The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Jingle Bells, My House Smells!

Hi All!

Melting SGA Christmas Eve (Toasted Marshmallow candy Cane Pine and Cinnamon). Smells wonderful.

Worked at the church this morning and now trying to get a lot done here.

Amy- I’m sure you do smell like Christmas. I can sometimes smell whatever I am melting on my clothes.

Just a quick note before popping off to bed. Tomorrow is an early start!

I frequently smell like my smellies. It makes my DS nuts when I go to his house - but I tell him it is either that or 4 litter boxes! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Tonight it is Cheryl's Christmas Garland.

[smilie=thzzz003]

Good Morning!

Quick post before running off...didn't get a chance last night...

Sandy Claws by She loves Cake

And Shamrock Sugar Cookies by Scented Squirrel

Amy...I think smelling like candles is a GREAT thing! Lol

Have a great day all! :)

Good morning ladies!

A brisk 19 F this morning but the stars were clear and bright last night, lovely.

Michele, I can imagine that you need some down time after all of your work for the party. Enjoy your unboxing/wrapping and the peace and quiet! [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Debra, isn't that the truth? - I keep after the back bedroom where Clemmie's litter box resides, but gee whiz for such a tiny animal, she can overpower the whole place when she does her business. [smilie=th_puke] TMI

I have to let you all know that yesterday a Christmas wreath which I purchased from our Maggie arrived - red and white with two plump little stuffed gingerbread people, so adorable!! - and it is on our living room wall. Maggie, you are so talented and that is my single favorite Christmas decoration in our home. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Well I think I've let my waxthusiasm get the better of me this morning and there is too much going on, [smilie=th_smilies-1] but I love all of these:

Rosegirls Leaves Scoopable - oh, this is such a beautiful scent, a giftie from a dear CF pal - thank you!

OPT Frost Bite - from the Christmas sampler - an absolute blast of wintergreen - so strong! I love all the mints, hands down, and this one is beautiful.

SB Frosty - Christmas sampler - elderberry, blackberry, plum, fizzy pop, and mint - I had to sit and just think about these scents because this is a very different combination but I love it. This one is in the living room so it's getting center stage today and I'm glad for it.

L3 Jig Saw - cotton candy, pop rocks, orange zest - this one in the kitchen - I love it and it is very refreshing against all of the mint going on elsewhere. Also a gift from a sweet CF pal, thank you!!

SEMO Tea Party - I think this is tea, strawberry jam, and cake - in the bathroom - scrumptious.

Yes I know that is too much at once. But it's all beautiful. So many scents, so little time!

Two weeks until Christmas...I hope we will all enjoy each day as it comes.

Good Morning Everyone!

It’s 26 degrees here this morning. Winter is making its way to us.

Amy-you do have a lot going on but they all smell wonderful!

I’m melting VCS Christmas Time with Jackie O. I’m loving this one.

I hope to be very productive today.

Have a great day all!

Hi, ladies! Hope you're all getting things checked off of your lists. :D

Potatoe soup in the crockpot and Silent Night from Southbound in the melters. A big thank you to a very sweet CF gal for this lovely scent. :wub:

Hi !

Debra- I finally got to open all my Black Friday Christmas gift orders. I wrapped the ones I could. Tomorrow I will try boxing and wrapping the others. I’m checking things off my list everyday.

That potato soup sounds wonderful.

Changed the melters out to VCS Rhiannon.

Yay, Michele! Progress feels good, doesn't it? [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Mpfand, I also had potato soup cooking. I love the "loaded baked potato" type.

AmyJo, I found some great canned cat food that is an "odor reduction" digestible type. Sophie loved it. Past tense, did you notice? Once I bought a case she was all over it. No more, thank you. It was not cheap, either! [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Tonight my Advent calendar scent is a Lavender Vanilla.

Good morning all!

A little warmer this morning, hovering just below freezing and due to go into the low 40's, which will feel like a heat wave. As much as I love winter, I take great heart in that another week, the days will start to get longer again!! That is always such a point of encouragement in cold December.

Maggie - cheering for your concerts!! [smilie=th_aa21]

Mpfand and Debra, you are killing me with all of this talk of delicious potato soup. That sounds so tempting...*must investigate recipes*

Michele, great progress on the package wrapping! [smilie=th_aa17] I'm afraid I am well behind on everything...

Debra - you hit the nail on the head! - if Clemmie sees that I have purchased a large quantity of some type of cat food, forget about it -- we won't be eating that anymore. I hide her food in a different room, and I have to keep mixing up the types and the flavors or she goes on strike. On the other hand, I used to have another cat, Magellan (so named because he got himself into the home ventilation ductwork) who would eat only Meow Mix Salmon. That was it. Then Clemmie came along and wanted lots of variety, and since he adored her, he too started branching out. Cats are such intriguing creatures. The dogs will pretty much inhale whatever is put before them.

I am tempted by that low-odor digestive food, however...who is the manufacturer? Maybe if I serve it every other day...at least the number of nuclear deposits could be reduced...

I really have to get rolling on Christmas presents...I have another trip next week, closer to home this time thankfully, but I will miss numerous days when I could be preparing, and then Christmas is...the next Tuesday! Yikes!! I had better get moving!

Well I have been melting up a storm. Some of the tarts:

Colonial Candle Crimson Festival - cinnamon, nutmeg, apple, roasted chestnuts. Sweet and tangy.

Ashland Winter White Cookies - a giftie from a generous CF pal, thank you! - wow these were delicious and strong.

Goose Creek Pumpkin Caramel Swirl - also a giftie from a dear CF pal, thank you! - and this was beautiful and a real creature-comfort.

BBW Winter - from last year - pine, clementine, clove - I always melt this but there is something here that bothers me and I can't put my finger on it. I like every note here but not sure...

SEMO Santa Has A Smoothie - strawberry and mint - I love this one and the name always cracks me up.

OPT Comfort and Joy - cranberry, orange, fir - just perfect and one of the best of this sampler.

SB Oh Christmas Tree - I have to say, this almost brings tears to my eyes - beautiful scent.

Well friends have a fine day and keep crossing those items off your lists!

[smilie=th_Hello_]

It’s been a busy week. I’ve been helping DD#2 from afar with moral support. She had two big papers in French to write (10 and 15 pages each), and a comic book in French, plus a big English paper. [smilie=th_OMG] She will be done at 3 o’clock today. [smilie=th_allah] And DD#1 is dealing now with a breakup and I can’t be there. [smilie=th_shout] This is the worst part about living 500 miles apart.

You all have been so productive! Good for you! These days, I take each day as it comes, but hearing all your talk almost makes me feel guilty that I don’t have any lists, nor do I really care if I get it all done. LOL My tree still isn’t even decorated. But it’s just the two of us here, and we think it is pretty enough with only the lights and an angel on top. Besides, DD#2 will be here next week and she’ll love to help decorate it. I did get a new ruffled red tree skirt yesterday that the kitties look so pretty sitting on. They are wonderful Christmas decorations in and of themselves! :flirtysmile4:

I’ve had a lot of other things on my mind with tomorrow being the anniversary of my brother’s unexpected and untimely passing last year.

Speaking of kitties, for a little kitten, Heidi pie sure plants some nasty stink bombs. [smilie=th_stink] Her litter box is still next to the toilet in the master bedroom, and I need to stay on top of it constantly. We have had a couple of field trips where I have taken her out through the pass way into the kitty area in the garage that has two litter boxes, but she hasn’t done her business out there yet. She hasn’t figured out yet how to push her head through the flaps, but I’m sure Lila will teach her in her own good time.

BL Jingle Bell Cookies

SGA Lemon Lime Fizzy Pop

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Susan - that's a bunch of snow!! I'll bet it was beautiful...but not so much fun if you had to travel in it. And 26 hours of work...you are amazing. [smilie=th_allah]

Honeybear...my heart goes out to you on the anniversary of your brother's passing. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] There are no words...just know I am sending you a big hug.

Also, your girls are lucky to have such a loving and caring mom. Breakups are hard at any time but especially so at this time of year. As for your tree, I think lights, an angel, and kittens on a beautiful tree skirt sound perfect. :skywriter:

As for the kitty potty...honeybear, it makes me feel better that your little kitten is also so potent -- really glad we can share this stuff here...when I think about my Pyr Montgomery, who had potty the size of a boot but with very little odor...it didn't hold a candle to Clem's tiny little offerings.

Well I had turned off the BBW Winter earlier but I decided to give it another try. Now I'm really liking it again. Maybe it just isn't a "first thing in the morning" kind of scent. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Honeybear, that all must cause a lot of Mom and sister angst. Too many things for you to think about this week, I am keeping you in my thoughts.

Susan - those are some big numbers! Can you travel in all that snow? Was it due to the snow that you had to work for so long?

Tonight's advent scent is a Winter Candy Apple blend.

Off to watch It's a Wonderful Life before it has to back to the library! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Good morning all!

Debra - I love It's A Wonderful Life so much.

Honeybear - sending you a big hug today. [smilie=th_empathy]

This morning it's:

Colonial Candle Yuletide Carol - Fig, blackberry, mixed berries, floral, wood. Could be stronger, but lovely scent.

TBG Crystallized Spearmint and Peppermint - glorious. Mint heaven.

TBG Yuletide Trimmings - apple, peach, spices. Delicious.

and

OPT Tinsel Tree - you know how once in awhile there is a scent that just grabs you - this is one. Grapefruit, orange zest, fir tree, clove, cinnamon, pine. There are other scents similar to this, so why does this one bring me to my knees?? I think it's the grapefruit adding something special. In any case - ohhhhhhh. On the website, in her individual scents, I can find only "Tinsel," not "Tinsel Tree," so have sent an email to see if they are the same.

Have a fine Thursday!

I finally have a few moments...this week has been crazy!

Honeybear...I'm sorry you are sad and this time of year is difficult for you. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Amy...thanks for your kind words!! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Susan...wow! That's a lot of snow and a lot of working! I hope you are getting a nice break!

Mpfand and Debra...All your talk of potato soup has got me craving some....thinking I'll add those ingredients to my shopping list this week. :)

It's CFTKR tonight...

Pink Evergreen and Christmas Lane...both wonderful.

Have a great evening!

Maggie, I don't think I have tried Pink Evergreen yet - yay or nay?

AmyJo, your mint blend sounds like a good one! :wub:

It is 8:30 and just started roasting a butternut squash...guess I will be up for awhile! I should have paid more attention to the time. <_>

Tonight is a really old one, a favorite OOB vendor - Candle Dippers - Cranberry Balsam.

Hi Everyone!

This has been an extremely busy week but I have gotten a lot done. I’m down to the last few things on my list. Maybe by Saturday they will be done. Still waiting for some gifts to ship. Most of what is here is now wrapped. I even wrote my Christmas cards out and mailed them. I send out about 70 cards.

Honeybear- I am so sorry for what you are going through. It’s so hard to see our children stressed out and even harder when you can’t be right there. Thinking of you and hoping things get better.

That potato soup in the crockpot sounds delicious. I actually looked up a recipe Think I’m going to try that. I love butternut squash.

Susan-That was a lot of snow.

Melts from yesterday were VCS Christmas Time with Jackie O and TBG Christmas Woods. Melted SGA Rudolph today. This was a mix of pine, citrus and bergamot. All of these scents were very strong and long lasting.

Good Night!

Hello all!

Well glad it's Friday - this has been a busy week.

Maggie!! Give us the concert report!! [smilie=th_ef7d03c7]

Michele, I stand in awe. 70 cards and most of your wrapping done...congratulations, well done!! [smilie=th_e030]

The power of suggestion...Debra, now that you brought up butternut squash, that's all I can think about. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Well this morning it was:

TBG Christmas Woods - beautiful.

Scentsy Cranberry Spice - from a sweet CF friend - delicious and strong. Thank you!!

OPT Hollyberry & Mistletoe - the last of this Christmas Sampler - [smilie=th_cry2yw3] - just gorgeous.

I'm in the office today but will turn everything back on when I get home.

So, I heard back from Lara at OPT and sure enough, Tinsel Tree is not the same as Tinsel, and she doesn't have any Tinsel Tree available - it's a special blend. She is going to have her end of year sale and then shut down for the holidays, plus her husband is having major surgery. So I hope everything will go well - that's tough to have surgery right before Christmas. I do hope that in the New Year I can convince her to pour more of that gorgeous grapefruity firry spicy deliciousness. I used the ice cube method to save the melt I started yesterday. *prized tart*

That's it for now - enjoy your Friday and get some rest!

Hi friends.

Thank you for the hugs and good wishes. Really love you all. [smilie=group_hug]

Susan ~ Hope you didn't have to travel far with all of that snow!

Michele ~ Again, I am in awe of all you do. You are simply amazing!

Amy ~ You keep making me laugh with all of the poop talk. Montgomery having poop the size of a boot... [smilie=th_help]

Debra ~ I miss CandleDippers. Loved her wax.

Maggie ~ Soon you will be on vacation. I'm excited for you to have a break.

BL A Marshmallow World ~ Peppermint Coconut Marshmallow Fluff Cake

Zeep Oktoberfest

VCS Fezziwick's Christmas ~ Thanks to a sweet CF friend [smilie=thank_you]

Hope everyone's having a good day.

Honeybear, that marshmallow scent sounds yummy! [smilie=yes]

Michele, 70 cards?! :o You're amazing. ;)

I spent several hours wrapping yesterday. My mom helped so I was able to get a lot done. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Melting Mistletoe from Yankee. Very realistic. My mom likes it, too.

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had a good day.

Mine was busy. I’m now relaxing and watching the Hallmark Channel. I love their movies this time of year.

I am now caught up with Christmas wrapping. Everything that I bought so far is wrapped. I still have a few more gifts to buy and then it’s fime for the stocking stuffers.

I have actually cut back on Christmas. I find it overwhelming. I have a very large family and have a lot of gifts to buy. This is normal for me.

I do want to be finished soon.

My youngest DD was a big winner yesterday.at her office Christmas party. She won 2 round trip tickets to Europe or Asia from Delta Airlines. She’s so excited and is thinking of going to Thailand in the spring.

Burning a candle tonight - BBW Toasted Vanilla Chai.

Good night All!

Holy cow, x 2 Michele! 70 cards, wowie, and your DD's winnings! What a prize! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

AmyJo, I have noticed that sometimes when I turn off melts and turn them back on after work, they are not as strong as they were when I first start out. Have you noticed that?

Well, my Candle aire has gone to its final resting ground. It was great, but probably passed on due to overuse! Now I am in the market for another electric melter. I like my tealight melter but everynow and then I don't want to mess with tealights.

Busy day tomorrow, breakfast group and our office party. And, I still need to decorate the tree...

Tonight it is Blue Moon - Northwoods Christmas

Good Morning!

Melting SGA 25 Days of Christmas from last year’s Sampler. It’s iced cranberry pine citrus cloves and vanilla. As usual very strong and very good.

Debra-That happens to me a lot. For some reason the scent isn’t as strong the second time around.

I don’t have much planned for today. Will probably just relax and watch some Christmas movies. Tomorrow I’m going to PA for a Christmas fair and then to lunch with my sister’s and sister in law.

This will be a quiet week. DD is going to Detroit for the week for work. I want to be finished with Christmas by Tuesday so I can enjoy the rest of the week. On Thursday I’m having my dad , his current aide, and former aide and her friend over for lunch. That should be very pleasant. I’m looking forward to it.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!