The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Jingle Bells, My House Smells!

Good morning ladies!

I hope everyone had a peaceful, beautiful Christmas Day yesterday. We had a fine time with friends and family, and we were exhausted last night. I slept like a dead thing - asleep by 8 and I didn't move until 4 this morning. [smilie=thzzz003]

Honeybear - your comment that "Christmas is a lot of work" nails it! I love it, but yes! I know you have been enjoying having the whole family in your house. :skywriter:

Debra - I think cats take a class in pinning their humans down in bed - I know just what you mean. Clem will lie on my shoulder with her head in my neck and there is just no moving. If I turn over, after some kneading, she takes the same position on the other side. :rolleyes:

Maggie and Michele - you ladies are pretty quiet - hope you are getting some time to rest. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

I received some lovely smelly gifts yesterday - a big YC candle, "Tranquil Moments," and an Olivia Blake London set of candle and spray, "Rose Crystal." Normally I am not a rose fan but this is nice, a more subtle floral and nice in the bathroom.

Well today I plan to lay low and possibly continue to try teaching Eli the Pyr/Golden mix to take a calm walk...he is the one inspired by every bird, passerby, and blade of grass.

Melting this morning we have:

Dessa's Christmas Tree - I love this scent from every vendor, but this one is especially good. This has been a magnificent sampler. *Thank you sweet CF friend!*

TBG Bah Humbug - I would have bought this just for the name - pine and coal. Beautiful and the coal is not overpowering (I was fearful, given Shannon's Charred Pumpkin, which is fabulous but can be smelled for miles - this one is more toned-down).

Wax Workshoppe Candypalooza - Sour Patch and Cotton Candy - this has been going for about 15 hours and is still nice and strong, even in the hottest melter. I just noticed that her wax is paraffin, although she still recommends a month of curing. I am enjoying this vendor. [smilie=th_200912104451]

Enjoy the post-Christmas glow and hopefully get some rest!

Hello and Merry Christmas Everbody!!

Hope that you all had a wonderful holiday.

The bowling in Christmas PJ’s was a huge success. It was a lot of fun and the start of a yearly tradition. Next year we are all going to dress alike.

Yesterday’s melt was Zeep’s Christmas Tree from a lovely CF friend. I had saved this one for the big day. It was worth the wait! Wonderful.

This morning it’s Wax Workshoppe Elf Melts which I am enjoying very much. This was also from a sweet CF friend.

It’s been a very busy couple of days which we have enjoyed very much.

I am trying just to enjoy this day and relax. Hope you can all do the same.

Honeybear- I hope your family is enjoying being together.

Amy-lucky you being able to sleep 8 hours straight. I wish I could do the same.

Have a wonderful day!

This afternoon I switched to TBG Snow White. This was strong and wonderful!

Hello girls!

Debra ~ Yes, I know that pinned-down feeling all too well. Kitten gets in my pocket and sticks there like glue. Unfortunately, Heidi hasn’t been sleeping with us much anymore. [smilie=th_sad2hz1] I’m so sad. (Many times in the morning she sleeps by me, but not between our pillows like she used to anymore.) Now that she’s a big girl, she loves to get into all kinds of shenanigans with her big sister, Lila. And if anyone remembers, Lila never did get to sleep with us much since she had ringworm as a kitten and had to be quarantined in the bathroom after the first few nights. Not the way we wanted it at all!

Michele ~ Glad you are having such a good time!

Amy ~ I was trying to take it easy today as well, but the Lush store was calling our name. The girls and I had fun with the BOGO sale, but in a short time, we all got overwhelmed and had to get outta there! It was a madhouse! [smilie=th_5337c1ad]

Homemade tarties today in Nag Champa and Celebrate Christmas Type

CFOW Mrs. Claus Cookies

ST Rosalie

I’m thinking about a Super Tarts Preorder this Friday. She’s going to be offering all of her Advent scents, and while I didn’t get one this year, I hear a couple (Candy Cane Bedtime Bath and Christmas Cookie Butter) are TDF. :ssshopping:

Hello All and a belated Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! :confettistars:

It's so sad how the preparation for the holidays is so intense and then "poof"....all over in a handful of hours. Now begins the dreaded "returns" and "exchanges" part. Spent yesterday in the mall with one of my DDs and it was crazy...I think the after Christmas sales are filling the stores to the brim! I'm not a shopper to begin with so this is brutal. [smilie=th_u51]

Amy...your lovely post made me smile! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Honeybear....love the Lush store!! Smelled so good as we walked by yesterday.

Debra...Lololol...yes....a tin can it is!

Michele..glad that bowling in pjs was a great success!

I've been melting Colonial candles Balsam Fir for days...love it.

Now it's some from sweet CF pals...

Gingerbread Man by Nanas tarts

Blue Christmas by Scentsy

Both amazing and great throwers...thanks! :sHa_thumbgoodjob:

Have a great Thursday!

Hi All!

Maggie- We went last night to Menlo and did exchanges. I was surprised at how empty it was. We were in and out quickly.

Honeybear- I love Lush too.

Christmas is over in a flash after weeks of prep.

Now I start to get ready for my New Years Day party. Expecting close to 40 people. I hardly ever get any refusals because all my relatives call it the party of the year. For some reason they love it. I guess that’s a compliment but it’s becoming a lot of work. The family keeps growing.

Melting VCS Enchanting Prince today. I needed a change from the Christmas scents. It’s a good one.

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. We had a nice, quiet day with both of our kids and DD's fiancee.

I've been busy cleaning after taking down the tree and decorations yesterday. Not sure if I was quite ready yet, but DH was home yesterday and willing to help. As much as I love Christmas decor there is something about cleaning and starting fresh for the New Year.

Michele, you are a busy lady! Sounds like you put on a fun party. :D

Melting gifts from sweet CF friends, Scarlet Cypress Wreath from ScentSationals (strong and good) and Yuletide Carol from Colonial Candle (really nice holiday scent that isn't your typical cinnamon, pine or mint).

Look at you, Michele! Another party! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04 It sounds like it is a really fun one!

I love Lush, too, and even just walking by the open door, the fragrance can be strong!

mpfand - you are very motivated! I am just sitting and looking at my decorations, wishing they would put themselves away. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Maggie, you are one brave gal, hitting the mall right after Christmas! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Tonight it is Old World Christmas - SGA. I smell orange and spices.

Good morning ladies!

I don't know which button I hit this time, but I had already typed two paragraphs and whoops, gone! :ph34r: Take two!

This week has gone by in a flash. Happily there is another week before I have to go back to work.

Yesterday was a good day - DH and I went to pick up his new laptop - we waited for the Microcenter's big after-Christmas sale. Then he went off to work and I spent the day with my dearest friend of 15 years, who I call the sister I never had. We went to an Indian buffet for lunch and then we went to the zoo. It is always so easy to be with her.

Maggie, you are so correct - Christmas is over so quickly! Poof is right! I've been trying to celebrate this whole two-week period because that one day is gone in the blink of an eye. Also, like you, I have been melting Colonial Candle Balsam Fir on and off for this whole month. I can't get enough of that! In fact, I may have ordered more. [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Mpfand, I admire your industry to get the decorations put away, especially if DH is willing to help. As I recall, you had them up nice and early too - I need to follow your excellent example next year. I was still putting things out last week. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Honeybear, sounds like you and your DDs had a fine trip to Lush. I have never been to that store - in fact, I didn't know it was a store at all until a week ago. It's probably better that I stay away. Is it like B&BW?

Michele, you are not only the Christmas Queen -- I think you are the Heavenly Holiday Hostess. How do you do it??? 40 people?? The Party of the Year?!! Please tell the details. Is there a meal involved, or is this more appetizers and drinks? Music? What happens at midnight? I stand in awe. [smilie=th_yourock] You make it seem effortless and I know if's anything but. Also, your bowling league is just fabulous - I love the idea of everybody dressing alike next year!! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Debra, Old World Christmas sounds lovely - anything with orange and spices is high on my list. [smilie=yes]

Well I have perhaps ordered a *few* things from Colonial Candle and B&BW...and others...these past few days...some amazing sales...The B&BW came in ONE day, amazing - they are discontinuing my beloved cucumber line so yes I did stock up.

The last couple of days, some of the scents around here have been so wonderful that I am stunned (not all melted at the same time, don't worry):

Dessa's Nutcracker Sweet - oh this, this!! I must find more of this, do you think she will offer it? Gingerbread cookies, buttery sugar cookies, cinnamon rolls, gingerbread sweet cakes, vanilla frosting. This was in the shape of an adorable little brown log cabin with a stone fireplace, from an amazing sampler. And I didn't think I liked gingerbread, which was a towering mistake. Thank you dear CF friend!!

Homemade Peppermint Bark from our talented CF wax artist - the best peppermint bark I have tried this season, and I have some from just about every vendor. Superb, how do you do it?? THANK YOU!!!

TBG Winter Blues - my very most favorite blue sugar scent and do you know, this mixes extremely well with the Homemade Peppermint Bark? The two are not far from one another in the house and they blend beautifully. [smilie=th_LOVE]

TBG Winter Palace - if I should keel over suddenly, please melt this and Winter Blues at my wake. There are no words. So beautiful. Lavender, berries, pomegranate, strawberry, tea, peppermint, pink sugar.

TBG Winter Prince - frankincense - I love this so much and it smells just like the Christmas gift shop my parents and I went to when I was a little girl.

Have a lovely day all - hug your families - and stay warm.

Good morning! [smilie=snoopy]

Amy, your scents all sound amazing. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Sounds like a wonderful day with your friend. :)

We had our tree and other decorations up the day after Thanksgiving so we enjoyed it for several weeks. [smilie=yes]

That's a perfect title for Michele, Heavenly Holiday Hostess! [smilie=th_happy096]

My DD loves Lush! They have homemade soaps, skin care, etc made from natural ingredients.

Day 7 that DH has had to go to work without pay as he is considered "essential personnel".

Melting Home For The Holidays from Sonoma.

Have a good day everyone!

Happy Friday...it's been a rainy fall and rainy winter for us so far...I hope that changes and it starts to get cold.

Amy...your scents sound sooooo good. Glad you had a nice day yesterday.

Michele...have a great time at your party!

Mpfand...I'm sorry that your DH has to go to work without pay. :(

Debra...wouldn't it be nice if the decorations could put themselves away? I love that idea...Lolol

It's The Dunes by VRC upstairs

And downstairs it's Dessas Christmas Eve...great blend!

And from sweet CF pals...Scentsy Very Merry Christmas (so sad this is the last of the clam)...wonderful scent! [smilie=thank_you]

Naughty or Nice by Southbound...also wonderful! [smilie=thank_you]

Have a great day. :)

AmyJo, how nice to have time off!

It is nice to have a weekend to get caught up. Christmas is fun, but it keeps me from doing things like laundry and all those other fun things.

[smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare]

mpfand, I hope your DH is holding up - 7 days is a long time!

Maggie, I am so the opposite! After the snowy years we just had, I am so happy to have only rain! [smilie=th_clap1]

Tonight - still Christmas scents - Christmas Tree / Tiffany's,

Good morning everyone!

It has finally stopped raining. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr I do wish some of this were snow. Maggie, you and I are of a mind on that. [smilie=th_friends]

Debra, you're right - I have been in a state of suspended animation for a few days but the laundry has not, and this must be addressed at some point. [smilie=th_Whistle]

Mpfand, I'm so sorry that your husband has to work without pay. :(

Michele, I am thinking about you preparing for your huge New Years Gala!

Thanks everybody for explaining about Lush - I had no clue, although I have had many Lush-type scents and wondered where the inspiration came from. :D

I must admit that sometime yesterday, while looking at the Christmas candles, something clicked in my head and just like that, Christmas was over. I'm still enjoying the scents and decorations but I think I am ready to move into the new year.

So, this morning it's a tart and fruity theme:

TBG Cranberry Fig - lovely combination which cuts the usual sweetness of the cranberries into something softer and mysterious.

Homemade Cranberry Woods - lovely, thank you sweet CF pal! - and this one also adds a darker, earthy note to the sweetness which I love.

TBG Grapefruit Rosemary - so luscious - one of the best of the Christmas collection. I think I love grapefruit in any form.

L3 Be Enchanted - Blue Sugar - I popped this in when the TBG blue sugar was fading and it's every bit as wonderful. This is in the back bedroom so as not to interfere with all the fruity scents going on elsewhere.

and - a special surprise -

TBG Blueberry Truffle - from the gorgeous Valentine Sampler which I received yesterday from a generous CF pal, THANK YOU!!! [smilie=thank_you]

Have a fine Saturday and stay warm - looks like the temperature is dropping around here at least. [smilie=th_autumboy]

What is everyone doing? It sure is quiet!

Still raining, decorations are not put away, and still working through some Holiday smells. Not much changing here! :blush:

Tonight is an oldie, fond remembrances of Backyard Hobbies - County Christmas.

Good morning [smilie=th_316785e4]

It's cold enough here that the pool pump is running. Brrr.....

Melting a gift from a generous CF buddy, Frosty from Southbound. A beautiful scent that had an adorable snowman embedded in the top. I couldn't bring myself to chop him up so I just tossed him into the melter. Well....he didn't melt; I found him swimming in the wax this morning. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. [smilie=th_wave]

Good morning all!

Debra - you are cracking me up - [smilie=th_coffeespew] - "Still raining, decorations not put away, and still working through some Holiday smells. Not much changing here!" [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

mpfand - I love that the snowman was still there to say good morning! ????

It is indeed quiet around here - it must mean that everyone is busy and (hopefully) enjoying themselves!

Last night we went to Festival of Lights at the zoo and it was so beautiful. The Cincinnati Zoo starts in the fall and decorates the entire place with something like two million lights. It is magical. I'm glad we went early because this is the last weekend and when we left people were just pouring in and the traffic was backed up for many blocks. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

This morning it's all gifties from sweet CF pals - THANK YOU!!

Homemade Mistletoe - so lovely and strong!

Dessa's Vanilla Noel - creamy and beautiful.

TBG Alice in Lavenderland - this may be a new lavender favorite!

Colonial Candles Snow Day - and I have a little stockpile of this glorious scent now!

Have a lovely day everyone.

Good Morning!

You are all too funny calling me the Heavenly Holiday Hostess. I guess I’m so used to entertaining it really doesn’t stress me out.

I’m finally relaxing. This has been a whirlwind last couple of days. I haven’t stopped. So happy to just be sitting here for now. I’m melting VCS Berry Creme Five Families/Cookie Monster/Jackie O.

I haven’t had time to melt at all. I’m really missing it.

We will start taking our decorations down on Wednesday. I’m still enjoying them for now.

We are just going to church later and then doing some shopping for our party. Then we will grab a quick dinner out.

Tomorrow evening we are going to a friend’s house. What’s everyone else doing NYE?

Have a great day all!

AmyJo, our zoo does the zoolights too, and just like you mentioned, the traffic is so bad, I have not had the nerve to go for years. :wacko:

Michele, you have been very busy, your little melter misses you, I bet! ;)

NYE - I will wake up when the firecrackers go off and the cats jump off the bed. That is about as exciting as it gets! [smilie=bagover]

Melting odds and ends to make more room! Right now, Scentsationals Pumpkin and Cranberry.

Apart from posting on the newbie page this is my first post.

I'm utilising my YC Scenterpiece today with YC Snowflake Cookie in the lounge and Snow in Love in the hallway

Good morning all!

Well, here we are on New Year's Eve! This year was a speedy one and for the most part a good one with much to be grateful for. It has started raining again, thank goodness, because we certainly haven't had any of THAT lately. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Debra, I agree - we are not the wild kids on NYE - we will probably stay home away from the drunken drivers and I doubt that we will be awake at midnight. In the morning there will be this realization that oh! It's 2019! And then a few weeks of mistyping the date until I get used to it.

I have started taking down a few of the decorations, but will leave up a few that are more winter-oriented, as well as Maggie's gingerbread people wreath - it is red and white, so it should work until Valentine's Day, yes? and I love it so much that it just must remain out for a longer time.

Mpfand, I hope you will have a warm start to the New Year!

Michele, I will be thinking about you as you prepare for your grand party. You are very generous to host so many people. [smilie=th_e030]

Honeybear - my DH has said that your homemade scents are among his favorites. :wub:

Susan and Aria - I hope you have had a lovely holiday season and look forward to hearing from you in the New Year!

Sharon, :hello: and your Yankee scents sound beautiful!

Forgot to say what I was melting. Over the last couple of days - the last two gifties from dear CF pals, THANK YOU!:

ST Holiday Latte - Gingerbread cookies, coffee, and milk - lovely.

Dessa's Vanilla Noel - you know, I hardly ever buy a vanilla scent by itself, but this is absolutely beautiful.

Homemade Evergreen Oasis - as with the rest of these holiday scents - gorgeous and long-lasting!

OK dear all, have a safe, joyous NYE and see you next year! [smilie=th_a194]

Hi Everyone!

Worked at the church this morning. Now I’m cleaning and getting ready for my party.

I’m melting Zeep Clowning Around. Need a change from the holiday scents.

Sharon-Welcome! We are a friendly group here.

Happy New Year to all and Be Safe!!

Happy New Year's Eve! [smilie=th_blij40]

We're staying in this evening. I may or may not make it to midnight. [smilie=th_pardon]

Melting a gift from a waxie pal, Queen Mary from VCS. [smilie=th_teks0311]

Michele, I bet your party is in full swing right now! I hope you are having a wonderful time! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Sharon - it is nice to have you with us - I wanted to get the YC Christmas scents this year and did not get around to it. Maybe I need to check out the year-end sales for next year!

Tonight it is Cheryl's Lemon Tart. It is a strong one - leave it on for 20 minutes, turn it off...leave it on, then turn it off... [smilie=th_giggle]

Happy New Year to you all! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Happy New Year, my lovely peeps! [smilie=th_LOVE]

[smilie=th_Welcome1-1] , Sharon! It’s always nice to meet another wax enthusiast! [smilie=yes] I’m enjoying some Yankee myself this evening. I’m burning Christmas Cookie and North Pole.

Like most of you...Amy, Debra, Mpfand...we are in for the night. Took DD#2 to the airport this afternoon (DD#1 went back to Albuquerque a few days ago), and now it is much too quiet. Miss them already.

Amy ~ How sweet that your DH likes my tarts. :blush: They are really so easy to make.

Zeep Chai Tea

SGA Lavender Cotton Candy Frosting ~ A gift from a sweet CF friend [smilie=thank_you]

Starlit Ooey Gooey Caramel Apple

Good morning everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :confettistars:

I hope that everybody had a safe, joyful night. It was the height of excitement around here - after an early glass of champagne, we were in bed by 9:30 and I guess the whole countryside was quiet. The New Year came in silently and peacefully, as far as we know! [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Mpfand, did you make it to midnight? I had hopes of waking up in time to watch the ball drop, but that just didn't happen. [smilie=th_pardon]

Honeybear, I'm sorry both your DDs have flown the coop again. Were there fireworks by you, and if so, what did the kitties think about it? :unsure:

Debra, I know what you mean with a strong scent like that - turn it off and hope it calms down a little! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Michele, I am thinking about you and your big party! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Maggie, we miss you and I hope that your New Year came in happily! :thwetkissf:

Sharon, how was your New Year? Anything fun? [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Well I was going for an eggnoggy theme this morning but I only had a couple of scents like that, so it's a mixture of things:

SGA Orange Vanilla Pine Cones - a giftie from a dear CF pal and I LOVE this! I wouldn't have thought to blend those notes together but it is glorious.

Southbound Nog Cream - I dearly love this and am being miserly with it because there isn't much left.

TBG A Snow Globe World - buttermint, candy canes, salted caramel, brown sugar, roasted chestnuts. This is one of my TBG favorites from the season.

Yankee Vanilla Cupcake in the little cube format - very sweet and comforting.

Well I must do [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare] today and you know what they say - whatever you do on New Year's Day, you're going to be doing for the rest of the year. I think that's a safe bet.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!