was always on a Match Game.

Mpfand....ohhh Cranberry Oak sounds nice! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Tonight is all She Loves Cake...

The Corpse Bride - Spiced Wedding Cake, Strawberry Buttercream and Vanilla lace

Zero the Ghost Dog - Strawberry Cake, Coconut Cream, Mallow Fluff and Vanilla Ice Cream

I came in and read, then forgot to post! I was heading to bed and remembered, so this will be a short one! :wacko:

Yay, Maggie, for a Sunday delivery!

Amy - your selfie comment made me giggle [smilie=th_jaja]

Today's scent - HHS - Pink Lavender Noel.

[smilie=thzzz003]

Sharon, I was thinking about your emojis. Are you on your phone or computer? They are much easier to see on the computer. If you look down at the very bottom, you will see a tiny drop-down box - make sure you're not on the mobile version when at the computer. The full version gives you access to the emojis. I remember Michele and I tried to sort out the emojis on her iPhone and we couldn't do it. I'm not too IT savvy so I'm sorry if this just made everything even more confusing.

Thank you for that, I am on my mobile phone, maybe that is indeed why?

Starting my day off by going for a walk, it's cold here, thankfully no snow.

Will be melting when I get home, not sure what as yet, thinking floral today but no doubt i'll change my mind.

Good morning, you're all asleep as I write this. Minimum 5 hours behind me xx

Hello!

Quiet here today. [smilie=th_cha69]

I pulled out an oldie from the wax cabinet today...Honey Gingerbread from Copper & Kraft...let's see how it does.

[smilie=thzzz003] Goodnight

Good morning all!

Well a fine sleep last night and feel much better. Dessa's Almond Orange Scone was a beautiful night time scent and comforting while away from home.

Our old electrical hobgoblin resurfaced at home and we had a hot socket. Our dear electrical friend is coming to put a baseboard heater in the three season room and a dedicated circuit to that porch. That will be a good long-term solution.

Maggie, the first gingerbread scent I tried was one of Dessa's and I loved it. Your melt sounds beautiful.

Hi Susan! I forget what Big Bird smells like - I had a sample of that - is it a cookie scent?

Debra, I could get used to the PNW. It's so lush... The snow-capped mountains .. Huge fir trees...????????????

Sharon, go down to the bottom of your screen and click "full Version." Then slide all the way to the right... Do the emojis appear? If so, the last thing is to click "Show All." We will figure this out!

Ok I am off to work. My DH says that a mystery package appeared yesterday. Really something to look forward to. ???? Thank you!

Have a great day all.

Hi all!

Maggie ~ Yes, it was Brett Sommers. LOL You have a good memory! And I remember Richard Dawson on there a lot, too. Then they gave him his own show with the Family Feud. But when I look back now, all that kissing seems a little bit gross. [smilie=th_puke]

How was the She Loves Cake wax? Mine is still curing. [smilie=th_pardon]

Debra ~ you’ve got an oldie but goodie with that HHS Pink Lavender Noel. ❤️ I miss Janet!

Sharon ~ I frequently change my mind about what I’m going to met. I have so much wax, it’s hard to decide! [smilie=th_foolish1]

Amy ~ All is well in kittyland. [smilie=th_catkiss] Enjoy your business trip!

Susan ~ You’re reminding me I have CFOW wax tucked away and curing.

Michelle ~ I think I got some Sonoma clams from Kohl’s recently. I had Kohl’s Cash to use up and I got a free set of towels and two clams. One was a lemon something and the other a laundry scent, I think. I’ve never tried them before!

Michele ~ I ended up forgetting about Savannah Blue, so you’ll have to let me know when you see that new customer sampler come up. [smilie=yes]

P.S. I think I saw Kirby say that the pre-orders were going to be shipping out. I better find room. [smilie=th_fear8]

Swanky Lavender Chamomile Salty Sea Air Pink Sugar ~ I cannot express how exquisite this is. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

ST Linda ~ I brought this home from my girls’ place because it wasn’t “dead” yet.

SGA Hello Lover

Burning GC Cinnamon Vanilla, This is so strong and good. No wonder it’s been around forever!

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Good Evening All...

Amy...there is always something that has to be fixed in a house, isn't there? It's so crazy. Glad you have someone you trust to do the work. I just love Honey Gingerbread...it's one of my favs and that old clam did great!

Valerie...the She Loves Cake did great! Nice and strong. I really love her stuff...wish she didn't close up. :(

Susan...what a cute name! What's in that one?

Tonight it's...

Nancy's Spiced Apple ZB

CFTKR Tropical White Musk in my BR that smells so good I want to wear it! Thanks CF pal! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Caramelized Praline Mallow ZB from a talented CF pal...delicious! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] Thanks!

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Maggie, I miss Janet too, I see her niece's (I think it was?) company was sold. I hope they keep some of the goodies! :wub:

My cat has learned how to open the kibble container and she is driving me crazy. [smilie=grrr] I have tried stacking things on the lid - she just knocks them off and keeps going. I am surprised she is clever enough to turn the lid!

Amy - glad you are able to have time to appreciate some of the beauty of the area! There's some spectacular scenery!

Tonight it is Grandma's Homebrew again - Lavender Apple.

Good morning all!

A great sleep. My DH reports that the new baseboard heater is doing the trick in the enclosed porch. Very glad and yes, Maggie! - isn't it true? Homes keep us on our toes!

Debra, that's hilarious that your kitty has figured out how to open up the kibble. They are smarter than they let on!

Honeybear, very glad your furry crew is doing well.

Dessa's has been making this trip sweet-smelling. Last night it was:

Dessa's Cherry Crumble Pie - sweet and delicious.

And this morning it's been:

Dessa's Root Beer Float - one of the best of this scent. Very true and cheerful.

Have a great day, all, and stay warm.

Hi All!!

This has been a crazy week so far. Not much time for melting.

Melting VCS Phantom of the Opera. It’s a good one.

Valerie- I checked yesterday for the Savannah Blue new customer Sampler. It’s still out of stock. I’m sure you will find room for the VCS order.

Amy-I’m glad your trip is going well and you are missing all that freezing weather. Glad you are enjoying your melts.

Stay warm everyone!

Honeybear, I've been really impressed with the Sonoma clams. The Cranberry Oak lasted 2 days!

Melting a gift from a thoughtful CF friend, Be Enchanted Blue Sugar from L3. :wub:

Good Evening...

Debra...that's amazing! Your kitty sure is a clever one!

Mpfand...that sounds like a good scent! ????????

Michele...Phantom of the Opera is one of my favorite VCS scents. ❤️ Btw, I wrote to Amy from Savannah Blue on IG and she said they will be working on getting more samplers in stock. Yay!

Tonight is Pink Peppermint Cookies by SGA

Goodnight all.

I picked up a couple Sonoma clams last week. I have not bought them for quite awhile, but they were calling out to me! Now, if I could find where I put them when I came home! [smilie=th_paper-bag]

We have a chance of snowflakes this Sunday and Monday. I wish that they would would be positive - this "chance of" snow makes me anxious.

Tonight - Apricot Chamomile, SGA

Hello dear everyone,

I hope everyone back East is staying warm. Aria - are you ok up north?

Maggie, I know I would love that Pink Peppermint Cookies. Also, thank you for contacting Savannah Blue because I also would love to get my hands on that sampler.

Debra and Mpfand, I agree on the Sonoma - I had gifties from a sweet CF pal and they were scrumptious.

Michele, I think I have some of that VCS Phantom in my mystery box - will check when I get home.

Last night's dinner was kind of a bust as about half the group went to the wrong restaurant, and in any case it was extremely noisy. But I was really impressed with some of the very STEEP streets here in Vancouver! Nose down!!

Today is the last work day here and tomorrow, weather permitting, I will fly home with a very late arrival in Cincinnati. The crew at home are hunkered down with the subzero temps. My DH is a trooper, keeping all the furry ones happy.

I didn't melt last night because it was so late, but tonight I will melt the last of this Dessa's collection - the pear, mmmm - and report in.

Take care everyone!