The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

January's Midnight Bells are Bringing New Year Smells

Christina, thank you so much for telling us what happened, and for getting the forum back up and running. The only question I have - will the emoji still have colors? Particularly, the little girl with the purple pigtails? [smilie=th_thfoenen]

Lol Amy Jo,

Yes, I will back up all the emoji's prior to the upgrade so I can reinstall them again. The only thing that will change with the upgrade will be the outside colors of the forum. The header and sides etc... I'm not doing the upgrade until the very last second of explosion so hopefully, that won't be for awhile. We shall see. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Christina - thanks a lot. The level of detail in those smaller emoji is amazing - for example, in that one, she blinks, and her little bangs blow in the air from her hairdryer - neither of which was really necessary to get the idea of that emoji, but which make her even more adorable. Thank you for preserving them!! [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Christina- I love this forum! Your plan sounds good to me.

Amy- did you cave for another L3 order? Your Adipose Pretzel sounds heavenly. We went to an Italian restaurant yesterday with DD and her boyfriend. It was really nice. Your snow looks beautiful. DH is headed back to OH tonight. I just hope his plane isn’t delayed because of the weather.

Wax Mirderer? You are too funny.

Maggie- Your latest wreaths look gorgeous!

DD got quite the surprise when she went to her exercise class this morning. Miranda Lambert was in class. Strange but true. She came with someone my daughter knows. Apparently she’s dating her brother.

Just finished melting TBG Jarr of Hearts from the Valentine Sampler. It was a good one. I have SGA Sisters In Pink going in my bedroom. Very pretty. Just put on SGA 3 Ring Circus downstairs. This is Salted Caramel, pretzel, vanilla butter fudge, hazelnut cream and dough boy bakery.

Hope you are all having a good day!

Michele, your Italian dinner sounds fabulous. That's wild that Miranda Lambert was in your daughter's exercise class! And no - I didn't reorder from L3 - although I have been sorely tempted! The Bathing Garden and Southbound also put up Valentine's collections and I am waving my white flag.

Your SGA pretzel scent sounds gorgeous. It's just a pretzel kind of day! ????

Good Evening!

Michele...wow...that funny! I think that would have thrown me off my game...lol. I would have been doing all the exercises wrong! [smilie=th_avatar_4219] And [smilie=th_teks0311] regarding my wreaths! [smilie=th_a194]

Amy...can you believe that Paradox Box melt was still going today...and what a wonderful scent. I think it's patchouli and amber.... [smilie=th_cc15]

Tonight I pulled from my singles jar....

Winter Flannel by CFTKR

Home Sweet Home by CFTKR

Haunted Pumpkin Patch by My Paradox Box

Have a nice night. :)

Good evening!

I am watching the weather reports about all the snow some of you have. Be careful! I hope you don't have to drive anywhere!

I did not give in - I took out my L3 stash and looked to see what all I have. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon I have no reason to order!

That reminds me - on your Paradox Box - where did you find the scent list?

Tonight FP - lavender peppermint noel.

Good morning all!

Well the temps didn't plunge as predicted tonight - it's 14 F right now which actually feels warm compared to yesterday's subzero start. We use kerosene for supplemental heat and it's nice and toasty in here, as well as in the three-season porch - my favorite room, which works just fine in four seasons with the added heater. The sunlight is so beautiful in there and cheerful on these freezing mornings.

In the bathroom, I keep a basket of single melts, mostly vendor samples. Each day, I change that melter, and I've been noticing that some of the tarts have lost their scent. I wonder if that's from being repeatedly exposed to humid conditions during showers. At any rate, I went through and pulled out all the ones that had lost their scent, which were quite a few, at least on cold. That basket is a good bit lighter this morning and I've moved it into the closet.

Maggie, the Paradox Box scents have staying power, don't they? She does a good job. I just noticed her Valentine's candle - absolutely beautiful.

Debra, well done on checking your stash and not ordering! I did manage with just one order during these recent restocks, unheard of for me. Now if I can just stay away from the IG pictures...

Michele, I like the sound of the SGA 3-Ring Circus - salted caramel and pretzel together would be a winner for me.

Well this morning it's:

L3 Strawberry Ice Cream Waffle Cone - back bedroom - wonderful and the strawberry is a lot like Southbound's, which I adore.

L3 Ghost Riders in the Sky + Toffee - caramel, pear, flan, toffee. This is strong and lovely and I would definitely repurchase. Filling the house.

I hope everyone has a good day. Stay warm (and dry)!

Hi All!

Amy-Your porch sounds wonderful! Your scents sound good too.

Debra-I wish I didn’t order this weekend but it was fun. Hope it’s the last harrah.

My orders from Zeep and L3 shipped already. That was really quick.

Have a good night All.

Good evening!

Michelle, that is fast delivery!

AmyJo, I would be really happy that it was not as cold as predicted - my little hummingbird feeders would freeze! :huh:

Tonight - Vanilla Cake and Pine - FP.

Good morning everyone, just had a couple of busy days where I've not had time to change any melts. I've two electric ones on timers so they've been coming on as normal, can't remember what's in them and there's no smell coming from them.

So, time to empty them and I'm going with

Kitchen-Skittles by Darley Llama

Living room- YC Winter Wonder

Happy Wednesday everyone ????

Ps hoow do you get all those emojis? Xx

Hello All!

Sharon...when you post do you see a little smiley face above the box? If so, when you tap him a vertical row of emojis should pop up next to you. Not sure if it works that way for everyone but I hope that helps. ;)

Debra...sadly, I don't think My Paradox Box has a scent list. I only know the scents from stuff I've already purchased.

Amy...your porch sounds lovely. :)

Last night and today is L3 in Blueberry Cranberry Cobbler... [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Have a good one.

Good morning everyone!

Well the snow is all but melted. [smilie=th_smiley-crying] I am, however, enjoying the temperature being above freezing. Eli the snow dog is less impressed. Clemmie wants her heater back on. [smilie=th_anyminute]

Maggie, your L3 berry mix sounds lovely. I am very fond of her blueberry. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Sharon, that Skittles blend sounds intriguing. I do love the fruity blends. I also had trouble with the emoji in the beginning and hope they will reveal themselves to you.

Michele, yes the vendors seem quick to get the orders out the door - my L3 also shipped. Lovely to have a package coming. [smilie=th_yay]

Debra, I love that you are feeding the hummingbirds. What kind do you see out west? Around here we have the Ruby-Throated kind but I'm thinking you have other sorts out there. I remember when my son and I traveled to Arizona a long time ago - business trip - we saw the Rufous Hummingbird and he was a beauty.

Well yesterday and overnight was the L3 pear/caramel blend - so beautiful but very strong, and I have been overwhelmed with caramel of late - the strongest WoofWix last week were the caramel ones - and frankly I need a break from those scents.

So today I've gone for fresh:

L3 Cucumber Spearmint - a big favorite of mine and just what my nose needed this morning.

L3 Spearmint Sugar Cookies - oh my goodness!! How did I not know this existed - absolutely gorgeous! The perfect blend of these two scents!

Enjoy your Wednesdays all - halfway there.... [smilie=th_200912104451]

Good Wednesday Morning !!

Hope everyone is doing well.

I too needed a change from the heavy caramel scents. Melting SGA Tea and Cakes Rose Cream Noel. This is a beautiful scent.

I’m melting SGA this week since I have been neglecting it with all my newer melts and am enjoying everything.

Valerie-Hope you are enjoying your stay with your girls!!

Have a good day all!

[smilie=th_wave] Hey there everyone and a big thank you to Debra for letting me that the board was up and running again! Honestly, I didn't have a clue [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Another big thank you to Christina [smilie=th_aa21] [smilie=th_allah]

Just started another melter with Luke's Diner from Zeep... Coffee, apple cider donuts and vanilla. I mostly just smell coffee.

No orders for me other than the RG pre-order I placed recently. I was tempted to order from SH, but didn't. I'd like to get some brittle in almond coconut zb. Also, Cleanse Your Soul opened back up today so I was browsing over there too lol. [smilie=th_aa17]

Maggie, wonder if you've ordered from Nellie's Acres anytime recently? I used to love her palm wax melts. Looks like she has scoopable wax now too. Her prices are so reasonable! Love her website. [smilie=th_a025]

Welcome back Aria!

I am trying very hard not to order. The problem is that I like to window shop - and the next thing I know a cart is full! [smilie=th_pardon]

Sharon, I hope you are able to locate the emojis!

AmyJo - We have Rufous hummingbirds seasonally, our Anna's stay year around. They are very territorial - I would love to see a group sitting on the feeder, but it is usually one dive-bombing others that try to eat at the feeder. <_>

Tonight it will be Cheryl's Cap'n Crunch Berries - if I clean out my melter!

Good morning all,

Well, after the big warmup yesterday - 50 degree swing from Tues-Wed - this morning it has snowed again. Layers are the answer - pile on, peel off! [smilie=th_pardon]

Michele, how is the SGA going? So many choices...her variety is incredible.

Susan, the Tea & Cakes sounds tasty. I like some of the tea blends.

Aria, sorry the Luke's Diner isn't working for you - one of my favorites from Zeep. How long has it cured?

Debra - Anna's and Rufous Hummingbirds! You are so lucky! And yes...they are not the best in the sharing department...but so beautiful.

Well this morning the L3 Spearmints are just fading in the hotter warmer, still going well in the bulb melters. Honestly these scents were so lovely that it made my entire day happy yesterday. Scent is a powerful thing. [smilie=th_LOVE]

I think I will just change out the hot plate and today it will be Mello Jello Blue Raspberry Icee. I suspect this will be a potent one.

I have to go in to one of the offices today but not until later...still time to melt. Enjoy your day everyone!

Good Morning!

Stopping in for a quick post before work. Gotta head off early to pick up a sympathy card. One of my coworkers sister passed unexpectedly. :(

It's been Scentfully Addicted in Vermont Honey Apple

Ten Digit in Orange Patchoili Bartlett Pear

SGA LeVes Sweater Weather VBN

All wonderful but the Sweater Weather is taking over...strong.

Aria...it's been a while since Nellies but I am always browsing there...I love her stuff...still have a few left from when I went nuts!

Debra...Lolol...I think we all have the same problem with window shopping for wax!

Amy..wow! Snow again after the warmth yesterday? Today is sooooo rainy but it's much warmer too. Strange weather.

Have a great day.

No sign of the emojis as yet.

Hope everyone is well today? Just got back from taking my mum grocery shopping (my weekly ritual) and now making some Potato and Leek soup from scratch.

We've had wintry showers for the last couple of days, the mountains behind me are covered.

Just lit YC Christmas Cookie, I love this smell, it's so cozy. Xx

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Sharon ~ Your soup sounds delicious. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Maggie ~ Sorry to hear about your coworkers sister. [smilie=th_empathy]

Thank you for getting our site back up, Christina. I appreciate your efforts very much! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Aria ~ I was browsing SH recently, but I didn’t see that Almond Coconut Zuchhini. Sounds scrumptious!

Amy ~ You’re almost tempting me to check out L3. :crysmiley1:

Michele ~ I’m having a nice time with my girls. The appointments are all over and now I can relax a little more. Tonight we’re going out for ramen with DD#1’s new boyfriend.

ST Ego ~ Mac Apple and French Baguette (Day 2) ~ We’re all here so little that I’m not getting to melt enough. I will have fun when I get home. I think my SGA order will get there on Saturday, and I get in Saturday night. [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Maggie, I am sorry - best wishes for your friend.

Sharon, hopefully those little critters show up soon!

That is crazy weather, Amy! My daffodil is getting close to blooming! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Tonight - SGA, Pink Chiffon Lavender Birthday Cake,

Good morning ladies!

The wind is howling this morning and the walls are cold. Truly a wild winter. However it is toasty in here, and Clemmie is chasing her little felt mice. She cracks me up - she looks like some sort of ancient predator as she stalks her prey.

Sharon, your potato leek soup sounds so beautiful that I almost packed up and headed your way. [smilie=th_smilies-2] Also - is there somewhere on your screen where it says "Enable Emoji"? Or, a little smiley face up above the screen where you type your reply, like Maggie said - click that. I remember in the beginning I couldn't find them either.

Debra - daffodils?! In January!! Surely making an early appearance.

Honeybear - really, really glad you are getting to spend time with your girls.

Well yesterday my L3 order, the only order I had outstanding, was waiting quietly on the porch, and opposite from the summer, the wax was frozen. I don't imagine that does any harm, does it? At any rate it is all gorgeous and it has its own little basket to cure in. Jennifer says her wax needs two weeks but sometimes I pop it in right out of the packing box and it is fine. It just gets stronger and stronger in the cupboard.

So after work yesterday and overnight it's been:

L3 Mello Jello Blue Raspberry Icee - big bundts - wow, nice and strong - and this one takes me back to the sno-cones I had as a child. It's such a cheerful, fruity scent and a big relief after the caramels of last week. DH loves this one.

and

L3 Jig Saw - clamshell - a giftie from a dear CF friend, thank you! - and this one is cotton candy, pop rocks, and orange zest. Also strong and delicious. So it's a fruit-a-thon around here and I love it.

Next week is travel and I'm thinking Dessa will come along. I have 4 scent shots left from a summer order and will be gone 4 nights - perfect.

Ladies, I wish you a lovely Friday!

Good Friday Morning!

This week flew by.

Amy -What pretzel scents did you get? My L3 Order is scheduled to arrive today. I can’t wait. I was wondering how long the cure time is with that.

This weather is crazy. It was frigid at the beginning of the week and yesterday was 55 degrees. That’s why everyone I know is sick.

You are a busy lady. It’s great you bring your wax along for company.

Melted SGA Sisters In Pink overnight. Just beautiful.

I don’t know what’s going in the downstairs melters yet but I’m sticking with the SGA this week. Yesterday it was SGA Country Berry Hotcakes Coffee House Vanilla Bean Noel from last year’s Coffee Sampler.

I an using an iPad mini and I don’t see the emojis either.

Have a great Friday all!!

Michele, good morning! Here are the pretzel scents that just came from L3:

Blueberry Cobbler Pretzels Blackberry Jam (with the misleading name of Violet, You're Turning Violet) - 4-pack of fluted tarts

Strawberry Jam Mallo Fluff Pretzel - two big bundts.

These both smell gorgeous on cold. I see that I also missed, in the Scoops section:

VCR Tapes - Bread, Donuts, VBN, Pretzels.

I wrote to Jennifer and raved about her Adipose Pretzel, which was just marshmallow and pretzel and just beautiful. She said she loves pretzel scent as well but it's one of those scents that people either love or hate. I loved it from the first piece you sent me. ???????? That Bone Daddy from CFOW was another good one, remember that? We are such a mess. ????????

Sharon, your potato leek soup sounds so beautiful that I almost packed up and headed your way. [smilie=th_smilies-2] Also - is there somewhere on your screen where it says "Enable Emoji"? Or, a little smiley face up above the screen where you type your reply, like Maggie said - click that. I remember in the beginning I couldn't find them either.

Debra - daffodils?! In January!! Surely making an early appearance.

Emojis are enabled, I'm sure they'll turn up eventually, lol

Soup was delicious, you'd have been welcome here.

We have daffodils here too. Too early I know!

Incidentally, Daffodil is our national flower in Wales. Today is also the Welsh Valentines day, St Dwynwens.