The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Jingle Bells, My House Smells!

Speaking of kitties, mine are hiding under the tree, so far no attempts to climb!

Those videos of cats on Christmas trees - and falling - are so funny! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Hooray for getting home AmyJo! I am such a home body!

Tonight it is AmbiEscents - Santa's Sugar Cookies.

Good Morning Everyone!

My luncheon was a success! I gave everyone a candles and a hand wash from BBW. They all loved it.

This morning is my bowling league and we all have to bowl In our Christmas pajamas. This should be interesting.

Melt this morning is TCC Christmas Donuts and Eggnog from a sweet CF friend. I am loving this. I’m a big fan of eggnog scents.

Honeybear-Glad DD#2 is home. My DH is coming home tonight for 15 days.

AmyJo-Glad you are home.

Have a great day all!

Good morning all!!

I'm at the airport. Flight slightly delayed, I guess due to all the rain, but no matter. I am headed home. I have been through the security beatings, was inspected by a very cute drug dog, was allowed to live, and am now relaxing and drinking a green smoothie. ????

Susan, see you next year! Merry Christmas!

Maggie, you must be a busy bee this week - hope all is well.

Michele, that is extremely dear of you to host yet another Christmas party for your dad and his aides. I love how, shortly before these events, you say, "I'm looking forward to it." I would have to be hospitalized. You blow me away!!

Mpfand. You were so kind to treat your parents to happy times. Such a sweetie. ????

Honeybear, you know I can't wait to see DH and all the furry crew. As for FP mystery tarts...it's best that some things remain a mystery. ????

Debra, for this very reason I am not putting any presents out, and did not put up a tree beyond the ceramic one. Clemmie and her nails are not to be trusted!

I didn't melt last night.... It was a terrifying two hour drive to the airport hotel in pouring rain with car headlights coming at me the whole way so I just fell into bed.

DH is reporting that multiple boxes have been delivered, some of which are mysterious and I suspect gifties from certain sweet people... So I am quite excited to get home and open them!!!

Have a lovely day everyone and stay dry if you too are getting downpours!

Edited - Michele, your post slipped in ahead of mine - I love, love, love the idea of you all bowling in your Christmas pajamas. That's my kind of league. And excellent choice of gifts - I adore BBW hand soap and *may* have ordered a few this week. Enjoy your league!!

Hello ????

Michele ~ Bowling in pajamas sounds like so much fun! [smilie=yes]

Debra ~ Cute that your kitties are hiding under the tree. Mine loved lounging under there until they got chased out by the presents. [smilie=th_giggle]

Amy ~ Travel safely home. Then you can breathe a huge sigh of relief. [smilie=th_empathy]

ST Die Hard ~ Pine Needles and Sugar Cookie

ST Rosalie ~ This Twisted Peppermint and Coconut Cream Pie blend is AMAZING.

Burning YC Christmas Cookie.

Have a nice day. ❤️

Hello all! Flight delayed 3 hours but I'm so excited!! Christmas is coming!!! ????????????

I wonder if they would let me melt here in the terminal? I promise to use Christmas scents...

Bowling in pj's? Sign me up! :D

Amy, I'm sure no one would mind. ;)

Melting Christmas Tree from Zeep. Really enjoying the mint and tree blends this year.

Have a good day, everyone. ????

Hello All!

Glad to finally be on my "vacation...not really a vacation". I am almost done with shopping although some things will be late....it's ok...I'll put a picture of those things under the tree. Lol.

Welcome home, Amy!! Glad you are home safe and sound!

Michele...bowling in pjs? Lololol Too cute! Glad DH is coming home!

Debra and Honeybear...I miss seeing my Daisy under the tree...I suppose those lights kept her warm. I put a stuffed animal under there to remind me of her.???? Honeybear...so glad for you that DD is home!

Mpfand...I'm happy you got to spend time with your folks...a blessing. ????

Yesterday was Blue Spruce Peppermint Twist Pipe Tobacco by Ten Digit

Today is Sweater Weather by STW

Goodnight

Michele, I bet you will get to see some really cute jammies! I would have to go shopping first! ;)

AmyJo, I hope you are home by now! You were a good sport about the delays.

Maggie, missing your Daisy is hard! Especially when you see things that are fun little remembrances of their little habits. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Tonight - L3 - Holiday Road

Thank you Debra! :thwetkissf:

Although the sweater weather was blowing me out of the house yesterday, I don't smell much this morning (candle nose, I'm sure) so I switched to...

Dessa's A Woodland Christmas

Dessa's Christmas Tree

10 Digit Falcor-Christmas Cheer-Frasier Fir

And upstairs it's CFTKR Country Christmas

Have a good one. :)

Hello dear ladies!

HOME and so happy! It was a very bumpy flight yesterday with the wind and rain, but hallelujah, home at last. [smilie=th_smilies-2] The dogs nearly broke the door down saying hello. Clemmie is being sweet but a little bit of cold shoulder, LOL. I have not been forgiven for leaving yet.

Dear Maggie, my heart goes out to you missing little Daisy. A big hug to you. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Also, hope your "vacation" actually has some rest time...

Debra, I would also have to go shopping before we can go bowling with Michele. My nighttime attire can be made up of strange combinations, depending upon how cold it is. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] TMI

Michele, I hope you are relaxing a bit! That goes for everybody! [smilie=th_hema1]

Mpfand, I agree with you - the mint blends are so great. [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

well I arrived home to beautiful packages and gifties and I am "drowning in wax happiness:" [smilie=th_teks0311]

Dessa's Cinnamon Pine Cones - from a gorgeous sampler of adorable shapes from a generous CF friend - THANK YOU!!

Homemade Butter Rum Spice Cake - from a beautiful homemade set by a talented CF friend - THANK YOU!!

Also the L3 set of all different blue sugar scents came and my goodness, so fabulous.

Have a lovely Saturday all and enjoy the anticipation! We are planning trips to the Aquarium to pat the little rays, the Zoo to see Fiona the baby hippo, and to the various light shows around town. [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Sounds like a busy weekend for you AmyJo! It all sounds fun. I love the softness of the rays in our Aquarium!

Maggie, I think I usually have candlenose Saturday night after melting all day. It is so annoying! All these things to melt, time to do it, and nada! [smilie=th_fear8]

The rain has started again...awhile back it looked like rain and snow showers were coming, but the snow forecasted has gone Poof!

Tonight it is Dessa's Cranberry and Cornbread.

Good morning all!

The days have started getting longer again. [smilie=th_LOVE] That said, there was frost on the little arborvitae this morning, which they seemed happy about.

Debra, you are absolutely right, we could never do all those things in one weekend - they will be stretched out over the next two weeks. I'm truly sorry that your snow forecast disappeared. But the week is young. [smilie=th_autumboy]

It has been a melt-a-thon around here. Since last night, it has been a fruity/citrusy/sweet theme, and the following have been on rotation: [smilie=th_ahaaha]

ST Wonderful Life - peppermint, frosted grapefruit, orange, pink sugar, vanilla ice cream. I am loving this. The verdict is still out whether this is better than the OPT grapefruit version (Tinsel Tree) or not. Edited - I think the pink sugar could have been left out. OPT wins.

TBG Fantasy Punch - orange, cognac, lime. I wasn't sure on cold but it is lovely melting. Edited - this got weird with time. I think the cognac and the lime together don't work for me.

Dessa's Sugar Plum Fairies - a lovely giftie from a sweet CF pal - sugared plums, Christmas tree, holiday spices - absolutely gorgeous. This sampler is wonderful. THANK YOU!

SB Snow Candy - this smells exactly like the fruity snow-cones I used to get at a local woods when I was very little. It started throwing the second it hit the melter and I actually have had to turn it off because it was taking over the whole house.

Homemade Ribbon Candy - a beautiful giftie from a talented CF buddy! - so sweet and delicious. THANK YOU!

ST Yukon - orange, tangerine, apple, vanilla bean. This one could be a favorite.

YC Home Sweet Home - in the new little cube format - I love this beautiful cinnamony scent but had to turn it off, also overpoweringly strong way back in my office. The dogs were coughing, LOL.

I hope everyone is enjoying this weekend. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is doing well. I had some wonderful down time yesterday and then last night went to see Second Act with DH and DD.

Amy- I am always amazed at how much you get to melt. I’m so much slower than you in melting. Lucky. You sound like you have a fun weekend planned.

Maggie - So sorry you are missing your Daisy.

I melted VCS Lavender Blue Christmas yesterday and loved it. Today’s melt is VCS White Christmas. I am loving these scents. Very strong too.

We are going to my DH’s cousin’s Christmas party this afternoon. It should be nice.

Have a great day all!

Darn! I thought I posted yesterday! :o I must have forgotten to hit post.

How's everyone doing?! I've been busy doing last minute running around. Did the last of my grocery shopping late last night, and was so proud of myself, but DD#2 wasn't pleased that I took too long in the store (she didn't want to go in so waited in the car [smilie=th_fear8] ).

Maggie ~ So sorry you're missing your precious Daisy. I know that is hard. [smilie=th_empathy]

BL Mrs. Crachit's Eggnog Pie

ST Holiday Inn still going strong today

Scentsy Lavender & White Balsam

CFTKR Holiday Pomegranate ~ a gift from a sweet CF Pal [smilie=thank_you]

Burning YC North Pole

Have a good night, all! We picked up DD#1 from the airport today and our family is together for the first time in this house since moving in last January. Loving every minute of this. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Good Evening All and thank you Amy, Michele and Honeybear. :thwetkissf: I think I will miss her forever.

Amy...you've got so many yummy scents going! So glad you are home and back to normalcy

:sHa_okay: although the thought of your turbulence is my greatest nightmare. :icon_cry:

Honeybear...yay!! Both DDs in the house!! :thyay:

Michele...hope you had a lovely time at DHs cousins Christmas Party.

Debra...can you imagine if all that rain was SNOW?? :sHa_woot:

Today has been Mrs Claus' Christmas Cookies by Wax Workshoppe....yummy.

Goodnight.

Honeybear, the Lavender Scentsy scent sounds interesting! I hope you have a great time with your family!

Maggie, I am very, very, very happy that all that moisture is rain not snow! Our poor city is not set up for much more than a dusting! <_>

AmyJo, that is a lovely melting list! I still need to find the perfect melter to replace my one that went kaput!

Michele - how was the jammie bowling? [smilie=th_aola]

Tonight it is SGA - Mistletoe.

Good morning ladies and Merry Christmas Eve!

The moon has been gorgeous the last couple of nights. I do love to go outside and gaze - the trees look so beautiful in the moonlight. [smilie=th_LOVE] I woke up wide awake at 1:30 this morning and have been puttering around. Now I am sleepy again but I have things to do today. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

I am baking eggplant parmigiana for tomorrow so today I am going shopping. I will probably prepare the eggplants this evening and then make the red sauce, assemble with the cheeses and basil, and bake in the morning.

Maggie, if you aren't a fan of airplane turbulence (and who is??), that wouldn't have been your favorite flight. I just keep telling myself, there's nothing to hit up here...it's just clouds... :o

Debra, I hope that a tiny bit of that rain will turn into a dusting of snow for your Christmas!

Michele - we need details on the PJ Bowl - and I was thrilled to see that you took some downtime a couple of days ago. I hope DH's cousin's party was fun yesterday.

Honeybear - I am so happy for you, to have both daughters home and everybody finally together. What a gift for Christmas!

Mpfand, I haven't tried that Scentsy scent yet, but I really am enjoying the ones I have so far.

Well those scents from yesterday had some staying power!

This morning I've changed things up a bit:

SB Winter Palace - pink sugar, plums, dark cherries, oranges, peppery woods - Michele, I agree with you, this is a favorite.

YC Balsam & Cedar - the classic - one little cube and very strong and lovely, back in the office.

ST Frosty - Twisted Peppermint & sugar milk - excellent. This is from yesterday and still going strong.

ST Alfie - marshmallow, candy cane, Christmas cookies - wonderful. I love the cookie scents!

I hope everyone has a beautiful Christmas Eve!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE

Amy...that sounds yummy! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] Although I'm sorry you are not getting sleep...maybe you can grab a few winks later today. Oh that turbulence...I can't think logically when it happens. My brain comes up with many scenarios that are probably not possible but terrify me. Even the slightest bumps make me feel that I'm going to fall out of the sky. I always say...It's not natural for a human to be sitting in a chair flying through the sky. [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Debra...thinking of lots of snow makes me happy although right before Christmas is probably not the best time...glad you didn't get it after all. [smilie=th_200912104451]

My DS took the family out for a lovely dinner last night...what a nice evening it was. [smilie=th_00000020]

Still have a bunch of stuff to get done...better get moving soon. ;)

It's Colonial Balsam Fir...a wonderful scent.

Have a great day. :)

Merry Christmas Eve, candle buddies :wub:

Amy, set an extra place, I'm on my way over. ;) Hope you were able to get a quick nap!

Maggie, sounds like a wonderful evening. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Honeybear, I know you're soaking up every minute with your DD's. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Melting gifts from sweet CF friends, Merry and Bright from Pour Girls Wax and Santa Snacks from Southbound. Really enjoying both of these. [smilie=th_teks0311]

AmyJo - getting up that early made for a very long day for you! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Maggie, I agree!! I think of people sailing through the air in a "tin can"! How can that work? :huh:

I hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas!

Tonight is it minor melting - the DS that complains about his clothes smelling like candles is here...Cheryl's Christmas Past in the back room. I have to go back there to sniff! ;)

Merry Christmas, everyone!

What a beautiful morning - the moon has just a bit of fog around and it looks a bit mysterious. The air is so fresh and crisp - lovely start to the day.

The eggplant is coming along nicely and it smells pretty good. Mpfand - and everybody else - you are all welcome - I seem to have made more than usual [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon - so there is plenty for everyone.

Maggie, how lovely that your DS took you all out to dinner! What a thoughtful young man!

Debra, yes it was a long day yesterday, although a good one. We went around to all the neighbors' and traded small gifts as we always do. We are richly blessed with this little community - such great people, mostly empty nesters, and everybody keeping an eye out for each other.

Michele, I meant to say yesterday that your VCS melts sounded beautiful!

I'm not melting today [smilie=th_sSig_what] - I want to smell the food! Once evening comes, I will fire everything back up.

One of my favorite presents this Christmas is all of you - I look forward to reading what each and every one of you has to say each day. I'm very grateful that our "little hobby" has also brought so many delightful people into my life. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Have a blessed and beautiful Christmas, everyone.

Merry Christmas to all you sweet ladies! [smilie=group_hug]

I hope you're all enjoying the day with loved ones.

Melting Christmas Cottage from Scentsy. [smilie=cloud_9]

Merry Christmas, my sweet scent-loving friends! ????

Just popping in for a quick helllo.

I didn’t sleep well last night and don’t feel well, but I’ve been busy most of the day. Christmas is a lot of work! I’m taking a break before I have to get more of the dinner going.

Melting Christmas stuff all over the place, but my favorite that seems to be overtaking everything else is a small Gold Canyon jar candle in Days of Christmas. What a powerhouse scent!

Hope you all are enjoying Christmas. [smilie=group_hug]

It has been a busy day! Beautiful sunshine outside, very unusual, but it made travel easy!

I hope you get a good night's sleep honeybear. I had a similar issue - but it was due to 3 cats trying to snuggle. They pin down the covers and I can't move, and if I move them, they wait a bit and come right back to the warm spot and lay down again. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

AmyJo - it sounds like you live in a wonderful neighborhood. It would make the Holidays more fun to be able to visit like that!

Today it is SGA - Saucy Santa (minty)