The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Jingle Bells, My House Smells!

Good morning ladies!!

An early day today. I went to the laundromat by 5:30 so I could get all the laundry finished before yet another trip this week. I also finished the shopping for all the neighbors. We usually trade bottles of wine and dog treats. ????

Clemmie is rocketing around the house this morning, enjoying the warmer weather.

Honeybear - I'm glad you are laughing again and if the particulars of Montgomery's constitutionals helped in that regard, I am grateful. ????

Michele, I'm glad you will have some time to relax this week after all your efforts! And congratulations to your daughter - what a wonderful prize!!

Debra, yes I agree with you - turning the scent on and off definitely seems to weaken a lot of the melts, especially the harder wax. With the softer waxes, I don't notice this as much.

Mpfand, congratulations on putting a big dent in your wrapping!

Well this morning it's:

TBG Polar Cookies - I can't find any scent description for this one but it smells like cookies and a bit of mint, lovely.

TBG Coffee Sprinkles - espresso, cinnamon rolls, caramel butterscotch chips. This one is just getting rolling.

SEMO Strawberry Mint - refreshing in the bathroom.

Have a good day all.

Good morn ladies. Melting today: White Out by Satin Suzie

Northern Lights by Satin Suzie.

I arrived to my assignment before it started snowing I worked on Sunday from 8 am to 10 am on Monday. I did two extra shifts because no one could get in or out. If you are doing a client that has 24 hours care, and you are there and no else can get there, then you have to stay. I had taken extra things with me, client and I watched t.v and got along fine. I was so happy we didn't loose power.

Have a great day.

Hello All! I've gotten a ton of stuff done but lots more to go...

Susan...oh my gosh....that's a long time on the job but you are a very caring person to do it with snow and all! Wow. I'm so glad you didn't loose power which would have been so much worse.

Amy...thanks! The concerts are done and they went very well!! Yay!

Michele...70 cards? Wowie. I used to send a ton but it has dwindled done to 30 and that feels like a lot of writing! Congrats on getting a lot done!!

Debra...sorry about your candle-aire...but I know what you mean about the tea lights.

Honeybear...thanks. The old DH has decided to take off work when my break begins... [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] [smilie=th_cray]

It's Honey Gingerbread by CFTKR....love this scent!

Have a nice evening.

Good morning all,

Happy Sunday to you!

Susan, you are so dedicated .. Your clients are so lucky to have you as a caretaker.

Maggie! What a relief, to have the concerts behind you - I'm so glad they went well. ???????? Maybe something will come up at your DH's work?? We all need some alone time.

Tonight I have to go on another little trip but it isn't too far away, hallelujah .. Back Friday. I have packed a tea light melter and an assortment of TBG samples. Those are small and easy to melt. *Sigh* duty calls.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Good Morning!

Amy...you are so busy, busy, busy! Safe travels to you and glad it's not too far this time! :)

I made a big dent in my "things to do" list but I've got more to get done...the positive is that I've got a week to get most of it done which is wonderful. My tree still isn't done but it's got lights and 12 dragonfly/butterfly ornaments on it...and I'm good with that. The lights are my favorite part but it does need the angel at the top!

This morning it's a new favorite...

GWW Rarified Air...a nice blend.

Have a great day. ;)

Hi there.

Susan ~ Yes, good thing the power didn’t go out.

Amy ~ Safe travels!

BL The Year Without A Santa Claus ~ Gingerbread Pumpkin Caramel Pretzel Bake

Zeep Wine and Dine

Zeep Sweetheart

I finally got our tree decorated yesterday, and my next goal is to have presents wrapped under the tree by Thursday when DD#2 gets here. No pressure here.

Susan, how great that you were prepared to stay! You think ahead! [smilie=th_yay]

AmyJo, good that it is a short trip, it is a busy time to be away.

This weekend was soooo busy with the office party, the brunch bunch, and a security alarm went off in my office at 2 am Saturday...so guess who they call? After all was said and done, I think it was a glitch of some sort. It is was a long day. [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]

Tonight it is SLC - Christmas Peppermint Bark.

Good morning all,

Maggie -your dragonfly tree sounds beautiful! Good to hear that the GWW melt is lovely - haven't tried that scent yet.

Honeybear - good for you, to enjoy the season but minimize the stress!!

Debra - being called at 2 am - never a good thing, especially for a glitch! I hope you can catch up on your rest

Last night in the hotel - TBG Christmas Woods, absolutely beautiful.

Have a great day all

AmyJo, yay for short business trips!

Maggie, you are ahead of me in tree decorating! I have it up, but know my family wants to help decorate, so it is sitting all bare in the corner until they are available. [smilie=th_pardon]

Tonight I am lazy - just burning an old YC candle - Nutcracker.

Good Morning!

Amy-Hope your trip is going well. My DD is away on business until Thursday. It’s such a busy time of year to be away.

Maggie- Your tree sounds beautiful.

Honeybear- you sound like you are in great shape.

Debra- everything will get done.

Today I am delivering some of my presents and buying my last few. Tonight I’m going to wrap them and then I am going to finish up the stocking stuffers tomorrow.

Yesterday I melted VCS Amuck, Amuck, Edelveiss, I’m a Mouse...Duh and this morning I’m starting off with SB Snow Candy from a thoughtful CF friend. This is starting to fill up the house.

Have a great day all!

Good morning ladies!!

So far so good on this trip - interesting work.

Michele, I'm sorry your DH and DD are both away. I also need to finish buying the last few presents. We will have it done soon!

Mpfand, I love gingerbread, so that sounds like a lovely scent.

Susan - cranberry and orange together are high on my list of good scents.

Debra - lovely that your family will help decorate the tree!!

Well last night it was late when I finally got back to the hotel but I melted SB Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream overnight. It's a lovely scent but kind of light, unusual for this vendor. Cured three months so I guess that was just a light one.

Updated - I am happy to report that although I'm in a factory setting this week, there is Bath & Body Works foaming soap in the bathroom, Black Cherry & Merlot scent, so somebody around here has good taste. ????

Stay warm all!

Amy, little touchs like good smelling hand soap really do make a difference. ????

Today is college graduation for DS. He starts grad school in the spring. What a milestone.....we're so proud of him. ????‍????

Melting Northpole from PFOP from a sweet CF friend. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Congrats to your DS, Mpfand! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

AmyJo ~ [smilie=th_LaLaLa]

Debra ~ Sorry you were the recipient of a middle of the night phone call. Hope you didn't have to get up too early in the morning.

Michele ~ You are the Christmas queen.

VCS Spoonful of Cookie Monster

Zeep The Baker’s Wife

Burning PL Balsam Snow.

Have a good night.

Good Morning All!

I am finally done with my Wreath Sales....lugging boxes of wreaths in the car was a bit tiring but they went very well, I'm happy to report! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04 I am grateful!

Debra..wow..being woken up at 2am for an alarm isn't easy....and it was a glitch? [smilie=th_talktothehand] Hope you ended up being able to fall back sleep.

Mpfand...Congrats to your DS!! [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Amy...glad the week is going well....your place is stocked with B&BW but..... [smilie=th_ee29] regarding OPT....can't look....can't look...

It's Ten Digit Papas Cabin Cran Cider Orange Clove

Have a great day!

Good Morning!!

Honeybear-LOL. Actually I find Christmas loads of work and feel that when I am done with all the shopping and wrapping it’s almost over. There isn’t enough time to enjoy it.

I’m heading out to finish up soon. I just want to be done at this point.

Maggie- Glad the wreath sales went well. You are very talented!!

Debra - being woken at 2 am for that alarm was horrible.

Amy-it’s good that someone has some good taste there.

This morning I’m melting SGA The Gingerbread Man. I must say that all the scents from this vendor have great throws. When I get my stash from this vendor down a bit I will place an order again.

Have a great day all!

Good morning everyone,

The week is going well. I was able to move my return flight up to Friday morning. I will be extremely happy to come home.

Honeybear, I absolutely love that you have dubbed Michele "The Christmas Queen." [smilie=th_c61] Michele, you have done a ton of work and I hope you will take time to sit down, look at all those twinkling lights, and breathe a big sigh of contentment. You have earned it!

Maggie, I'm so excited that you have completed your wreath sales and that it was a big success, congratulations!! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] As you know I am a big fan of your beautiful work and it makes me happy to think of many homes being made more lovely by the work of your hands.

Mpfand - congratulations, congratulations to your DS on his college graduation!! What a huge landmark - for him and for you. What a beautiful Christmas present! [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Even though the week is going well - I'm homesick. Melting at night has helped, plus I have bought my special goat milk soap that a friend makes - pumpkin spice - so creamy, wow it's amazing. I *may* have also placed a few smaller waxie orders this week:

L3 - an assortment of blue sugar scents

OPT clearance - some chunks plus a repeat of the Christmas snowflakes to get that delicious grapefruit Tinsel Tree

Wax Workshoppe - a Holiday bag of samples.

So there you have it. Last night it was:

TBG Winter Palace - ohhhhh so lovely - I have her sugar scrub in this at home - French lavender, winter berries, vanilla, pomegranate, strawberries, peppermint, tea, pink sugar. This has to be one of my very favorite scents.

Take care everyone - very cold today - stay warm. [smilie=th_autumboy]

Oh gosh, I just erased my whole post. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

AmyJo, I cracked up that you had a "lunchtime"post! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

mpfand - congrats to DS! A big achievement! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Maggie, little kids and wreath sales - whew! You deserve a rest now! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Michele - I also have SGA going tonight, scent - Mistletoe. Using about 1/3 of a chunk and it is pretty strong! [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Good morning ladies!

*It's my last day of work* *Sleeping near airport tonight* *Maybe will be baking cookies by tomorrow night*

Can I tell you how excited I am to be coming home?? What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I felt weepy over every little thing, which of course is not acceptable in the work setting, so I had to stuff it all down....but today is quite different. [smilie=th_avatar_4219]

Debra, I'm sorry your post disappeared. That is always a flushable moment.

OK ladies - last night I melted TBG Mrs. Crachit's Christmas Pudding which I wasn't sure about cold, but melted it was lovely and very different from some of the other holidays scents. Cake, plums, raisins, carrots, sugar, cinnamon and brandy - very tasty.

I made *another* little order yesterday - smallish, mind you - Super Tarts had a flash sale of Christmas Boxes and I ordered both the Mint/Fresh and the Cider/Spice. Because I *needed* more Christmas scents. I do like samplers like that, especially when I'm not very familiar with a vendor. So I've been on a bit of a holiday splurge. Good thing this is the last trip of the year. [smilie=th_paper-bag]

OK dear ones - have a great day!

Good Morning!

Mpfand-Congrats to your son on his graduation! How wonderful!

Amy and Honeybear- I am still laughing at the Christmas Queen. Today I’m hosting my father and his former and current aides for a Christmas lunch. I am looking forward to it.

AmyJo- I melted the SB Winter Palace last night and it’s still going. I must say I’m loving this one also. It has to be one of my favorites. I’m sure the scent notes are similar. Glad you are going home tomorrow.

I looked up SB Winter Palace. The scent notes are Pink Sugar, plums, dark cherries and sweet oranges with peppery woody undertones.

Have a great day!

Hi everyone. Melting Sugar Plum by Hayden Rowe. I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, I have a lot of things going on, so I won't be back on until 2019. [smilie=th_autumboy]

Thanks for the congrats for DS. :wub:

Amy, I'm glad you're headed home. Home is my favorite place to be. :)

Michele, enjoy your Christmas luncheon. What a sweet thing to do. [smilie=th_yourock]

Susan, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you! [smilie=th_a194]

DH and I took my parents to the airport last night. It was so nice having them here. The house is very quiet today, but I'm getting a lot done and Pandora is keeping me company with Christmas music.

Melting Candy Cane Snowball Cookies from Dessa's. This is from a sweet CF friend and it smells exactly as I'd hoped it would. [smilie=th_00000020]

Merry Christmas, Susan! See you next year! [smilie=th_wave]

Amy~ You are almost home. Focus on all the love your fur babies are going shower on you. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Maggie ~ Hope you get lots of relaxation this break. You deserve it!

And here’s to DH finding things to do “outside” of the house. [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Michele ~ I see you’re still at it! ???? Hope the luncheon went well! Where on earth do you get all of that energy?! I need some. [smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign000

Mpfand ~ Music always helps with productivity, doesn’t it? ????

ST White Christmas

ST Ron ~ in honor of my DH just cause :flirtysmile4:

VCS Spoonful of Cookie Monster

FP Mystery tart ~ And it’s a real mystery what’s in it. Not a big fan whatever it is. [smilie=th_u53]

Scentsy My Dear Watson

Picked up DD#2 this afternoon and she’s now napping. Glad I got most of my wrapping done! Now just have to make sure the kitties stay out from under the tree so they don’t rip into the packages. Lila is already at it. :icon_rolleyes: