The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

January's Midnight Bells are Bringing New Year Smells

Late start for me today, its 2pm in the UK.

Burning Goose Creek Sparkling Woods in the kitchen.

Living room I am melting 1000 Wishes from a UK vendor called Cleaves. Its a dupe of BBWs 1000 Wishes I believe. We don't have BBW in the UK so don't know how authentic it is. I really like it though.

I wish we had BBW here, I belong to another candle group on FB so that's how I know about it. The fragrances sound amazing.

DD was fever free so she went to work, but wasn't feeling well at all. I hate when one of my kids are sick. :( Thanks for the well wishes. :wub:

Melting a gift from a sweet CF friend, Winter Blues from The Bathing Garden. These little gems were Christmas tree shaped with glitter. The blue sugar is dominant and I'm so very happy about that. :D I'm loving this scent, thank you!

Hope everyone is having a good day. [smilie=th_wave]

Hello All...

Mpfand....glad your DD has no fever but hope she starts feeling 100% soon!

Amy...the second round of Woofwix did better than the first. Hope you are settled in.

Sharon...I love B&BW! Glad you are enjoying that dupe.

Michele...what are the notes in Rocky?

Tonight it's...

Colonial New Orleans upstairs

And downstairs it's VCS Friends Don't Lie...nice.

Back to the workshop....

Sharon, the B&BW scents are so good! I am glad that you can find some dups!

Mpfand - mom worry never goes away, does it?

Tonight I have one going that is really a strong one. It was a big chunk and I don't remember other pieces being this strong. Rocket - Blue Sugar Lavender. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Hi All!

Maggie -The scent notes in Rocky are Salted Caramel Cream Cheese and Drizzled Cookie Monster. It was a very good thrower and lasted all day.

Tonight It’s another lavender blend - SGA Lavender Chamomile. My lavender scent from last night lasted all night and day. Thanks to our talented CF friend.

Good morning all!

A long workday yesterday and a full schedule today. Looking forward to a there-day weekend.

Michele, that Rocky scent sounds amazing.

All of these lavender scents you are talking about sound so beautiful.

Mpfand, I'm so very glad your DD is feeling better and that the high fever is gone.

Maggie, good to hear the WoofWix Mac Apple did better. The Bear Claw one lasted a long time, although it wasn't very strong.

Debra and Sharon, I love BBW too!

Today it's CFTKR Raspberry Peppermint Ice Cream, fabulous.

Afternoon all, midday here,

As I'm home all day today I've decided to indulge in candle burning.

YC Peach and Lavender

YC Viva Havana

DW Blackcurrant Pumpkin

The vendors I use don't do many BBW dupes, unfortunately, the do tend to do Lush dupes, which in most cases are amazing. I buy from 4 or 5 vendors here in the UK. X

Hello everyone! :)

Michelle ~ Hope DD is over the worst of it. Be glad you’re still close enough to take care of her. [smilie=th_LOVE] That’s the worst for me with living so far that I can’t help my girls when they’re sick or need me for any other reason. DD#1 told me the other day that the night of her recent breakup, all she wanted to do was get in her car and drive home. [smilie=th_sad-1]

Sharon ~ Glad to see you and happy you didn’t give up on us!

Michele ~ I’m happy the lavender tart did so well for you. Did you notice sleeping better?

Debra ~ That Rocket Blue Sugar Lavender sounds right up my alley. I will not go to the website. LOL

I’m experimenting with chopping up the rest of a Partylite Winter Warmth candle. We’ll see...

Amy ~ We're looking forward to the long weekend as well. I’m glad I didn’t decide to fly out on Monday! I’m a bit nervous about being away from my Heidi Pie, though. She is so spoiled and I can’t imagine how it will be for her. She follows me around like a puppy dog. I’ve asked DH to try and come home for lunch the days I’m gone if at all possible.

P.S. Forgot to report that on Sunday, Heidi’s six month birthday, she officially became a big girl since we put her litter box in the garage where the other kitties go. [smilie=th_yay] It took a lot of practicing for chicken treats to get her to push her head through the flaps. [smilie=th_giggle]

Maggie ~ Can I have the link to your shop, please? I can’t remember the name of it.

VCS Winchester Mystery House - Fresh apples, corn husks, and spice - light, but nice ????

Started a Partylite Woodland Hideaway GloLite candle. There’s supposed to be brighter than other candles for some reason, and believe it or not, they really seem to be.

Happy Friday!

Greetings All...

Oh Honeybear, that story about your DD breaks my heart. Poor girl. [smilie=th_bighug-1] Btw, the picture of your little Heidi on the other site is adorable....she really has the most precious face! My Etsy shop is not stocked right now...I'm currently making inventory...but it's...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWelcomeWreath

Thanks for that scent discription Michele! Sounds yummy.

Sharon....I ❤️ Lush scents....amazing!

Amy...sounds like a scent Haley's had long ago....and I loved it!

Tonight it's a potent one....

Wax Workshoppe Fresh Cut Wood & Fire Roasted Marshmallow...soooo strong!

Have a nice evening! ????

Honeybear - interesting about the brighter candles! Great idea, I have a candle in a dark area of my hall, and I love it when it illuminates the area!

Envious that some of you have a 3 day weekend! I could use a day off. It has been raining pretty hard so it would probably be an indoor weekend, but I would find ways to cope! ;)

Tonight - BL, Cherry Marshmallow.

Good morning ladies!

Well, it is lovely to have the site working again and getting to read in more detail what everyone is up to. Here we are facing a snowstorm with a finishing touch of ice - we shall see if it pans out. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

For those of you with a three-day weekend coming up, isn't it lovely? I could get used to longer breaks...one of these days. Debra, I'm sorry you have to work. :crysmiley1:

Maggie, I am imagining you in your workshop, making your lovely wreaths...give us hints! Valentine's Day? Spring? *details please*

Honeybear, I know you are a great comfort to your girls and I'm happy you'll get to be with them soon. That was indeed heartbreaking to read about your DD's breakup and longing to come home. As for Heidi - well done on encouraging her to use the kitty door! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Susan - the CFOW Cookie Monster sounds luscious. I love Fruity Loops scents and that note tends to take over, doesn't it? Was that one balanced well?

Sharon, how was the YC Peach and Lavender? I don't know if I've smelled those together before. It sounds beautiful.

Well, I am nearly to the end of the WoofWix basket I wanted to try this week. Mixed results. Without naming every single one, here were some trends, at least for me:

Good throw - pipe tobacco, leather, toasted marshmallow blends, very nice and I'm glad the only loaf I bought had these notes.

Medium throw - cider/pumpkin/caramel blends from her Halloween collection. These were lovely and I've saved some for the fall.

No throw at all - Lavender Soda, Blackberry Butter Cookies (so sad because I love, love, love that blend from CFTKR).

The wax is so pretty and since the Halloween collection was ordered later than a lot of the other blends, I'm hoping that she is working on her wax blend and that the throw will improve.

Speaking of which - I read in a review that Ashley from Zeep reformulated her wax blend sometime last year. According to that review, the cure time is much reduced. Has anyone ordered from Zeep lately, and if so, did you find this to be true? I ordered a Christmas sampler from her (and nearly everybody else, *ahem*) and was waiting 3-5 months to try it. Maybe I will pop one in sooner and see.

Finally, and randomly, I started a new puzzle app, Wordscape - it's like Jumble in the newspaper, where you have to unscramble letters to form words - and I'm a bit obsessed with it. Now I can hardly look at any word anywhere without turning the letters all around. I'm not sure if that is a good thing.

Have a fine day all and if storms are headed your way, be careful out there.

[smilie=th_autumboy] Hi everyone. Candle going today: Lemon Butter Pound Cake by Cheerful Candle.

Amyjo, I could smell the fruit loops on cold but not when I melted it, got mostly a warm vanilla scent. Have a great Saturday and stay warm.

Honeybear, I'm so sorry your DD is hurting. The distance does make it harder....glad you'll be seeing them soon!

Peach and lavender sounds like a wonderful combination.

Melting a gift today, Winter Palace from Southbound. Thank you, candle buddy!

I hope none of you are iced or snowed in this weekend. It is just crazy - so warm here that my daffodils are coming up and starting to bud. Hopefully we don't have a cold snap now! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

I agree, the peach and lavender does sound like a good combo. Wonder why I haven't found that somewhere along the line! :sCo_hmmthink: I remember how much I liked Lavender Shortbread - that has been a hard one to find again.

Tonight - anyone remember Grandma's Home Brewed? Scent - Lavender Apple.

Good Evening All...

Thanks Sharon! You are very kind! [smilie=thank_you]

Debra...wow...the daffodils are coming up? Amazing! And I do remember hearing about Grandmas Homebrewed although never ordered there.

Amy...made a few St. Pattys...one is for a friend...a Valentine or two....making some Easter and Spring wreaths as well. [smilie=th_aa17] So glad I have Monday off to work.

Been burning lots of Christmas candles today but blew them out to enjoy CFTKR Amish Friendship Bread.

Goodnight all...stay safe everyone!

Well good morning dear everyone!

We actually got some decent snow, about 3" with some ice underneath. It looks so beautiful, and of course Eli who is half Pyrenees is delighted. The beagles, less so. I am thrilled to see real winter weather. It is cold but the wind has stopped howling. [smilie=th_autumboy] We had "snow thunder" last night and it sounded like a cannon going off.

Maggie, I'm so glad to hear you are making Spring wreaths... My goal is to have a Maggie wreath for every season. ????

Debra, looking at this tundra outside, I can't imagine you have daffodils coming up. [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] I think the weather globally is all confused!

This is L3 week so today it's an orange celebration:

L3 Cream Cheese Frosting Hostess Orange Cupcakes - I may not be able to leave the house today because this is so luscious...I will just sit and inhale this loveliness. I hadn't melted this one before and ohhhhh.

L3 Clementine 7-Up Poundcake - a giftie from a dear CF pal, thank you! - and this one is so strong, the second pack from a double bundt pack. These bundts are so big and the scent lasts forever. I am in orange heaven. [smilie=th_LOVE]

And I certainly didn't let a little piddling detail like an already-full drawer of L3 stop me from placing another order yesterday at the restock. Pretzels and mints and vanilla lace, oh my!

Well those of you getting snow and ice, do be careful. For those of you being pelted with rain (Maggie? Michele? Debra?), stay dry!

Good Morning!

Yes Amy we are being pelted with rain. No snow here and that’s fine with me.

Melting SGA Patty Cakes- a blend of Pink Sugar, Strawberry, Cookie Monster and Birthday.

I placed multiple small orders yesterday. Hopefully that’s out of my system now and back to melting what I have. Enjoy your new order Amy!

I would like a Spring Maggie wreath too.

Debra- I can’t imagine daffodils coming up in January. Your weather is so different from ours.

We are going out to dinner later. This should be a nice relaxing day.

Yep, lots of rain! Warmer this winter than the past couple of years and that is OK with me!

Michele - we need details! Do tell about your orders! :)

I have been to the L3 site too many times...no purchase yet, but it seems inevitable! :huh: Maybe if I just go through my current L3 stash this will blow over.

Today it is Cheryl's: Rose/Musk/Raspberry blend.

Hey Candlefiders!!

So sorry for the super long delay getting the forum back up. What a total MESS!!!! Long story short... my hosting company I moved Candlefind to 3 months ago up and went POOF on New Years day and that meant the entire data that "is" Candlefind was held hostage. It took days to get it all back and then the forum was messed up when it got moved and it took even longer to fix that.

So here is what will likely happen with the forum.... I'm eventually going to have to upgrade the entire forum to the updated software version. I've been procrastinating doing it because the design (cute girl above, colors) will be gone and I'm not sure I can get it back. So, when I do it, I'll just change the colors to match the site but it will just look a little more plain.

You guys good with that?

Good Morning and [smilie=th_Hello_] Christina! Thanks for getting the forum back up...it was so strange without it! Your plan sounds good to me! [smilie=th_aa17]

LOL Amy and Michele...you guys are so sweet! [smilie=th_aa18]

Debra...how are you doing with resisting L3? I've avoided it so far but not out of the woods yet....

I put on My Paradox Box in Spellbook Poison last night and I still smell it this morning...such a lovely earthy scent. Brings me some peace. [smilie=cloud_9]

Have a great day. I'm staying inside as long as I can...weather report says it feels like -10 degrees although it's actually a warm 7. [smilie=eek]

Good morning ladies!

Well the snow is lovely blanketing the fields by us and everything is very quiet. It was -3 F true temp this morning and now has risen to 6 F - "we're havin' a heat wave..." Driving to the hospital yesterday was dicey indeed, as it was too cold for the salt to melt anything. I have 4WD and that helped, but it's an hour each way and I was exhausted last night. So I missed the eclipse :crysmiley1: - who saw it? The pictures look incredible.

Christina, thank you so much for telling us what happened, and for getting the forum back up and running. The only question I have - will the emoji still have colors? Particularly, the little girl with the purple pigtails? [smilie=th_thfoenen]

Maggie, your Paradox Box Spellbook Poison sounds lovely. I have enjoyed a beautiful candle from that vendor over many evenings. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Michele, that SGA Patty Cakes sounds right up my alley...Pink sugar and cookie monster together? Come to mama...I must not, must not go on that website. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] Where did you and your DH go out to dinner? *details please*

Debra, did you end up ordering from L3? I keep going back...never a wise thing to do...

Well the orange L3 scents from yesterday were still going strong after 24 hours but the Wax Murderer swept in and changed them. :sEm_blush7: Continuing on through the L3 basket, this morning it's:

L3 Adipose Pretzel - pretzel and marshmallow - ohhh, the next time Jennifer puts this on the website, I will have to order it in bulk. Pretzel perfection.

L3 Top Gun - in the back bedroom - Clean Steel, Barbershop, and fresh linen - I love this, very refreshing. I have liked all of the steel scents - CFOW sent a Stainless Steel sample once and it was also fresh and lovely.

Stay warm everyone!